HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,300 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 101 of 102 1 2 99 100 101 102
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #166534
07/03/14 02:55 AM
07/03/14 02:55 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL
There is no question that sinners receive punishment for sin. THE question is how is God involved. Green has been abundantly clear that the punishment of God is by direct action. He has been abundantly clear that God is "a" destroyer. But God is not the problem, SIN is the problem. Christ came to save men from their sins, not save them from what God was going to do to them.

APL, you are incapable of grasping the truth as long as you adhere so stringently to your definitions which are too narrow. You would think that God is a hater (maybe even "the" hater) because He hates sin. You would think that God is a destroyer (maybe even "the" destroyer) because He has destroyed. You would think God is a/the punisher because He punishes. You would think God is "the" jealous one, because He says He is Jealous. You would consider God is a/the meat eater, because Jesus ate fish. You would think God is many things that He isn't, just because He's ever done it once.

The Bible is not to be interpreted as you do. You wrest the scriptures to make them teach things that they never said. God is not a meat eater. But God has eaten meat. God is not a destroyer, but He has and will destroy. I don't know how to explain these things to one who is so closed toward the broad and balanced truths of the Word of God. When prideful opinion puts blinders upon the eyes to make them see only what is wont to be seen, how can anyone assist in taking the blinders off?

God inspired Mrs. White to tell us more about God. The Bible and Mrs. White are both clear that sinners will be destroyed by the brightness of His coming. When that happens, I think your eyes will see what you have refused to see hitherto, and perhaps only then. Unfortunately, that will be too late to affect your eternal destiny. May God open your eyes to see before it's too late is my prayer.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Daryl] #166538
07/03/14 04:14 AM
07/03/14 04:14 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
GREEN <> APL

APL, you are incapable of grasping the truth as long as you adhere so stringently to your definitions which are too narrow. You would think that God is a hater (maybe even "the" hater) because He hates sin.
<sounds like you are defining yourself> You would think that God is a destroyer (maybe even "the" destroyer) because He has destroyed. <you think God is "a" destroyer. God destroys NO man> You would think God is a/the punisher because He punishes. <You think God is the one who executes pusnishment, but the judgments of God do not come directly from Him, but he leave the those that reject Him to themselves to reap that which they have sown> You would think God is "the" jealous one, because He says He is Jealous. You would consider God is a/the meat eater, because Jesus ate fish. You would think God is many things that He isn't, just because He's ever done it once.

The Bible is not to be interpreted as you do. You wrest the scriptures to make them teach things that they never said. God is not a meat eater. But God has eaten meat. God is not a destroyer, but He has and will destroy. I don't know how to explain these things to one who is so closed toward the broad and balanced truths of the Word of God.
<You can't explain it because you won't see it. You are rejecting the truth as it is in Jesus> When prideful opinion puts blinders upon the eyes to make them see only what is wont to be seen, how can anyone assist in taking the blinders off? <DO take the blinders off and see God as revealed by Jesus!>

God inspired Mrs. White to tell us more about God. The Bible and Mrs. White are both clear that sinners will be destroyed by the brightness of His coming. When that happens, I think your eyes will see what you have refused to see hitherto, and perhaps only then. Unfortunately, that will be too late to affect your eternal destiny. May God open your eyes to see before it's too late is my prayer.
< you are right - I don't see God as you see Him, that it clear. Look to the LAMB. The truth is that I know that sinners will die. Sin will be irradicated. What you don't like is the method God uses to do this. You can't believe that force is not part of God's government. Compelling power is found only under Satan's government. That really seems to irk you. Why???>

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Daryl] #166540
07/03/14 04:41 AM
07/03/14 04:41 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
APL,

I noticed you didn't deny that God is a meat eater. Your reasoning of "if God has ever done something, it makes Him have said identity" forces the conclusion that you believe God is a meat-eater. It is this same unbalanced form of logic, which is not true to reality, nor to the Scriptures, which forces you to reject the fact that God has ever or will ever punish sinners. The discussion of this thread, so far as you're concerned, has been in vain.

I'm truly sorry. Enjoy your meat-eating God. My God is not a meat-eater. I am able to distinguish between acts of God which He does of necessity, not of desire, and the character of God which is behind those actions. Why did God eat meat? Why does He punish? The answer to both of those questions is more closely related than you may understand or admit. A single or occasional act does not force an identity all to one side. Such "all or none" thinking is unbalanced, and irresponsible in terms of understanding Scripture.

God has, does, and will punish. He says so Himself. Mrs. White asks the question regarding this very thing "Who will say God will not do what He says He will do?" She predicted that people would come teaching what you have been teaching here, APL. You are a fulfillment of prophecy.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Daryl] #166543
07/03/14 05:08 AM
07/03/14 05:08 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
How does God punish? You say, by direct action. Yes EGW you can claim to believe says, "God destroys no man". She is speaking of direct action. "the judgments of God would not come directly out from the Lord upon them, but in this way: They place themselves beyond His protection. He warns, corrects, reproves, and points out the only path of safety; then if those who have been the objects of His special care will follow their own course independent of the Spirit of God, after repeated warnings, if they choose their own way, then He does not commission His angels to prevent Satan's decided attacks upon them"

She says, "Lord will do just what He has declared that He would--He will withdraw His blessings from the earth and remove His protecting care from those who are rebelling against His law and teaching and forcing others to do the same." Teaching contrary to the 10C is rebelling against the law of God, and this includes the 6th. Sinner die, they die because of sin, sin pays it wage.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Daryl] #166544
07/03/14 05:30 AM
07/03/14 05:30 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
APL,

You put words in my mouth, and in Mrs. White's mouth, that do not belong. Mrs. White, like the Bible, must be interpreted properly. She does say "God destroys no man." She also says things like "God destroyed the people with the waters of a great flood, and rained fire and death upon the wicked cities; but the great adversary was still free to pursue his scheme of demoralization." And... "This rainbow was to evidence the fact to all generations that God destroyed the inhabitants of the earth by a flood, because of their great wickedness."

But you cannot accept the truth of those passages. You have to wrest them to say things that they never were intended to mean.

My personal view? I believe God is "actively withdrawing His own presence" in order that we are NOT destroyed/consumed as in a moment by His wrath. There will come a time when He will cease His withdrawal, and release His glory. Then, sin and sinners will be consumed. God is waiting, with longing desire, for us to repent of our sinfulness before He must do this.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Daryl] #166545
07/03/14 05:33 AM
07/03/14 05:33 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
I'll summarize some more points of this discussion later, when I have time.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Green Cochoa] #166547
07/03/14 05:49 AM
07/03/14 05:49 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Green <> APL

You put words in my mouth, and in Mrs. White's mouth, that do not belong. Mrs. White, like the Bible, must be interpreted properly. She does say "God destroys no man." She also says things like "God destroyed the people with the waters of a great flood, and rained fire and death upon the wicked cities; but the great adversary was still free to pursue his scheme of demoralization." And... "This rainbow was to evidence the fact to all generations that God destroyed the inhabitants of the earth by a flood, because of their great wickedness."

But you cannot accept the truth of those passages.
<you can't accept the fact that sin is what causes destruction, not God. When men pass divine forbearance, God withdraws and lets the natural consequences of sin go forth> You have to wrest them to say things that they never were intended to mean. <actually one has to do mental gymnastics to that God is the destroyer when He destroys no man. Men are destroyed, but how is God involved?>

My personal view?
<personal view of the SOP/Biblical view? When taken as a whole, the Bible and SOP fits what I have been saying> I believe God is "actively withdrawing His own presence" <that is an interesting twist of words - first time you used that combination> in order that we are NOT destroyed/consumed as in a moment by His wrath. <I still do not think you understand what God's wrath is, have you read Romans 1 recently?> There will come a time when He will cease His withdrawal, and release His glory. Then, sin and sinners will be consumed. God is waiting, with longing desire, for us to repent of our sinfulness before He must do this. <before he kills us?>

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #166552
07/03/14 01:30 PM
07/03/14 01:30 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
I believe what the Book of Job says. But in the spirit of Green, define innocent.

Job was innocent. Were his children innocent?

If you think they were not, why did you say:
Quote:
Did Jesus give evil angels permission to murder innocent women and children?
What women and children were you referring to?

M: Jesus permitted the snakes to bite specific Jews and not the others.

A: "not the others". What others? Did God sent the fiery serpents? Nope.

The snakes were in the area. Jesus commanded them to bite specific Jews and not to bite other specific Jews. He sent them on a errand. They obeyed.
I did not see where you supported with scripture and EGW that the snakes bit specific Jews.

Not sure how snakes and water and fire operate the same way. How did Jesus employ water and fire to punish sinners?
Would you be disagree with Ellen White saying the Father was revealed in Christ?

In what way did satan represent the Father employing water and fire to punish sinners?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Daryl] #166554
07/03/14 05:02 PM
07/03/14 05:02 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
APL, how do you justify Jesus permitting evil men and/or evil angels to murder innocent men, women, and children?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Daryl] #166555
07/03/14 05:03 PM
07/03/14 05:03 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
APL, you have not explained the lake of fire or how sinners will destroy themselves in it. Is the fire literal? Or, is it symbolic?

Page 101 of 102 1 2 99 100 101 102

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!