HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #171363
01/16/15 10:32 PM
01/16/15 10:32 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
We should not take the testimony of any man as to what the Scriptures teach, but should study the words of God for ourselves. If we allow others to do our thinking, we shall have crippled energies and contracted abilities. The noble powers of the mind may be so dwarfed by lack of exercise on themes worthy of their concentration as to lose their ability to grasp the deep meaning of the word of God. The mind will enlarge if it is employed in tracing out the relation of the subjects of the Bible, comparing scripture with scripture and spiritual things with spiritual. {SC 89.3}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: APL] #171369
01/17/15 12:37 AM
01/17/15 12:37 AM
dedication  Online Content OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: APL
We should not take the testimony of any man as to what the Scriptures teach, but should study the words of God for ourselves. If we allow others to do our thinking, we shall have crippled energies and contracted abilities. The noble powers of the mind may be so dwarfed by lack of exercise on themes worthy of their concentration as to lose their ability to grasp the deep meaning of the word of God. The mind will enlarge if it is employed in tracing out the relation of the subjects of the Bible, comparing scripture with scripture and spiritual things with spiritual. {SC 89.3}

For sure -- we MUST study scripture for ourselves, seeking the guidance of God's Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth.

If we don't we will end up being deceived for:

Matt. 24:11 many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Matt. 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, [he is] in the secret chambers; believe [it] not.

Mark 13:21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here [is] Christ; or, lo, [he is] there; believe him not:
13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Luke 17:20 The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
17:22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see [it].
17:23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after [them], nor follow [them].
17:24 For as the lightning, that lightens out of the one part under heaven, shines unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

Hebrew 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem,

Rev21:1 I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
. 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God.
21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171372
01/17/15 03:13 AM
01/17/15 03:13 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw

People like Dedication, are who the Lord warns about because they frequently go directly into the trees, bypassing the Two Pipes, who are the only authorized messengers to do this. Let us be careful, God has stopped winking at the Cross.

Is the above truth???
Is it true that---
"People like Dedication, are who the Lord warns about because they frequently go directly into the trees, (remember the trees in Zech. 4 symbolize the scriptures) bypassing the Two Pipes,
(who GLL says refer to Houteff, and EGW -- however dedication has been told quite a number of times she must not quote EGW when EGW's statement when it was apparent those statements did not agree with Houteff's interpretations)
who are the only authorized messengers to do this. In the final analysis he is saying only Houteff is authorized to tell us what scriptures mean).
Let us be careful, God has stopped winking at the Cross. (The cross has nothing to do with Houteff being the ultimate interpreter of truth; the cross opened the door of salvation for him, the same as for every other person -- drawing us to Christ.

The theme of that passage in Zechariah is "not by might nor by power but by my Spirit says the Lord".

The TWO tubes from the two trees that draw out the oil from the scriptures, converting the words into the "oil of the spirit" represent Christ and the Holy Spirit -- they alone can take the words of scripture and bring them to life in the hearts and minds of men and women.

The human beings, those who share God's truths as well as those who seek truth for their own souls, must draw their truths from this DIVINE bowl of truth in which the words of scripture are empowered and given life saving meaning by the Holy Spirit.

Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #171373
01/17/15 04:52 AM
01/17/15 04:52 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Let us be careful, God has stopped winking at the Cross.

Oh - has God's character changed? Nope. What did the cross show?

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

John 14:9 Jesus said to him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet have you not known me, Philip? he that has seen me has seen the Father; and how say you then, Show us the Father?

John 16:25-27 These things have I spoken to you in proverbs: but the time comes, when I shall no more speak to you in proverbs, but I shall show you plainly of the Father. 26 At that day you shall ask in my name: and I say not to you, that I will pray the Father for you: 27 For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: APL] #171391
01/19/15 05:27 AM
01/19/15 05:27 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
APL- Oh - has God's character changed? Nope. What did the cross show?

Yes,and amen to those Inspired words of God you quoted.

However, we must balance those with such as--

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries."(Hebrews 10:26-27)

His sacrifice is ultimate, and we convert totally in return. Which absolutely means to stay away from "private interpretation" as well.

Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #171392
01/19/15 05:48 AM
01/19/15 05:48 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded-The theme of that passage in Zechariah is "not by might nor by power but by my Spirit says the Lord".

You are making up your own ideas again. This is not the theme. The lesson is to show that God's Inspired Interpreters are the ONLY ones allowed to go into the trees to pull out revealed "truth". Such private interpreters (as yourself) are forbidden, as per the symbolic lesson.

Furthermore, you have already been exposed as a "PI" such as Isaiah 14:13-14 indicating support for Satan to establish his kingdom in Israel during the Loud Cry. And Isaiah 2:2-4 having, among other things, a application in the new earth period.

All we asked is for INSPIRED references to back up your interpretations. You try and pull out this quote and that quote yet show no direct Inspirational support addressing those quotes meaning what you apply them to.

Spinning and twisting "may" fool a few but not Truth seekers.

Now my question to you is--does this pictorial vision show an accurate description of Zech.4? (drawn by brother Houteff by the way) If not let's see a better drawing from you. Zech. 4 Picture

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 01/19/15 05:50 AM.
Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #171393
01/19/15 05:52 AM
01/19/15 05:52 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The problem arises -- whose interpretation is "private" and whose is "inspired" FOR

Matt. 24:11 many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Matt. 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, [he is] in the secret chambers; believe [it] not

As to Christ's kingdom in our present world -- it is the kingdom of Grace that works within the believers: it is not to be looked for in ANY geographical place.

Luke 17:20 The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
17:22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see [it].
17:23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after [them], nor follow [them].
17:24 For as the lightning, that lightens out of the one part under heaven, shines unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

If anyone says a visible kingdom is here or there, DO NOT GO, DO NOT FOLLOW THEM.

When Christ comes in glory as King of kings all will see it.

Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #171394
01/19/15 06:17 AM
01/19/15 06:17 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- The problem arises -- whose interpretation is "private" and whose is "inspired"

"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." (Isaiah 8:20)

And when we see people project end time events without Inspired references to back it up--it's private.

Furthermore, when they are shown their mistake and pridefully ignore correction and don't admit they have any applicable Inspired references, then the following applies--

"I have been shown that the greatest reason why the people of God are now found in this state of spiritual blindness is that they will not receive correction. Many have despised the reproofs and warnings given them."(Testimonies, vol. 3, p.255)

Now my question to you is--does this pictorial vision show an accurate description of Zech.4? (drawn by brother Houteff by the way) If not let's see a better drawing from you. Zech. 4 Picture

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 01/19/15 06:20 AM.
Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171396
01/19/15 07:56 AM
01/19/15 07:56 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw
Ded-The theme of that passage in Zechariah is "not by might nor by power but by my Spirit says the Lord".

You are making up your own ideas again. This is not the theme. The lesson is to show that God's Inspired Interpreters are the ONLY ones allowed to go into the trees to pull out revealed "truth". Such private interpreters (as yourself) are forbidden, as per the symbolic lesson.

Forbidden by Houteff maybe, but not by God.
He invites everyone who thirsts to come to the water, and partake of His Word with the aid of His Holy Spirit.
No human has the authority to set themselves up as the sole interpreter of scripture.

I quoted the theme of the chapter straight from the chapter itself,
you put your own words and interpretation on this passage.

Zehariah 4:4 So I answered and spoke to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?
4:5 Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Don't you know what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
4:6 Then he answered and spoke to me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Zechariah asks what it means
The angel answers -- not by might nor by power but by my Spirit, says the Lord.

Turn to the Lord, open His Word, pray for His Holy Spirit, and He will lead you into all truth.
(See John 16:13)

Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #171397
01/19/15 08:34 AM
01/19/15 08:34 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Do I think Houteff's drawing is correct? Not really.
While below is not a drawing it tries to depict the meaning --

Think TREE on far right and far left
BOWL in middle with candlestick underneath it.
Two pipes, one from each tree dripping oil into bowl.

Actually I believe Christ and the Holy Spirit place the oil of truth (the oil of the spirit) in the bowl of living truth, from both trees.

Code:
OLD TESTAMENT                   BOWL OF                           NEW TESTAMENT
      TRUTHS       brought                           brought       TRUTHS
                     to        LIVING TRUTH            to                
   Gospel in         life                             life         Reality
    symbols           by                               by          of the 
                  Holy Spirit                         CHRIST        Gospel 

People empowered
                            by the Holy Spirit
                            and the knowledge
                             of Christ,
                            sharing the truth
                            Causing the church
                            to burn brightly
                            for the Lord.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!