HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,641
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, daylily, dedication), 3,117 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: dedication] #171055
01/03/15 05:54 PM
01/03/15 05:54 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline OP
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths; for out of Zion shall go forth the law.

Perhaps you are not being attentive, but look at what you wrote. Again, you do not quote scripture as it is written. Where is the "..."?

When it says "Come ye, and let us go... walk in His paths." END OF QUOTE.

The prior verse Isaiah 2:2 is God speaking through Isaiah, and the remainer of verse 3 is God speaking through Isaiah. The people are quoted exactly what they are quoted, no more or less.

In your words above you try and pawn it off as if the "people" are saying, --"For out of Zion shall go forth the Law and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem," and "..Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war nay more."

As far as your other explanations , let's stick to this point about Isaiah 2:2-4 and clear it first. I will go over later more of your past words to show your position that this reference pertained to the 490 years and even the preposterous position which you said--a later application to the new earth period.

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 01/03/15 05:56 PM.
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171067
01/04/15 05:42 AM
01/04/15 05:42 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw
Ded- And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths; for out of Zion shall go forth the law.

Perhaps you are not being attentive, but look at what you wrote. Again, you do not quote scripture as it is written. Where is the "..."?

I quoted the text as it was written, (several times already, from two different books of the Bible) yet you try to say I did not.

Yes, where are "...." you ascribed to me? There were no "...." when I was quoting the actual texts.

It's very obvious from the text (as it reads) that it is THE PEOPLE TALKING.

Basic English grammar confirms this.

Isaiah 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

2:6 Therefore thou hast forsaken thy people the house of Jacob, because they be replenished from the east, and [are] soothsayers like the Philistines, and they please themselves in the children of strangers.

Please notice
It is the people talking

They keep saying "LET US" "WE WILL" showing it is still the people talking all through verse 3-5.

They refer to God as "he".

They refer to their enemies as "they" and believe God will rebuke them (other nations) and cause "them" that is their enemies, to beat their swords into plowshares.

This is not God speaking, this the people speaking.
Any English grammar teacher will confirm that.

So yes it is the people saying everything in those verses.

These people THINK they are building God's kingdom.

In verse 6 there is a change in "voice".
It is no more the "US" and "WE" voice.

Now Isaiah is speaking
saying
Therefore "Thou" referring to God
hast forsaken "them"
referring to the people who were talking in verses 3-5.

Why has God forsaken them.

Because they be replenished from east (false religious ideas??) southsayers (false prophets???)

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171068
01/04/15 06:17 AM
01/04/15 06:17 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
And what is so preposterous in saying the absence of war will be realized on this earth ONLY when the earth is made new? The idea that it will happen before is not scriptural.

Scripture says:
"When they cry peace and safety than sudden destruction will come upon them" 1 Thess. 5:3

Scripture shows the kings of the earth with their armies making war right up to Christ's coming (See Rev. 19)

When they THINK they have established a temporal kingdom of peace and safety --- destruction will come.
"when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth."

Though what may be true -- those who continue to look for their peace and safety in a temporal, pre-second coming, earthly kingdom, with a human (or unclean spirit impersonating someone) king, may never experience the true eternal NEW earth kingdom of no more war, pain, sickness, death, of the new earth. The devil wants us to think such a kingdom is preposterous.

Please don't trade the real glorious eternal kingdom which Christ's redemption bought for us, for this temporal, earthly, counterfeit, illusion of a kingdom.

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: dedication] #171124
01/07/15 02:27 AM
01/07/15 02:27 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- I quoted the text as it was written, (several times already, from two different books of the Bible) yet you try to say I did not.

Let us see if what she said is true. here is what she quoted. Pay attention to details. If the quotation marks are missing, that means we don't know what the "people" really say. here it is--

So when they shall have gained their object, the Scripture will be fulfilled, which says: "And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths; for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." Isa. 2:2-4.

When deception comes in , it does it very sneaky. For example , when Dedication quotes Isaiah 2:2-4 notice this part that she quotes--

And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord..."

Do you see a quotation mark starting with..
"Come ye.." and ending with.. "and we shall walk in His paths." ? NO we don't. She does not show it, why? Because she want us to believe that the rest of the verse is what the people say! Deception my brethren and it is sneaky , watch out for her tricks.

The bottomline is that the LORD through Isaiah says that "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore."

Why is this important? Because Dedication has been found in error by trying to tell us that Isaiah 2:2-4 is in the 490 year period in OT and/or it applies to the new earth period. Both cannot be sustained by Scripture!

The Bible flatly says that people in the "last days" our time, shall go to Jerusalem and receive the "Law" from the Lord and there will learn war no more.

This shall happen AFTER Ezekiel 9 church purification.

He will also use every possible device to unsettle our faith in God and in the truths of his Word. If we have not a deep experience in the things of God, if we have not a thorough knowledge of his Word, we shall be beguiled to our ruin by the errors and sophistries of the enemy. False doctrines will sap the foundations of many, because they have not learned to discern truth from error. Our only safeguard against the wiles of Satan is to study the Scriptures diligently, to have an intelligent understanding of the reasons of our faith, and faithfully to perform every known duty.(RH, Nov.19, 1908)

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 01/07/15 02:37 AM.
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171165
01/08/15 07:15 AM
01/08/15 07:15 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Point number one:

The Bible has no quotation marks in the original.
Any quotation marks added are the result of much later editing.

The accusation actually falls back on GLL --
Putting quotation marks where he thinks they should go.
Or copying the translation of some dispensationalist Bible translation that took it upon themselves to add quotation marks.
There are no quotation marks, commas, periods etc. in the original.

The only way to determine who says what is to carefully look for the grammatical "VOICE" in the passage.

Basic English grammar confirms that VERSES 3-5 are all in the "WE/US" voice showing it is the people speaking.

Isaiah 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

2:6 Therefore thou hast forsaken thy people the house of Jacob, because they be replenished from the east, and [are] soothsayers like the Philistines, and they please themselves in the children of strangers.

Please notice
It is the people talking

They keep saying "LET US" "WE WILL" showing it is still the people talking all through verse 3-5.

They refer to God as "he".

They refer to their enemies as "they" and believe God will rebuke them (other nations) and cause "them" that is their enemies, to beat their swords into plowshares.

This is not God speaking, this is the people speaking.
Any English grammar teacher will confirm that.

So yes it is the people saying everything in those verses.

These people THINK they are building God's kingdom.

In verse 6 there is a change in "voice".
It is no more the "US" and "WE" voice.

Now Isaiah is speaking
saying
Therefore "Thou" referring to God
hast forsaken "them"
referring to the people who were talking in verses 3-5.

Why has God forsaken them.

Because they be replenished from east (false religious ideas??) southsayers (false prophets???)

Now notice -- these many people say --

"nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

They are saying the nations will not learn war any more.

BUT scripture shows something very different for at Christ's second coming:
Rev. 19:19 the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse,

This passage (as well as it's equivalent in Micah 4) tell us that there will be a counterfeit kingdom gathering in the "mount of the Lord" just before Christ comes, but it does not go well with them as the rest of the chapter depicts.

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171166
01/08/15 07:29 AM
01/08/15 07:29 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Point #2
GLL is not presenting my position correctly.

While indeed I do see the prophecies of peace in Jerusalem stated in the OT as pertaining to conditional prosperity and Jerusalem being an example of God's righteousness to the nations had they accepted Christ and become a light to the world:
and yes I firmly believe the situation of no more war, death, destruction etc. will be realized on earth only after it is totally cleansed of sin and made new --

YET -- if anyone actually read my last posts they would realize that indeed the prophecies relate to the last days before Christ's coming when

MANY PEOPLE (Isaiah 2)
or
MANY NATIONS (Micah 4)
will try to enforce a human engineered counterfeit kingdom centered in Jerusalem.

A counterfeit will always draw very heavily on the true to appear as genuine as possible while still being very much a counterfeit.

Our mission is to point people to the ensign of Jesus Christ and gather them into the kingdom of GRACE which is not a worldly kingdom but a kingdom inside a person that transforms their lives and hearts and prepares them for the kingdom of glory with Christ in the eternal home.

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: dedication] #171247
01/11/15 12:04 AM
01/11/15 12:04 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded-The Bible has no quotation marks in the original.
Any quotation marks added are the result of much later editing.

Before I continue to address your ideas, show us proof of this, particularly in regards to Isaiah 2:2-4.

"..I saw that the Word of God, as a whole, is a perfect chain, one portion linking into and explaining another. True seekers for truth need not err; for not only is the Word of God plain and simple in declaring the way of life, but the Holy Spirit is given as a guide in understanding the way to life therein revealed." EW 220, 221 (1SG 116, 117).

"Then I saw that God knew that Satan would try every art to destroy man; therefore He had caused His word to be written out, and had made His purposes in regard to the human race so plain that the weakest need not err." (EW p.218)

Important point--She often used the KJV and it had quotations and commas and not once did she ever call out this supposed "error" or "addition" you are now calling out.

You are saying KJV is in error--a serious charge. For if we cannot trust who said what as shown by Scripture (including quotations and commas), what can we trust?

I am reminded of us as SDA, when we often say that Jesus said, "I tell you today, you will be with me in paradise" to Sunday keepers. They like to say Scripture says -- "I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 01/11/15 12:31 AM.
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171259
01/11/15 02:16 AM
01/11/15 02:16 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

It's a well known fact that Punctuation was added by translators to the Bible a couple thousand or more years after the Prophets wrote it.

Indeed, the text of the thief on the cross is a good example -- comma placement can make a big difference.

The KJV was translated by men who did their best to do an accurate job -- but their punctuation was still their work, not that of the prophet.

Checking Isaiah 2
My Geneva Bible has no quotations at all for those verses.
Every KJV Bible I checked (and I checked four different ones) has no quotations at all for those verses.

It's only as I look in more modern translations that I see any quotation marks -- and they were definitely added by men, not by any prophet, and reflect the popular concept that pervades the world today.

SRod are NOT alone in promoting an earthly "godly" kingdom in old Jerusalem that will bring present day nations to their knees. It is a very popular doctrine.

Adventists stand pretty much alone in their view of end time events.

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: dedication] #171270
01/12/15 05:16 AM
01/12/15 05:16 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
I am now looking at the very Bible (NKJV) that is in our pews today, and as been for many years. it has the following words-

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

And many people shall go and say, "Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths"(end of quotation), --for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more"
(Isaiah 2:2-4)

You ignored this point--

"Important point--She(EGW) often used the KJV and it had quotations and commas and not once did she ever call out this supposed "error" or "addition" you are now calling out."

Shall we trust Dedication or SOP?

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 01/12/15 06:12 AM.
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171298
01/13/15 06:45 AM
01/13/15 06:45 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The NKJV is not the KJV.

Yes, the publishers of the NKJV added quotation marks.

But quotation marks are not in the KJV, which EGW used.

The NKJV wasn't even in existence in EGW's day.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/21/24 04:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!