HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,617
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Kevin H, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,329 guests, and 23 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Re: What does it mean to "fear"? [Re: dedication] #171973
02/21/15 05:20 AM
02/21/15 05:20 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- There are two roads open for everyone.

1) Come to Christ NOW and receive His gift of salvation, freedom from sin, accept His cleansing and His peace, and promise of eternal life. And at His coming joyfully rise to meet Him and exclaiming, This is my God! My Friend, my Savior.

OR

2) Find yourself standing before the throne of Christ in all His glory, and with agonizing clearance see what Christ did to save you, but you rejected the gift of life, spurned it and now as you look at your mortal body (still with the traces that cased your first death) you realize all is lost. Everyone around you is getting very violent, maybe even blaming you for their lost condition -- but the terrible scene ends quickly as fire hot enough to melt stones puts a quick end to it all.

I am truly amazed and astonished how short sighted these reasons are! This can only show that Christ is not working here.

First of all there is much much more than "her" two ways. Let us look at what is required of us to know Christ and have life.

To begin let's look at Inspiration, not private interpretations.

There are three ways in which the Lord reveals His will to us, to guide us, and to fit us to guide others. How may we know His voice from that of a stranger? How shall we distinguish it from the voice of a false shepherd?

God reveals His will to us in His word, the Holy Scriptures. His voice is also revealed in His providential workings; and it will be recognized if we do not separate our souls from Him by walking in our own ways, doing according to our own wills, and following the promptings of an unsanctified heart, until the senses have become so confused that eternal things are not discerned, and the voice of Satan is so disguised that it is accepted as the voice of God." (Testimonies, vol. 5, p.512)

We do indeed come before Christ and accept His "gift" of salvation. But it is only the beginning. Once acceptance is shown, a REFORMED life MUST take place. SOP explains--

"Not one of us will ever receive the seal of God while our characters have one spot or stain upon them.It is left with us to remedy the defects in our characters, to cleanse the soul temple of every defilement.Then the latter rain will fall upon us as the early rain fell upon the disciples on the Day of Pentecost." (Testimonies, vol. 5, p.214)

Now did we catch that? I mean really understand here? It shows that one habitual sin ( a spot or stain) unless it is "overcome" (Rev.21:7) will keep us out of heaven!

So it's not about cheap grace, it's about faith AND works. For one without the other is DEAD!(James 2:17)

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries." (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 02/21/15 05:25 AM.
Re: What does it mean to "fear"? [Re: dedication] #171976
02/21/15 05:33 PM
02/21/15 05:33 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw
To begin let's look at Inspiration, not private interpretations.

This is like an atheist posting on a Christian forum - Let's look at the scientific facts, not the Bible. This a SDA forum. The first six rules are:

1 - You must either be a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church or a friend of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to become a member of Maritime SDA OnLine.

2 - You must be a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to have access to some of the private forums. Exceptions may be granted under special circumstances.

3 - You must have an active email address to become and remain a member of Maritime SDA OnLine.

4 - No email address can be posted without permission of addressee, except for emails already published on the Internet.

5 - You must either believe in or respect the 28 fundamental beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church

6 - You must also either believe in or respect one of those 28 fundamental beliefs regarding Ellen G White as a messenger of God for both her time and our time.

Re: What does it mean to "fear"? [Re: JAK] #171977
02/21/15 05:38 PM
02/21/15 05:38 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: JAK
M: Job, I mean APL, you cannot adequately defend your beliefs so you resort to name calling. How crude.

J: Geez, MM, this is the second time in a week you've been called something.

Yeah, there are three or four people here, besides you, who stoop to name calling and character assassination. It doesn't make sense to me. Why bother? It serves no purpose. The Moderators here are more tolerant and lenient than I prefer . . . but hey, to each his own, right!

Re: What does it mean to "fear"? [Re: Mountain Man] #171980
02/21/15 06:17 PM
02/21/15 06:17 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Well, as J.R. said - "I do find it advantageous from time to time."

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: What does it mean to "fear"? [Re: APL] #171981
02/21/15 06:24 PM
02/21/15 06:24 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: APL
M: A fire blazed out from the holy of holies and consumed them. {Te 280.1} APL, did this fire come from Satan?

A: Very interesting fire was it not Eliphaz, I mean MM? Their cloths were intact. Amazing fire indeed!

I assume you believe the "amazing fire" came from God in the Most Holy Place. I doubt you believe it came from Satan in the Most Holy Place. Although I also doubt you will ever confirm your belief one way or the other.

So, if my assumption about your belief is true - You believe "amazing fire" came from God in the Most Holy Place and somehow caused the deaths of Nadab and Abihu. However, I suspect you believe the "amazing fire" somehow allowed sin to cause their deaths.

Naturally, then, it makes me wonder - What do you believe about fire and the cause of death in the following stories:

Quote:
Genesis
19:24 Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;
19:25 And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.
19:26 But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt. (By the way, what caused her to become a pillar of salt?)

Luke
17:29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed [them] all.

Leviticus
9:24 And there came a fire out from before the LORD, and consumed upon the altar the burnt offering and the fat: [which] when all the people saw, they shouted, and fell on their faces.

Numbers
11:1 And [when] the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard [it]; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed [them that were] in the uttermost parts of the camp.
11:2 And the people cried unto Moses; and when Moses prayed unto the LORD, the fire was quenched.
11:3 And he called the name of the place Taberah: because the fire of the LORD burnt among them.

Numbers
16:33 They, and all that [appertained] to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation. (By the way, what caused the ground to open up and crush them alive?)
16:34 And all Israel that [were] round about them fled at the cry of them: for they said, Lest the earth swallow us up [also].
16:35 And there came out a fire from the LORD, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense.

1 Kings
18:38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that [was] in the trench.
18:39 And when all the people saw [it], they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he [is] the God; the LORD, he [is] the God.
18:40 And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there. (By the way, what caused the prophets of Baal to die?)

2 Kings
1:10 And Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, If I [be] a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.
1:11 Again also he sent unto him another captain of fifty with his fifty. And he answered and said unto him, O man of God, thus hath the king said, Come down quickly.
1:12 And Elijah answered and said unto them, If I [be] a man of God, let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And the fire of God came down from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.
1:13 And he sent again a captain of the third fifty with his fifty. And the third captain of fifty went up, and came and fell on his knees before Elijah, and besought him, and said unto him, O man of God, I pray thee, let my life, and the life of these fifty thy servants, be precious in thy sight.
1:14 Behold, there came fire down from heaven, and burnt up the two captains of the former fifties with their fifties: therefore let my life now be precious in thy sight.

So, what do you believe about fire and the cause of death in the stories posted above? I am pretty certain you are not going to answer my question or attempt to explain the stories. Most likely you will post the Ministry of Healing quote that says - "Sickness, suffering, and death are work of an antagonistic power. Satan is the destroyer; God is the Restorer."

However, this quote does not explain the fire or the cause of death. You believe sin is what causes sinners to suffer and die. But that doesn't explain the fire or what part it played (if any) in the deaths quoted above. It would be nice if you explained what you believe about the fire and the cause of death.

Re: What does it mean to "fear"? [Re: JAK] #171982
02/21/15 06:47 PM
02/21/15 06:47 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: JAK
Well, as J.R. said - "I do find it advantageous from time to time."

Not all that mocks rocks! "Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee." It's hard to be patient when mocked by . . . (mules).

Re: What does it mean to "fear"? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171983
02/21/15 10:03 PM
02/21/15 10:03 PM
dedication  Online Content OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
There are two roads open for everyone -- only two roads,

1) Come to Christ, for forgiveness, cleansing, and freedom from sin, and enjoy life eternal with Him.

OR

2) Choose to depend on self and do things one's own way spurning Christ's gift of salvation and what He did to save you, and find one's self outside the city of God at the final destruction of sin.

Everything else falls into those to two options.

Class #2 option has many little side roads for the "do it myself" deceptions;
whether that side road is thinking one can perfect or reform themselves, or whether that side road thinks they can continue to actively live outside God's will and still think they are "in Christ". Or whether they don't want anything to do with God -- it's all the same wide road --
Broad is the way that leads to destruction.

Road #1
But narrow is the way that leads to life and few there are that find it. -- That's because there is only one door -- Christ is that door and Christ is the way, Christ is everything on that narrow path, and self is surrender to Him. It is only because of His death and resurrection that we can be justified, it is only as we surrender to His will and walk with Him daily, hourly that we are changed to reflect His character traits. It is ONLY in Christ that there is salvation.

Re: What does it mean to "fear"? [Re: Mountain Man] #171984
02/21/15 10:54 PM
02/21/15 10:54 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
So sorry my friend MM for your surface reading and comments. I realize I may have hurt your feelings, which if I did--my apologizes.

If you'll attentively notice I was responding to DED's post , of which no Scripture was used, only private interpretations.

So your words "This is like an atheist posting on a Christian forum - Let's look at the scientific facts, not the Bible." have zero semblance of truth. Be careful my friend as we are strictly told in Isaiah to be truthful and no part of deception should come into our lips (or in this case--typing our words)

"For He said, "Surely they are My people, children who will not lie. So He became their Savior." (Isaiah 63:8)

Lastly, do you agree that these BIBLICAL/SOP quotes have much to do with our salvation?

There are three ways in which the Lord reveals His will to us, to guide us, and to fit us to guide others. How may we know His voice from that of a stranger? How shall we distinguish it from the voice of a false shepherd?

God reveals His will to us in His word, the Holy Scriptures. His voice is also revealed in His providential workings; and it will be recognized if we do not separate our souls from Him by walking in our own ways, doing according to our own wills, and following the promptings of an unsanctified heart, until the senses have become so confused that eternal things are not discerned, and the voice of Satan is so disguised that it is accepted as the voice of God." (Testimonies, vol. 5, p.512)

"Not one of us will ever receive the seal of God while our characters have one spot or stain upon them.It is left with us to remedy the defects in our characters, to cleanse the soul temple of every defilement.Then the latter rain will fall upon us as the early rain fell upon the disciples on the Day of Pentecost." (Testimonies, vol. 5, p.214)

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries." (Hebrews 10:26-27)

"The work of Christ's servants is not merely to preach the truth; they are to watch for souls..They are to reprove, rebuke, exhort with long-suffering and doctrine." (5 T, p.237)

"Unfaithful watchmen hindered the progress of the work of God. As the people were roused, and began to inquire the way of salvation, these leaders stepped in between them and truth, seeking to quiet their fears.." (4 SP, p.2226)

"Those who rise up against warning and reproof, and seek by their jests, their smart speeches, or their deceptions, to make of no effect the plain words of reproof prompted by the Spirit of God, will find, in the great day of final reckoning, an account against them which they will not wish to meet." ( ST, 10-4-1883)

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 02/21/15 11:23 PM.
Re: What does it mean to "fear"? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171987
02/22/15 01:14 AM
02/22/15 01:14 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
If you'll attentively notice I was responding to DED's post , of which no Scripture was used, only private interpretations.

Oops! My bad. I misread it.

Re: What does it mean to "fear"? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171989
02/22/15 03:01 AM
02/22/15 03:01 AM
dedication  Online Content OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

There was scripture, just not referenced.
There are ONLY two paths -- ONLY TWO classes and that is scriptural.

There are NOT three or four or more.
As we see below:
Quote:
Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.
7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Acts 4:10-12 By the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by him does this man stand here before you whole. ....Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

But is GLL saying there are other classes and other ways? Is he saying there are more ways to eternal life?
Not just:
1. come to Christ and His saving power or
2. walk down on the road that leads to destruction?

What then is GLL's third option???? -- Is it to perfect yourselves in our own strength and thus get to enjoy a supposedly earthly "peaceful" kingdom over there in Palestine with a human "antitypical David" as king and have all nations flowing to you for salvation --
all prior to the actual second coming of Christ?

My option #1 (which is Biblical) includes Christ's cleansing, transforming power, walking with Him in the paths of righteousness, and preparing us to welcome Christ at His second coming and go live in the NEW JERUSALEM -- the heavenly city with Christ forever.

GLL tries to make a case that I'm teaching sin doesn't need to be put away -- which is a false accusation on his part.

Those who don't come to Christ for forgiveness and cleansing, and don't, through the promptings and power of Holy Spirit, forsake sin, will be in group #2 not in group #1.

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 07:26 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!