HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,252 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Irrefutible evidence for all TEN Commandments remaining #172027
02/23/15 11:16 PM
02/23/15 11:16 PM
B
Bobryan  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2015
Georgia, USA

Some times it is easy for some Christians groups affirm the TEN Commandments in general without realizing that the 4th commandment is one of them. But not so with D.L. Moody.

====================================

one pro-sunday scholar puts it this way when it comes to the 4th commandment.

D.L. Moody notices that some are opposed to the Sabbath Commandment - but notice how this sermon on the TEN Commandments also fits the summary of 7 points listed here on page 1??

BY THE
DWIGHT L. MOODY
The Ten Commandments:
Exodus 20:2-17
The Fourth Commandment
Remember the Sabbath Day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: for in six days the LORD made heaven and Earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath Day, and hallowed it.

THERE HAS BEEN an awful letting-down in this country regarding the Sabbath during the last twenty-five years, and many a man has been shorn of spiritual power, like Samson, because he is not straight on this question. Can you say that you observe the Sabbath properly? You may be a professed Christian: are you obeying this commandment? Or do you neglect the house of God on the Sabbath day, and spend your time drinking and carousing in places of vice and crime, showing contempt for God and His law? Are you ready to step into the scales? Where were you last Sabbath? How did you spend it?

I honestly believe that this commandment is just as binding today as it ever was. I have talked with men who have said that it has been abrogated, but they have never been able to point to any place in the Bible where God repealed it. When Christ was on earth, He did nothing to set it aside; He freed it from the traces under which the scribes and Pharisees had put it, and gave it its true place.
"The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." (Mark 2:27)
It is just as practicable and as necessary for men today as it ever was- in fact, more than ever, because we live in such an intense age.

The Sabbath was binding in Eden, and it has been in force ever since. The fourth commandment begins with the word remember, showing that the Sabbath already existed when God wrote this law on the tables of stone at Sinai. How can men claim that this one commandment has been done away with when they will admit that the other nine are still binding?

I believe that the Sabbath question today is a vital one for the whole country. It is the burning question of the present time. If you give up the Sabbath the church goes;

====================================================

Thoughts?

Re: Irrefutible evidence for all TEN Commandments remaining [Re: Bobryan] #172028
02/23/15 11:26 PM
02/23/15 11:26 PM
B
Bobryan  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2015
Georgia, USA
New Covenant “With the house of Israel” – and so for ALL the saints. Just as command not to worship false gods in Ex 20 – given to Israel freed slaves from Egypt – and also for all mankind.

Jer 31:
31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Heb 8
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Ex 20
And God spake all these words, saying,
2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Re: Irrefutible evidence for all TEN Commandments remaining [Re: Bobryan] #172029
02/24/15 12:12 AM
02/24/15 12:12 AM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
So...Just what is the statement under discussion?

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Irrefutible evidence for all TEN Commandments remaining [Re: Bobryan] #172030
02/24/15 01:14 AM
02/24/15 01:14 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Yes, all ten commandments remain. Not one has been changed or eliminated. The transition from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant did not abolish the ten commandments. Instead, it explains how to live in harmony with them.

Re: Irrefutible evidence for all TEN Commandments remaining [Re: Mountain Man] #172041
02/24/15 01:38 PM
02/24/15 01:38 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Yes, all ten commandments remain. Not one has been changed or eliminated. The transition from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant did not abolish the ten commandments. Instead, it explains how to live in harmony with them.
Curious comment, given our discussion regarding Old Covenant/New Covenant.

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Irrefutible evidence for all TEN Commandments remaining [Re: Bobryan] #172042
02/24/15 03:06 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Did I say something different about the covenant's?

Re: Irrefutible evidence for all TEN Commandments remaining [Re: Bobryan] #172043
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I'm waiting for the irrefutable evidence.

Re: Irrefutible evidence for all TEN Commandments remaining [Re: Bobryan] #172045
02/24/15 03:32 PM
02/24/15 03:32 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The ten commandments outline sin.

Romans 7:7 I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Romans 3:3 by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Jesus magnified the law, He did not abolish it.

Isaiah 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Humans tend to diminish God's law, but Jesus magnified it.
We see this in Matt. 5.
Thou shalt not kill; isn't JUST the actual act, Jesus magnifying glass shows that command includes the attitude in the heart -- hate is already transgressing that law.
Thou shalt not commit adultery, is shown to include the impure fantasies of the mind.

The new covenant does not do away with the law, it contains God's promises of forgiveness for sins confessed and repented of, and that the law will be engraved upon our hearts and minds that we will walk in God's will and His love will be in our hearts.

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Ez 11:20 and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
11:20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Hebrews 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

10:26 But if we continue in sin after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,
10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Christ did not do away with that which defines sin.
He came to bring salvation FROM sin.

Last edited by dedication; 02/24/15 03:37 PM.
Re: Irrefutible evidence for all TEN Commandments remaining [Re: Bobryan] #172047
02/24/15 03:59 PM
02/24/15 03:59 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Bobryan

I believe that the Sabbath question today is a vital one for the whole country. It is the burning question of the present time. If you give up the Sabbath the church goes;

====================================================

Thoughts?

Indeed, when the Seventh-day Adventist Church gives up the 7th day Sabbath, it has lost all it's reason for being. It has lost the three angel's message which is the last warning for the world.

Revelation 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: (sanctuary message) and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. (Sabbath message)

14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen (don't look to other churches as your example, they have rejected God's commandments)

14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God,

14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: (God's people) here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. (They walk with Christ and have His faith, and keep God's commandments)

Re: Irrefutible evidence for all TEN Commandments remaining [Re: Bobryan] #172048
02/24/15 04:35 PM
02/24/15 04:35 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Dwight Moody was a Sunday keeper. During the Puritan era, Sunday was called the Sabbath and given all the support the Bible gives to the 7th day.
Moody's sermons on the commandments are good. I don't know what his exposure to the Sabbath truth was or how he responded to that.

When the Seventh-day Adventist church became a voice in the Christian world, the challenge as to God's true Sabbath became very pronounced. While this was already evident in earlier years (there were Seventh-day Baptists) yet Adventist were unique in seeing the Sabbath message (God's Sabbath) in the three angels' message which gave it an importance not seen before.

Rather than accepting God's true Sabbath the churches have resorted to doing away with God's law -- yet they don't really believe this themselves,(as we see in their desire to post those commandments in public places, and have "commandment day" etc. ) but since those commandments include Saturday as the Sabbath, they will have the whole nailed to the cross, as their excuse to transgress the fourth.

The time is coming, however, and is now already being pushed, when the Sabbath commandment will be invoked to enforce Sunday as "vital for the whole country".
If you have read Pope John Paul II's Sunday encyclical you will know he has dressed up Sunday in all the Biblical Sabbath clothes.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!