HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Kevin H), 3,380 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17317
01/24/05 08:44 PM
01/24/05 08:44 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Tom W. asked, "Is it possible that he simply stood by mesmorized by a talking serpent and said nothing?"

Adam was mesmorized and Eve wasn't? Isn't that far fetched speculation?

If Adam were there and sensed that his wife was in any kind of danger or deception by something that they never experienced before, and at the TOKOG&E at that, which God uttered a very clear warning against eating any of that fruit (See Genesis 2:16,17 below), and he saw that the serpent's conversation was geared towards trying to get Eve to eat some of it (See Genesis 3:1-5 below), would he be mesmorized into stunned silence over it, or would he sound out a warning to his wife and then flee with her from that forbidden tree?

Genesis 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Let's ask that same question a different way:

If you were there and sensed that your wife was in any kind of danger or deception by something that you never experienced before, and at the TOKOG&E at that, which God uttered a very clear warning against eating any of that fruit (See Genesis 2:16,17 below), and you saw that the serpent's conversation was geared towards trying to get your wife to eat some of it, would you be mesmorized into stunned silence over it, or would you sound out a warning to your wife and then flee with her from that forbidden tree?

Reply Quote
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17318
01/24/05 11:40 PM
01/24/05 11:40 PM
M
myarsman  Offline
North Carolina
Mike,

Thanks for reminding me that this is an SDA forum and that all points presented will be biased towards the perspective presented in the SOP.

Now answer me this......

Lets suppose that I have never heard of the SOP and that I have just read the account of the "Fall of Man" in Genesis for the first time.

After reading these passages I come to the following conclusions.....

1. Eve was tempted by the serpent to eat the Fruit of the ToKoG&E, but she was "not" present at the tree when she was tempted.

2. One day when she and Adam are together and are standing at the ToKoG&E, she takes some of the fruit and eats it and then gives some of the fruit to Adam, who also eats it.

Would these conclusions be a contradiction/conflict from what is presented in the Bible?

If these conclusions are not a contradiction of what is presented in the Bible, then why would I wish to accept an alternative explanation of these events which can not be cooborated by Scripture?

Bob D

Reply Quote
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17319
01/24/05 11:48 PM
01/24/05 11:48 PM
M
myarsman  Offline
North Carolina
Daryl,

I think that Tom adequately responded to your reply to my post.

I can only add one thing and that is
Genesis 3:6 clearly states that Adam was with Eve when she ate of the fruit from the ToKoG&E.

I would be very hesitant to present/support an alternative explanation to this passage. I take the warning given in Revelation 22:18,19 very seriously. I believe that this warning can be applied to all Scripture.

Bob D

Reply Quote
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17320
01/25/05 01:35 AM
01/25/05 01:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Lowe:
Bob, this is a Seventh-day Adventist forum. Does it really surprise you that we believe the SOP is an authoritative source of inspiration?

That being said, Mike, there remains a large number of dedicated, sincere, believing Adventists who accept Scripture as their sole source of inspired writ. Reading between the lines that says they do not accept EGW as inspired.

Reply Quote
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17321
01/25/05 02:42 AM
01/25/05 02:42 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I draw everybody's attention to Fundamental Belief #17 of the Seventh-day Adventist Church:

quote:

17. The Gift of Prophecy:

One of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and was manifested in the ministry of Ellen. G. White . As the Lord's messenger, her writings are a continuing and authoritative source of truth which provide for the church comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction. They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested. (Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:14-21; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 12:17; 19:10.)

[Caution] Our forum rules expects everyone here to respect this and any other fundamental belief of the SDA Church. [Caution]

Reply Quote
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17322
01/25/05 03:05 AM
01/25/05 03:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

We know what it says, Daryl, we just don't agree. And Disagreeing is not necessarily being disrespectful. I completely respect your right to your belief system, whatever it is.

With all due respect, this is another topic (which I would love to explore) and we should really abandon this diversion or repost it elsewhere.

Reply Quote
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17323
01/25/05 03:08 AM
01/25/05 03:08 AM
M
myarsman  Offline
North Carolina
Daryl,

I point your attention to the last sentence of Fundamental Belief #7....

" ........They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested."

Can you with all honesty state that the SOP is in total agreement with the depiction of the Fall of Man as it is presented in Genesis 3?

i.e. The Biblical account states that Adam was with Eve when she ate the fruit.....The SOP states that Eve was alone.

Bob D

Reply Quote
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17324
01/25/05 03:21 AM
01/25/05 03:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

We should stick to the topic...

Reply Quote
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17325
01/25/05 03:45 AM
01/25/05 03:45 AM
M
myarsman  Offline
North Carolina
Cedric,

This is totally in harmony with the topic of discussion. Daryl has introduced this topic concerning the phrase "who was with her" in Genesis 3:6. I do not know what his intentions were in doing this because there are two clearly defined lines that are evident within this discussion....Those who accept the SOP perspective and those who take the Bible for what it has clearly stated.

Going on past experience, I do not see any participants in this discussion crossing the line to the other side.

Reply Quote
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17326
01/25/05 05:09 AM
01/25/05 05:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your call, Daryl.

Reply Quote
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!