HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,050 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Daryl] #173147
05/10/15 12:07 AM
05/10/15 12:07 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Elle
To me doing away with any portion of the law makes no sense and goes contrary to what many other scriptures says. For an example Ezekiel 44 & 45 talks about sacrifices and offerings that will be done in the functions of the Zadok priesthood which is FUTUR. It also mentions about the feasts as being kept in the FUTUR.
So you believe the temple will be restored and sacrifices will be resumed in the future and that this is GOD'S will and plan to take place?

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: kland] #173152
05/10/15 01:19 AM
05/10/15 01:19 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
kland posted; "Especially taken together with the other thread about sunset and evening. Am I wrong here?"

What other thread?

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: kland] #173153
05/10/15 01:25 AM
05/10/15 01:25 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: Alchemy

For sure a big YES we are bound to keep these spiritually which includes all their related sacrifices. I don't believe any of God's laws were nail to the cross. What was nail to the cross was the extra Jewish laws and all the precepts of man.
What about circumcision? Was that an extra Jewish law or God's law? What about sacrifices?

Why did putting the book of the law in the side of the ark mean?
De 31:26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

Does "against thee" here relate to
Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

That was originally posted by Elle I believe.

But anyway, my point about the spiritual nature is in the lessons the feast days teach. It's in the lessons the sacrifices and earthly sanctuary teach. Ellen White uses the term "Hebrew economy", we need to learn these lessons to understand what is genuinely happening in Heaven and to live accordingly.

And this is the point to me! These feasts that are to happen in the future are much like the Day of Atonement today! Those in the past were types, these now and in the future are anti-types, or authentic. God will keep these and some we will be present to witness and experience in the future after Christ's Second Coming.

Last edited by Alchemy; 05/10/15 01:27 AM.
Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: dedication] #173154
05/10/15 01:30 AM
05/10/15 01:30 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
To me doing away with any portion of the law makes no sense and goes contrary to what many other scriptures says. For an example Ezekiel 44 & 45 talks about sacrifices and offerings that will be done in the functions of the Zadok priesthood which is FUTUR. It also mentions about the feasts as being kept in the FUTUR.
So you believe the temple will be restored and sacrifices will be resumed in the future and that this is GOD'S will and plan to take place?

Nope! This is believing in the literal fulfillment(or keeping) of the type and shadows. I said I believe in the spiritual fulfillment of the type and shadows of the laws. Our body is the Lord's temple and the application of the feasts and the sacrifices needs to be fulfilled in us.

It was never about circumcision of the flesh, it was never about the killing of lambs and bulls, it was never about cleansing a physical establishment made out of stones. These things always pointed to the plan of salvation performed in our body temple from DAY 1.

Blessings
Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Elle] #173155
05/10/15 01:47 AM
05/10/15 01:47 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Blessings Elle, (no pun intended) I'm not sure I understand what you mean by these feasts being fulfilled spiritually in us? I believe we will be there for those after the Second Coming?

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Alchemy] #173160
05/10/15 12:13 PM
05/10/15 12:13 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Blessings Elle, (no pun intended) I'm not sure I understand what you mean by these feasts being fulfilled spiritually in us?

We can use Pentecost as an example. List me the type and shadow of the Law about it with whatever you understand from it.

I believe we will be there for those after the Second Coming?

??? Could you elaborate? In what way? Do you means before you go to heaven or after the millennium?

BTW I don't believe those from the 1st resurrection will go to heaven to live there. There's another discussion about this and there's no need to get into this here too heavily. But since Eze 44 & 45 pertain to this discutssion, it says they(priests of Zadok) will have the uncorruptible and immortal garment(symbol=linen) to minister to the Lord, but they will have another garment to minister to the people also. Basically they will have 2 sets of garments (one to minister to God and the other to minister to the people). Just like Jesus after His resurrection was able to be seen by men and eat as men while dissappear at will and going to heaven at will by putting on his linen garment.

Eze 44-46 is clear that the unfaithful Priests(not having access to linen garment), the people, and the Princes will still be around during the Millennium doing sacrifices during the feasts. Of course these(sacrifices & feasts) are symbolic and from the writings of Paul we know that it is the spritual form we are to keep.

Blessings
Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Elle] #173256
05/13/15 05:12 PM
05/13/15 05:12 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Well I'm not in the Judaiser "feast keeping" movement camp. They are still stuck in the OT view of keeping type and shadows. However, they have nailed to the cross the sacrificial laws as the other SDAs and Christians have done. I don't believe that any laws are nailed to the cross. The literal form of the sacrifices of killing animals have changed to its spiritual meaning and application in our lives as we progress in the path of the plan of salvation. All the instructions and requirements of these sacrifices still remain to be spiritually fulfilled in our body temple. It is still far from these to be fulfilled yet.

I do not advocate keeping the feasts types and shadows, unless you are doing it to get familiar with the law and to try to figure out what are the correspondant spiritual application. Then in that case, keeping the feast is a good exercise to learn. It is also good to keep some aspects of the literal feasts to teach our children as long as the spiritual meanings is the main emphasis and teaching.
I get confused what you believe. Sometimes it seems you are advocating keeping feasts. Then other times, you say spiritually. ?

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Alchemy] #173257
05/13/15 05:19 PM
05/13/15 05:19 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
kland posted; "Especially taken together with the other thread about sunset and evening. Am I wrong here?"

What other thread?
The one titled, "When or What constitutes evening? "

But anyway, my point about the spiritual nature is in the lessons the feast days teach. It's in the lessons the sacrifices and earthly sanctuary teach. Ellen White uses the term "Hebrew economy", we need to learn these lessons to understand what is genuinely happening in Heaven and to live accordingly.

And this is the point to me! These feasts that are to happen in the future are much like the Day of Atonement today! Those in the past were types, these now and in the future are anti-types, or authentic. God will keep these and some we will be present to witness and experience in the future after Christ's Second Coming.
How does one keep an anti-type "spiritually", what would that mean? Do you believe there will be sacrifices in the future, will they be literal or spiritual, if spiritual, what would that entail?

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: kland] #173395
05/17/15 02:44 AM
05/17/15 02:44 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Well I'm not in the Judaiser "feast keeping" movement camp. They are still stuck in the OT view of keeping type and shadows. However, they have nailed to the cross the sacrificial laws as the other SDAs and Christians have done....

I do not advocate keeping the feasts types and shadows....

I get confused what you believe. Sometimes it seems you are advocating keeping feasts. Then other times, you say spiritually. ?

Yes I know. We’ve been to these crossroads before in the past couple of years.

I think this is because you still read the OT and the law LITERALLY and do not still see them as prophetic & spiritual types and shadows. I know this for myself as I struggle for many years despite I knew intellectually that this was how to read these, but yet I would mainly see the LETTER. We make a few obvious spiritual connection like the lamb represents Jesus and circumcision is of the heart and not the flesh and etc…; but beyond these, most Christians, SDAs and feasts keepers still only see the LETTER and still read & keep literally the types and shadows of their choosings. It’s not possible for the “natural man ” to understand spiritual things (1Co 2:14). We need the help of the teachings of the Spirit (1Jn 2:27) to go beyond the Passover of faith.

In the attempt to try to explain this one more time in another way, let us take the problem with the Woman ordination debates. Those against it use literally the type & shadow that were meant to be read symbolically. While others will use the other texts that show that woman can take these roles. While both sides uses scripture for their position, both want to wave off or ignore the other sides texts. The problem is neither side are right because both sides doesn't understand the meanings of the MALE and FEMALE symbolism employed in the Pentateuch and elsewhere in scriptures. Even the NT employs the symbolism language found in the OT by only talking about “SONS of God” and not one text express it as “daughters of God”.

There’s a symbolic reason why the type and shadow illustrate the MALE gender as “closer to God” and occupying ministering functions versus the FEMALE not. Basically the genders symbolically reflect position in terms of maturity in our ability to minister to another. This is symbolically shown in terms of reproduction function. The MALE gender can pass the “seed” while the FEMALE gender never can. The passing on the “seed” symbolically represents passing on the “Spirit” so we can begat “children of God”. A FEMALE symbolically represents a “soulish” person (who is an unbeliever or new convert) that can only receive the “seed”(Spirit). So all new converts (either male or female) starts symbolically as being as a FEMALE.

Once the believer (either male or female) becomes mature, only then they become spiritually MALE (symbolically) and can starts performing their Levirate’s duty of producing children for their eldest brother, Christ, who died childless. This is an example how the literal type and shadows of the Levirate law is being fulfilled in the spiritual realm in the Church today. Those who believe the Levirate duty is nail to the cross, has missed the whole point (intend) the Lord was trying to teach us via the Law.

This same principles applies to all Laws including the Feasts, sacrifices and all the Sabbaths.

Feasts represents spiritual maturity journey that start at Passover and finishes at Tabernacle. Passover is the spiritual birth when we get baptized thru water like it is with the physical birth as we come out from the water.

Pentecost is another spiritual birth but this time it is the baptism of fire where we learn to hear God's voice and obey it. It is the time the Holy Spirit teaches us the Lord’s laws and writes it on our heart tablet. This is what we call the sanctification process that readies us to enter the promise land.

the final spiritual journey is our walk thru the fall feasts that ends by living inside the Lord’s living house(represents garment of immortality). This was symbolized by building a tent(sukka) made with living branches that they “tabernacle” in those in celebration.

Blessings
Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Elle] #173404
05/17/15 10:47 AM
05/17/15 10:47 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: elle
Pentecost is another spiritual birth but this time it is the baptism of fire where we learn to hear God's voice and obey it.

Ooops, mistake -- the usage of the word "birth" above is incorrect. It should read: "Pentecost is another spiritual baptism ...

In the NT, it teaches of two baptism : water and fire. The first is the baptism of water by which is symbolized by the Passover. The second is the baptism of fire that is symbolized by Pentecost.

Let's elaborate on the spiritual birth that happens at Passover to again try to show the difference between keeping the type and Shadow of the Feasts versus keeping the spiritual realm between "our ears". I would like to add some thoughts in brown to my description below
Originally Posted By: elle
Passover is the spiritual birth when we get baptized thru water like it is with the physical birth as we come out from the water of the womb of our mother. .

I said about Passover in page 3 the following :
Originally Posted By: elle post #172974
"The month of Abib[Passover] was a memorial set for the birth of God’s firstborn coming out of Egypt. (Ex 13:3,9; Deut 16:1; Ex 4:22) All needed to be circumcised to keep the Passover when they got out. As a new born nation, they got baptized in the red sea(1Cor 10:1,2). It was a new beginning for the nation --a new corporate spiritual birth experience. The Passover set the pattern of the beginning of the path of the new spiritual life.

The Literal Type of Passover happened corporatly with the nation of Israel. However the spiritual anti-type is being fulfill in any new converts that
......1)comes out of their "Egyptian mother"[bondage of sin],
......2)that applies the blood of Jesus on the two sides posts(our ears) and the lintels(our forehead) of their house[body temple],
......3)"our heart" gets circumcized, and
......4)we become baptized by water [=repentance or turning from our own ways by submitting to the Lord's will].
......5)there's other symbolism, but I think the above is enough for our purposes.

So anyone that says the Feast of Passover is nail to the cross, has missed the whole point. Nor yet do understand or see the intend of what the law teaches via the types and shadow. The same can be said of the feasts keepers that preaches that we must keep the types and shadows of the feasts at the specific "appointed time" arguing amongst themselves which calendar to go by, or day to start, and etc... They have equally missed the point the Lord is trying to teach us.

Every day Passover is being spiritually fulfilled on a INDIVIDUAL level whenever someone comes out of "Mama Egypt". The nation's of Israel's mother was Egypt. Egypt symbolizes the bondage of sin where we were kept captive until the Lord came to free us.

Passover is not nail to the cross and it is fulfilled in someone every day and will continue to be fulfilled again and again during and after the millenium. [Note : there is a SECOND PASSOVER (Num 9:6-14) also, which points to another spiritual & prophetic fulfillment.]

Nor are any other feasts nailed to the cross, or any of the other Sabbaths, or even any of the sacrificial services. The form of applying these "has changed", but not the law. The law was always a symbolic expression (a lauguage) of the Lord's mind that teaches us the prophetic and spiritual pattern of the plan of salvation that is being fulfilled in all of us.

I hope this helps to clarify things a little.

Blessings
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!