HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,632
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, Kevin H), 3,289 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17397
03/16/06 02:53 PM
03/16/06 02:53 PM
Davros  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ohio
I still would like an answer to this question.

quote:
If it was a non verbal communication, why take the physical form of a snake? What would be the point to shuch a thing?

You see, the devil has never tempted me verbaly, but I have never physicaly seen him either.

Reply Quote
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17398
03/16/06 02:55 PM
03/16/06 02:55 PM
J
Jeff  Offline
Supporting Member 2007
Mississippi, USA
I meant to add that the audible thing seems like an unnecessary diversion.

Jeff

Reply Quote
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17399
03/17/06 04:20 AM
03/17/06 04:20 AM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
Jeff, the problem is that we are the ones who have tried to make the Bible a final authority, then we pretend that it is not what it really is; a Jewish history. It tells a story from the perspective of those who wrote it. Some of it is factually correct and some of it is not. This does not take away from its overall usefulness. It certainly is duplicitous to pretend that you take the Bible as it is. There are many parts of the Bible you discount as binding on you. One example is Jesus' story of the rich man and Lazarus. You don't take that as being reflective of reality. You find your way around it.

Reply Quote
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17400
03/16/06 05:07 PM
03/16/06 05:07 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Darius, your view of inspiration is nothing short of heresy and blasphemy. Please stop wasting our time and space on MSDAOL. Thank you.

Reply Quote
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17401
03/16/06 05:38 PM
03/16/06 05:38 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
MM, you don't know what inspiration is.

Reply Quote
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17402
03/16/06 05:43 PM
03/16/06 05:43 PM
Davros  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ohio
Paging Darius A. Lecointe!

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hoover:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hoover:
That's a rather silly thing to say in light of verses like this:

quote:
Most of all, you must understand this: No prophecy in the Scriptures ever comes from the prophet's own interpretation. No prophecy ever came from what a person wanted to say, but people led by the Holy Spirit spoke words from God.
2 Peter 1:20 - 21 NCV

So, if "The writers of the Bible were wrong on many things," and the scripture never comes from what the authors wanted to say or their own interpretation, that would mean the Holy Spirit led the authors in the wrong way.

I can see why one would be so against religion with an outlook like that. Most confusing.

I take it you have some extra "insperation" as to what insperation is?

I also take it you have no way of countering the questions I have posted. This conclusion has been reached by observing your normal practice of avoiding and word games

Reply Quote
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17403
03/16/06 05:56 PM
03/16/06 05:56 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
Dave, there are some discussions I don't have with my five year old. His level of sophistication demands it. Your questions are based on a total misinterpretation of the texts you posted so what is the use. I would have to correct those errors first. Given your mindset I see no value in it.

Reply Quote
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17404
03/16/06 06:02 PM
03/16/06 06:02 PM
Davros  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ohio
Or, in other words, I have no answers, so I will cop out! Sometimes plain language is more useful! You speak of sophistication and then try to belittle when asked serious questions. Obviously, sophistication is more of an issue for you than most. Seeing how you have never tried to correct the alleged errors that 99% of the users of this forum believe, one must conjecture that you have no real understanding and are just trying to avoid any serious questions. If any misrepresentation has taken place, one would probably conjecture that it takes place in your mind.

Reply Quote
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17405
03/16/06 06:04 PM
03/16/06 06:04 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
Be happy with what makes you happy, Dave. It will be no other way.

Reply Quote
Re: Was Adam Actually With Eve At The Forbidden Tree? #17406
03/16/06 06:08 PM
03/16/06 06:08 PM
J
Jeff  Offline
Supporting Member 2007
Mississippi, USA

Quote: posted by Darius
Jeff, the problem is that we are the ones who have tried to make the Bible a final authority, then we pretend that it is not what it really is; a Jewish history. It tells a story from the perspective of those who wrote it. Some of it is factually correct and some of it is not. This does not take away from its overall usefulness.

Darius, so then what is your final authority regarding religion? How then do you find any reason to believe anything in Judeo-Christian based teaching? If you want to believe in a god, you can always go pagan…or, why not just go with a generic Deist. If it’s just Jewish history written by Jews, then it’s not inspired, and not authoritative. Why even believe there was a Jesus at all? If the Bible was just written by people from their own perspective, the miracles and claims of Jesus may have only been their best explanation for their experience.

So if the Bible is just a historical document, albeit a “useful” one, then why do you bother arguing points from it? Why argue from a basis that no one else accepts? Shouldn’t you first try to convince that your basis is true, that the Bible is just Jewish history? Otherwise you waste people’s time with the pretense that both sides at least have the same source in common. In reality your source is not the Bible at all, but your own whim. If you’re right, then of course our source is nothing but a whim either, so we’re both arguing your whim against mine. What a colossal waste of time.

Quote: posted by Darius
It certainly is duplicitous to pretend that you take the Bible as it is. There are many parts of the Bible you discount as binding on you. One example is Jesus' story of the rich man and Lazarus. You don't take that as being reflective of reality. You find your way around it.

Since we’ve wasted so much time already though, what’s another few minutes, eh? [Wink] That I don’t take the parable of the rich man and Lazarus as laying down a doctrine that aims to define the nature of heaven, hell, life and death, does not mean that I don’t take it as binding for anything. The parable’s purpose is not to define life and death, heaven and hell, but in short to demonstrate wrong attitudes through a story that the locals would understand. So, there is no duplicity in the example you gave.

Since we’re talking about duplicity, how is it that the parts of the Bible that are “factual” are only factual when it makes a point that is convenient for you? If you get to pick and choose, why do you accuse others of picking and choosing?

Besides our mutual "duplicity", it seems we have something else in common. I've got a five year old as well.

Jeff
Reply Quote
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/15/24 09:27 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!