HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,628
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,396 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: Mountain Man] #176826
09/13/15 05:27 AM
09/13/15 05:27 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Chapter 39 in the GC contains many details and descriptions of things that happen before probation closes. I am inclined to believe some of those things begin to happen before probation closes and continue to happen afterward well into the outpouring of the plagues. Seems to me the plagues begin to fall soon after probation closes.

Quote:
Probation is ended a short time before the appearing of the Lord in the clouds of heaven. {LDE 230.2}

When Christ ceases His intercession in the sanctuary, the unmingled wrath threatened against those who worship the beast and his image and receive his mark (Revelation 14:9, 10), will be poured out. GC 627, 628 (1911). {LDE 244.1}

I saw that the four angels would hold the four winds until Jesus' work was done in the sanctuary, and then will come the seven last plagues. EW 36, 37 (1851). {LDE 245.1}

"The commencement of that time of trouble," here mentioned, does not refer to the time when the plagues shall begin to be poured out, but to a short period just before they are poured out, while Christ is in the sanctuary. At that time, while the work of salvation is closing, trouble will be coming on the earth, and the nations will be angry, yet held in check so as not to prevent the work of the third angel.--EW 85, 86 (1854). {LDE 143.2}

I saw that God has honest children among the nominal Adventists and the fallen churches, and before the plagues shall be poured out, ministers and people will be called out from these churches and will gladly receive the truth. Satan knows this; and before the loud cry of the third angel is given, he raises an excitement in these religious bodies, that those who have rejected the truth may think that God is with them.--EW 261 (1858). {LDE 158.1}

The world is soon to be left by the angel of mercy and the seven last plagues are to be poured out. . . . The bolts of God's wrath are soon to fall, and when He shall begin to punish the transgressors there will be no period of respite until the end.--TM 182 (1894). {LDE 238.2}

Certain passages seem to indicate a period of peace and silence will persist for a time immediately preceding and following the close of probation:

Quote:
The righteous and the wicked will still be living upon the earth in their mortal state--men will be planting and building, eating and drinking, all unconscious that the final, irrevocable decision has been pronounced in the sanctuary above.--GC 491 (1911). {LDE 231.1}

When the irrevocable decision of the sanctuary has been pronounced, and the destiny of the world has been forever fixed, the inhabitants of the earth will know it not. The forms of religion will be continued by a people from whom the Spirit of God has been finally withdrawn, and the satanic zeal with which the prince of evil will inspire them for the accomplishment of his malignant designs, will bear the semblance of zeal for God.--GC 615 (1911). {LDE 231.2}

The wheat and tares "grow together until the harvest." In the discharge of life's duties the righteous will to the last be brought in contact with the ungodly. The children of light are scattered among the children of darkness, that the contrast may be seen by all.--5T 100 (1882). {LDE 231.3}

Christ declared that when He comes some of His waiting people will be engaged in business transactions. Some will be sowing in the field, others reaping and gathering in the harvest, and others grinding at the mill.--Ms 26, 1901. {LDE 231.4}

I doubt Satan will first start personating the return of Christ during this short time. I am fairly certain it will begin before and continue through to the instant Jesus arrives.

Blessings MM,

It is important to not get confused between the little time of trouble and Jacob's time of trouble. These are completely different events.

Sister White calls the time of trouble in the chapter called "The Time of Trouble" in Great Controversy Jacob's time of trouble.

Last edited by Alchemy; 09/13/15 05:28 AM.
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #177856
11/08/15 07:54 AM
11/08/15 07:54 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
So not one person here agrees with the pioneers?

THE SEVEN HEADS OF REVELATION 12, 13, AND 17
BY
URIAH SMITH

In advocating the view that the seven heads of the dragon of Revelation 12... represent seven forms of government that have existed in the Roman Empire, the writer deems it necessary to remind the reader that he is not dealing in novelties. He is not introducing a new view to appeal to the curiosity of the reader, and to cater to the not always healthy excitement of pursuing a line of thought because it is strange. But the view which will be advocated in this paper is one which has characterized the Adventist movement from the beginning, through the first, second, and third messages, to the present time, and is only beginning within a few years to be called in question. Nor can the view be said to be peculiar to Adventists in its historical aspect, - a scheme devised by them to meet their peculiar views of prophecy, - for scholars declared before the Adventist movement began, that Rome had presented to the world, as a unique and marvelous feature of history, seven distinct forms of government. All that the Adventists did, was to say, as the most natural thing in the world, that if Rome did have seven forms of government, the seven heads of the dragon, which was a symbol of Rome, must be designed to represent that fact. The old Roman historians, Livy and Tacitus, acknowledged the different forms of government in Rome, to be so many “heads” of the Roman commonwealth... And one of the earliest Protestant commentators, Osiander, as early as 1511, names the whole seven as we have them; namely, Kings, Consuls, Decemvirs, Dictators, Triumvirs, Emperors, and Popes, as the forms of Roman government represented by the seven heads of the dragon of Revelation 12... Adventists, under the first message, at once adopted this view. {SHR 1.1}

***** STAFF EDIT *****

Pope Francis is the eighth Papal king since the healing of the head wound by Mussolini in 1929 giving the pope his title of KING back.

He is also "the beast that was and is not" because he is a Jesuit, the persecuting power of the Papacy.

AND he is from OUT OF the seven hills of Rome which is symbolic of the territory of the ancient Roman empire, because he is the first to be elected from OUT OF the mountains of Europe.

Now he will lead the world to perdition and you all stand around and argue who the seven heads are.

Pope Francis was with the protestant leaders when they said "the protest is over" and you all still argue?

Please read this blog..... ***** STAFF EDIT *****

http://allbeastslead2rome.blogspot.com/2015/10/blog-post.html

Last edited by Daryl; 11/10/15 12:40 AM. Reason: Removed inappropriate portions.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #177904
11/10/15 03:14 AM
11/10/15 03:14 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Did anyone catch that? Would anyone like to venture to guess how we got here from where Uriah Smith said the Reformers taught and believed and the Pioneers defended?

"the view which will be advocated in this paper is one which has characterized the Adventist movement from the beginning, through the first, second, and third messages, to the present time, and is only beginning within a few years to be called in question"

But you all know better than the pioneers?

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: jamesonofthunder] #177943
11/11/15 12:00 PM
11/11/15 12:00 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
So not one person here agrees with the pioneers?

THE SEVEN HEADS OF REVELATION 12, 13, AND 17
BY
URIAH SMITH

In advocating the view that the seven heads of the dragon of Revelation 12... represent seven forms of government that have existed in the Roman Empire, the writer deems it necessary to remind the reader that he is not dealing in novelties. He is not introducing a new view to appeal to the curiosity of the reader, and to cater to the not always healthy excitement of pursuing a line of thought because it is strange. But the view which will be advocated in this paper is one which has characterized the Adventist movement from the beginning, through the first, second, and third messages, to the present time, and is only beginning within a few years to be called in question. Nor can the view be said to be peculiar to Adventists in its historical aspect, - a scheme devised by them to meet their peculiar views of prophecy, - for scholars declared before the Adventist movement began, that Rome had presented to the world, as a unique and marvelous feature of history, seven distinct forms of government. All that the Adventists did, was to say, as the most natural thing in the world, that if Rome did have seven forms of government, the seven heads of the dragon, which was a symbol of Rome, must be designed to represent that fact. The old Roman historians, Livy and Tacitus, acknowledged the different forms of government in Rome, to be so many “heads” of the Roman commonwealth... And one of the earliest Protestant commentators, Osiander, as early as 1511, names the whole seven as we have them; namely, Kings, Consuls, Decemvirs, Dictators, Triumvirs, Emperors, and Popes, as the forms of Roman government represented by the seven heads of the dragon of Revelation 12... Adventists, under the first message, at once adopted this view. {SHR 1.1}

***** STAFF EDIT *****

Pope Francis is the eighth Papal king since the healing of the head wound by Mussolini in 1929 giving the pope his title of KING back.

He is also "the beast that was and is not" because he is a Jesuit, the persecuting power of the Papacy.

AND he is from OUT OF the seven hills of Rome which is symbolic of the territory of the ancient Roman empire, because he is the first to be elected from OUT OF the mountains of Europe.

Now he will lead the world to perdition and you all stand around and argue who the seven heads are.

Pope Francis was with the protestant leaders when they said "the protest is over" and you all still argue?

Please read this blog..... ***** STAFF EDIT *****

http://allbeastslead2rome.blogspot.com/2015/10/blog-post.html

I understand that the term Roman Empire is used, but, that term is technically incorrect!

The Apostle Peter called Imperial Rome Babylon and Ellen White called Papal Rome Babylon. So, the correct term is actually Babylon.

And the beast the was, and is not, is also Babylon.

Now, Rome plays a huge part in Babylon, I know. But, the first and eighth mountains is Babylon with the other six being different representations of Babylon down through the ages. The eighth is of the seven and is Babylon.

I really can't say that enough.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: jamesonofthunder] #177944
11/11/15 12:02 PM
11/11/15 12:02 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Did anyone catch that? Would anyone like to venture to guess how we got here from where Uriah Smith said the Reformers taught and believed and the Pioneers defended?

"the view which will be advocated in this paper is one which has characterized the Adventist movement from the beginning, through the first, second, and third messages, to the present time, and is only beginning within a few years to be called in question"

But you all know better than the pioneers?
(bold emphasis mine)

No. I got my understanding from the Bible and Ellen White.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #177965
11/11/15 08:54 PM
11/11/15 08:54 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
You can read those words from Uriah Smith and still not back down here?

"The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits"

Rome has been called the city of Seven Hills since before the days of Christ but you know better right? Man I am so tired. Lord please open their eyes, PLEASE.

EVEN IN WIKIPEDIA they have an entry called "Seven Hills of Rome" and in another they say "Rome was traditionally called the City of Seven Hills" in the time of Christ, but you think you change history? Children sing songs of the seven hills of Rome.

The Seven Hills of Rome (Italian: Sette colli di Roma [ˈsɛtte ˈkɔlli di ˈroːma], Latin: Septem montes Romae) east of the river Tiber form the geographical heart of Rome, within the walls of the ancient city.

From Wiki;

The seven hills are:

Aventine Hill (Latin, Aventinus; Italian, Aventino)
Caelian Hill (Caelius, Celio)
Capitoline Hill (Capitolinus, Campidoglio)
Esquiline Hill (Esquilinus, Esquilino)
Palatine Hill (Palatinus, Palatino)
Quirinal Hill (Quirinalis, Quirinale)
Viminal Hill (Viminalis, Viminale)

The Vatican Hill (Latin Collis Vaticanus) lying northwest of the Tiber... (is) not counted among the traditional Seven Hills.

The fallen church SITS on the city that reigns over the kings of the earth. What city is called the IMPERIAL CITY?

The prophecy says "the woman you saw is that great CITY" but you change the bible to fit your interpretation? SHAME on YOU!

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #177977
11/12/15 12:50 AM
11/12/15 12:50 AM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
James, you still seem stuck on "heads".

Some questions you need to answer.

Why does the 7 count start at 1929?

If there are 3 phases, then please list the "heads" of the other phases, how the 5th was wounded and healed in each phase.

If Ellen White saw the 5th head wounded and it was healed, why restart the count?

Quote:
You say OUT OF means not out of but from elsewhere. What would it say if it really did mean he comes out of Rome and not out of "Argentina, South America;"?

This OUT OF bit is enough to reject the whole thing. And that's where I was no longer interested in finishing it.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #177981
11/12/15 03:12 AM
11/12/15 03:12 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Finally semi-rational questions that can be answered without abuse.

First how did the Pope become a secular KING?

"When the early church became corrupted by departing from the simplicity of the gospel and accepting heathen rites and customs, she lost the Spirit and power of God; and in order to control the consciences of the people, she sought the support of the secular power. The result was the papacy, a church that controlled the power of the state and employed it to further her own ends, especially for the punishment of “heresy.” In order for the United States to form an image of the beast, the religious power must so control the civil government that the authority of the state will also be employed by the church to accomplish her own ends. {GC 443.2}

Question; What happened to the secular power of the Papal HEAD when the Pope was taken hostage and he died in exile?

Answer; The Pope lost his title of KING when Napoleon took Pius VI hostage and he died in exile, losing his secular power which is addressed in literally dozens of quotes from the Spirit of Prophecy.

Question; When did the pope become a KING again?

Answer; In 1929 when Mussolini gave him his title back by making the Vatican a SOVEREIGN STATE once again.

But this might too much for you to comprehend (leave it in Daryl)

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #177982
11/12/15 03:20 AM
11/12/15 03:20 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Kland says "James, you still seem stuck on "heads"."

But when the super majority of people are wrong about this issue and have disregarded the teachings of the pioneers don't you think God would have them corrected? (Not you of course, you're perfect)

But since you continue to listen to the voices that would destroy our church and you are still here teaching lies, I have to continue.

Pay very close attention to this since it is obvious you do not get it, and probably never will.

"In the seventeenth of Revelation is foretold the destruction of all the churches who corrupt themselves by idolatrous devotion to the service of the papacy, those who have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. [Revelation 17:1-4 quoted.] {7BC 983.3}
Thus is represented the papal power, which with all deceivableness of unrighteousness, by outside attraction and gorgeous display, deceives all nations; promising them, as did Satan our first parents, all good to those who receive its mark, and all harm to those who oppose its fallacies. The power which has the deepest inward corruption will make the greatest display, and will clothe itself with the most elaborate signs of power. The Bible plainly declares that this covers a corrupt and deceiving wickedness. “Upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon the Great, The Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth.” {7BC 983.4}
What is it that gives its kingdom to this power? Protestantism, a power which, while professing to have the temper and spirit of a lamb and to be allied to Heaven, speaks with the voice of a dragon. It is moved by a power from beneath (Letter 232, 1899). {7BC 983.5}

Gee, where in there do you see anything about anything else but the Papacy and Protestants?

OUR PROPHET says Revelation 17 is about the destruction of the fallen protestant churches and the papacy. You want to call her a liar?

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #177984
11/12/15 03:50 AM
11/12/15 03:50 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Why don't you pray and research?

Young's Literal Translation;

Rev 17:11 "and the beast that was, and is not, he also is eighth, and out of the seven he is, and to destruction he doth go away.

John was taken to the time of the sixth king in the vision. So at that time Bergoglio was not in Rome yet. But that king JPII re-established the Jesuits in Rome. So Bergoglio would be OUT OF the territory of Rome (Europe) at the time of the vision.

The word that is translate "out of" is ἐκ

ἐκ; a primary preposition denoting origin (the point whence action or motion proceeds), from, out (of place, time, or cause; literal or figurative; direct or remote):

The prophecy says;

17:11 and the beast that was, and is not, he also is eighth, and out of the seven (hills) he is, and to destruction he doth go away.

Mrs White said the Jesuits were the power designed by the Papacy to destroy Protestants in the Dark Ages, they are "the beast that was".

So when the prophecy says the eighth king is the restoration of that beast, and at the time of the vision, the reign of the sixth papal king after the healing, he is "OUT of" Rome at that time, this fits perfectly with BerGOGlio being the first Jesuit Pope.

The prophecy of the 8 kings is designed to see peculiar elements to each kings reign, to identify them, or else everyone will be left in ignorance to come up with their own conclusions and this is NOT the intent of the Holy Spirit who is calling us to be of ONE MIND!

The prophecy is very important but people like you want to stay in ignorance and lose the blessing of the warning.

What are the odds that the sixth king (JPII) was also the Pope who brought the Protestants to ecumenism, and asked our president to overthrow Communism, and who reestablished the Jesuits in Rome.

AND; the seventh Papal king retired so he "must remain a short time" AFTER his reign.

AND the eighth king is a Jesuit who was OUT of Rome during the time of the sixth king?

What are the odds?

Jesus was asked when the end would be and He said "where the CORPSE is the eagles will gather" and the Jesuits motto is Perende ac Cadaver" calling themselves a CORPSE. And you think is all coincidence?

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!