HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,494 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: JAK] #178071
11/15/15 03:44 AM
11/15/15 03:44 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: JAK
Now, Daryl, that changed the intent of the post...
frown

***** STAFF EDIT *****

Last edited by Daryl; 11/15/15 01:07 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate content.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: jamesonofthunder] #178073
11/15/15 05:00 AM
11/15/15 05:00 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
James wrote;

"Daniels beasts cover till Rome comes on the scene. The Spirit of Prophecy says Rome continues to the end. So there are three phases of Rome represented in Revelation 12/ 13 & 17. All three beasts with seven heads and ten horns represent Rome. This is a fundamental principle of Scripture that EVERY SINGLE REFORMER AND PIONEER AGREED ON. " (bold emphasis mine)

But, in Revelation 12, the Bible clearly states that the beast with seven heads and ten horns is Satan! Satan is behind Babylon in all its phases. This is the main reason why God's Remnant Church can't ever be Babylon. God's Remnant Church has God as its foundation while Babylon has Satan as its foundation.

So, whoever may believe differently on this point, you have the right to believe what you want. But, that doesn't make what you believe to be right. The Bible clearly states that the beast is Satan in Revelation 12, and that beast is always Satan.

Now, how is Satan representing himself and through whom? Babylon! And through all the representations of Babylon down through the ages. Now, Rome is the most prominent of these representations and will be the head of the three-fold union of Babylon in the future. But, it is a representation of Babylon all the same.

Last edited by Alchemy; 11/15/15 05:02 AM.
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: jamesonofthunder] #178074
11/15/15 05:10 AM
11/15/15 05:10 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
James wrote;

"So what is a head in prophecy according to Daniel?

As we have seen the leader of Babylon was the image head, but there are other examples too. Like the Leopard beast which has four heads. WHY FOUR HEADS? Because after the death of Alexander the Great his kingdom was divided between his four generals. FOUR HEADS.

This is the most natural interpretation of the term "head". the leader, or HEAD OF STATE."

Excellent point, but, misapplied.

All four of these generals formed four different nations! They were no longer just Greece, they all came from Greece though. Remember, in Daniel 11, it was from this divide of the Greek Empire that the king of the North and South come on the scene.

Never does multiple heads or kings applied to one and the same nation. Even with Rome!

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: jamesonofthunder] #178075
11/15/15 05:24 AM
11/15/15 05:24 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
James wrote;

"ALL OF THE PROTESTANT REFORMERS AGREED Rome had seven forms of Government from the beginning till the popes. They were "Kings" beginning in 753 BC, "Consuls" beginning in 509 BC, "Decemvirs" beginning in 498 BC, "Dictators" beginning in beginning in 451 BC, "Triumvirs" Beginning in 59 BC, "Emperors" beginning in 27 BC, and POPES beginning in 538 AD.

Uriah Smith said that this understanding "is one which has characterized the Adventist movement from the beginning, through the first, second, and third messages, to the present time, and is only beginning within a few years to be called in question...for scholars declared before the Adventist movement began, that Rome had presented to the world, as a unique and marvelous feature of history, seven distinct forms of government. All that the Adventists did, was to say, as the most natural thing in the world, that if Rome did have seven forms of government, the seven heads of the dragon, which was a symbol of Rome, must be designed to represent that fact"

So do you think the pioneers deserve to be held in high enough esteem that this should be accepted?

The seven heads of the beast in Revelation 12 are the seven DIFFERENT FORMS OF ROMAN GOVERNMENT."

I am not aware of any example in the Bible where heads and mountains are treated this way! I believe Uriah Smith is wrong if this is what he taught. There were multiple kings in Medo-Persia, yet, Medo-Persia only counts for one metal or beast. And Medo-Persia is counted as a beast in Daniel 7 and 8.

This idea of seven forms of government makes for a good counterfeit, but, that is all. Rome is counted in two heads, numbers 4 and 5, and then is part of Babylon in the end of time. And the prominence of Rome even now can't be missed. This will have to do.

Here are the 7/8 kings from Revelation 17;

1) Babylon
2) Medo-Persia
3) Greece
4) Imperial Rome (used by Satan in Revelation 12)
5) Papal Rome (little horn from Daniel 7 and 8)
5) Papal Rome (first beast, leopard-like in Revelation 13)
6) Lamb-like two horn beast with Dragon mouth (USA, 1798 to the present time)
7) Image of the Beast (third beast in Revelation 13 and ten horns in Revelation 17)
8) Babylon (Papacy, Apostate Protestantism and Spiritualism w/ Papacy as head)

And I would say this is absolute because the Bible says so.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: Alchemy] #178077
11/15/15 06:14 AM
11/15/15 06:14 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Alchemy

But, in Revelation 12, the Bible clearly states that the beast with seven heads and ten horns is Satan! Satan is behind Babylon in all its phases. This is the main reason why God's Remnant Church can't ever be Babylon. God's Remnant Church has God as its foundation while Babylon has Satan as its foundation.

So, whoever may believe differently on this point, you have the right to believe what you want. But, that doesn't make what you believe to be right. The Bible clearly states that the beast is Satan in Revelation 12, and that beast is always Satan.

Are you a Seventh Day Adventist? Have you even read the Great Controversy? Required reading for any SDA!!!! Because this is elementary and I wish someone here would step in and give you council, but it seems no one else is up to the challenge. Or you are continuing to test me. God hasn't that prayer yet I guess.

In the prophecy of Revelation 12 we find the dragon ready to kill the man child, Christ Jesus. Who tried to kill Jesus at His birth? ROME. Who nailed Him to a cross? ROME!

Originally Posted By: Ellen White; Great Controversy
The line of prophecy in which these symbols are found begins with Revelation 12, with the dragon that sought to destroy Christ at His birth. The dragon is said to be Satan (Revelation 12:9); he it was that moved upon Herod to put the Saviour to death. But the chief agent of Satan in making war upon Christ and His people during the first centuries of the Christian Era was the Roman Empire, in which paganism was the prevailing religion. Thus while the dragon, primarily, represents Satan, it is, in a secondary sense, a symbol of pagan Rome. {GC 438.2}

So you are half correct. But I was right on, unless you want to tell everyone here you don't believe in the Spirit of Prophecy, to which I would say "why are you here?"

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: Alchemy] #178078
11/15/15 06:25 AM
11/15/15 06:25 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA

All four of these generals formed four different nations! They were no longer just Greece, they all came from Greece though. Remember, in Daniel 11, it was from this divide of the Greek Empire that the king of the North and South come on the scene.

Never does multiple heads or kings applied to one and the same nation. Even with Rome!

WRONG!!!! We are not talking about a nation but an EMPIRE made up of many nations. The KINGDOM was divided into four parts.

Originally Posted By: Uriah Smith;
“The beast had also four heads.” The Grecian empire maintained its unity but little longer than the lifetime of Alexander. Within a few years after his brilliant career ended in a fever induced by a drunken debauch, the empire was divided among his four leading generals. Cassander had Macedon and Greece in the west; Lysimachus had Thrace and the parts of Asia on the Hellespont and Bosphorus in the north; Ptolemy received Egypt, Lydia, Arabia,Palestine, and Coele Syria in the south; and Seleucus had Syria and all the rest of Alexander’s dominions in the east. These divisions were denoted by the four heads of the leopard; B.C.308. {DAR1909 131.3}
Thus accurately were the words of the prophet fulfilled. As Alexander left no available successor, why did not the huge empire break up into countless petty fragments? Why into just four parts, and no more? Because the prophecy had said that there should be four. The leopard had four heads, the rough goat four horns, the kingdom was to have four divisions; and thus it was. (See more fully on chapter 8.) {DAR1909 131.4}

If you can wrap your mind around that for a minute and digest it, then apply that symbolic structure here;

In Revelation chapter 13 (verses 1-10) is described another beast, “like unto a LEOPARD,” (Just like Greece in other words) to which the dragon gave “his power, and his seat, and great authority.” This symbol, as most Protestants have believed, represents the papacy, which succeeded to the power and seat and authority once held by the ancient Roman empire. Of the leopardlike beast it is declared: “There was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies.... And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, and His tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.” This prophecy, which is nearly identical with the description of the little horn of Daniel 7, unquestionably points to the papacy. {GC 439.1}

THE PAPACY!!!! Which symbolically is also Babylon the Great the Mother of Harlots!

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: Alchemy] #178080
11/15/15 06:32 AM
11/15/15 06:32 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA

This idea of seven forms of government makes for a good counterfeit, but, that is all. Rome is counted in two heads, numbers 4 and 5, and then is part of Babylon in the end of time. And the prominence of Rome even now can't be missed. This will have to do.

A good counterfeit? You test my patience.

The Protestant REFORMERS and the Seventh Day Adventist PIONEERS said these things under the leading and guidance of the Holy Spirit during the three angels messages and you say this is a counterfeit? PLEASE GOD HELP ME!!!!

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: jamesonofthunder] #178117
11/16/15 01:10 AM
11/16/15 01:10 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder

Are you a Seventh Day Adventist? Have you even read the Great Controversy? Required reading for any SDA!!!! Because this is elementary and I wish someone here would step in and give you council, but it seems no one else is up to the challenge. Or you are continuing to test me. God hasn't that prayer yet I guess.

In the prophecy of Revelation 12 we find the dragon ready to kill the man child, Christ Jesus. Who tried to kill Jesus at His birth? ROME. Who nailed Him to a cross? ROME!

The line of prophecy in which these symbols are found begins with Revelation 12, with the dragon that sought to destroy Christ at His birth. The dragon is said to be Satan (Revelation 12:9); he it was that moved upon Herod to put the Saviour to death. But the chief agent of Satan in making war upon Christ and His people during the first centuries of the Christian Era was the Roman Empire, in which paganism was the prevailing religion. Thus while the dragon, primarily, represents Satan, it is, in a secondary sense, a symbol of pagan Rome. {GC 438.2}

So you are half correct. But I was right on, unless you want to tell everyone here you don't believe in the Spirit of Prophecy, to which I would say "why are you here?"

Blessings James,

In my last post, just above the post of yours I am responding to, I listed Imperial Rome as #4. I also mentioned in parentheses that Satan used Imperial Rome in Revelation 12. I guess you could have missed that though.

Also, Rome is also a representation of Babylon.

1) In 1 Peter 5:13, Peter mentions Babylon and this is the church in Rome.

2) In GC88 237, Sister White directly compares Rome and the Papacy with Babylon.

3) Revelation 12 leaves no room for doubt that the primary meaning of the Beast is that "old serpent called the Devil and Satan".

I would say I am correct on these points.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: jamesonofthunder] #178118
11/16/15 01:19 AM
11/16/15 01:19 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia

WRONG!!!! We are not talking about a nation but an EMPIRE made up of many nations. The KINGDOM was divided into four parts.

Originally Posted By: Uriah Smith;
“The beast had also four heads.” The Grecian empire maintained its unity but little longer than the lifetime of Alexander. Within a few years after his brilliant career ended in a fever induced by a drunken debauch, the empire was divided among his four leading generals. Cassander had Macedon and Greece in the west; Lysimachus had Thrace and the parts of Asia on the Hellespont and Bosphorus in the north; Ptolemy received Egypt, Lydia, Arabia,Palestine, and Coele Syria in the south; and Seleucus had Syria and all the rest of Alexander’s dominions in the east. These divisions were denoted by the four heads of the leopard; B.C.308. {DAR1909 131.3}
Thus accurately were the words of the prophet fulfilled. As Alexander left no available successor, why did not the huge empire break up into countless petty fragments? Why into just four parts, and no more? Because the prophecy had said that there should be four. The leopard had four heads, the rough goat four horns, the kingdom was to have four divisions; and thus it was. (See more fully on chapter 8.) {DAR1909 131.4}

If you can wrap your mind around that for a minute and digest it, then apply that symbolic structure here;

In Revelation chapter 13 (verses 1-10) is described another beast, “like unto a LEOPARD,” (Just like Greece in other words) to which the dragon gave “his power, and his seat, and great authority.” This symbol, as most Protestants have believed, represents the papacy, which succeeded to the power and seat and authority once held by the ancient Roman empire. Of the leopardlike beast it is declared: “There was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies.... And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, and His tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.” This prophecy, which is nearly identical with the description of the little horn of Daniel 7, unquestionably points to the papacy. {GC 439.1}

THE PAPACY!!!! Which symbolically is also Babylon the Great the Mother of Harlots!
(bold emphasis mine)

If you look at the list I posted, Imperial Rome is one head all to itself and Papal Rome is one head all to itself. There isn't multiple heads for one nation!

Even with Greece, the one horn split into four horns to represent the division of Greece. Or the leopard went from having one head to four heads. You don't have multiple heads or horns or kings to represent one nation in Bible Prophecy.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: jamesonofthunder] #178119
11/16/15 01:21 AM
11/16/15 01:21 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia

A good counterfeit? You test my patience.

The Protestant REFORMERS and the Seventh Day Adventist PIONEERS said these things under the leading and guidance of the Holy Spirit during the three angels messages and you say this is a counterfeit? PLEASE GOD HELP ME!!!!

If I am so wrong, please, demonstrate from the Bible and Ellen White my error.

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!