HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: Elle] #178154
11/16/15 10:11 PM
11/16/15 10:11 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: kland
Elle, there were sacrifices after the Exodus that pointed forward to Christ's death which was NOT Passover.

Originally Posted By: Elle
My understanding is all the laws(Pentateuch) describes the ways of the Lord (His character) -- Isn't He the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow? It beats me how anyone in our Church would believe that the law only existed after the Exodus????

Could this be why?
There are many who try to blend these two systems, using the texts that speak of the ceremonial law to prove that the moral law has been abolished; but this is a perversion of the Scriptures. The distinction between the two systems is broad and clear. The ceremonial system was made up of symbols pointing to Christ, to His sacrifice and His priesthood. This ritual law, with its sacrifices and ordinances, was to be performed by the Hebrews until type met antitype in the death of Christ, the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world. Then all the sacrificial offerings were to cease. It is this law that Christ "took . . . out of the way, nailing it to His cross." Colossians 2:14. But concerning the law of Ten Commandments the psalmist declares, "Forever, O Lord, Thy word is settled in heaven." Psalm 119:89. And Christ Himself says, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law. . . . Verily I say unto you"--making the assertion as emphatic as possible--"Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." Matthew 5:17, 18. Here He teaches, not merely what the claims of God's law had been, and were then, but that these claims should hold as long as the heavens and the earth remain. The law of God is as immutable as His throne. It will maintain its claims upon mankind in all ages. {PP 365.1}

And that's why you wish to deny her?

I do agree with the above that we shouldn’t be sacrificing animals today and those were types and shadows.
Elle, you keep jumping from literal to spiritual without every explaining why and what you mean.

Please restate your sentence here to address "The distinction between the two systems is broad and clear". What are the two systems, how are they distinct, and what does that have to with your comment or how does your comment include and cover that distinction?

Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: Elle] #178171
11/17/15 10:11 AM
11/17/15 10:11 AM
ProdigalOne  Online Content OP
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Quote:
Elle :"Offering substitute sacrifices for our sins is a Pagan ritual and is not part of God’s way of justice."

ProdigalOne : Are you saying the Old Testament sacrificial system instituted by God was "a Pagan ritual"?
Jesus, the Lamb of God, offered Himself in our place. He took our punishment, paid our debt. Was His "substitute sacrifice" "a Pagan ritual"???

From my own studies(and this doesn’t come from Stephen at all as he never address this), this “substitution” notion stem from mis-understanding Isaiah 53:5 and from not understanding the meaning of the law of redemption or the sacrifices.

I made it very clear it my explanation my view why(read it again) and I never said nor even closely implied that Jesus sacrifice was pagan.

ProdigalOne, this is the third time(even 4th or more as I let many of them pass by) I catch you misrepresenting what I said (false witness). Be careful OK.

Again if you want to dig more into it, it would require to open another discussion because this type of study will require to go all over the Bible.

Elle, I have never intentionally misrepresented what you said! Your accusations are unfounded. I will admit that sometimes it is difficult to understand exactly what you are saying. Our exchange on your "A New Global Economics Restructure" thread is a prime example.

If you will carefully read my previous post, you will see that I was asking for clarification of your view:

"ARE YOU SAYING the Old Testament sacrificial system instituted by God was "a Pagan ritual"?"

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: ProdigalOne] #178173
11/17/15 11:05 AM
11/17/15 11:05 AM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
By the way Elle, while we are on the topic of "misrepresenting" and "false witness". I'm wondering when you are going to change your profile to match your actual beliefs?

On your profile page, you claim to be a Seventh Day Adventist.
This is clearly not true!

The following is part of a comment I posted on your "Should We Quote EGW?" thread.

You did not reply to me there, perhaps you will do so here?

"Of course, I'm sure you realize that occasionally attending a Seventh Day Adventist Church does not make you a Seventh Day Adventist, anymore than spending time with Christians would qualify as salvation. It is a matter of matching the definition of a Seventh Day Adventist. In this case one must be in agreement with our Fundamental Beliefs. I know back in the eighties, agreement with the Fundamental Beliefs was a requirement for being a baptized member. To my knowledge, this has not changed.

I have just looked over the 28 Fundamental Beliefs with what I have gathered is your doctrinal system in mind. It is now apparent to me that you are not a Seventh Day Adventist. I do apologize for assuming you were.

Here are some of the doctrinal differences you appear to have with the Seventh Day Adventist Church:

Fundamental Belief #18 - Gift of Prophesy

Fundamental Belief #20 - Sabbath

Fundamental Belief #27 - Millenium In Heaven

Please forgive me if I have this wrong as I am not certain about your views on salvation. From what I have seen in some of your other discussions, you appear to believe that everyone will eventually be saved? This conflicts with Fundamental Belief #10 - Experience of Salvation."

I do hope that you decide to rectify your profile's false claim of being a Seventh Day Adventist, Elle. After all, misrepresenting one's faith is one of the worst forms of false witness.

Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: ProdigalOne] #178175
11/17/15 12:45 PM
11/17/15 12:45 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
You are an intelligent man who have shown much capacity of comprehension in a discussion. I don't believe one bit that it is a case of mis-comprehension of what I've said.

I had supply a lenghty explanation with scriptures why I don't view Christ sacrifice as a "substitution" but rather a "covering" aka a "redemption of the debt note". There's a big difference between these two systems and its legal implication. I understand that "substitution sacrifice" is a widespread concept in Christiandom, however it doesn't mean that it is Biblical as many other concepts aren't.

Also you are very eloquent in your writings skills. I see no lack there either.

-- Thus you could of formulated your question more accuratly reflecting what I have said without shedding any false light. You could of counter my points and scriptures I gave. You could of brought other texts to show why you believe Jesus sacrifice was a "substitution". This would of shown your good intentions.

But no -- none of that was shown but instead you have said what you have said that was a mis-representation and twisting of what I have said -- for a very specific goal.

Sorry but it doesn't fly at all.

Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne
Quote:
Elle :"Offering substitute sacrifices for our sins is a Pagan ritual and is not part of God’s way of justice."

ProdigalOne : Are you saying the Old Testament sacrificial system instituted by God was "a Pagan ritual"?
Jesus, the Lamb of God, offered Himself in our place. He took our punishment, paid our debt. Was His "substitute sacrifice" "a Pagan ritual"???

From my own studies(and this doesn’t come from Stephen at all as he never address this), this “substitution” notion stem from mis-understanding Isaiah 53:5 and from not understanding the meaning of the law of redemption or the sacrifices.

I made it very clear it my explanation my view why(read it again) and I never said nor even closely implied that Jesus sacrifice was pagan.

ProdigalOne, this is the third time(even 4th or more as I let many of them pass by) I catch you misrepresenting what I said (false witness). Be careful OK.

Again if you want to dig more into it, it would require to open another discussion because this type of study will require to go all over the Bible.

Elle, I have never intentionally misrepresented what you said! Your accusations are unfounded. I will admit that sometimes it is difficult to understand exactly what you are saying. Our exchange on your "A New Global Economics Restructure" thread is a prime example.

If you will carefully read my previous post, you will see that I was asking for clarification of your view:

"ARE YOU SAYING the Old Testament sacrificial system instituted by God was "a Pagan ritual"?"

Blessings
Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: ProdigalOne] #178178
11/17/15 01:41 PM
11/17/15 01:41 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
You are in a bad habit of breaking discussion rules. You are making a mess in the discussions when you go off-topic like this or when your focuss is on the individual instead on the topic.

I have answered you in the other more appropriate discussion here. In the futur, I will not answer these anymore. Let's stick to the discussion at hand .... shall we?

By the way Elle, while we are on the topic of "misrepresenting" and "false witness". I'm wondering when you are going to change your profile to match your actual beliefs?

The following is part of a comment I posted on your "Should We Quote EGW?" thread.

"Of course, I'm sure you realize that occasionally attending a Seventh Day Adventist Church does not make you a Seventh Day Adventist, anymore than spending time with Christians would qualify as salvation. It is a matter of matching the definition of a Seventh Day Adventist. In this case one must be in agreement with our Fundamental Beliefs. I know back in the eighties, agreement with the Fundamental Beliefs was a requirement for being a baptized member. To my knowledge, this has not changed.

I have just looked over the 28 Fundamental Beliefs with what I have gathered is your doctrinal system in mind. It is now apparent to me that you are not a Seventh Day Adventist. I do apologize for assuming you were.

Here are some of the doctrinal differences you appear to have with the Seventh Day Adventist Church:

Please forgive me if I have this wrong as I am not certain about your views on salvation. From what I have seen in some of your other discussions, you appear to believe that everyone will eventually be saved? This conflicts with Fundamental Belief #10 - Experience of Salvation."

I do hope that you decide to rectify your profile's false claim of being a Seventh Day Adventist, Elle. After all, misrepresenting one's faith is one of the worst forms of false witness.

Blessings
Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: kland] #178179
11/17/15 02:09 PM
11/17/15 02:09 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Elle, you keep jumping from literal to spiritual without every explaining why and what you mean.

I have explained to you why in a many lenghty ways with many different laws as examples for about the last 3 or 4 years.

Alchemy only been here for what about 4 months(?), and he understood what I meant. It doesn't mean he agree with me, but at least he understood my point.

I have been consistent in my explanation and I do not jump from literal to spiritual. We all need to examine the literal to solve the "riddle" or "dark speeches" =the language the Lord speaks with (see Num 12:8 -- look at the meaning of chiydah --h2420 and its root h2330) to try to understand what Jesus meant when He gave the law(Torah). Paul says these are types shaddows pointing to a spiritual realm. Paul says the LAW IS SPIRITUAL.

I respect and understand your LITERAL point of view, but don't agree with it.

As with ProdigalOne, I view you are not lacking of intellect or ability of comprehension or communication skills.

I think the issue is not that you lack understanding of my point, but rather a violation of Lev 3:17; Lev 17:12,14; Lev 19:26; Deut 12:16,23; and Deut 15:23. These are all the same law. Of course being consistent, my understanding of Jesus' meaning of this is not what the Jews and the Johovah witness have "literally" have interprete this to be.

I will no longer address your comments or questions if I see that your goal is only to violate the law I pointed to you above. Because by answering you, I am putting myself in a position to have cause you to sin further. I think I am already guilty of that and I should of done this awhile back. Forgive me for that.

Blessings
Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: Elle] #178195
11/17/15 09:39 PM
11/17/15 09:39 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

I have explained to you why in a many lenghty ways with many different laws as examples for about the last 3 or 4 years.

Alchemy only been here for what about 4 months(?), and he understood what I meant.
I didn't see that he did.

Quote:
I have been consistent in my explanation and I do not jump from literal to spiritual. We all need to examine the literal to solve the "riddle" or "dark speeches" =the language the Lord speaks with (see Num 12:8 -- look at the meaning of chiydah --h2420 and its root h2330) to try to understand what Jesus meant when He gave the law(Torah). Paul says these are types shaddows pointing to a spiritual realm. Paul says the LAW IS SPIRITUAL.
Consistent? Not so. Another time I was questioning you on flip-flopping and you said you were busy and couldn't answer.

You say SPIRITUAL but the next breath you'll be advocating a literal keeping of feast days. Or in this thread, literal keeping of Sunday. Remember, that's what this thread is about?

Quote:
As with ProdigalOne, I view you are not lacking of intellect or ability of comprehension or communication skills.
Are you insulting Alchemy, is that what you're saying?

Quote:
I think the issue is not that you lack understanding of my point, but rather a violation of Lev 3:17;
Elle, that's a false accusation! And you have no basis for such. I have not eaten meat, fat, blood, nor even sugar for years. Why you would say this I don't know! Uncalled for.

Quote:
I will no longer address your comments or questions if I see that your goal is only to violate the law I pointed to you above.
I catch you misrepresenting what I said (false witness). Be careful OK. Where do you get my goal is to violate a law you made up?

I do think you are showing the colors of the feast-keeping movement....

Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: ProdigalOne] #178196
11/17/15 09:43 PM
11/17/15 09:43 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Quote:

By chance have you ever read the following?
http://nukeprofessional.blogspot.com/201...h.aSVr9kaM.dpuf

The principles do seem to apply to the current situation. Only way I can make sense out of it.

Especially when she accuses you of going off topic when she totally side railed your topic claiming it was necessary for understanding. Yet without addressing and clarifying all the side topics she brings up.

Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: kland] #178197
11/17/15 09:44 PM
11/17/15 09:44 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
You could start at, There is some truth in this statement : "Jones teaches that the Sabbath was changed to Sunday as part of the New Covenant"

How was the Sabbath changed to Sunday?
Elle, this is the topic, right? Talking about a literal Sabbath to a literal Sunday.

Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: Elle] #178221
11/18/15 08:36 AM
11/18/15 08:36 AM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
You are in a bad habit of breaking discussion rules. You are making a mess in the discussions when you go off-topic like this or when your focuss is on the individual instead on the topic.

I have answered you in the other more appropriate discussion here. In the futur, I will not answer these anymore. Let's stick to the discussion at hand .... shall we?

Elle, sometimes your apparent obtuseness leaves me breathless. You accuse me of misrepresenting you and of bearing false witness. When I defend myself in the same thread, you further accuse me of breaking discussion rules by going off topic!

Part of my defense was to reluctantly point out your hypocrisy: you accuse me of bearing false witness, (which I was not doing, as I have already shown) while you misrepresent yourself as a Seventh Day Adventist! The repost from our other discussion was only because you were not answering me there. Again, I think you know that.
According to your wishes, I will reply to your post on your attack on the Spirit of Prophesy thread, "Should We Quote EGW".

You are remarkably adept at deflecting blame for your own actions onto others.
Is kland correct about your motives? The link he provided to a self confessed paid Shill does seem to describe your behavior and patterns of attack quite accurately. Is your quaint lack of articulation some sort of a cloak? I am really beginning to wonder.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!