HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,300 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 31 32
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: asygo] #179549
02/28/16 03:48 PM
02/28/16 03:48 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: asygo
Originally Posted By: Elle
In Luke 13:23-28 also talks about the narrow gate but it is applied about how the people could avoid the coming judgment.

Jesus says the following:
  • I do not know you, where you are from
  • Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.
  • There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out.
Did He say this to people who will live with Him eternally in the kingdom of God?

Your question is lacking as it is built on some assumption that I pointed at other posts above. So I'll address the question in terms of being outside or inside the Kingdom.

In the Kingdom of God, there is a KING, LAWS, Land, and citizens.

Daniel 2:35 say " the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth." The text says that little stone, first became a mountain implying that it grew to that size, and then that mountain grew to filled the whole earth. That stone and the mountain represents the Kingdom of God at Jesus 2nd coming when He and His Melchisedek Priest will rule the earth during the Millennium(Rev 5:10; 20:6 ). It will start small and grow until the Kingdom of God will cover the whole earth. Which implies that not everyone will be inside the Kingdom of God at Jesus 2nd coming and it might take the whole Millennium for all the nations of the earth to accept Jesus and enter the Kingdom.

AV Mic 4:1 . "But in the last days it shall come to pass, [that] the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it. 2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

So my understanding is there were two application of the narrow door Mat 7 and Luk 13 : an emmediate and at the 2nd coming.

We have the history of what has happened to the emmediate application of this judgment that was towards the nation(House) of Judah. We know that they were CAST OUT of the Kingdom of God 40 years later after Jesus ministry. They were CAST OUT like Jesus had done previously with the House of Israel in 745 BC. Once Cast out, these Israelites and those Jews were disqualified to be CITISENZE and Leaders of the Abramic Blessings to the nations not because of some spiritual defects but because Israel refused the Lord Jehovah(Jesus) as their husband and Judah refused to accept Jesus as their King and as their Passover lamb -- both of these nations(Israel & Judah) were cast out of the HOUSE of God and lost their citizenship of His Kingdom based on that ground. In another word they found themselves on the outside of the Kingdom like all other nations --the Ethnos(=Gentiles). But they(the Jews & Israelites) still can re-enter the Kingdom today, right? Being CAST OUT doesn't equate you are eternally lost. That's a false assumption. It was not so for the nation of Israel, nor it was so for the nation of Judah. Then we have ample prophecies that says that [NATURAL] Israel will be restored and will be saved.

However, they all have to re-enter the Kingdom at the same level as like any other gentiles (ethnos) by one of the 12 gates, and accept Jesus as their King & Passover lamb, and go thru the next spiritual growth & training into Pentecost and Tabernacle.

But there were some Jews (and Israelites) that did not reject Jesus. Some of those were trained and became overcomers like Daniel, Ezekiel, and etc..., and others where not fully trained like Esau. Whatever if trained or not, what's important to note is that these were not CAST OUT of the Kingdom if they didn't reject Husband Jehovah and King Jesus.

I believe the same type of scenario will happen again at Jesus 2nd coming. Those that will find themselves totally outside the kingdom (the unbelievers and the blood-thirsty believers) will have to re-start their spiritual journey by breaking thru the first veil(=flesh = repentance = death) into the outer court= Passover level of faith, and move along the other level of faith and pass thru the other 2 veils(=more death) that separates each chambers and represents different levels of spiritual growth and faith.

However after the millennium at the 2nd resurrection perhaps the unfaithful believers might be split in two groups(the leaders vs. the pew warmers) or maybe they will all fall in one group. I'm don't know. I do know Jesus gives many parable about His judgment towards the unfaithful believers. There's the parable of them receiving some lashing, of their foundation of their works will be tested with fire, and etc... So the "unfaithful servants" receives a different judgment than the unbelievers and it is possible that after their(the unfaithful believers) judgment time is expired -- they might receive the IMMORTAL robe sometime after the 2nd resurrection. I don't know, nor do I think the Lord has reveal this as this revelation pertains to that AGE(olam & aion).

However, to my understanding there will be a harsher judgment for the abusive servants that will receive their rewards with the unbeliever(basically will be cast out) and will be thrown in the lake of fire. The lake of fire judgment goes until the end of Jubilee. The first Sabbath Millennium is the first weekly-Millennium Sabbath. Thus the end of the Great Jubilee is 7 x 7 Millenium = 49,000 years. It will be at the end of the Great Jubilee that the unbelievers and the abusive believers will receive their IMMORTAL Robe(life).

To wrap all of this with an observation. There is 3 Harvests in the law of Moses.

1st - Barley Harvest = Overcomers the Priest @ Jesus 2nd coming
2nd - Wheat Harvest = the Believers or congregation @ after the Millenium
3rd - Grape Harvest = the Unbelievers & abusive believers @ the Great Jubilee

All of these fruits make it at the Lord's table.

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #179551
02/28/16 04:59 PM
02/28/16 04:59 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
There is also the following Bible text:
Quote:
Hebrews 9:27 KJV And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

This in conjunction with the other verses shows that our choice for salvation is only granted in this life, after which comes the judgment. Whatever choice we have made for or against the gift of salvation is sealed after we die.

This also shows that there is no second chance salvation after death.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #179552
02/28/16 05:32 PM
02/28/16 05:32 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
However, to my understanding there will be a harsher judgment for the abusive servants that will receive their rewards with the unbeliever(basically will be cast out) and will be thrown in the lake of fire. The lake of fire judgment goes until the end of Jubilee. The first Sabbath Millennium is the first weekly-Millennium Sabbath. Thus the end of the Great Jubilee is 7 x 7 Millenium = 49,000 years. It will be at the end of the Great Jubilee that the unbelievers and the abusive believers will receive their IMMORTAL Robe(life).

Are you saying these people will be burning for 49,000 years as payment for their sins, then they will receive eternal life?

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: dedication] #179553
02/28/16 06:27 PM
02/28/16 06:27 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
"Notice in the above text it specifies that it is the SOUL that must die, not the body."

What is the soul?

The soul is the essence of the individual. People (and scripture also includes animals) have individuality, souls -- they think, reason, choose, have emotions, etc. They have character.

It is true that the soul(=mind) is the "essence" of the individual especially the "essence of the soulish individual" as the soul has usurp the authority of our spirit.

Do notice you characterize the soul as : "think, reason, choose, have emotions, etc. They have character." All of these are characteristics of the MIND. My understanding is the soul is basically the MIND. But it is not the whole person(body & spirit).

The Bible tells us in 1Thes 5:23 that we are Body, SOUL(=mind), and Spirit. It is the soul(reasoning and deduction and choice of the mind) that sins at the beginning with Adam & Eves. And sins still continues to take seeds first at the level of the mind(soul) before it manifest into an action from the body.

When a soul dies, the individual is no more.

I disagree. When a soul(mind) repents and submits(=spiritual death = the 2nd death) to the Spirit, the persons still is around until his body decays into the natural death(=physical death = the 1st death).

Also a soul CANNOT live with out the body.
When the body dies, the soul is dead.
I agree on the physical level --the physical brain[=body] needs to be functioning for the soul[mind] to exist. However there's two deaths like there's two births: the first being a physical death(or birth) and the second, a spiritual death(or birth).

Now a body or object can live without a soul -- but it can't think, reason, choose, or have emotions -- it is a mere vegetable or plant. It has no character.

I think we are saying the same thing -- the soul is the mind.

What does Paul mean when he says "I die daily"?
No, it does not mean the soul dies, or that the body dies daily. (That can't happen "daily" for once the body with the soul dies, it's dead)

I never said the soul can live outside the body. Re-read my post and above.

It's the CARNAL NATURE that must be denied on a daily bases.

The word "carnal" (sarkikos G4559) is related to the passion of the body like sex and appetite. There's only one text(Rom 8:7) in the KJV that sarkikos is translated as "carnal mind" but do note the word mind is not in the Greek translation. The carnal nature is relating to the flesh or lower level of our nature. Whereas the soul is relating to a higher level of our nature =the mind and not the body. Of course hunger or sex thoughts comes to our mind; but these are coming from signals from the body (hormonal or lack of glucose in our blood stream).

Look at the Greek word Psuche(G5590)transated as soul 58x, life 40x, mind 3x, heart 1x and Psuchekos(G5591 means soulish) translated as natural [man] or natural [body] 4x and sensual 2x.

This involves a process of character transformation not character oblivion. The carnal "soul" is transformed into a "soul" that follows the leading of the Holy Spirit.

There's no "carnal soul" in the Bible. Your mixing things together that is not defined as such.

One thing you haven't talked about is the spirit of man. The Bible tells us Man is a)Body, b)soul, and c)spirit. You have talk about the body(=that is carnal) and the soul(=mind), but no mention of man's spirit. But only mention of the Holy Spirit.

What I understand is the Holy Spirit via the SEED units with Man's spirit when they are begotten from above(1 Jo 3:9; Rom 8:16). When the Holy Spirit teaches us, He talks to our spirit. Our spirit is the highest level in us and is giving authority over the soul(mind). And the soul(mind) have authority over the body. So the order of the command of God goes first to our spirit, and our soul needs to submit to it and give it to the body that manifest it in a form of action.

The problem is the soul(mind) doesn't understand spiritual things.

AV 1C 2:14 "But the natural man[G5991 Psuchekos] receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned."

As far I have come to understand this, and let me be clear that I still do not have a firm grip on this, is the soul[mind] will always never understand spiritual things. The mind function is to analyse, put in order, classified, and etc.... but it is only our spirit that can understand spiritual things. So this death and submission of the soul to the spirit of man, is an only going thing. The order of authority of the spirit, soul, and body is the basic construction of man, and will stay as such forever and ever.

Quote:
Dying to self means putting away our selfishness, -- again character transformation not character oblivion.

The transformation of character is not done by us but done by the Lord as He "puts my laws in their inward parts, and write it in their heart." (Jer 31:33) I still don't know what exactly this text means technically. Is the "inward parts" represents the body and "heart" represents the soul??? I don't know.

If, as you say, the second death is the death of the soul, that would mean God gathers the wicked nations of people before his white throne and kills their souls but leaves their bodies alive.

What is left?
A bunch of mindless bodies, robots, who bow mindlessly before His throne for eternity.

Is that what God wants?

I don't think so --
He wants a people who CHOOSE to love Him (with mind and emotions) and serve him as rational individuals.

??? You made some assumption that I didn't say nor do I believe in.

The second death is a spiritual death that involves the mind[=soul] by submitting to the Lord commands and His leading via our spirit.

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: asygo] #179554
02/28/16 07:33 PM
02/28/16 07:33 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: asygo

Are you saying these people will be burning for 49,000 years as payment for their sins, then they will receive eternal life?

No, I said the fire is symbolic of the law. No, I never said there's a 42,000 years of literal burning (49,000 years total minus the 7,000 years that elapse at the time of the Great White throne Judgment). The total time of the payment for their sins depends on how much the total sums of their crimes amount to. Many will pay before the Great Jubilee will come. But for those that their debt are greater than what their 42,000 years can pay, the Jubilee law sets a limit of time for sin. At the Great Jubilee, all debts are cancelled(forgiven) and all are restored back to their inheritance = glorified body. Those that will pay before the great Jubilee comes, will have to wait for the time of the Great Jubilee to be changed into their IMMORTAL Robe.

Just like all the overcomers throughout history had to wait for the time of the 1st ressurection to be changed as a corporate body into their IMMORTAL Robe. And I'm assuming it will be the same for the rest of the believers resurrected after the Millenium. I don't know when, but sometime after their "lashing" period of time is completed and their time for them to go thru their Pentecost and Tabernacle growth, then they will all be changed together. My understanding from the first harvest and from the law; is these 3 harvests time are corporate events.

Sorry my explanation wasn't clear to you, but I meant the lake of fire is symbolic. I'm not going to repeat everything I said in that post but basically that the lake of fire symbolically represents the following:

a)the execution of the sentence of the law that was given at the great white thron. The Great white throne is the judgment of all great & small, according to their deeds. The lake of fire is what happens after the sentence is given -- thus it is the execution of the sentence.

b)the work of the Holy Spirit to teach them His Laws in the sanctification-purifying process

c)a repentance(=second death) & cleansing as symbolized in a baptism in a lake and washing rituals in the law.

Jesus is said to be like a refiner of precious metals, or fullers soap. The fire and the soap has the same goal to wash, or burn the impurities away. So why do you assume the fire is literal? Also why do you assume the judgment of God is all the same verdict -- physical death - annihilation - literal burning in fire by which this type of judgment is not found in the law.

The goal of any judgment of God was always correctional and to teach his people righteousness (His laws). (Is 26:9,10) But since man lifespan is so short, and a reasonable time of mercy (6000 years) was needed to proceed the Great White throne Judgment; thus, many has died a physical death. Some died because their nation was corrected(judged by the Lord) despite some individual that died were not guilty of their nation's sin. Then we have some individual that were judged in the Old Covenant time by stoning by which typified a defering of their judgment to the Great White throne which is like passing a case to the supreme court.

If you study the judgments of God, not all judgments sentences were stoning. Only adultery, pre-meditated murder and presumption sins were. All other judgments addressed the crime in the measure of the offence and in the level of knowing the law. All judgment were correctional in nature. For example, if you stole someone lamb and were found; the judgment was you needed to pay two fold(return the lamb you stole plus another one). If you couldn't return it because you had destroyed it or sold it; then you had to pay 4 times. However, it you returned it before anyone noticed it was stolen, and confess your sin, then the judgment was only 1/5 of the cost of a lamb plus returning the stolen one. This is one example of the judgment of the law that depends on the nature of the crime and other factors.

Giving a person a chance and time to repent when they are told their sin, was always part of the law also. David was both an adulterer and a pre-meditated murderer. David very well knew the law at the intellectual level before he committed these sins. Despite, David was given a chance to repent and was not stoned to death. David is an example of an overcomer that was being trained in his lifetime by the Lord and his sins were corrected on the spot by the Lord.

Most people are not trained in their lifetime because they serve another purpose and their judgment is defered at the Great White throne. For many(unbelievers and believers alike) their sins seems to not be corrected; whereas under the old covenant in the time under Moses sins were sharply addressed in the camp. Then, we have various examples how the Lord has applied His judgment on David, on the nation of Israel and of Judah and with the Gentiles(nations). We also can see there were many warnings before a pronouncement of judgment. Then we see a lapse of time between the pronouncement of judgment and the execution of the judgment. So there are many factors involved in the proceeding of justice with mercy to allow growth and establish order in the kingdom.

David did not die by a literal stoning, but he did pay for his sins(the Lords judgments on David) that lasted for a good part of his lifetime. This is how the Lord taught David not to murder and not to commit adultery. It was the Lord's judgment-correction that made it possible for these laws to get written in David's heart. Without judgment & correction that fitted his crime, David would of never learned nor would David have become an overcomer at the end.

What the Lord did for David or any other overcomer; He can do and will do to all other men via His judgment after the Great White Throne. It wouldn't be fair for Him to not take the time to train the other people like He did with the FIRSTFRUITS-Overcomers.

There's much more to be said on what the Law and history by which reveal the wisdom and depth of the judgments of the Lord.

This equating all sins to the same literal death penalty by a LITERAL FIRE at the Great White throne Judgment is totally absurd and not in the law = thus has no light in it. Not once in the law did the Lord sentence anyone to death by a literal Fire. Not once. Why do you think He will do so and change His ways at the Great White throne?

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #179555
02/29/16 03:27 AM
02/29/16 03:27 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
So why do you interpret that if someone repents at the great white throne that they will receive the IMMORTAL Robe(=Life) right away?

I don't. You're assuming that I agree to some or all of your interpretation of what Jesus meant by "destruction."

When Jesus said people are on the road that leads to life, I interpret that to mean that they will live in the end. When Jesus said people are on the road that leads to destruction, I interpret that to mean that they will be destroyed in the end.

You seem to be saying that their minds will be destroyed, leaving their body and spirit intact, and they will be taught God's law until they decide to obey. But even if they never obey, the Jubilee puts a cap on how long they will have to go through this reeducation process. In the end, EVERYBODY will live.

It seems that in your view, the debt of sin is repaid, not by death, but by a very very very long sermon. Having sat through some long sermons specifically designed to pummel me into submitting to a belief I oppose and reject, I imagine that is a fate that could be far worse than death.

I see that you have quite a framework to support your belief, but I am far from accepting the conclusion that God will force the impenitent to live in His presence. Heaven would be torture to them.

Last edited by asygo; 02/29/16 03:35 PM. Reason: Typo

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #179556
02/29/16 05:48 AM
02/29/16 05:48 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Daryl
I want to begin with John 3:16 quoted below:
Quote:
John 3:16 ASV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

This well known Bible verse is conditional on believing on Jesus to be saved.

True everybody needs to believe on Jesus to be saved.

So this text doesn't say neither if everybody or some are saved. We need to go further in the Bible and see if it answer the following questions :

#1. How does an unbeliever come to believe?
#2. Does the Bible say everyone will end up believing?

I'll let others find the answer to these questions. I do have texts from these two questions that say everybody will be saved. Do you know which ones I'm referring to? Both can be found in the NT.

Well, the plan of salvation was devised to save every single single being that would ever live. But, as 2 Peter 3:9 states, we must repent!

So then, the choice is ours to make. I hope we all make the right choices in our lives.

Last edited by Alchemy; 02/29/16 05:49 AM.
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #179557
02/29/16 05:54 AM
02/29/16 05:54 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Daryl
There is also the following Bible text:
Quote:
Hebrews 9:27 KJV And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

This in conjunction with the other verses shows that our choice for salvation is only granted in this life, after which comes the judgment. Whatever choice we have made for or against the gift of salvation is sealed after we die.

This also shows that there is no second chance salvation after death.

This life is our only chance.

But, there are many fearful ideas I believe, of some kind of second chances just in case we get it wrong in this life! This life is the only chance we get, and it is more than enough.

Why do I say it is enough? Because we have a Just and Holy God who hopes to save us all.

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #179558
02/29/16 07:24 AM
02/29/16 07:24 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
I never thought I would ever see so much confusion (Babylon) being sown
in a Seventh Day Adventist discussion of the nature of the soul.

Let us return to the beginning. What is God's definition of a soul?

"And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:7

When Adam was a completely formed body, was he a soul? No!
Was the breath of life "breathed into his (Adam's) nostrils the soul? No!
It was only when the breath of life and the physical body were united that Adam
"BECAME a living soul"!

A smartphone with no power source is a pretty chunk of glass, metal, and plastic.
A battery sitting on a table has no purpose.
Place the battery inside the smartphone and you have a scientific marvel that speaks, sees, and remembers!

This dark doctrine of no true eternal death belittles the great sacrifice of our Lord
and echoes the ominous words of the Serpent: "Ye shall not surely die"...

It is remarkable how often the Devil repeats that first lie spoken to our parents.

I realize there are some Pseudo-Adventists among us who would lead us to cast aside the words of God's Last Day Prophet, but for those with ears to hear, Sister White has warned us to beware these coming deceptions:

"The prophet says, “I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils” (Revelation 18:1, 2). This is the same message that was given by the second angel. Babylon is fallen, “because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication” (Revelation 14:8). What is that wine?—Her false doctrines. She has given to the world a false sabbath instead of the Sabbath of the fourth commandment, and has repeated the falsehood that Satan first told Eve in Eden—the natural immortality of the soul. Many kindred errors she has spread far and wide, “teaching for doctrines the commandments of men” (Matthew 15:9). – {2SM 118.1}"

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #179559
02/29/16 07:41 AM
02/29/16 07:41 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Does anyone else find this theory of unsaved "souls" being purged by fire after death, then returned to the company of the redeemed, to be vaguely familiar?
It bares more than a passing resemblance to the Catholic teaching of Purgatory!

"Purgatory : a state after death according to Roman Catholic belief in which the souls of people who die are made pure through suffering before going to heaven."
Merriam-Webster

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Page 3 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 31 32

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!