HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,953 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 32 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 31 32
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #179663
03/07/16 05:39 AM
03/07/16 05:39 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Elle

There is a physical birth and a spiritual birth[born of the Spirit].
There is a physical death and a spiritual death[death of the mind].

These are all biblical concepts talked about all over scriptures.

True, and I discussed these things.

That spiritual "dying to sin" and "rebirth in Christ" must take place IN THIS LIFE.
It must take place BEFORE the first death, (before that death we witness every time we go to a funeral).

That's where you leave the "track".
Your mistake is thinking the "spiritual death" isn't something that takes place in this present life, but in some other life.

Yet everything Paul writes about the "spiritual death to sin" and "spiritual rebirth to life in Christ" is urging people to experience this NOW, TODAY.

Due to sin the whole human race was on the road to utter destruction.

Christ came to save the lost -- He came to save the perishing" human race which was facing nothing but utter destruction, oblivion --
Without Christ that was the only end point for humanity.

Christ OPENED another door -- the narrow gate that leads to life! He made it possible for every person to be saved, (that doesn't mean everyone will be saved) His sacrifice is all sufficient, He supplies all the merits, He supplies the Holy Spirit.
Everything we need, He supplies -- but we must chose to accept it. He will not force it. The choice is ours, and many will sadly reject it.

Because the Savior came -- we have a choice--
We can choose to ignore Christ's great and awesome gift and continue to slide down the broad road to destruction,
or we can enter the narrow gate that leads to life.
That choice is presented in scripture as two gates. or doors.

Christ is that DOOR which few find!
John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

To enter that door, one must "die" that "spiritual" death Paul speaks of --
Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
6:13 Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

That is the "dying daily" that Paul is speaking about.
It is the conversion the dying to sin and living with Christ that MUST take place in this PRESENT LIFE.

The born again experience must happen in this present life.
Don't be deceived into thinking there is a future life in which to make that choice.

2 Cor. 6:2 in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
Hebrews 3:7 Wherefore as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts,

In your theory Elle,
Whether you realize it or not, you deny the need of the spiritual death to sin in this life.

Thus you are actually the one confusing the spiritual with the physical "death".

That's because you apply "the spiritual death" which is dying to sin and being alive in Christ which scripture urges us to do IN THIS PRESENT LIFE,
as being the meaning of "the destruction" of the wicked at the end.

You turn an obvious physical death into a "spiritual death", and by doing this you actually deny the need to die that "spiritual death" in this present life.

John 8:24

"Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."

Why is that so important for Jesus to say?
Is Jesus using the word "die" spiritually, or literally?
It's obviously literal -- because to "die to sin is to live in Christ", that is spiritual.
To die in your sins without Christ is to die physically -- and that does not lead to life, it leads to utter destruction.

The first and second death in scripture are NOT spiritual -- they are literal.
The first death you see at every funeral.
The second death is also physical.

I see you did not respond to the "lake of fire" texts.
They can't be referring to the "soul cleansing fire"
the lake of fire is a literal second death.

TEXTS--

According to scripture: Those not in the book of life are thrown into the lake of fire . (Rev. 20:15)

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire as well as the false prophet. (20:10)

Matthew 25:41 says Those who aren't Christ's are told to Depart from Him, they are cursed, and sent into the fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

From this we realize that those who "died in their sins" at the first death (the one we witness at funerals) end up in the lake of fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

When Paul(or yourself) dies daily[submission of the mind to the will of God], you do not become a vegetable. What I think is totally unreasonable you stubbornly apply a physical death of the mind(soul) to an obvious spiritual death reference of the (mind)soul that we Christian should undergo everyday like Paul. Makes no sense.

It's not me that's applying Paul's words of the spiritual dying to sin, being alive in Christ to the physical death experienced in the first and second death.
The "spiritual death" and the physical second death are two separate things.
What doesn't make sense is
in not realizing that those who see no need to respond to Christ's call to die to sin, and rise to newness of life in Christ, IN THIS PRESENT LIFE, will not have eternal life, but will suffer a literal eternal death.

Originally Posted By: elle
Well during the Millennium is a time to establish the kingdom by which will start small and grow into a mountain and that mountain will fill the whole earth (Dn 2:36)

And that is another major DIFFERENCE --
The Millennium is not a "second chance" time here on earth.
If Christ's kingdom has not taken root in a person's life IN THIS PRESENT LIFE, it will be too late.

That stone in Daniel 2 utterly destroys in one smashing blow -- "Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them"

I don't think there will be much judgment at Jesus 2nd coming beside all the nations flowing to the Kingdom to learn the wisdom and judgments of the Lord as said in Isaiah 2:2.

There will be HUGE judgment at the 2nd coming.
Any Christ that appears on earth to set up a "growing" literal kingdom here -- WILL BE SATAN.

When the true Christ comes it will be overwhelming event.
The saved are resurrected in the first resurrection, the saved living, changed in a twinkling of an eye to immortal bodies and together they rise to meet Christ in the air. (1 Cor. 15:50-58; 1 Thess. 4:16-17)
Rev. 19:21 And the rest were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse,

Now if all dies at Jesus 2nd coming like you believe and our Churches teaches, who will the Priests rule over during the Millennium? Where will be the nations and the People mentioned in Ezekiel 42-44 that the Priest will intercede on their behalf? Which people will flow to the mountain of the Lord in Isaiah 2:2?

Your view of God's domain is very, very narrow.
First off -- all do not die at the 2nd coming, the wicked DIE at the second coming.
Multitudes of saved from every tribe, tongue and nation will be resurrected -- they will be very much alive and they will ascend with Christ to heaven. Where will be the nations flowing to the New Jerusalem to worship God? They will be in heaven during the 1000 years. Later the city will descend to earth and the earth will be recreated.

As for Ezekiel's temple -- the literal temple described there was meant for the pre-cross period, it was never built.

The New Jerusalem takes it's place.

Rev. 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: asygo] #179683
03/08/16 05:59 PM
03/08/16 05:59 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: asygo
Originally Posted By: asygo
which you also equate to a re-education process that eventually leads to repentance. This process can take thousands of years.

As you know I did not equate the lake of fire as a "re-education process". The lake of fire is the execution of the sentenced issued at the Great White throne.

I thought the Lake of Fire was for the purpose of learning what people didn't learn the first time around. I clearly have no clue what you're proposing. For my sake, please explain what will literally happen from the 2nd coming and onward; only say "lake of Fire" if you actually mean a lake made of fire. I'm obviously confused, so please keep it simple for me. Thanks.

OK. I think this is a good timely request. I thought I’ve said too much already but I’m sure there’s things that just doesn’t add up to the interpretation we’ve been taught from the Church.

My aim in these coming 4 posts is not repeat what I’ve already mentioned, but to add concepts that may clarify the things already said but this time with more of a focus to the law. It is the law that we failed to study and meditate on by which is one of the main reason why we are in darkness. Of course I’m only going to give a quick overview and make it as short as possible of what I understand what scripture is saying. Nor am I saying I got it all figured it out and got it straight. I do hope you guys can point whatever sound too stretchy.

I won’t start from the 2nd coming as requested, I felt it is important to start from our current captivity to Babylon that I labeled "the pre-2nd coming". The reason why is it explains briefly the basic debt-to-slave-judgment law and will gives a start to understand how the Jubilee law works. I’ve already written up to #9 but it needs revision and getting more of scriptures references. I may be able to deliver these 4 posts hopefully before Monday. Well that’s my aim.

Here is a brief overview of what will [somewhat] LITERALLY happen from pre-2nd coming and onward:

A. Pre-2nd Coming AGE
1. Captivity to Babylon :
2. Captives’ Repentance & Fall of Babylon :
3. Transfer of Authority :

B. The Rule of the Melchisedek Order in the Millennium AGE
4. The 1st Resurrection -- only The Rulers-Overcomers :
5. Jesus 2nd Coming & War :
6. The Lake of fire -- The Beast and the False prophet Cast Alive
7. The Sabbath Millennium :

C. The Judgment of the Dead AGE
8. The 2nd Resurrection :
9. The War
10. The Lake of Fire: Adversary and False Prophet Burn
11. The Great White Throne Judgment
12. The Submission & Swearing Allegiance
13. The Lake of Fire : Death and Hades Cast in

D. The Judgment Execution AGE
14.The Lake of Fire: Execution of Judgment sentence of the People
15. The Great Jubilee : Debt canceled, everyone returns to their possession[=Glorious Body]
16. All is Under Jesus feet, then the Son also…that God may be all in all

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: asygo] #179702
03/10/16 02:07 AM
03/10/16 02:07 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
The format of the Posts will be the following :

# Event : a as brief as possible description

Law : related laws

Scriptures : related texts

Other Readings : If needed I will give a links mainly to my own post here if I had address these in the past. If the subject is something complicated that wasn’t touch previously in this forum and there is too many thing to address, I may give a link to Myron’s(an SDA) post on AO (if he has address the matter) as he’s been studying quite fervently the law for the past 14+ years and knows it better than I. He is easier to read than I.

Pre-2nd Coming AGE

1. Captivity to Babylon : When the Lord puts a nation in captivity, it is an execution of a judgment issued from His heavenly Court throne. In our corrupt Babylonian juristic system we send offenders to prison when the crime is too great. For less serious crime a fine is typically issued that requires immediate payment. If you do not have that money to pay the fine you end up in jail.

In the Lord's juristic system in the TYPE(law of Moses), fine are also issued for crimes, but people are not sent to jail if they cannot pay their fine. The people are “sold” to “any redeemer". This is not the close-kin redeemer, nevertheless still a “redeemer” in its definition of the word for he purchased the debt-note. I will address the close-kin redeemer at event #14(the Lake of Fire: execution of the Judgment for the people). The close-kin redeemer has an additional right compare to "any redeemer". The redeemer pays the fine in exchange for your labor under their authority.

Basically you become their "slaves". However, this "redeemer" has to function according to the Jubilee law and other laws that says that the "slave" :
a)has rights,
b)very good vacation(7th day Sabbath, 7th year Sabbath, and all feasts days),
c)should not be abused,
d)should be loved and treated as any other citizens, and e)should be freed on the 49th year despite if he has paid his debt in full or not.

Spiritually speaking, a “slaves” is someone that works for someone else’s business and learns how that family operation and how they successfully bears "fruits". A God fearing family of the would treat the slave as a son until he can be a sole mature citizen capable of bearing his own “fruits” for the kingdom.

The Jubilee law does not only apply for the law breakers such as criminals & offenders, but for anyone found in a debt situation that can result from : a) bad family business-land management; b)misfortune as death or injury of husband, sons; c)natural disaster losing crop, animals, infrastructures; d)war captives; e)purchased slaves; and f)even your own children. Basically, the Jubilee law addresses all that doesn't bear the "fruits" that the Lord requires. Thus the criminals are under the same treatment as any other countrymen that has a debt because of lack of "fruits". In the firstfruits laws, the Lord's requires "the best" of our fruits due without delay during the Feasts(spiritual growth level). If these are not rendered to Him; thus it is viewed as a theft towards the Lord.

On a corporate national level, the Lord will judge a nation and will execute the judgment by applying the same "if he have nothing, then he shall be sold" law. Spiritually, money is not what the Lord really requires, but “fruits”. So on a corporate level the "redeemer" becomes another nation. The foreign nation has no idea that they are a "redeemer" and that Israel was under judgment. All they know is “gee we have dominion over Israel -- we're going to profit from them yay ”. However, “purchasing” the “debt note” from Israel is not the greatest thing, for this means the nation-redeemer is now responsible to deliver those expected “fruits” rules . By which they will not frown and they also will go under judgment eek . Without going any further into this, what is important to point out here as it will relate to the lake of fire of #14, is that the "selling-captivity" resulting from the execution of the judgment sentence on a corporate level on Israel or on a individual level, is that it took off from their back the responsibility to produce the required fruits for the time in captivity and gave the nation or individual time to re-coop and ponder on their sin and how they end up “in captivity”. Being employed, all their needs are met, and they are in a loving family environment to learn a trade to become productive. So this "selling-captivity" is really mercy embedded in the Jurisdiction system of the Lord. The responsibility to bear those fruits is on the redeemer.

Now, we have mention in the past post, that the Lord corrects first those He “loves” as related to “Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated”. Scriptures says a father that corrects a son is love towards the son. Paul says “if ye be without chastisement, ….then are ye bastards, and not sons.” Heb 12:8 The point here is on the corporate-nation level, the Lord mostly spent His time correcting Israel FIRST as oppose to hardly any correction towards the other nations. That's why Israel was corrected so many times in the book of Judges. He put Israel 111 years total in captivity under 6 different nations versus to around 200 years in freedom in the land of Canaan before the reign of King Saul came. These judgments-correction were acts of a Father who was disciplining that nation for a great purpose. And He's not done with them.

Now with this background, let’s get to the 7th captivity to Old Babylon. Despite the rise of Babylon was to bring judgment-correction on the house of Judah, all other nations around Canaan were put under the same captivity-sentenced. It is the same with the current captivity to Mystery Babylon. Despite this on-going captivity(since old Babylon) -- its aim was to correct the Israelite-Christian; but it brought the whole world under the hard captivity of Mystery Babylon too.

Law : Firstfruits laws (Ex 22:29;23:16-19; Num 18:12...). Laws of tribulation found in Deut 28 & Lev 26 that basically says -- "If you disobey I will sell you to foreign nation and you will become the tail." The Jubilee law in Lev 25. And the Basic debt note - selling judgment law in Exodus 22.

Scriptures : The book of Judges: Israel was “sold” to other nations 6 times. Daniel: the extend of the 7th captivity from Babylon to Medo-Persia, Greeks, Roman, and little horn. The requirement to deliver fruits of the Kingdom is found vineyard prophecies in Isaiah 5:1-7 and Mat 21:28-41.

Other Reading : Debt Note Redemption

2. Captives Repentance & Fall of Babylon : Repentance and submission to the judgment-correction from the Lord is what breaks any captivity to a foreign nation.

Law : AV Lv 26:41 "And [that] I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity: 42 Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob,...Isaac,...Abraham... and I will remember the land... 46 These [are] the statutes and judgments and laws, which the LORD made between him and the children of Israel in mount Sinai by the hand of Moses.

Notice the underline stating that the humbling and acceptance of the punishment(judgment-correction) is what will free them from being under the authority of the foreign nation. Thus our release from Mystery Babylon is depended on this LEGAL requirement. I don't know if the repentance is required only from a small group of believers or should be at the nationwide, but my hunch as I see the events unfold, the Lord is working to bring this level of repentance nationwide. We will soon see what level of repentance is legally required so to free us from this 7th captivity.

Scriptures: If you study the book of Judges, take special notice of the texts that talk about the deliverance of Israel to every captivity by a sending a Judge-deliverer. You will notice that there was an increasing level of repentance required on the part of Israel before any deliverance.

Literally speaking we are still under this 7th captivity that extended under Mystery Babylon. Spiritually speaking we are still under captivity of the “Babylonian-carnal-confusion” false teachings & system that is not in favor of our growth unless the Lord is interested some individual cases.

3. Transfer of Authority : Daniel 2 shows the big statue by which represents the 4 beastly Kingdom. The world and Israel have been under captivity of the overall BEAST Empires since Babylon was given authority. Today we are at the time of the toes or feet. When the small stone (our deliver) strikes the statue and grinds the entire statue to dust(whatever time frame that takes); then scripture says this authority that these Beastly Kingdom had over the earth is transferred to the "Saints of the Most High"(Daniel 7). These are the overcomers, the King-Priesthood(Melchisedek Order) that will reign on earth(Dan 2:35; Rev 5:10; 20:6) during the Millennium.

Law: Joshua(=Jesus) & Priesthood(=Overcomers) enters Canaan(=the world). They enter Canaan with authority from above to rule over the nation while establishing the Kingdom of God in the promises land.

In Deut 34:9 their is a transfer of authority from Moses(symb. of Jesus 1st coming and His death) to Joshua(symb. of Jesus 2nd coming before entering the promised land=world).

Scriptures : The book of Joshua and Daniel 2 & 7.

4. The 1st Resurrection of the Overcomers : The first resurrection happens at the Feast of trumpet. However, it is at the Feast of Tabernacle those alive are changed. So there's a small gap of time that encompassate the Day of Atonement-blowing of Jubilee trumpet for a purpose. This is a big subject with many scriptures. I am working on a post detailing this that reaches its climax at the 8th day of Tabernacle as a request from Mark. But for the subject at hand, it is important to note that the 1st resurrection is a restrictive resurrection that calls only the Leaders of the Kingdom.

Rev 20:4-6 “And I saw the thrones, and they that sat upon them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the soul of those who had been beheaded…who had not worshipped the beast…; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 This is the first resurrection. 6. Blessed and holy is the one who has part in the first resurrection;….they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Law: The command given to Moses to construct two trumpets(Num 10:4) which suggest two resurrection. The blowing of one trumpet summoned the priests and leaders (Num 10:4); whereas two trumpets blown summoned the whole congregation(Num 10:3).

Scriptures : The book of Joel, texts relating to 1st resurrection and relating to the reign of Melchisedek.

Other Reading : I will start another discussion about this subject and the 2nd coming with a focus on the 8th day laws and Tabernacle but will provide a link in this discussion (link) where Mark requested it.

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #179771
03/13/16 05:26 PM
03/13/16 05:26 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
I did a mistake last post by adding Event#4 with section A. I have rewritten it by including the Tabernacle TYPE from the story of Elijah and Joel 2 as a base to express this entire section B.

I’m sorry for this post to be so long. There were so many things to address here. I think the other two section-post will be much shorter and simpler for me to write. If anyone only wants to read a summary of what I think the Literal of the Spiritual application will be – just go to the bottom of each event and read the “Literal :” headline.

We know the first coming of Jesus was an Antitype of the Spring Feast. Now we expect that His 2nd coming will revolve around the Fall Feasts. There’s many pattern of the fall Feast found in the Bible. I’m using mainly the Elijah story with Joel 2 as the template for my interpretation of this section. The other patterns gives other good information of these events that I don’t refer here but I will in this discussion (link).

After reflecting on the 2nd coming being linked to the fall feast, I have renamed the Millennium AGE of Section B as “the Tabernacle AGE” by which it represents the Corporate Church spiritual growth Level during the Millennium. I think the Church’s growth level is a better name that appropriately represents the “change” that each AGE(Aion, Olam) undergo.

Below is a briefing of each age with the focus of what level of anointment they received, what type of SWORD they acquire to evangelize the nations in their age time, and their success level. This comparison shows the necessity for the Tabernacle anointment before Jesus 2nd coming.

Passover AGE : It covers the time from Moses to Jesus 1st coming when the Corporate Church was only a spiritual Babe that is represented by the Passover Feast with its circumcision(=accepting Jesus as Lord) and baptism during their corporate Passover experience. They didn’t enter the Pentecost spiritual level when they first arrived at the foot of Sinai and heard the Lord’s voice. They only could handle hearing the 10Cs and then “stood afar off”(Ex 20:21). That day was Pentecost. The congregation backed up from the presence of the Lord ,“ And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die. ”( Ex 20:19) It is true that hearing the Holy Spirit does kill our carnality of the flesh, but it never killed Moses physically when he “drew near the thick darkness were God was”(v.21) This resulted that Israel did not have the Sword of the Spirit when they entered Canaan; they only had the carnal sword. (see #5)This is the main reason why they failed miserably. It is interesting to note that the Lord coordinated Israel entrance in Canaan at Passover (Jos 5:10) showing their level of spirituality.

Pentecost AGE: From Pentecost to Jesus 2nd coming is when the Corporate Church received the Holy Spirit. When they came out of the upper room they had the sword of the Spirit by which 3000 men “died” (repented) that day with it. But because Pentecost is a Leavened Feast (Lev 23:17), they soon lost that powerful spiritual sword and the Church resorted back to the carnal sword as we have seen in the 1260years of RCC rules. The protestants treated the native Indians in America with the same carnal sword as the RCC and the Israelites. So no finger pointing. Nevertheless, this age represents an adolescent level of growth when we learn our Father’s business. Jesus expressed this level of faith-growth when He was around 12 years old as He was being trained by the Father before coming to the mature Priestly age of 30 to start His ministry. Also let us note that Paul said that the early Church only received an “earnest” deposit of the Spirit (2 Cor 1:22; 5:5; Ep 1:14) at Pentecost. It is at the Tabernacle fulfillment that the Church was to receive the FULL measure of the Spirit that will enable them to be successful. Thus the Passover Age and the Pentecost Age was not the appointed time and was an insufficient anointment to bring about the great commission to the World.

Tabernacle AGE : From Jesus 2nd coming to the Great White Throne Judgment AGE. Tabernacle is typified by living for 7 days inside a sukka(=tent=our body) made of living branches(=immortal robe). This is when the fullness of the Spirit is received by the Overcomers. That’s when they will receive that Sword of the Spirit and will not lose it and will succeed to fulfill the great commission.

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #179772
03/13/16 05:44 PM
03/13/16 05:44 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
B. Tabernacle AGE: The Rule of the Melchisedek Order

4. The 1st Resurrection of the Overcomers : The day of Trumpet was known by the Jewish circle as “the day of the Awakening Blast”. My view is the first resurrection happens at the Feast of trumpet. However, those that are alive are only changed at the 1st day of the Feast of Tabernacle. So there's a 14 days gap of time before these two groups of Overcomers get’s unified. The Day of Atonement is in between these two events. The purpose of the 1st resurr. event is to prepare the hearts of all the believers for the day of Atonement. It is important because it will bring much repentance amongst the Church leaders and members. I think Joel 2:12-18 indicates that the Church leaders will blow the Jubilee trumpet on that day. This is a big subject with many scriptures to go over. This is further detailed in another post that leads to the meaning of the 8th day of Tabernacle that Mark was interested in.

But for this subject at hand, it is important to note that the 1st resurrection is a restrictive resurrection that calls only the Leaders of the Kingdom as Rev 20:4-6 indicates.

Rev 20:4-6 “And I saw the thrones, and they that sat upon them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the soul of those who had been beheaded…who had not worshipped the beast…; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 This is the first resurrection. 6. Blessed and holy is the one who has part in the first resurrection;….they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Elijah Resurrect Widow’s Son :
Elijah’s fall feast pattern begins when he raised the widow’s son back to life (1Kg 17:17-24) and ends with the rain(=8th day of Tabernacle) that puts an end to the drought [of the word]. In between we have the showdown day in front of all the people so they could make a decision between believing the prophets of Baal or Elijah. This showdown was a Type of the Day of Atonement. I will develop this further down as I progress in the event #5 and #6. Coming back to the current event at hand, the widow nicely expresses the purpose of the 1st resurrection of the overcomers with these words: “Now by this [1st resurr.] I [the people will] know that thou art a man [the overcomer they meet] of God, and that the word of the Lord in your mouth is truth”(1Kg 17:24). In brackets are my addition to link her words to the 1st ressur.

Law: The command given to Moses to construct two trumpets(Num 10:4) which suggest two resurrection. The blowing of one trumpet summoned the priests and leaders (Num 10:4); whereas two trumpets blown summoned the whole congregation(Num 10:3).

Scriptures : 1Thes 4:16(notice trumpet is in singular form); Rev 20:4-6; 1Kg 17:17-24; Joel 2:1-11;
Other Reading : I will start another discussion about this subject and the 2nd coming with a focus on the 8th day laws and Tabernacle but will provide a link in this discussion (link) where Mark requested it.
Literal : Only the leaders[Overcomers] are raised. Those that are alive are changed 14 days later at the 1st day of Tabernacle.

5. Jesus 2nd Coming & War : The 2nd coming of Jesus happens in the middle of the Feasts of Tabernacle. This is indicated with two events by Jesus in the NT. But before that, is the Day of Atonement that I will cover here. It’s connection with the Feast of Trumpet is shown in Joel 2:1-11. To be brief the witnessing of those raise at the 1st resurr. will prepare the hearts for the Day of Atonement.

The Elijah Day of Atonement Pattern

Elijah said to the people “How long will you hesitate between two opinions? ” (1Kg 18:21) This was a great day of decision where people sat on the fence not knowing who to believe or just too scared to side with Elijah--the heretic -- that went contrary to their leaders by which caused a severe drought [of the word of truth] in the land. So when the prophets of Baal finished their big show with no results; by evening came Elijah’s turn. He first repaired the altar with 12 stones. The number twelve represents the divine government. It represents the overcomers who will rule with Jesus by which the fire[=law] of God is to fall on. After Elijah told the people to poor 12 barrels of water over the sacrifice and altar which may represent that they do not lack the Spirit of truth; Elijah made a simple prayer. Then a big manifestation of fire came down from heaven making clear the Lord’s choice of prophet to the people. In the coming 2nd coming fall feast events. It will make clear to the people who the Lord’s chosen leaders are (1Kg 18:8,9) and fulfill what Elijah said in his prayer “that this people may know that thou [art] the LORD God, and [that] thou hast turned their heart back again. ” This Elijah ministry to “turned their heart back again” is given in more details in Mal 4:6 “he will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers”. I think the “children” here represents the people; whereas the “fathers” represents the spiritual “fathers” of the pass like Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Elijah, Paul, and etc… -- those resurrected from whom the Word of the Lord came from. Thus it could be that the purpose of the 1st resurrection of the Overcomers and the showdown was to restore the believers trust in the chosen [spiritual] leaders[fathers] from whom the Word the Lord has spoken thru them throughout history. So to bring a great revival in the Church so they would know that this “Elijah company” [those resurrected] is really “of God and that the word of the Lord in your mouth is truth”(1Kg 17:24).

Right after the showdown, Elijah said “seize the prophets of Baal” and they slew them. Remember above, there are two types of swords : a)the carnal one that literally cuts off the head, and b) the sword of the Spirit that “kills” men by bringing them to repentance. I believe that these false prophets will repent with more weeping than the others.

The believers will recognize the authority given to the Elijah-Melchisedek company among them and they will work with them to support the kingdom during the Millennium.

We know after Pentecost in the book of Acts, the disciples went to all the world to preach the gospel. Pentecost had a small anointment that still accomplished great things. Of course there were also many failures. And the failure was even greater for those from the Passover Church. In both of these ages the Church failed to manifest the Love and character of God. But with the greater anointment of Tabernacle, the Elijah-Melchisedek company will accomplish greater things with great success with no failures. The Love and character of God will be fully manifested and will become “the desire of all nations”(Hag 2:7).

The Elijah Tabernacle Pattern

In 1Kg 18:43 it says Elijah had to pray 7 times for the rain. He only prayed one time for the fire; then why the need to pray 7 times? Since we are seeing a Fall feast pattern starting with the resurrection followed by a day of decision, then I believe this 7 times points to the 7 days of Tabernacle. It is possible that Elijah prayed 7 times -- one time on each day. Definitely not something we can prove by scripture. So whether it was 7 times in one day or in 7 days, then afterwards Elijah sent a messenger to say to Ahab to hurry to go to Jezreel so the heavy shower wouldn’t stop him. (v.44)

Jezreel was the name of a place but it was also the prophetic name Hosea gave to his first-born son. This word have two meanings : God scatters and God sows. God scattered the House of Israel but really He sow them in the field (=world Mat 13:38; 44) so to reap a great harvest yet to come. So for Ahad[=the Chruch leaders] and Elijah[=Elijah-Melchisedek company] to both go to Jezreel[=Israel who is sown in the world] indicates that the great harvest starts after the 8th day of Tabernacle. As Hosea & Isaiah prophesied that lost Israel[=Jezreel] will be found and restored while many other nations will be gathered with them as we read in Isaiah 56:6-8.
6” Also the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD, To minister to Him, and to love the name of the LORD, To be His servants, every one who keeps from profaning the sabbath And holds fast My covenant; 7Even those I will bring to My holy mountain And make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar; For My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples.” 8 The Lord GOD, who gathers the dispersed of Israel, declares, “Yet others I will gather to them, to those already gathered.

John 7:37-39 & Joel 2:23-32 : The Latter rain and the 8th day of Tabernacle Connection
In the 4 gospels, Jesus is recorded keeping the feast of Tabernacle only once found in John 7. Jesus told the disciple to go ahead of him to keep the feast. Then all of sudden Jesus appears in the middle of the Feast days in the midst of the Temple [an indication of timing & nature of Jesus 2nd coming]. Then on the 8th day of the feast, “ Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If any man is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.(Jn 7:37-39) Jesus prophesies that from the belly of the believers “shall flow rivers of living water”. That’s quite a statement and notice the water that will quench that drought of the word spoken in Elijah, comes out of the belly of believers. My understanding is it is from the “belly”[=inward parts – from experience] of the Overcomers that the “rivers of living water” will flow out of. It is from them, who are the body of Christ, that the people of the world will get their thirst quenched for the living word of God.

The fall feast pattern shown in Joel 2 starting with a blowing of the trumpet in v. 1-11 that points to the 1st resurr. Then v.12-18 talks about “turn ye…fasting…weeping…. mourning” (v.12) that can only be referring to the Day of Atonement. There’s another blowing of the trumpet in v.15 that can only be the Jubilee trumpet that is blown only on the day of Atonement. The rain that comes afterwards in v. 23-32, according to the feast pattern, can only be the result of the 8th day of Tabernacle Feast like Jesus prophesy in John 7:38 which is also the same rain that comes after 7 times in the story of Elijah. All these 3 Fall Feast patterns ends with the rain.

Joel 2:23 make an association of the “rain “(moreh=teachers) with righteousness that some scholars have translated as “teachers for righteousness”. I think that is a correct translation that to me the 3 texts discussed above seems to be pointing to. And this rain is said in Joel 2:24-27 to cause much [spiritual]food in the land. Peter quotes Joel 2:28-32 entirely in relation to the Pentecost event when the Holy Spirit(rain) came down on the people. Pentecost was only a dim picture of what will come at Tabernacle. In addition we read in Joel 3:12-16 specifying that it is the heathen that is the recipient of the rain and becomes awakened. That makes sense since the Elijah story points to the believer’s time to believe is at the day of Atonement; whereas the unbelievers is at the time at the 8th day of Tabernacle.

Jesus 2nd coming described in Rev 19 : Let’s now bring the story of Elijah, Joel 2, and what Jesus said in John 7 together with Jesus 2nd coming described in Rev 19.

“11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war….13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

We all agree this is talking about Jesus 2nd coming. I put this event at the timing after the 8th day of Tabernacle. The army with Him, I believe is His Priesthood for they are ” clothed in fine linen”. Notice that His name is “The Word of God”. Usually the name God presents Himself symbolizes the purpose of His appearance and what He’s going to do. This view is supported in v.15 by saying that “out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword”. We know this represents the Sword of the Spirit. It is this sword that the Israelite lacked when they entered Canaan(=World). But the Melchisedek Priesthood will have the sword of the Spirit and will use it wisely to “smite the nations” with it. I don’t believe the nations will be killed physically for the sword is not a physical sword it is the tongue of Jesus = His Word. This prophesies of the greatest Evangelistic crusade that history will ever see.

The WAR at Jesus 2nd Coming : Since the 2nd coming of Jesus starts at a Sabbath Millennium, I do not think the works of men will be judge during that Millennium. Thus, I think the war in Rev 19:17-21 is about recognizing & accepting the Melchisedek Priesthood that the Lord has given the authority over all the earth. I have another Biblical source for this believe and it is based in understanding the purpose of the Judgment of Canaan back in Joshua’s time which is the Type of His 2nd coming. I won’t go into it here, but in brief the judgment was about usurping authority and not recognizing the Lord’s governing body.

Of course the heathen rulers, who weren’t with the believers during the Day of Atonement, will need some convincing to accept the Melchisedek Priesthood authority. Here we need to study the laws of wars describes in Deut 20 to know how the Lord proceeded in the past and according to His law. But briefly a holy war is always conducted by first giving an explanation of the Lord’s judgment, then offering a Peace resolution, giving time for the judged party to reflect and respond. If they accept the peace resolution they are not destroyed and are absorbed into the Kingdom.

These are online outlines based on what the law expresses of the Lord’s way. How the Melchisedek Priesthood will proceed under the Lord’s leading and when and on who (groups, nations, etc.???) will they engage is still to be known. But I think that the Lord will be wise declaring a peace resolution that will be very reasonable. But in the case that some will reject the resolution, then that’s when they need to face destruction[humility]. I don’t know how it will be.

Then if there’s a war necessary, as far as my understanding goes its not done by warring “against flesh and blood”(Eph 6:12). From what I’ve seen from the spiritual warfare conducted by the Church involve in the fall of Mystery Babylon, it was all done in the heavenly court. Not once, did it require any physical flesh to flesh type of warfare. It was all done via spiritual warfare and yet it was successful to bring Mystery Babylon the Great down before our eyes. That is a huge subject of its own that I won’t attempt to describe. Nor this is an easy subject for us to grasp. However those that are interested to read what I’m referring to can read the past spiritual warfare log that took place between 1981 – 2008 in the book Wars of the Lord.

Law: The book of Joshua & the Fall Feast pattern. The War will follow the ways of Deut 20.
Scriptures : Elijah fall feast pattern 1Kg 17 & 18; Joel 2 fall feast pattern, Jesus keeping the fall feast in John 7, and Jesus 2nd coming in Rev 19. Lies (false prophets) swept away by waters Is 28:17;
Literal : Jesus 2nd coming happens at the feast of Tabernacle and on the 8th day, the Overcomers receive the “rain” so they become “teachers of righteousness” to quench the thirst for the Word of God to the World. Jesus 2nd coming will be the greatest Evangelistic crusade that history will ever see. The judgment over the nations will be concerning accepting the Melchisedek Order authority. When war is required, it will be conducted according to Deut 20. If the peace treaty is rejected, then a spiritual warfare (resolve conflict in the Heavenly court) could be conducted so the Lord pronounced some sort of judgment that will be manifested on earth in some form and in His time.

6. The Lake of fire -- The Beast and the False prophet Cast Alive : Rev 19:20 says that the beast (=the Babylonian system) and the false prophet (=the system propaganda lying machine via mainstream media, movies, tempered historical account, etc..) that deceived the world will be “cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone”. I don’t believe these false prophets here are the same as the ones in the Elijah story who where the false prophets hired by King Ahab’s(church Leaders) wife Jezebel. For Elijah story, I think it can also represent the false doctrines insides all denominations. Whereas the false prophets of Rev 19:20, are those that are employed by the beast(=the Babylonian system) to keep their system lying propaganda machine going that touches every sector of our society including the infiltration in our churches. The people that contributed to this machine and system can repent whereas the Beastly system and lies that this Babylonian machine produced and have become part of our thinking and works probably needs to be burn “alive”. This could means that the system and all these lies that makes up deeply our whole societies fabric and ways of living will need to be addressed and burned one by one as the people learn of the Lord's Kingdom ways exposing the futility of the beast system and lies throughout the Millennium.

Law: ?
Scriptures : Ezek 24:12
Literal : Perhaps the Beast System with its “Babylon’s lying propaganda machine” will be burn “alive”. For the way of life resulting from the beast system & lies is heavily embedded in society ways and programmed in our minds. It needs to be addressed and burned one by one as the people(the unbelievers) learn about the truth of God's Kingdom and His ways throughout the Millennium.

7. The Sabbath Millennium : Daniel 2:35 and the book of Joshua both tells us that the Kingdom of God was/will be establish a little at a time. Daniel 2:35 says that the Kingdom started as a stone that grew to become a great mountain, that increased in size until it filled the whole earth. This could mean that it will take the whole Millennium for the Kingdom to occupy the whole earth. It’s not going to happen in one day. As the living water comes out of the belly of the Overcomers(John 7:38), eventually it will re-hydrate all the land(=people) and will cause plenty of [spiritual]food(Joel 2:18-27) to grow for all.

The great mountain[=kingdom] of the Lord will be above all other mountains[=nations kingdoms] and the people shall want to go to the Lord’s great mountain and learn God’s law.

AV Isa 2:2 “And it shall come to pass in the last days, [that] the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Law: Function of the Priests to teach and intercede for the people in the law.

The Jubilee law does release all the slaves from having to pay their debt on the Sabbaths. Their debts are not cancelled, but it is a forebearance of debt on the 7th day, 7 feast days, 7th year, and 7th Millennium. They resume their slave-debt-working once these Sabbaths are over.

In the case of the slaves that refuses their freedom and returns to the house of their Master saying ” I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free: ” Ex 21:5 is the prophetic type of the Overcomers. They refuse to be freed because they have learned to agree with their Master’s ways(laws) and found that His laws are good while being in captivity and have grown to love who He is. The “wife” represents the Church that the Lord gave him and the “children” are his fellow members. So the Master bore His slave’s ear to the door[=Jesus](Ex 21:6) by which represents the slaves ability to hear perfectly Jesus.

Jesus refers to Ex 21:5 in John 8:35-36 by saying “And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. ” A servant will leave the house once freed; but a son stays in His Father’s house for ever. The slaves that returns are Sons. Thus true freedom does not come when our captivity ends; and we are freed to go; but it is when we become Sons that agrees with their Father’s laws, ways, and business. He returns to His Master’s house forever to work along side with His Father in His business. The Priesthood works on the Sabbath much more than any other days of the week. And even more during the Sabbath year of rest for the law says the Master are not to let His slaves freed empty. They need to provide for their servants needs (their food, clothing, etc) that were freed. Thus we have the Overcomers and the repented Church “Levites” that will continue to work during the Millennium Sabbath in ministering towards bringing others to this ultimate freedom only found in Jesus.

Scriptures : Daniel 2:35; Isa 2:2-3;

Literal : The Lord’s Kingdom increases gradually over the entire Millennium. The Kingdom of God is above other Kingdoms and the people will flow to the Lord’s mountain to learn His laws.

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #179773
03/13/16 09:39 PM
03/13/16 09:39 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
///

Elle, that is quite a lot of detail, MORE THAN what was revealed to John. Aren't you afraid that you are adding to the Revelation of Jesus Christ?

According to the Book, the millennium begins with the capture of Satan and ends with his release. The idea is that for a 1000 years, truth will triumph. We know this because concomitant with the capture of Satan, is the beginning of the reign of Christ alone; and with Him, a VERY special resurrection:

"Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years." (Rev. 20:4)

ONLY those who had been beheaded are raised to reign with Christ: NO ONE ELSE, until the end of the millennium.

My question to you is: do you plan on being beheaded, can you bring the days of the Beast and False Prophet into your lifetime, can you resist the Mark of the Beast that is not in your world? If not, then you are not part of the those that reign with Christ during the millennium. I'm sorry. But if your name remains in the Lamb's Book of Life, at the end of the millennium, you will inherit eternal life; otherwise not. Not everyone is saved; as it is written, "And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire -- this is the second death." (Rev. 20:15,14)

///

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: James Peterson] #179774
03/14/16 12:29 AM
03/14/16 12:29 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: James Peterson

"Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years." (Rev. 20:4)

ONLY those who had been beheaded are raised to reign with Christ: NO ONE ELSE, until the end of the millennium.

Jesus set the pattern of those who will be raised. Was Jesus beheaded?

Maybe, just maybe the book of Revelation is symbolic. Have you ever thought of that? Isn't there enough indications of that?

Have you ever read what the Lord Himself said to Aaron and Myriam in Number 12:1-8? He said He speaks to prophets in dark Speeches (riddles[=symbolism to be solve]) (v.8).

Well if you say we have to take the Revelation of Jesus Christ literally then --- Have you ate Jesus flesh and drank His blood yet? If not you will not be raised up. (John 6:54) And most of those that were literally beheaded, probably 100% of them didn't eat Jesus flesh or drank His blood. So I think there's many problems with your interpretation rule.

To me the beheading in Rev 20:4 means an overcomer needs to loose its own head by receiving a new mind & will -- the mind of Christ; thus receiving a new HEAD. Jesus is the HEAD of the body of overcomers.

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #179776
03/14/16 02:07 AM
03/14/16 02:07 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
///

There are two resurrections, separated by a millennium: the SPECIAL resurrection at the beginning, and the GENERAL resurrection at the end. You are obviously not part of the first (unless you plan on beheading yourself), but that in no way affects your salvation, and shouldn't bother you at all. Those are special people to God and Christ with whom He reigns. John 21:21-22 is worth considering, "Peter, seeing [John], said to Jesus, 'But Lord, what about this man?' Jesus said to him, 'If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me.'"

If you hold fast, you will be raised AFTER the millennium to receive your reward of eternal life. Take courage in that as a promise that will not fail. "And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire -- this is the second death." (Rev. 20:15,14)

Isn't your name written in the Book of Life? Then be faithful and it will remain. If not, you will surely die. Not everyone is saved. See John 3:16. ONLY the faithful will shine like the stars forever.

///

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #179796
03/14/16 07:52 PM
03/14/16 07:52 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
To me the beheading in Rev 20:4 means an overcomer needs to loose its own head by receiving a new mind & will -- the mind of Christ; thus receiving a new HEAD. Jesus is the HEAD of the body of overcomers.
So there are some raised who do not have a new mind and will (and not referring to after the millennium)?

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: kland] #179798
03/14/16 08:52 PM
03/14/16 08:52 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
So there are some raised who do not have a new mind and will (and not referring to after the millennium)?

No -- I believe that ALL that are raised at the 1st resurrection will be "beheaded"[spiritually speaking]. For sure some will had suffered a literal form of beheaded death before the grave, but most not. I do not believe that a literal beheading before death is a requirement to attain the 1st resurrection like James is proposing. To me it just doesn't add up with many other scriptures. If that would be so then that would means many like David, Joseph, Jacob, Moses, Paul, John, etc... won't make it just because they didn't die with a physical literal head chopping?

Well at least, that's my view... and I think our Church doesn't holds James view on this text either -- well at least I've never heard of it before. Actually I had never paid any reflection on this "beheaded" words in that verse before. So I'm grateful James brought it up. I had found myself agreeing with James many times, as I have seen him say some pretty profound things; but I'm not agreeing with this one.

But like all things...everyone needs to chew on this, look what other scriptures says, and go to the Holy Spirit with this and let Him tell you His interpretation.

Blessings
Page 8 of 32 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 31 32

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!