HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,632
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Daryl, Karen Y, dedication, Kevin H), 3,417 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Paula and Stephanie #17990
03/17/01 08:17 AM
03/17/01 08:17 AM
zyph  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Australia
I have an internet friend named Paula, who has told me of her plight, and would be grateful if people would pray for her and her daughter. Her daughter, Stephanie, is pregnant, and the baby is due in April. Her husband kicked her out of the house last week, and has moved another woman and that woman's children into the house in her place. Stephanie is beside herself with grief, and says she doesn't want the baby. (That's just how she feels, not what she wants.) Paula can't get near her to comfort her, and she is punching herself in the head, saying she's stupid and can't even keep a man. In the meantime, Paula's marriage to Stephanie's step-father is almost over. They have been receiving counselling, but it's almost certain that her husband will leave soon. She feels alone in the world, as her only close friend died some years back, and she has no-one to confide in. She comes from an awful background, and feels she doesn't have the resources to cope. Also, she and her husband are in financial trouble at present.
I would ask that you pray with me for these poor people.
Thank you.
Zyph.

Re: Paula and Stephanie #17991
03/22/01 09:35 PM
03/22/01 09:35 PM
S
Stephanie Suranyi  Offline
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
Gracious Father in Heaven,
We come to you at this time to lift up Paula and her daughter Stephanie in prayer. Lord, please stay by their sides as they go thru these ordeals in their lives. Please give Stephanie to understanding to know that this is not her fault and that she can draw strength from You. Help her as she prepares to bring this new life into this world. Lord, also watch over her mother that she may be able to help her daughter in some way. Please, Lord, send someone to help them thru this situation. As always Lord, we know that You know what is going on eve before we do and we know that everything happens for a reason. Lord, we do not know what these reasons are, but give Stephanie the courage to face these things knowing that You are by her side always and she can do ALL things thru You, who strengthen her.
Watch over this family and help them is our prayer in Jesus' name. Amen.

Zyph,
I just wanted to say that maybe mentioning a few Scriptures would strenghten Stephanie and her mom at this time. The ones that always help me are Phil. 4:13 and Prov. 3:5,6. The one in Phil. is the one I have had come to mind when I feel I can't do anymore (like when my son refuses to eat and I feel helpless.) He helps me thru it and I know He will help them. Also, I don't know if Stephanie has internet access or not, but if she does, feel free to give her my e-mail addy and she can write me when she wants to. I may not have the experience with what she is going thru, but I could still be able to talk to her, if she wants. Let me know, ok?

------------------
HE is coming SOON!
Stephanie

Re: Paula and Stephanie #17992
03/23/01 11:55 AM
03/23/01 11:55 AM
zyph  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Australia
Stephanie, how very kind of you. I haven't had any response from them in the last few days, but I will keep trying, and I'll pass on your e-mail if the other Stephanie agrees. God bless you.
Zyph.

Re: Paula and Stephanie #17993
03/24/01 06:43 AM
03/24/01 06:43 AM
zyph  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Australia
Stephanie -
I received an e-mail from Paula, who was delighted that people cared enough to do this. She hasn't told her daughter that she spoke to me, and so is reluctant to do anything with passing on your e-mail address. However, I copied your prayer and sent it to her. I also gave her your e-mail address, in case she wished to contact you herself. Although she is an older woman, I believe your kindness and sympathy would mean a lot. I don't know if she will. But thank you again. There are a lot of hurting people out there.

Re: Paula and Stephanie #17994
03/24/01 08:17 AM
03/24/01 08:17 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Dear Jesus

Please put Paula and Stepheni's names and their families names into the 40,000 + names you took from Roger Morneau's prayer list; and put them where You put those other names. Into the list of names engraved in Your golden jeweled plackard over Your heart as You minister in the Most Holy Place.

Please forgive the sins of both Stephenie's and Paula's husbands and Stepheni and Paula. Clear the way that your angels and presence may be lawfully implanted into their lives even in the face of these termoils.

Please enter into Paula's and her husband's and Stephenie and her husband's hearts and minds and open their spiritual and moral and intellectual understanding . Please build or restore in them the ability and willingness to make good choices and not bad ones. Please cause the men to surrender to You and restore their love for their lawful wives, and remove grudges and bitterness from them that was toward their wives and cause them to become disgusted with the sins that have enticed and seduced them into sin.

Please cause the women to indeed feel their helplessness, and become convinced of Your power and ability and willingness to save to the uttermost, even in this situation. Please send someone they are willing to listen to, with a Bible; who knowing You can and will show them Your promises and give them just the to the point personal testimonies they need to make right choices and recover. Please remove the bitterness and grudges in the women, that their husbands have caused and build or implant and restore love in these women for their husbands.

Please thwart the evil angels assigned to ruin these families, please assign extra holy angels to each of these family members and train each one of them for Your service I pray in Jesus name asking that He personally extend His authority to stop their downward spiral and raise them up to His pathway for them. Amen

Would these ladies mind being put in local SDA Church(s) prayer lists ? Please respond in this thread so all the readers would know whether or not to tactfully put them in public or private prayer lists.

Thank You

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: Paula and Stephanie #17995
03/24/01 12:28 PM
03/24/01 12:28 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
Our loving and most powerful heavenly Father,
We praise you for all you are and all you have done.
It is you, oh Lord, that made us and it is you O Lord, that sustains us in all we do.
You formed this world from your heart, and you hold it together.
Father, we would that nothing would be betweenus and you as we come tio you in prayer.
we claim the promise in 1John1:9, that if we confess our sins, you are faithful and just to forgive our sins, and that you will cleanse us from all unrightousness.

Father,we lift up these your 2 daughters.
Satan has chosen to buffet these two, and is attacking the foundation of their lives.
He has blinded them to you and your love, he has caused a split in their families, driving a wedge between husband and wife.
We claim the spilt blood of Jesus on their behalf, send down your Spirit that he may enter into their lives and enpower them in this fight.
Touch the hearts of their spouses, open their eyes and hearts, show them the error they embrace, and cause them to return to the home they are wrecking.
Rebuild and restore them to you and to each other.
Protect this unborn child, keep it safe in your arms through all this.
Hold Stephanie and Zyph in the loving, protecting circle of your arms.
Keep the adversary away, rebuke him and his angels of darkness. Chase them away from your children, and do not allow him to furthwer destroy what you have made.
Thank you, Father, for hearing this prayer,
in Jesus most precious name,
amen

Re: Paula and Stephanie #17996
03/30/01 09:02 PM
03/30/01 09:02 PM
zyph  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Australia
Paula e-mailed me last night. Stephanie is still living with her, and has settled down slightly, but Paula feels the situation is still unpredictable. She has given me more detail about Stephanie's husband's family, and there are a lot of awful things like drugs involved. But she said she (Paula) was planning to arrange another place to live, and when she told her husband, they talked - briefly. She hasn't moved out at this point, but feels he won't leave the TV to discuss their situation, and she says he shows her no affection. Their financial situation has had some relief with the re-organisation of bill payments, but her husband works on-call, and has had no work for a week, so things are still tough. My impression was that things were a tiny bit easier for her.
As far as having other people praying for them, I haven't asked directly, but Paula was grateful when I offered to mention her to other people for prayer, so it shouldn't be a problem. I guess I'd prefer it was done privately if names were to be mentioned, as I'd hate someone to recognise them or their situation. I believe the prayers already offered have done such good, that I'd be grateful for them to continue. These poor people don't have many resources. Thank you all very much. God can sort out any mess.

Re: Paula and Stephanie #17997
04/15/01 02:15 AM
04/15/01 02:15 AM
zyph  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Australia
I spoke with Paula today. Stephanie has settled down a lot, and has made copious amounts of baby clothes, so she is coping. Paula is very concerned now about her husband. He has lost a lot of weight in recent months, and after having a blood test, has discovered there is something wrong with his blood cells. Paula says the doctor thinks he has a cancer - possibly in his abdomen, but they're checking on Tuesday this week. Her husband didn't understand a lot of what the doctor was saying and hinting at, and she feels he's unaware, or in denial. But he's also been off work for three weeks, so money is pretty desperate, and Paula is the only bread-winner. She has asked me to continue to pray for her and her family, and I would ask that others do also. Thank you.
Zyph.

Re: Paula and Stephanie #17998
04/20/01 09:33 PM
04/20/01 09:33 PM
zyph  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Australia
Paula contacted me to let me know that there is no tumour, and now the doctor thinks her husband is very anaemic. He will be off work for several more weeks, and their financial situation is tight. She says they have enough food, but the bills are going to be too much. This woman is holding her family together, but the stress must be exhausting. Thanks for your prayers.

Re: Paula and Stephanie #17999
05/26/01 11:56 PM
05/26/01 11:56 PM
zyph  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Australia
I wanted to let people know what's happening for this family, and to ask that you continue to remember them in your prayers.
Paula's husband has just undergone quadruple by-pass surgery, and a valve replacement on his heart. He was suffering from a blood infection, which damaged his heart valve. He has a cyst on his liver as well. He will be in hospital until the 5th June, and off work for at least another 6 weeks (he drives trucks). The family has received about $100 worth of food from the local Adventist church. (I was able to get details from ADRA in the USA, and Paula phoned personally.) Paula was sincerely impressed with this help. However, they have a mortgage, and she's the only breadwinner. Stephanie's baby is now due in early June. Please continue to support them in prayer. Thank you.
Zyph.

[This message has been edited by zyph (edited May 26, 2001).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/15/24 09:27 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!