HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,286 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Do Miracles Happen Today? #179562
02/29/16 11:25 AM
02/29/16 11:25 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
We were reading the following in Sabbath School and it sparked a discussion:

Acts 2:16-18King James Version (KJV)

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

..when it occurred to us that if the Holy Spirit is being poured out as we have reached the end time, then why are our sons/daughters etc.. not giving prophecy.

So we then came across the following which then led to the question, do miracles happen today:

Acts 5:12-16King James Version (KJV)

12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.

13 And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them.

14 And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)

15 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.

16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

....if so, why are we not seeing these open miracles?

Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? [Re: Rick H] #179636
03/05/16 11:28 AM
03/05/16 11:28 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Sister White, says that "miracles are wrought" during the "Loud Cry".

I believe we are just entering the "Time of Shaking" and the inception of the "Sunday Law". The "Little Time of Trouble" and the "Loud Cry" are soon to follow...

"The angel who unites in the proclamation of the third message is to lighten the whole earth with his glory. A work of world-wide extent and unwonted power is here brought to view. The Advent movement of 1840-44 was a glorious manifestation of the power of God; the first message was carried to every missionary station in the world, and in this country there was the greatest religious interest which has been witnessed in any land since the Reformation of the sixteenth century; but these are to be far exceeded by the mighty movement under the loud cry of the third message. The work will be similar to that of the day of Pentecost. Servants of God, with their faces lighted up and shining with holy consecration, hasten from place to place to proclaim the warning from Heaven. By thousands of voices, all over the earth, the message will be given. Miracles are wrought, the sick are healed, and signs and wonders follow the believers. Satan also works with lying wonders, even bringing down fire from heaven in the sight of men. Thus the inhabitants of the earth are brought to take their stand." – {4SP 429.2}

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? [Re: Rick H] #179637
03/05/16 12:04 PM
03/05/16 12:04 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
It appears that the "Loud Cry" will begin close to the time that the "Image to the Beast" is formed. It is at this time that I believe we will see God's miraculous power poured out in earnest. The seeds that were planted in dryer times shall be swiftly ripened by the outpouring of the "Latter Rain"!

"...when the decree shall go forth enforcing the counterfeit sabbath, and the loud cry of the third angel shall warn men against the worship of the beast and his image, the line will be clearly drawn between the false and the true. Then those who still continue in transgression will receive the mark of the beast." – {Ev 234.2}

Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? [Re: ProdigalOne] #179639
03/05/16 12:41 PM
03/05/16 12:41 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne

I believe we are just entering the "Time of Shaking" and the inception of the "Sunday Law". The "Little Time of Trouble" and the "Loud Cry" are soon to follow...

"The angel who unites in the proclamation of the third message is to lighten the whole earth with his glory. A work of world-wide extent and unwonted power is here brought to view. The Advent movement of 1840-44 was a glorious manifestation of the power of God; the first message was carried to every missionary station in the world, and in this country there was the greatest religious interest which has been witnessed in any land since the Reformation of the sixteenth century; but these are to be far exceeded by the mighty movement under the loud cry of the third message. The work will be similar to that of the day of Pentecost. Servants of God, with their faces lighted up and shining with holy consecration, hasten from place to place to proclaim the warning from Heaven. By thousands of voices, all over the earth, the message will be given. Miracles are wrought, the sick are healed, and signs and wonders follow the believers. Satan also works with lying wonders, even bringing down fire from heaven in the sight of men. Thus the inhabitants of the earth are brought to take their stand." – {4SP 429.2}

Well I don't know about you my brother, but we have already gone through the "Time of Shaking" down here, our brand new church was taken over by what I can only kindly say are the unconverted agents of Satan, with its Spiritual Formation and Rock and Roll and a another gospel not of God. They called us the tares, the 'troublemakers of Israel', but God knows who are His children and who Satan is the father of.

Our churches in Miami are now setting up Rock and Roll services in the afternoon so they don't 'lose members' and our churches in the Caribbean and Puerto Rico are splitting into those 'who rock' and those who follow God. The "Time of Shaking" has come upon us and we have been caught sleeping..........it is time to awake from our spiritual slumber and light our lamps, the time is NOW its upon us.

Last edited by Rick H; 03/05/16 12:45 PM.
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? [Re: Rick H] #179641
03/05/16 02:41 PM
03/05/16 02:41 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Things aren't that bad here (yet), but then Alberta is quite conservative. At least outside of the big cities. I don't know about the rest of Canada. It's sad to hear how far downhill the churches in Florida have gone. It sounds like California is just as bad. One thing is certain, it's spreading like wildfire.

If you are indeed "the troublemakers of Israel", you are in great company.
Keep up the good works!

Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? [Re: Rick H] #179653
03/06/16 04:26 AM
03/06/16 04:26 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Rick H

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

..when it occurred to us that if the Holy Spirit is being poured out as we have reached the end time, then why are our sons/daughters etc.. not giving prophecy.

So we then came across the following which then led to the question, do miracles happen today:
16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

I think Satan has taken over that field.
The Pentecostal movement is deep into all of these types of things. Does that prove they are in truth?

Where does it lead? Does it lead to a neglect of serious Bible study and a dependence on supernatural display and excitement?

I do believe there will be real miracles and other great things in the future, but first God has to be sure we recognize the true from the false and any such display of miracles will be to His glory, not to a means into deception.

Quote:
Men under the influence of evil spirits will work miracles. . . . {Mar 148.3}
We need not be deceived. Wonderful scenes, with which Satan will be closely connected, will soon take place. God's Word declares that Satan will work miracles. He will make people sick, and then will suddenly remove from them his satanic power. They will then be regarded as healed. These works of apparent healing will bring Seventh-day Adventists to the test. . . . {Mar 148.4}
So far as his power extends, he will perform actual miracles.]Mar 207]
We are warned that in the last days he will work with signs and lying wonders. And he will continue these wonders until the close of probation, that he may point to them as evidence that he is an angel of light and not of darkness. {Mar 208.3}

Some will be tempted to receive these wonders as from God. The sick will be healed before us. Miracles will be performed in our sight. Are we prepared for the trial which awaits us when the lying wonders of Satan shall be more fully exhibited? Will not many souls be ensnared and taken? By departing from the plain precepts and commandments of God, and giving heed to fables, the minds of many are preparing to receive these lying wonders. We must all now seek to arm ourselves for the contest in which we must soon engage. Faith in God's word, prayerfully studied and practically applied, will be our shield from Satan's power and will bring us off conquerors through the blood of Christ. {Mar 208.6}

Even in the midst of the great deceptions of the last days, when delusive miracles will be performed in the sight of men in behalf of satanic theories, it is our privilege to hide ourselves in Christ Jesus. It is possible for us to seek and to obtain salvation. And in this time of unusual peril, we must learn to stand alone, our faith fixed, not on the word of man, but on the sure promises of God. {TM 490.2}

Through the agency of spiritualism, miracles will be wrought, the sick will be healed, and many undeniable wonders will be performed. And as the spirits will profess faith in the Bible, and manifest respect for the institutions of the church, their work will be accepted as a manifestation of divine power. {GC 588.2}

But God's people will also have miracles
Quote:
By thousands of voices, all over the earth, the warning will be given. Miracles will be wrought, the sick will be healed, and signs and wonders will follow the believers. Satan also works with lying wonders, even bringing down fire from heaven in the sight of men. Thus the inhabitants of the earth will be brought to take their stand. {CM 151.4}

Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? [Re: Rick H] #179660
03/07/16 02:11 AM
03/07/16 02:11 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Acts 5:12-16King James Version (KJV)

12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.

13 And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them.

14 And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)

15 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.

Excellent question Rick.

As I understand Peter's statement, it was never fully fulfilled! I don't believe it was all completed even in the time of the Apostles. So, I am one who believes it will be completely fulfilled in these last days.

Unfortunately, the are so many false miracles and miracles being lied about in these days that it would be hard for many people to even recognize a true miracle.

But, I am a witness to miracles of healing, in physical and spiritual and emotion, in my life and the lives of others.

Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? [Re: Rick H] #179661
03/07/16 02:17 AM
03/07/16 02:17 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne

Well I don't know about you my brother, but we have already gone through the "Time of Shaking" down here, our brand new church was taken over by what I can only kindly say are the unconverted agents of Satan, with its Spiritual Formation and Rock and Roll and a another gospel not of God. They called us the tares, the 'troublemakers of Israel', but God knows who are His children and who Satan is the father of.

Our churches in Miami are now setting up Rock and Roll services in the afternoon so they don't 'lose members' and our churches in the Caribbean and Puerto Rico are splitting into those 'who rock' and those who follow God. The "Time of Shaking" has come upon us and we have been caught sleeping..........it is time to awake from our spiritual slumber and light our lamps, the time is NOW its upon us.

I am sorry to hear of the falling away of so many people there Rick. I Praise God for those like you who have stood for truth so ardently. We see much suffering in the South Pacific Division as well over the Sabbath issue. I agree that the shaking is here as well, and I believe it is going to get much worse.

Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? [Re: Rick H] #180009
03/29/16 04:22 AM
03/29/16 04:22 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Has anyone heard of the "Demon Magicians" around the world?

I don't believe these aren't any more magic than those in the past. But, I do believe that they condition the world for the real lying wonders to come, and I believe will come soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4k8gp92Tag

Here is one example.

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!