HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,614
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 18
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,151 guests, and 23 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: Elle] #180148
04/10/16 03:12 AM
04/10/16 03:12 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

Elle said:

"As we all know, we are not at liberty to come up with a private interpretation; thus all interpretation must come from the Holy Spirit. And we all(not only prophets, but all believers) need to develop an ear to hear Him. Not an easy task at all."

You have posted about this before, Elle. I wonder if you would elaborate on how we are to obtain biblical interpretation directly from the Holy Spirit? Also, how do we "develop an ear to hear Him"?

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: ProdigalOne] #180150
04/10/16 06:09 AM
04/10/16 06:09 AM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne

Elle said:

"As we all know, we are not at liberty to come up with a private interpretation; thus all interpretation must come from the Holy Spirit. And we all(not only prophets, but all believers) need to develop an ear to hear Him. Not an easy task at all."

You have posted about this before, Elle. I wonder if you would elaborate on how we are to obtain biblical interpretation directly from the Holy Spirit? Also, how do we "develop an ear to hear Him"?

The Lord has given us in the food laws how to distinguish and avoid unclean [spiritual] foods from clean [foods]. I have briefly explained these laws in lower half of Post#178708. If you want me to expand on anything you read, let me know.

Blessings
Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: Elle] #180163
04/11/16 07:33 AM
04/11/16 07:33 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

Speculative, but interesting theory of food laws pertaining to interpretation.

If the cloven hoof represents a double confirmation of an interpretation by the Holy Spirit, how does this manifest? How does one know the Holy Spirit is confirming an interpretation?

Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: ProdigalOne] #180165
04/11/16 02:21 PM
04/11/16 02:21 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada

Speculative, but interesting theory of food laws pertaining to interpretation.

Do you have another interpretation for this law? I would be interested to consider it.

If the cloven hoof represents a double confirmation of an interpretation by the Holy Spirit, how does this manifest?

After asking the Lord in prayer for confirmation, we need to keep our ears & eyes & mind open for the Lord to reply to your prayer. The confirmation (=double witness) can be manifested in all kinds of different ways. It is important that you let the confirmation to be 100% initiated and produced by the Lord only. Since He is behind coordinating the unexpecting events in your daily life, He will bring something to your attention. It can be in the form of a newspaper headline, or a bulletin board that has a message, a person sharing something about the subject, the Lord brings the question in your own life and you live it, a dream, a vision, a small still voice that you heard, an strong clear audible voice, a leading to a particular study or scripture, .... or any event via anything that happens that relates to the question and speaks to you.

Whatever form the confirmation comes in, it has to highly relate to your inquiry and prayer where there's no doubt in your mind that it is the Lord speaking to you.

How does one know the Holy Spirit is confirming an interpretation?

I did answer this above. It needs to be initiated by the Lord and it has to relate to your question where you know(or potentially) is the Lord's answering to your prayer request of a confirmation.

I say potentially because I know for I have been seeking confirmation(double witness) from the Lord for over 5 years. And many times I've received something and I'm still not sure. It is not easy for many of us cannot differentiate the small still voice of the Lord apart from our own. Then we all can all be deluded in mis-understanding or mis-interpretating the double witness received as our heart idols (pre-conceived ideas) are very strong and are the main contributor to distort the voice of the Holy Spirit(Ezk 14:4).

However no matter how difficult it is for some (like me), this is the walk the Lord wants us to enter when we go thru that 2nd veil into the holy place Pentecost level of faith. That's where we need to learn to HEAR (shama) the voice of the Lord and to obey His voice.

Those that enter that 2nd veil are those that Jesus said of them "[color:#330099my sheep hear my voice...and they follow me[/color]" Jhn 10:27

Without hearing Him and receiving His teachings (1Jn 2:27) you are only one of those sheep that are lost.

Blessings
Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: Elle] #180166
04/11/16 03:37 PM
04/11/16 03:37 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
So if Green says the Holy Spirit showed him that God murders people but that doesn't mean He's a murderer, would you believe him? How is that different from an individual private interpretation?

Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: kland] #180167
04/11/16 05:29 PM
04/11/16 05:29 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
So if Green says the Holy Spirit showed him that God murders people but that doesn't mean He's a murderer, would you believe him?

Simply answered - No

1. I won't take anything from anyone as being the pure truth without FIRST chewing on it (meditating) and having a double witness (confirmation by the Holy Spirit). That includes anything I ponder in scriptures. ALL things needs to be tested even if that person is a proven leader (like Paul via the Bereans testing all that he said) even if in the past what came out of his mouth was shown correct. The chewing the cud time(=pondering) while studying allows the Holy Spirit to filter out things not from above and gives Him time to confirm or reject what was retain. In contrast, if we take everything said or written face on-- then we remove the necessary work of the Holy Spirit and we end up eating the flesh of men instead of Jesus.

2.If what Green said was something in the realm of possibility, or something that strike me that the Holy Spirit kept his statement in front of me, then I would ponder on it and study that specific matter and let the Holy Spirit do His work. Now while studying I may of perceived the Holy Spirit leading me to reject this part, but to retain this part, and while studying I received another part that Green didn't share... All of this gathering of pieces from the pondering and studying, needs to be confirm. Did I get it right? Was the correct part rejected, retained, and the additional piece all His interpretation? I will need a confirmation of what I think I have heard in some way. While I don't receive a confirmation, then I need to treat this as an assumption or potentially a heart idol that needs to be kept aside whenever I study.

3.BTW what you said above is this the sum of what Green is saying as I have ask him directly and he never answered. I didn't push for an answer since it was really irrelevant to the study of the word "ratsach" and for the study sake, that it was better for me not to know.

Originally Posted By: kland
How is that different from an individual private interpretation?

Private interpretation is whatever is not a confirmation or revelation from above to YOU PERSONALLY. Even if someone tells you that he receives a confirmation(double witness)...I won't disbelieve him and I know we all have our own heart idols (pre-conceived notions) that can corrupt the message to some degree. He could of received a revelation, but while he expressed it some of his unknown idols gets in the message. Thus if we can discern the individual's idols, then we can filter them out and get the word. The problem is always when the individuals express the dream or vision or the Word heard or interpretation received mixed with their own words and perceived thru their heart idols.

Despite let us assume it was a pure revelation spoken without any heart idols in the way; this food is still UNCLEAN to me and forbidden for me to swallow if I don't take the time to chew on it and receive my own double witness from the Holy Spirit.

Most people do not know about the importance of putting hearts idols aside; nor do they know how the Lord treats us if we don't. We assume that He will correct us by telling us we have this heart idol. That's a big assumption. He basically says in Ezk 14:4 that He will answer us by multiplying our hearts idols. So it's imperative to learn to put all potentially known hearts idols aside for if not, we will be totally blinded by them and deceived. Yes we can be deceived so far that we would swear on the Bible that our answer-interpretation came directly from the Holy Spirit when it reality it came from our hearts idols.

Blessings
Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: Elle] #180206
04/15/16 08:02 AM
04/15/16 08:02 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

Your method of obtaining a witness or confirmation from the Spirit seems rather ambiguous and extremely subjective. Such a process could easily lead someone astray.

During my early years I attended Penticostal and Charismatic churches.
There were many sincere, people there fervently seeking God's will and looking for signs. Large numbers of these sincere, honest, fruitful people found signs.
Most of them were eventually led by the "Spirit" and his "signs" to depart from the plain, clear, Word of God. All of them absolutely and truely believed they were following the will of the Lord.

I urge you to be extremely cautious of this method of obtaining a "sign".
You are placing yourself in the path of temptation.

If God wishes to communicate directly with you, I am certain He has a clearer way than a vague impression from a newspaper or the offhand comment of an acquaintance. Unless you are Mr. Spock from Star Trek, you have no choice but to interpret such "signs" through the filter of your emotions, even if only at a subconscious level.

Satan is the ultimate master of appealing to our emotions. It is how he deceived every single soul from Eve to Judas. It is how he seeks to deceive you and me.
I have been taken in by the "signs" doctrine myself and witnessed so many precious souls fooled the same way. The really awful and hard to shake part of this deception is that it seems so incredibly 100% right. And with every confirming "sign" it feels more and more right. But when "signs" are used to interpret Scripture, it is a sure recipe for disaster.

Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: ProdigalOne] #180207
04/15/16 08:59 AM
04/15/16 08:59 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient

Your method of obtaining a witness or confirmation from the Spirit seems rather ambiguous and extremely subjective. Such a process could easily lead someone astray.

There were many sincere, people there fervently seeking God's will and looking for signs. Large numbers of these sincere, honest, fruitful people found signs.
Most of them were eventually led by the "Spirit" and his "signs" to depart from the plain, clear, Word of God. All of them absolutely and truely believed they were following the will of the Lord.

If God wishes to communicate directly with you, I am certain He has a clearer way than a vague impression from a newspaper or the offhand comment of an acquaintance. Unless you are Mr. Spock from Star Trek, you have no choice but to interpret such "signs" through the filter of your emotions, even if only at a subconscious level.

Satan is the ultimate master of appealing to our emotions. It is how he deceived every single soul from Eve to Judas. It is how he seeks to deceive you and me.
I have been taken in by the "signs" doctrine myself and witnessed so many precious souls fooled the same way. The really awful and hard to shake part of this deception is that it seems so incredibly 100% right. And with every confirming "sign" it feels more and more right. But when "signs" are used to interpret Scripture, it is a sure recipe for disaster.

Well said, Prodigal.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: ProdigalOne] #180212
04/15/16 12:26 PM
04/15/16 12:26 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada

I disagree, but tell me how does the Lord confirms things to us?

Originally Posted By: ProdigalSon

You are misrepresenting what I said. Having a confirmation from the Holy Spirit does not involve SIGNS. I didn't even used the word SIGNS. To me signs is what Gideon did. Gideon said to the Lord what to be seen so to prove to him that it was the Lord speaking. Despite this is not the Lord ways of communication, He still honored that and still provided Gideon the SIGNS Gideon had chosen.

But what I specifically said in terms of receiving confirmation(double witness) from the Lord, it has to be 100% initiated by the Lord not by man. And it can come in multiple forms that has to highly relate to the question that there's no doubt in your mind that it comes from the Lord. If you label dreams, visions, an event that the Lord orchestrated in your life, or etc... to be SIGNS that are 100% initiated by the Lord, then you can call it the way you want. But personally I don't use that term SIGNS so not give confusion as that term is related to something MAN tells God what he should see.

The Lord has always communicated to His people in various ways throughout the Bible. Call it "signs"(your word not mine), but the point here the Lord communicates to His people thru double witnessing.

It simply works this way: First He gives the word to us, then He confirms(double witness) His word to us. If no confirmation is received, then the Word did not come from Him. It was our imagination or emotion (Mr. Spock).

Wow, you are trying very hard to find any fault.

OK an example. Let us say, the Lord brought you to study about Victim's Right to forgive. And then the Lord brought you to wonder if this applies to all Laws given to Moses. Meaning the victim of being stoned, or being stolen, or being murdered.... has the right to forgive the sin of their offender. Then the next day you pass by you read in the newspaper: Woman forgives Murderer of her husband. That's not subjective to your emotion, or subconscious level or in the zone of Mr.Spock -- NO.

The odds that this event to produced this specific headline in the Newspaper, and the odd for you to read that paper and see this headline, and the odd for you to read it in a TIME that is just after you have wondered about this ---- this is what I'm talking about. This is not subjective to your emotion or whatever. This is subjective to the Lord's SOVEREIGNTY to coordinate all of this, so to speak to you at that particular TIME. This is a non questionable Second Witness given to YOU personally. This is what I'm talking about.

I'm glad you are an expert in how Satan works.

But the point at hand is not about Satan communication skills, it's about the Lord and how He communicates to us so that we do not have a PRIVATE INTERPRETATION of His Word. I do assume that you know more about the Lord's ways than Satan's ways. Right. Maybe, you gave us Satan's ways to prep us for what you know about the Lord's ways. Good! Looking forward to read it.

So please let us know how the Lord can communicate to us what is the Holy Spirit interpretation? My ears are all open.

Blessings
Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: Elle] #180223
04/16/16 07:06 AM
04/16/16 07:06 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Elle said:
"I disagree, but tell me how does the Lord confirms things to us?"

"Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? [them that are] weaned from the milk, [and] drawn from the breasts.
For precept [must be] upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, [and] there a little:"
Isaiah 28:9-10

Personally, I believe "confirmation" of biblical interpretation is best obtained through prayerful study of His revealed Word. For example, upon first hearing the seventh day Sabbath teaching, the proper course would be to prayerfully examine every use of the word Sabbath in the Bible. Thirty-four years ago, my brother-in-law and I did this together and both accepted the validity of God's fourth Commandment.

Unfortunately, he subsequently returned to his Charismatic church and was led to reject obedience to God's Law, being convinced that this was salvation by works. A perfect example of your double confirmation method:

"It can be in the form of a newspaper headline, or a bulletin board that has a message, a person sharing something about the subject, the Lord brings the question in your own life and you live it, a dream, a vision, a small still voice that you heard, an strong clear audible voice, a leading to a particular study or scripture, .... or any event via anything that happens that relates to the question and speaks to you."

My brother-in-law read Ephesians 2:8, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:", and
Ephesians 2:15
"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances..."

He received "confirmation" or a "second witness" from his Charismatic pastor,
("a person sharing something about the subject"); yet another "witness" from ("a vision"); yet another "witness" from ("a small still voice that you (he)heard"); yet another "witness" from ("an strong clear audible voice"); yet another "confirmation" from ("a leading to a particular study or scripture")!

What was the result of following this method of interpretation? A fine, godly, young man deceiving and being deceived (shortly after this, he told me of his intention to enter the Charismatic ministry).

By the way, how exactly does using the word "sign" misrepresent what you said?
Elle, calling a random newspaper headline, or some random words from an acquaintance a "sign", may be my word; however, insisting that it is a "confirmation" or a "double witness" is just playing word games. It is the intended meaning that matters.

Playing with word definitions seems to be a favorite diversionary tactic for you.
Right out of the Jesuit handbook! Good luck with that.

Elle said:
"I'm glad you are an expert in how Satan works."

Peter and John, also knew the methods of the Enemy.
It seems that I am in good company.

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"
1Peter 5:8

"And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."
Revelation 12: 10-12

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!