HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, 1 invisible), 3,263 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
The rejection of the Investigative Judgement and apostasy of Desmond Ford? #181516
10/01/16 10:24 AM
10/01/16 10:24 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
I came across this article that EGW wrote, and it struck me that this was about the Investigate Judgement, how some would refuse to accept it and get stuck in their rejection and refuse to go forward with the light being shown by Christ....

"...In February, 1845, I had a vision of events commencing with the Midnight Cry. I saw a throne and on it sat the Father and the Son. I gazed on Jesus' countenance and admired his lovely person. The Father's person I could not behold, for a cloud of glorious light covered him. I asked Jesus if his Father had a form like himself. He said he had, but I could not behold it, for said he if you should once behold the glory of his person you would cease to exist. Before the throne I saw the Advent people, the church, and the world. I saw a company, bowed down before the throne, deeply interested, while the most of them stood up disinterested and careless. Those who were bowed before the throne would offer up their prayers and look to Jesus; then he would look to his Father, and appeared to be pleading with Him. A light would come from the Father to the Son, and from the Son to the praying company. Then I saw an exceeding bright light come from the Father to the Son, and from the Son it waved over the people before the throne. But few would receive this great light; many came out from under it and immediately resisted it; others were careless and did not cherish the light, and it moved off from them; some cherished it, and went and bowed down with the little praying company. This company all received the light, and rejoiced in it, as their countenances shone with its glory.

And I saw the Father rise from the throne, and in a flaming Chariot go into the Holy of Holies, within the veil, and did sit. There I saw thrones that I had never seen before. Then Jesus rose up from the throne, and the most of those who were bowed down arose with Him; and I did not see one ray of light pass from Jesus to the careless multitude after he arose, and they were left in perfect darkness. Those who rose up when Jesus did, kept their eyes fixed on Him as He left the throne and led them out a little way. Then He raised His right arm and we heard his lovely voice saying, "Wait here--I am going to my Father to receive the Kingdom; keep your garments spotless, and in a little while I will return from the wedding and receive you to myself."

And I saw a cloudy chariot, with wheels like flaming fire, and Angels were all around it as it came where Jesus was. He stepped into the chariot and was borne to the Holiest where the Father sat.

(Here we most definitely see the Investigative Judgement being described)There I beheld Jesus, as He was standing before the Father, a great High Priest. On the hem of His garment was a bell and pomegranate. Then Jesus shew me the difference between faith and feeling. And I saw those who rose up with Jesus send up their faith to Him in the Holiest, and pray--my Father give us thy Spirit. Then Jesus would breathe upon them the Holy Ghost. In the breath was light, power, and much love, joy and peace.

(Here are those who aren't connect or don't believe in and ultimate reject the Investigative Judgement) Then I turned to look at the company who were still bowed before the throne; they did not know that Jesus had left it.— Satan appeared to be by the throne, trying to carry on the work of God; I saw them look up to the throne and pray, my Father give us thy Spirit; then Satan would breathe upon them an unholy influence; in it there was light and much power, but no sweet love, joy and peace. Satan's object was to keep them deceived, and to draw back and deceive God's children.

(Could it be Adventist influenced by Desmond Ford) I saw one after another leave the company who were praying to Jesus in the Holiest, and go and join those before the throne, and they at once received the unholy influence of Satan. About four months since I had a vision of events all in the future. I saw the time of trouble, such as never was. Jesus told me it was the time of Jacob's trouble, and that we should be delivered out of it by the voice of God.

Then I saw the four angels cease to hold the four winds. And I saw famine, pestilence and sword--nation rose against nation, and the whole world was in confusion. Then we cried to God day and night for deliverance, until we began to hear the bells on Jesus' garment. And I saw Jesus rise up in the Holiest, and as he came out we heard the tinkling of the bells and knew that our High Priest was coming out. Then we heard the voice of God which shook the heavens and the earth, and gave the 144,000 the day and hour of Jesus coming. Then the saints were free, united, and full of the glory of God, for he has turned their captivity.

And I saw a flaming cloud come where Jesus' stood. Then Jesus laid off his priestly garment and put on his Kingly robe, and took his place on the cloud which carried him to the East, where it first appeared to the saints on earth— a small black cloud which was the sign of the Son of Man.

While the cloud was passing from the Holiest to the East, which took a number of days, the synagogue of Satan worshipped at the saint's feet....."

("Early Writings," pp. 55, 56; ed. 1907).

The passage is explained in Early Writings, pp. 242 to 261. Ellen White is talking about those who reject the truth that they are given. They were left in spiritual darkness. I think this points indirectly to the truth of the Investigative Judgement in the passage above as part of truth given to us. This is also in the Great Controversy, p. 422-489.
GC 430, 431---

"..It is those who by faith follow Jesus in the great work of the atonement who receive the benefits of His mediation in their behalf, while those who reject the light which brings to view this work of ministration are not benefited thereby. The Jews who rejected the light given at Christ's first advent, and refused to believe on Him as the Saviour of the world, could not receive pardon through Him. When Jesus at His ascension entered by His own blood into the heavenly sanctuary to shed upon His disciples the blessings of His mediation, the Jews were left in total darkness to continue their useless sacrifices and offerings. The ministration of types and shadows had ceased. That door by which men had formerly found access to God was no longer open. The Jews had refused to seek Him in the only way whereby He could then be found, through the ministration in the sanctuary in heaven. Therefore they found no communion with God. To them the door was shut. They had no knowledge of Christ as the true sacrifice and the only mediator before God; hence they could not receive the benefits of His mediation.

The condition of the unbelieving Jews illustrates the condition of the careless and unbelieving among professed Christians, who are willingly ignorant of the work of our merciful High Priest. In the typical service, when the high priest entered the most holy place, all Israel were required to gather about the sanctuary and in the most solemn manner humble their souls before God, that they might receive the pardon of their sins and not be cut off from the congregation. How much more essential in this antitypical Day of Atonement that we understand the work of our High Priest and know what duties are required of us.

Men cannot with impunity reject the warning which God in mercy sends them. A message was sent from heaven to the world in Noah's day, and their salvation depended upon the manner in which they treated that message. Because they rejected the warning, the Spirit of God was withdrawn from the sinful race, and they perished in the waters of the Flood. In the time of Abraham, mercy ceased to plead with the guilty inhabitants of Sodom, and all but Lot with his wife and two daughters were consumed by the fire sent down from heaven. So in the days of Christ. The Son of God declared to the unbelieving Jews of that generation: "Your house is left unto you desolate." Matthew 23:38. Looking down to the last days, the same Infinite Power declares, concerning those who "received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved": "For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12. As they reject the teachings of His word, God withdraws His Spirit and leaves them to the deceptions which they love...."

What is everyone's thoughts on this....

Re: The rejection of the Investigative Judgement and apostasy of Desmond Ford? [Re: Rick H] #181529
10/02/16 11:43 AM
10/02/16 11:43 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Rick H

My study indicates that the Judgment Hour of the dead in the Investigative Judgment was from 22 October 1844 through 22 February 1928. At which time the RC was dead.

The Judgment Hour of the living in the Investigative Judgment commenced 14 October 1929 and continued through 14 February 2013 while the RC was alive with one solo pope.

Thus we are in the final sealing time, but most of the brethren and sisters are totally unaware as to our place in prophetic history.

Some may be surprised by Ford's errors, but it might be like straining at a gnat while swallowing a camel.

no fallible human being has a monopoly on truth or error.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: The rejection of the Investigative Judgement and apostasy of Desmond Ford? [Re: His child] #181538
10/02/16 09:35 PM
10/02/16 09:35 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: His child

My study indicates that the Judgment Hour of the dead in the Investigative Judgment was from 22 October 1844 through 22 February 1928. At which time the RC was dead.

The Judgment Hour of the living in the Investigative Judgment commenced 14 October 1929 and continued through 14 February 2013 while the RC was alive with one solo pope.

Thus we are in the final sealing time, but most of the brethren and sisters are totally unaware as to our place in prophetic history.

The work of judgment which began in 1844 must continue until the cases of all are decided, both of the living and the dead; hence it will extend to the close of human probation. {GC 435.2}

The judgment is now passing in the sanctuary above. For many years this work has been in progress. Soon--none know how soon--it will pass to the cases of the living. In the awful presence of God our lives are to come up in review. At this time above all others it behooves every soul to heed the Saviour's admonition: "Watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is."
Mark 13:33. "If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee." Revelation 3:3. {GC 490.1}

Did the judgment close on February 14, 2013? Has probation closed?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: The rejection of the Investigative Judgement and apostasy of Desmond Ford? [Re: APL] #181539
10/02/16 11:23 PM
10/02/16 11:23 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: APL
Did the judgment close on February 14, 2013? Has probation closed?

The closing of the amount of time allotted to Judge the living has ended BUT is not the same thing as the close of probation. I will make an effort to share my current understanding.

The amount of time allotted for the Judgment of the dead and the living was a set amount of time that has ended. We are in the closing phase of the Investigative Judgment known as the sealing time. And we are just entering upon the Mark of the Beast.

The message is sounding that Obama will be the one to make the image to the beast and enforce its mark.

Think of the Judgment of the living as an open account. It has been balanced and settled, but not closed. When Christ says "It is done" every account will be closed. But because we have moved into the sealing time it does not mean that we cannot evangelize and make our profession of faith sure while the sealing angel is doing his final work. Folks can still accept Jesus or reject Him and change their destiny but their lives will not be reviewed from day one again, the account will be balanced as it is at the time Jesus declares it finished.

Those who have been judged in the Judgment Hour of the living are not dead when their case is decided, But Christ knows the current status of everybody.

Quote:
“Live and act wholly in reference to the coming of the Son of man. The sealing time is very short, and will soon be over. Now is the time, while the four angels are holding the four winds, to make our calling and election sure.” EW 58.2

Quote:
I ask you to study the fourth to the eighth chapters of Deuteronomy, that you may understand what God required of His ancient people that they might be a holy people unto Himself. We are nearing the day of God's great final review, when the people of this world must stand before the Judge of all the earth to answer for their deeds. We are now in the time of investigation. Before the day of God's review, every character will have been investigated, every case decided for eternity. Let the words of God's servant, recorded in these chapters be read with profit. {7MR 309.1}

We are admonished to read Ezekiel 9 & 10-11 and Deuteronomy 4-8

Quote:
I was pointed down to the time when the third angel's message was closing. The power of God had rested upon his people. They had accomplished their work, and were prepared for the trying hour before them. They had received the latter rain, or refreshing from the presence of the Lord, and the living testimony had been revived. The last great warning had sounded every where, and it had stirred up and enraged the inhabitants of earth, who would not receive the message. {1SG 197.1}

Quote:
I saw angels hurrying to and fro in heaven. An angel returned from the earth with a writer's ink-horn by his side, and reported to Jesus that his work was done, that the saints were numbered and sealed. Then I saw Jesus, who had been ministering before the ark containing the ten commandments, throw down the censer. He raised his hands upward, and with a loud voice said, It is done. And all the angelic host laid off their crowns as Jesus made the solemn declaration, He that is unjust, let him be unjust still; and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still; and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still; and he that is holy, let him be holy still. {1SG 197.2}

Quote:
I saw that every case was then decided for life or death. Jesus had blotted out the sins of his people. He had received his kingdom, and the atonement had been made for the subjects of his kingdom. While Jesus had been ministering in the Sanctuary, the judgment had been going on for the righteous dead, and then for the righteous living. The subjects of the kingdom were made up. The marriage of the Lamb was finished. And the kingdom, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, was given to Jesus, and the heirs of salvation, and Jesus was to reign as King of kings, and Lord of lords. {1SG 197.3}

Quote:
As Jesus moved out of the Most Holy place, I heard the tinkling of the bells upon his garment, and as he left, a cloud of darkness covered the inhabitants of the earth. There was then no mediator between guilty man, and an offended God. While Jesus had been standing between God and guilty man, a restraint was upon the people; but when Jesus stepped out from between man and the Father, the restraint was removed, and Satan had the control of man. It was impossible for the plagues to be poured out while Jesus officiated in the Sanctuary; but as his work there is finished, as his intercession closes, there is nothing to stay the wrath of God, and it breaks with fury upon the shelterless head of the guilty sinner, who has slighted salvation, and hated reproof. The saints in that fearful time, after the close of Jesus' mediation, were living in the sight of a holy God, without an intercessor. Every case was decided, every jewel numbered. Jesus tarried a moment in the outer apartment of the heavenly Sanctuary, and the sins which had been confessed while he was in the Most Holy place, he placed back upon the originator of sin, the Devil. He must suffer the punishment of these sins. {1SG 198.1}

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: The rejection of the Investigative Judgement and apostasy of Desmond Ford? [Re: His child] #181543
10/03/16 06:48 AM
10/03/16 06:48 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: His child

Some may be surprised by Ford's errors, but it might be like straining at a gnat while swallowing a camel.

no fallible human being has a monopoly on truth or error.
Can you post your 'study'.

Re: The rejection of the Investigative Judgement and apostasy of Desmond Ford? [Re: Rick H] #181576
10/05/16 10:56 AM
10/05/16 10:56 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Can you post your 'study'.

This is a brief overview

The Judgment Hour of the dead is the Investigative Judgment that began 22 October 1844.
How long is an hour?

Though the day for a year principle is true, it is not a one size fits all prophecy.

God limited the sin problem to 6000-years and 1000-years for Satan to be in the abyss= 7000-years.

There were 7-days of Creation

Ps 90:4 "For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday..."

2Pe 3:8 "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

Joh 11:9 "Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day?"

In Israel a day generally is from 6 AM to 6 PM, thus the day generally consists of 12-hrs.

Jesus established the length of an hour (1/12th of a day) and His Disciple, Peter, told us not to be ignorant: a day is 1000-years in God's sight.

1000 years/12= 83-years 4-months

The papacy began as God's Church and was listed In Revelation 2:18 as Thyatira.

Judgment message:
"I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not." (Revelation 2:21)

" And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works." (Revelation 2:23)

1Pe 4:17 "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"

The papacy received its deadly wound in 1798

The 83-year 4-month Judgment Hour of the dead (papacy) began as the Investigative Judgment on 22 October 1844 and continued through 22 February 1928. At which time the RC was dead having died in 1798 and it was dead throughout the Judgment Hour of the dead that ended 22 February 1928.

When the Judgment Hour allotted for the dead ended on 22 February 1928, it was time for the deadly wound to be healed.

Mussolini "healed" the deadly wound beginning February 1929 and the process was implemented over a few month through June 1929. Thus when the deadly wound was healed, the papacy was alive again in 1929. The Judgment Hour of the living (papacy) could not begin until it was alive again.

When did the Judgment hour of the dead (papacy) begin --On the DAY of ATONEMENT 22 October 1844. Thus the Judgment of the living (papacy) could only begin when it was alive (after June 1929).

The Day of Atonement in 1929 was on 14 October 1929.

The Judgment Hour of the living in the Investigative Judgment commenced 14 October 1929 and continued for 83-years 4-months through 14 February 2013 while the RC was alive with one solo pope.

The deadly wound was healed in 1929 during the reign of Pius XI and the papacy continued to have solo popes ruling for one hour (83-years 4-months) until Benedict XVI ruled for a short space that ended in February 2013.
(14 October 1929 to 14 February 2013 is 83-years 4-months)

The ending of the Hour allotted for the judging of the living means that the case of everyone who is alive who has professed Christ as Savior has been reviewed in the Investigative Judgment. Thus we are in the sealing Time when the Holy Spirit is to seal God's saints.

Quote:
Satan is now using every device in this sealing time to keep the minds of God's people from the present truth and to cause them to waver. I saw a covering that God was drawing over His people to protect them in the time of trouble; and every soul that was decided on the truth and was pure in heart was to be covered with the covering of the Almighty. {EW 43.2}

Quote:
the time of trouble, which is to increase until the end... We have no time to lose. The world is stirred with the spirit of war. The prophecies of the eleventh of Daniel have almost reached their final fulfilment. {RH, November 24, 1904 par. 8}

Quote:
My Dear Brethren and Sisters:--Let the commandments of God, and the testimony of Jesus Christ be in your minds continually, and let them crowd worldly thoughts and cares from the mind. When you lie down, and when you rise up, let them be your meditation. Live, and act wholly in reference to the coming of the Son of Man. The sealing time is very short, and soon will be over. Now is the time to make our calling and election sure, while the four angels are holding the four winds. {Broadside2, January 31, 1849 par. 12}

The Day of Atonement this year is 11 October 2016. We are in the Days of Awe (the ten days before the Day of Atonement for reflection on each of the Ten Commandments - an opportunity to repent of our sins daily as they relate to each commandment in preparation of having them removed from the record in the sanctuary).

We understand that the Jewish holy days are no longer binding because they have been fulfilled, but the Day of Atonement that began in 1844 won't be fulfilled until Jesus says, it is done. Thus it is good to be mindful of the fact that Jesus is pleading for us that we would remain faithful and be reminded that we are in the Day of Atonement.

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!