HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,598
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,200 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation #182111
12/11/16 12:50 PM
12/11/16 12:50 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
We came across the question of the 144,000 and the Great Multitude which No One Could Number. It cause some issues as we struggled with it as the Adventist view is not clearly laid out and Ellen White held back for reasons which will become clear.

We have the following views in Adventism:

1. That these two groups of people are one and the same. However, I find some problems with this:

Issues with this view.
A. The 144,000 is specifically named from the 12 tribes of Israel (Revelation 7:4) however, the Great Multitude comes from All Nations (Revelation 7:9)

B. The Great Multitude Could Not be Numbered (Revelation 7:9), however, 144,000 is a Numbered People (Revelation 7:4)

C. The 144,000 is specifically said to be those that "washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb",(Revelation 7:14), "Virgins", and "were redeemed from among men, being first fruits to God and to the Lamb" (Revelation 14).

2. That the 144,000 are just symbolic

The issue with this is fairly straightforward.
A. Why give a specific number if its symbolic.

B. Why separate them from the Great Multitude which No One Could Number, why not just leave it at that.

3. That the 144,000 are those that are living and the 'first fruits' raised up to meet Him when Christ comes, and the resurrected are raised up to join them in the air and both taken to heaven.

I like this answer the best and don't see any issues with it, but want everyone's thoughts and input.

Here is Revelation 7 King James Version (KJV) on the issue.

1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

And here is Revelation 14 King James Version (KJV):

1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Last edited by Rick H; 12/16/16 04:19 AM.
Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: Rick H] #182112
12/11/16 12:58 PM
12/11/16 12:58 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Here is the Biblical Research Institute with the view that they are one and the same:

"Ellen White affirms that the 144,000 are those that are alive at Jesus' Second Coming. They have been sealed and went through the great tribulation. Thus, Ellen White seems to confirm that the 144,000 and the great multitude are the same group. She also calls them "saints" which remind us of Rev 13 and 14. According to her the song of Moses and the song of the Lamb mentioned in Rev 15:3-4 are the song of the 144,000. This is the new song of Rev 14:3, which, however, is not recorded in that chapter. The characteristics of the 144,000 found in Rev are also attributed to them by Ellen White."

https://www.adventistbiblicalresearch.org/sites/default/files/pdf/144%2C000greatmultitude.pdf

Last edited by Rick H; 12/11/16 12:59 PM.
Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: Rick H] #182113
12/11/16 01:00 PM
12/11/16 01:00 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Here is the Adventist Review with the view that they are symbolic:

"The number 144,000 is a symbolic number that refers to the totality of God’s people living through the great tribulations and deceptions of the end-time. They come out victorious over the end-time challenges orchestrated by the antitrinity described in Revelation 12 and 13—the dragon that mimics God the Father, the antichrist, and the counterfeit Holy Spirit."

http://archives.adventistreview.org/article/2914/archives/issue-2009-1530/just-144-000-really

Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: Rick H] #182114
12/11/16 01:05 PM
12/11/16 01:05 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Now here is the viewpoint on the 144,000 as literal by Doug Batchelor on Amazing Facts:

"Now let's address the next big question. Is 144,000 a literal number? Well, perhaps I should answer that question with another question. Are the other numbers in Revelation literal? Will there be 12 gates and 12 foundations in the holy city? Are there really 12 different kinds of fruit on the tree of life? Yes, of course. Our understanding of the dimensions of the New Jerusalem is likewise based upon the assumption that these numbers are real.

Even the numbers used to describe prophetic time periods in the book of Revelation are precise measures. The numbers would be useless for reckoning if they were merely symbolic.

Although the number of the 144,000 may be exact, it will be humanly impossible to identify the individuals who make up this special group. When Jesus walked the earth, it was easy to determine His 12 most devoted followers. But the 144,000 in the last days are spiritual Jews, scattered across the circle of the earth and leading out in a magnificent revival.

Now some may be thinking, "How can you say that the names are symbolic but the number is literal?" It's simple. Jesus did. He did not seem to care which tribes the 12 apostles came from, but He did purposely choose 12 of them. Also remember that all of the numbers in Revelation depict a specific value, while all the proper names in Revelation are symbols (the Lamb, the Dragon, the Lion, Balaam, Jezebel, etc.).

For these reasons and others, I believe the number 144,000 is a precise figure. Just as there were actually 12 literal tribes in the Old Testament and exactly 12 apostles in the New Testament, there will be 12 times 12,000 spiritual apostles in the last days."

http://www.amazingfacts.org/news-and-features/inside-report/magazine/id/10751/t/who-are-the-144-000

Last edited by Rick H; 12/11/16 01:06 PM.
Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: Rick H] #182115
12/11/16 01:07 PM
12/11/16 01:07 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Now here is the Ellen White Estate on what SOP gives us:

"Counsel Regarding the Question of the 144,000

Here is Ellen G. White's basic statement on the 144,000 of Revelation 7 and 14:

Upon the crystal sea before the throne, that sea of glass as it were mingled with fire,--so resplendent is it with the glory of God,--are gathered the company that have "gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name." With the Lamb upon Mount Zion, "having the harps of God," they stand, the hundred and forty and four thousand that were redeemed from among men; and there is heard, as the sound of many waters, and as the sound of a great thunder, "the voice of harpers harping with their harps." And they sing "a new song" before the throne, a song which no man can learn save the hundred and forty and four thousand. It is the song of Moses and the Lamb--a song of deliverance. None but the hundred and forty-four thousand can learn that song; for it is the song of their experience--an experience such as no other company have ever had. "These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever He goeth." These, having been translated from the earth, from among the living, are counted as "the first fruits unto God and to the Lamb." Revelation 15:2, 3; 14:1-5. "These are they which came out of great tribulation;" they have passed through the time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation; they have endured the anguish of the time of Jacob's trouble; they have stood without an intercessor through the final outpouring of God's judgments. But they have been delivered, for they have "washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." "In their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault" before God. "Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple: and He that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them." They have seen the earth wasted with famine and pestilence, the sun having power to scorch men with great heat, and they themselves have endured suffering, hunger, and thirst. But "they shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes." Revelation 7:14-17. (The Great Controversy, pp. 648, 649)

A Non-Essential Question

"Christ says that there will be those in the church who will present fables and suppositions, when God has given grand, elevating, ennobling truth, which should ever be kept in the treasure-house of the mind. When men pick up this theory and that theory, when they are curious to know something it is not necessary for them to know, God is not leading them. It is not His plan that His people shall present something which they have to suppose, which is not taught in the Word. It is not His will that they shall get into controversy over questions which will not help them spiritually, such as who is to compose the hundred and forty-four thousand. This those who are the elect of God will in a short time know without question.

"My brethren and sisters, appreciate and study the truths God has given for you and your children. Spend not your time in seeking to know that which will be no spiritual help. 'What shall I do to inherit eternal life?' This is the all-important question, and it has been clearly answered. 'What is written in the law? How readest thou?'"--Selected Messages, book 1, pp. 174, 175.

Strive to Be Among the 144,000

"Let us strive with all the power that God has given us to be among the hundred and forty-four thousand. And let us do all that we can to help others to gain heaven."--Review and Herald, March 9, 1905.

Mrs. White and the 144,000

"The Lord has given me a view of other worlds. Wings were given me, and an angel attended me from the city to a place that was bright and glorious. The grass of the place was living green, and the birds there warbled a sweet song. The inhabitants of the place were of all sizes; they were noble, majestic, and lovely. They bore the express image of Jesus, and their countenances beamed with holy joy, expressive of the freedom and happiness of the place. . . . I begged of my attending angel to let me remain in that place. I could not bear the thought of coming back to this dark world again. Then the angel said, 'You must go back, and if you are faithful, you, with* the 144,000, shall have the privilege of visiting all the worlds and viewing the handiwork of God.'"--Early Writings, pp. 39, 40.

*Note: Observe that the promise was given to Mrs. White that if she was faithful, she with the 144,000 would have certain privileges.

Mrs. Hastings to Be With the 144,000

"I saw that she [Mrs. Hastings, who had just died] was sealed and would come up at the voice of God and stand upon the earth, and would be with the 144,000. I saw we need not mourn for her; she would rest in the time of trouble."--Letter 10, 1850 (2SM 263).

Silence is Eloquence

[The following letter from C. C. Crisler, leading secretary in Mrs. White's office, addressed to Elder E. E. Andross, president of the Pacific Union Conference, was called forth by a request from him to Sister White for any light she might have bearing on the teachings of Dr. B. E. Fullmer of Los Angeles, that the 144,000 will be made up of Americans only, none from other lands.]

"Elmshaven, Sanitarium, California

December 8, 1914

Elder E. E. Andross
Box 146
Glendale, California

Dear Brother Andross:

During the few minutes remaining of the noon hour before close of mails, after receiving your special delivery letter of inquiry, I sent you a hurried reply to your communication, promising further word by wire. Tonight I am sending [you] the following telegraphic letter:

"'Mrs. White instructs me to inform you she has no light further than that the presentation of uncertainties as certainties, and the urging of mysteries as revealed truths, is perilous and leads to disappointment. She suggests building on Holy Scriptures, the true foundation, rather than on personal conjecture.--C. C. Crisler.'

"When reading the letter to Sister White, and listening to her remarks in response, I had with me as a witness Elder D. E. Robinson.

"'I have no light on the subject,' she said, upon hearing the letter. 'It is a very delicate time in which we are living--a time when we must individually cling to the Lord with all the powers of our being.' She said further:

"'Those who urge theories regarding matters that are not revealed, are placing themselves where they are in peril of meeting with disappointments. "Hide yourself in God; hide your mysteries in God"--these words have been repeated during the night season, over and over again. From the fist, I have been instructed that the Lord Jesus can give counsel that will not bring disappointment.

"'Please tell my brethren that I have nothing presented before me regarding the circumstances concerning which they write, and I can set before them only that which has been presented to me.

"'There are those who attempt to deal with uncertainties as certainties; and when they reach this position, they are where it is possible for the enemy to use them.

"'In the past, light has been given me repeatedly that when a crisis arises, we are to take the counsel of God, and trace interestedly every item that presents the truth in its verity.

"'The greatest help will come when we see the influence of the teachings of the Holy Scriptures. Their influence is to lead us to stand on an exalted basis, where we will build our faith and the faith of others, not on this one's say-so, and that one's say-so, and another one's say-so, but on the real foundation, the Word of the living God.'

"I have tried to write out from my notes the words spoken by Sister White after listening to your letter and to portions of the letter written by me, also to my hastily written reply to you. By no word or sign did Sister White attempt to say which party is right and which party is wrong. In no wise did she make any comment on my letter to you, and, so far as we could understand, in no wise did she attempt to interpret or explain that which she has written in former years regarding the 144,000. But, rising above mere detail, she outlined the principles set forth above.

"I have nothing to add to that which I wrote at noon. Yes, there is one comment Sister White did make when I was reading to her my letter. She expressed pleasure over the fact that I had included in my letter to you the words, 'On the matter of the exact meaning of the 144,000 Sister White was repeatedly instructed us that "silence is eloquence."'

"She also commented favorably upon hearing the words with which I closed: 'So far as I now know, no one knows the full truth of the matter, nor will we know until we are on the other side of Jordan.'

"I feel confident, Elder Andross, that the brethren in Southern California will find blessing in reviewing the teachings of Scripture concerning the 144,000, and bringing to bear upon these teachings whatever light there may be in the published writings of Sister White. And as prayerful consideration is given the matter in all its bearings, I believe that God will make the truth sufficiently clear to make possible the avoidance of needless and unprofitable controversy over questions not vital to the salvation of precious souls.

"With kindest regards, and praying that God may given breadth of sympathy was well as clarity of vision to those called upon to handle this perplexing problem that has arisen, I am as ever,

"Yours truly,

C. C. Crisler"

Ellen G. White Estate
December 21, 1964
Revised September, 1990"

http://www.whiteestate.org/issues/144000.html

Last edited by Rick H; 12/12/16 11:31 AM.
Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: Rick H] #182116
12/11/16 10:40 PM
12/11/16 10:40 PM
G
glenm  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018
Posting New Member
Colorado, USA
A couple of points.

1. The SOP says that the 144,000 are "singled out", and such a designation would lose its meaning if applied to all the redeemed. Here is the quote:

Quote:
Why were they [the 144,000] so specially singled out? Because they had to stand with a wonderful truth right before the whole world, and receive their opposition, and while receiving this opposition they were to remember that they were sons and daughters of God, that they must have Christ formed within them the hope of glory. They were ever keeping in view the great and blessed hope that is before them. What is it? It is an eternal weight of glory. Nothing could surpass it. {1SAT 72.3}

The original of this quote can be found in Ms13-1888, available online.

2. The SOP uses the phrase "the living saints, 144,000 in number" approximately a dozen times.

3. We know from what happened at Pentecost that a literal number of 144,000 is sufficient to do a particular work, given that they're under the power of the latter rain. I find the following quote interesting in this regard:

Quote:
You are getting the coming of the Lord too far off. I saw the latter rain was coming as [suddenly as] the midnight cry, and with ten times the power. {SpM 4.3}

Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: glenm] #182120
12/12/16 11:40 AM
12/12/16 11:40 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: glenm
A couple of points.

1. The SOP says that the 144,000 are "singled out", and such a designation would lose its meaning if applied to all the redeemed. Here is the quote:

Quote:
Why were they [the 144,000] so specially singled out? Because they had to stand with a wonderful truth right before the whole world, and receive their opposition, and while receiving this opposition they were to remember that they were sons and daughters of God, that they must have Christ formed within them the hope of glory. They were ever keeping in view the great and blessed hope that is before them. What is it? It is an eternal weight of glory. Nothing could surpass it. {1SAT 72.3}

The original of this quote can be found in Ms13-1888, available online.

2. The SOP uses the phrase "the living saints, 144,000 in number" approximately a dozen times.

3. We know from what happened at Pentecost that a literal number of 144,000 is sufficient to do a particular work, given that they're under the power of the latter rain. I find the following quote interesting in this regard:

Quote:
You are getting the coming of the Lord too far off. I saw the latter rain was coming as [suddenly as] the midnight cry, and with ten times the power. {SpM 4.3}

I would agree that they are 'singled out' as they will have to stand directly against the 'opposition' which will be extreme as most of the redeemed will not survive the time such as never was, like all the Christians killed at the stake and through the page Roman Empire and Papal Rome, many will not survive it.

Secondly its clear from SOP that they are the 'living saints' but there may be a vast majority who are laid to rest at this time so are not living when Christ comes. The very elect would be wiped out or deceived if not for the days being "shortened".

Last edited by Rick H; 12/12/16 11:51 AM.
Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: Rick H] #182121
12/12/16 11:48 AM
12/12/16 11:48 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
We also read the following in Revelation:

7:14 "Washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb"
So its Christians that are perfect, purified and cleansed, with the robe of Christ's righteousness.

14:3 "were redeemed from the earth"
Christians that are saved and redeemed by Jesus Christ

14:4 "they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins"

Christians that are not committing fornication by worshipping the false doctrine of the beast or the harlot.

14:4 "they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth"

Christians that are disciples or followers of Jesus.

14:5 "in their mouth was found no guile"
Christians that are transparent and truthful, with no hint of deceit.

14:5 "they are without fault before the throne of God." Christians that are without fault or perfect, because they have put on the robe of Christ's Righteousness.

14:12 "they that keep the commandments of God"
Christians that are keeping the commandments, so this must also include the Sabbath.

14:12 They keep "the faith of Jesus"
Christians that are following in faith, in the example given by Christ.

Now Adventist tend to use Revelation 12:17,
"And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

So they say these have to have Ellen Whites writings, but I would disagree.

Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: Rick H] #182133
12/13/16 11:39 AM
12/13/16 11:39 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
So lets go over the 144,000, their relationship to us as Seventh-Day Adventists, and how we may become a part of this great company.

Revelation 7King James Version (KJV)

7 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

So we have the following here in Revelation 7:
A. Four symbolic winds are being held by four angels
B. An angel comes from the east with the seal of God
C. The winds cannot be let loose until the 144,000 are sealed
D . The 144,000 are a very special company

So what do the four winds symbolize?

"The time is coming when we cannot sell at any price. The decree will soon go forth prohibiting men to buy or sell of any man save him that hath the mark of the beast. We came near having this realized in California a short time since; but this was only the threatening of the blowing of the four winds. As yet they are held by the four angels. We are not just ready. There is a work yet to be done, and then the angels will be bidden to let go, that the four winds may blow upon the earth. That will be a decisive time for God's children, a time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation. Now is our opportunity to work. "5T 152:2

Here we are told that the symbolic winds represent the “time of trouble such as never was” (Dan. 12:1) -- the “mark of the beast” decree or the “Sunday-Blue Laws.”
Thus, the 144,000 have to be sealed before the mark of the beast. Since the “mark of the beast decree is just ahead of us, this indicates that the 144,000 are being sealed today

Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: Rick H] #182136
12/14/16 02:50 AM
12/14/16 02:50 AM
G
glenm  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018
Posting New Member
Colorado, USA
Originally Posted By: Rick H
Since the "mark of the beast" decree is just ahead of us, this indicates that the 144,000 are being sealed today.

There are a couple of SOP quotes that I often come back to, that describe what is necessary to receive the seal described in Revelation 7:1-4.

Quote:
Now, while our great High Priest is making the atonement for us, we should seek to become perfect in Christ. Not even by a thought could our Saviour be brought to yield to the power of temptation. Satan finds in human hearts some point where he can gain a foothold; some sinful desire is cherished, by means of which his temptations assert their power. But Christ declared of Himself: "The prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in Me." John 14:30. Satan could find nothing in the Son of God that would enable him to gain the victory. He had kept His Father's commandments, and there was no sin in Him that Satan could use to his advantage. This is the condition in which those must be found who shall stand in the time of trouble. {GC 623.1}

Quote:
I also saw that many do not realize what they must be in order to live in the sight of the Lord without a high priest in the sanctuary through the time of trouble. Those who receive the seal of the living God and are protected in the time of trouble must reflect the image of Jesus fully. {EW 71.1}

Quote:
What are you doing, brethren, in the great work of preparation? Those who are uniting with the world are receiving the worldly mold and preparing for the mark of the beast. Those who are distrustful of self, who are humbling themselves before God and purifying their souls by obeying the truth these are receiving the heavenly mold and preparing for the seal of God in their foreheads. When the decree goes forth and the stamp is impressed, their character will remain pure and spotless for eternity. {5T 216.1}

Now is the time to prepare. The seal of God will never be placed upon the forehead of an impure man or woman. It will never be placed upon the forehead of the ambitious, world-loving man or woman. It will never be placed upon the forehead of men or women of false tongues or deceitful hearts. All who receive the seal must be without spot before God -- candidates for heaven. Go forward, my brethren and sisters. I can only write briefly upon these points at this time, merely calling your attention to the necessity of preparation. Search the Scriptures for yourselves, that you may understand the fearful solemnity of the present hour. {5T 216.2}

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/28/24 02:30 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!