Last night, 7-20-02, I got a phone call from our Control Center at work telling me that my supervisor was killed. Lee McRoy. Lee was in his garage working on his car and it fell on him. Either his young step-son or his wife went out to get him for dinner and found him.

Lee had a SDA background. I remember when I found this out almost 6 yrs. ago. I was on graveyard shift then and I was holding over for 4 hrs. He always made it his policy to go see the people that were holding over. He was the day shift Asst. supervisor back then. We talked for a bit to get to know one another. Something came up about working on weekends. I told him I could not work on Friday's starting at with the swing shift and ending with swing shift on Saturday because those were the hours I observed the Sabbath. He said he understood because he was raised in an Adventist home. His mom was SDA. From then on until know he has guarded my Sabbaths for me. One time during the summertime when sundown is later I stayed for a swing shift on Friday. When you hold over or come in early it is in 4hr blocks. So I would get off at 5:30pm and sundown was around 8:30. He came to me and had a fit. I had to calm him down. He said he did not want me to start that kind of stuff breaking the Sabbath. I had to explain it to him but he did not like it that I stayed.

He always asscociated himself with SDA's when he was with me and something religious came up. We Adventists, etc. Lee never did quit smoking. The last time I saw him was on my shift Wednesday afternoon. As he was walking off he turned and said you know I am not as evil as I use to be and laughed his crazy laugh.

This is a terrible shock to all of us at work. I do not go back in to work until Monday afternoon and Lee will not be there. Lee has been like fixture out there where I am. This will be a terrible loss to us and the company. He was not a very good supervisor but he was our supevisor.

Please pray for his family. He had just married less than a year ago. I do not know if Lee had any children or not. His wife had one son. I believe Lee was in his maybe late fifties or mid fifties.

[ July 21, 2002, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Avalee ]