HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,960 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 22 of 46 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 45 46
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Alchemy] #182681
03/06/17 11:34 AM
03/06/17 11:34 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
Originally Posted By: Daryl
His Child,

Based on the following EGW quote that I posted earlier in this thread, there are no definite time in the message given of God since 1844, therefore, your time settings goes contrary to what she wrote.

Ellen White wrote the following:
Quote:
No Time Prophecy Beyond 1844

I plainly stated at the Jackson camp meeting to these fanatical parties that they were doing the work of the adversary of souls; they were in darkness. They claimed to have great light that probation would close in October, 1884. I there stated in public that the Lord had been pleased to show me that there would be no definite time in the message given of God since 1844.--2SM 73 (1885). {LDE 35.3}

Our position has been one of waiting and watching, with no time-proclamation to intervene between the close of the prophetic periods in 1844 and the time of our Lord's coming.--10MR 270 (1888). {LDE 36.1}

The people will not have another message upon definite time. After this period of time [Revelation 10:4-6], reaching from 1842 to 1844, there can be no definite tracing of the prophetic time. The longest reckoning reaches to the autumn of 1844.--7BC 971 (1900). {LDE 36.2}

And it's very important to note that Ellen White learned this principle from Scripture! That's right. The Bible teaches that time will be no more after 1844.

What The context of Revelation 10?

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Alchemy] #182683
03/06/17 04:31 PM
03/06/17 04:31 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
His Child,

Based on the following EGW quote that I posted earlier in this thread, there are no definite time in the message given of God since 1844, therefore, your time settings goes contrary to what she wrote.

Quote:

And it's very important to note that Ellen White learned this principle from Scripture! That's right. The Bible teaches that time will be no more after 1844.

Oh really Alchemy? Please enlightened me-- where in the Bible do you find this or comes even close to suggest this by which I perceive this belief as total non-sense.

But if you can prove it to me that this is actually Biblical -- then am all ears. It would take another discussion(let's don't hi-jack this one) or bump up an discussion that address this question directly.

Blessings
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #182686
03/06/17 09:03 PM
03/06/17 09:03 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: kland

Thanks that make you go hmmmmmm.......

Maybe you can are willing to answer a question about what part does the equinox play in the Babylonian calendar's new year?

(Shall we take a poll, will His child avoid this question or answer it?)

Someone posted that the equinox is on 20 March this year. But it was later in the days of ancient Babylon. Like the shortest day of the year was 25 Dec back then and it is around 22 December now.

But as I understand it (and not as you are twisting my words). The Babylonians had a feast on the Spring Equinox and the king was dedicated and when all was said and done the first day of his reign in the new year was 29 March on our Gregorian Calendar. Thus by April 1 New Years Day had past.
"Someone posted that the equinox is on 20 March this year",
but you don't really know nor agree, do you?

Henry, I wasn't asking what would the date be today if it was way back in the time you were talking about.

I asked a simple question. Why do you refuse to answer it?

The equinox does not change based upon which arbitrary calendar you are using. It is at a fixed time.

Consider sunset. It's at a fixed time. Depending upon where you're at, it could be called 6:30 or it could be called 5:30, but the sun sets at a certain time no matter what arbitrary numerical clock time you give it.

What I'm asking you is, given our calendar we use today, when is the equinox.

You are using OUR calendar today to create your Trump time, so use OUR calendar today, to say when the equinox is.

Are you with me, does that make sense to you?
I hope so.

Now that we (might) have that out of the way, back in the Babylonian time you're referring to, did their new year start at the equinox or a week later. Forget trying to map their calendar to ours. I'm asking relative to the equinox, which happens regardless of which calendar you are using.

If do not follow this, do you understand why people consider you are little off the off-side? And I'm sure you will quote something about no one listening to the variously separated Word, but I'm just saying there's some serious logical issues here.

Quote:
But if I am using the wrong Calendar, he could be in office until 19 January 2018.
Yep.

Figured that was coming. Now you're off the hook for almost a year. Then, of course, you can say March 2018.

And away we go. Always a deadline continually being set that's just not quite attainable.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Alchemy] #182687
03/06/17 09:10 PM
03/06/17 09:10 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
His Child,

Quote:

I plainly stated at the Jackson camp meeting to these fanatical parties that they were doing the work of the adversary of souls; they were in darkness. They claimed to have great light that probation would close in October, 1884. I there stated in public that the Lord had been pleased to show me that there would be no definite time in the message given of God since 1844.--2SM 73 (1885). {LDE 35.3}

Our position has been one of waiting and watching, with no time-proclamation to intervene between the close of the prophetic periods in 1844 and the time of our Lord's coming.--10MR 270 (1888). {LDE 36.1}

The people will not have another message upon definite time. After this period of time [Revelation 10:4-6], reaching from 1842 to 1844, there can be no definite tracing of the prophetic time. The longest reckoning reaches to the autumn of 1844.--7BC 971 (1900). {LDE 36.2}

Daryl and Alchemy, not sure I'm defending His Child, but concerning the quotes you used, aren't a couple of them regarding the 2300 days, that there is no more time prophecy regarding that specifically?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #182688
03/06/17 09:17 PM
03/06/17 09:17 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
[putting on false prophet hat]
Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

So here we have prophecy!
This shows that Trump and Obama are going to marry by the Ides of March.
We take 1 and 7, add it together and we get 8.
We note there are 7 heads and then an 8th one.
The Ides of March is the 15th.
Now we take 15, subtract 8, and we get 7. So now we try to come up with something that happened on the 7th to start the countdown.
So now we search the news tomorrow, because something is going to happen.
Presto!

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Alchemy] #182691
03/06/17 10:58 PM
03/06/17 10:58 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

Chapters and verses please

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #182692
03/06/17 11:07 PM
03/06/17 11:07 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
I read the posts in the in this thread with interest. I did not reply to some of them because their tone in my opinion was not of a serious nature. If you asked me a question and I failed to answer it please ask it again.

If All prophetic time ended in Scripture after 1844, why is there so much prophetic time in Revelation after the Scripture arrived at 1844?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #182736
03/11/17 05:34 AM
03/11/17 05:34 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Chapters and verses please

Revelation 10:5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Time prophecies ended when the voice of the seventh trumpet begins.

"This time, which the Angel declares with a solemn oath, is not the end of this world’s history, neither of probationary time, but of prophetic time, which would precede the advent of our Lord. That is, the people will not have another message upon definite time. After this period of time, reaching from 1842 to 1844, there can be no definite tracing of the prophetic time. The longest reckoning reaches to the autumn of 1844. {1MR99}

The seventh angel begins to sound in 1844.
That's when the heavenly temple with the ark of the covenant became a reality in the minds of Bible students.

Quoting scripture speaking of the seventh trumpet EGW writes:

" “The temple of God was opened in Heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament.” [Revelation 11:19.] The ark of God's testament is in the holy of holies, the second apartment of the sanctuary. In the ministration of the earthly tabernacle, which served “unto the example and shadow of heavenly things,” this apartment was opened only upon the great day of atonement, for the cleansing of the sanctuary. Therefore the announcement that the temple of God was opened in Heaven, and the ark of his testament was seen, points to the opening of the most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary, in 1844, as Christ entered there to perform the closing work of the atonement. {GC88 433}

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #182737
03/11/17 05:54 AM
03/11/17 05:54 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

If All prophetic time ended in Scripture after 1844, why is there so much prophetic time in Revelation after the Scripture arrived at 1844?

What do you mean by saying scripture arrived at 1844?
The scriptures became readily available a couple centuries before 1844 --

It was during those years prior to 1844 that prophetic interest surged.
The world was being prepared for the three angels messages to be proclaimed. Those messages began to sound around 1844.

The three angel's messages are the last great message to be sounded with loud voice to the world just before Christ returns.

" If every soldier of Christ had done his duty, if every watchman on the walls of Zion had given the trumpet a certain sound, the world might ere this have heard the message of warning. But the work is years behind. While men have slept, Satan has stolen a march upon us.--Testimonies, vol. 9, p. 29.

"Had the purpose of God been carried out by His people in giving to the world the message of mercy, Christ would, ere this, have come to the earth, and the saints would have received their welcome into the city of God.--Testimonies, vol. 6, p. 450.

"Everything in the universe calls upon those who know the truth to consecrate themselves unreservedly to the proclamation of the truth as it has been made known to them in the third angel's message. Testimonies, vol. 9, pp. 25, 26

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #182754
03/12/17 11:17 PM
03/12/17 11:17 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Quote:
[Revelation 13:4-10 quoted.] This entire chapter is a revelation of what will surely take place. [Revelation 13:11, 15-17 quoted.]
This is actually a mis-quote or incomplete quote, found in {7BC 979.10}. Quoting the full paragraph in {7BC 979.10} we find: The Sabbath question will be the issue in the great conflict in which all the world will act a part. [Revelation 13:4-10 quoted.] This entire chapter is a revelation of what will surely take place [Revelation 13:11, 15-17 quoted] (MS 88, 1897). {7BC 979.10}

The same manuscript, {MS 88 1897} is quoted in {19MR} but you would have to back up 2 more paragraphs.

See the following: The Sabbath question will be the issue in the great conflict in which all the world will act a part. [Revelation 13:4-8, quoted.] {19MR 182.4}

"If any man have ears to hear, let him hear." This warning is given to every son and daughter of Adam; and it is repeated over and over again.
{19MR 182.5}

"He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints"
[Revelation 13:10]. This entire chapter is a revelation of what will surely take place. [Revelation 13:11, 15-17, quoted.] {19MR 182.6}

But let's go to the source of these quotes:

The Sabbath question will be the issue in the great conflict in which all the world will act a part. “They worshiped the dragon which gave power to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemy; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them; and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.” {Ms88-1897}

“If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.” This warning is given to every son and daughter of Adam; and it is repeated over and over again.
{Ms88-1897}

“He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity; he killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and faith of the saints.” This entire chapter is a revelation of what will surely take place. “And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.... And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand or in their foreheads; and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark or the number of the beast, or the number of his name.”
{Ms88-1897}

The meaning seems clearer when you read the original source.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Page 22 of 46 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 45 46

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!