HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,603
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 3,083 guests, and 21 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 26 of 46 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 45 46
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #183137
04/06/17 02:35 PM
04/06/17 02:35 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Dedication - thank you for an accurate, reasonable, and rational post.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Nadi] #183167
04/08/17 03:58 AM
04/08/17 03:58 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Originally Posted By: Nadi
Well, I think HsChild has the right idea. We should study the Bible more, and see what it is telling us.

John 14:26 says "But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." (NIV)

And 1 John 2:27 says "As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you."

So HisChild's view on this point is Biblical, and I agree with it. I know this is a SDA forum, and you believe in Ellen White, and that's OK for you. But with all the claimants to prophetic insight you hear about now, I just want to stick with the Bible. That one I trust.
Well, if you do this, you just may be well ahead of many of us here. Well said. smile

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: dedication] #183287
04/14/17 02:59 AM
04/14/17 02:59 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: Alchemy

And it's very important to note that Ellen White learned this principle from Scripture! That's right. The Bible teaches that time will be no more after 1844.

Chapters and verses please

Originally Posted By: dedication

Revelation 10:5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

there should be time no longer:
is a commonly misunderstood and misapplied text among SDA's.

Daniel 8:14 states..."And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed."

Quote:
The prophecy which seemed most clearly to reveal the time of the second advent was that of Daniel 8:14: “Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.” Following his rule of making Scripture its own interpreter, Miller learned that a day in symbolic prophecy represents a year; [Numbers 14:34; Ezekiel 4:6.] he saw that the period of 2300 prophetic days, or literal years...{GC88 324.2}

Quote:
Da 10:1 "In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed unto Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar; and the thing was true, but the time appointed was long: and he understood the thing, and had understanding of the vision."

The 2300 days were long time since a day was symbolic of a year.

Revelation 10:5 is clearly stating that the time cited in Revelation that occurs after 1844 is not "long time" it is literal time.

Time prophecies ended when the voice of the seventh trumpet begins.

That long time prophecy error is akin to the Jewish application of the prophecies of Christ's Second Advent to His First Advent. it will deceive those who embrace it until it is too late to understand what God has revealed for our edification.

"This time, which the Angel declares with a solemn oath, is not the end of this world’s history, neither of probationary time, but of prophetic time, which would precede the advent of our Lord. That is, the people will not have another message upon definite time. After this period of time, reaching from 1842 to 1844, there can be no definite tracing of the prophetic time. The longest reckoning reaches t[/b]o the autumn of 1844. {1MR99}

Dedication, the meaning that you ascribe to this Spirit of prophecy quotation will lead you and all that will buy into it astray. "the people will not have another message upon definite time" EGW's use of the term definite time is in the context "Many shepherds of the flock, who professed to love Jesus, said that they had no opposition to the preaching of Christ's coming, but they objected to the definite time." {EW 233.2} And she makes that clear when she writes "prophetic time, which would precede the advent of our Lord" THERE IS NO DEFINITE TIME PROPHECY THAT GIVES THE DAY AND HOUR OF CHRIST'S COMING. "The longest reckoning [of the day and hour of Christ's Coming] reaches to the autumn of 1844." {1MR99}

EGW is not saying that all time prophecy stopped in 1844, but that all prophecies that give the day and hour of Christ's Coming stopped in 1844.

The seventh angel begins to sound in 1844.
That's when the heavenly temple with the ark of the covenant became a reality in the minds of Bible students.

Quoting scripture speaking of the seventh trumpet EGW writes:

" “The temple of God was opened in Heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament.” [Revelation 11:19.] The ark of God's testament is in the holy of holies, the second apartment of the sanctuary. In the ministration of the earthly tabernacle, which served “unto the example and shadow of heavenly things,” this apartment was opened only upon the great day of atonement, for the cleansing of the sanctuary. Therefore the announcement that the temple of God was opened in Heaven, and the ark of his testament was seen, points to the opening of the most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary, in 1844, as Christ entered there to perform the closing work of the atonement. {GC88 433}

The easiest way to debunk the time prophecy error that "Time prophecies ended when the voice of the seventh trumpet begins" is to quote a time prophecy in Revelation that occurs after the seventh trumpet begins:

Re 20:3 "And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season."
Re 20:7 "And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,"

This is a time prophecy after 1844 and it will be fulfilled in literal time not in "long time" after the seventh trumpet begins.

Quote:
We have nothing to fear for the future, except as we shall forget the way the Lord has led us, and His teaching in our past history.--LS 196

IMHO those who forget that God led His people with time prophecy in the past have much to fear as we head into the future.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #183288
04/14/17 05:37 AM
04/14/17 05:37 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Still trying to set times?

The thousand year statement happens AFTER the second coming, it does not pertain to time allotted to earth events.

The testimonies declare:

"Our position has been one of waiting and watching, with no time-proclamation to intervene between the close of the prophetic periods in 1844 and the time of our Lord's coming.--10MR 270 (1888).

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #183296
04/14/17 05:29 PM
04/14/17 05:29 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
So His Child, what's the latest dates now? You should always have one date a few months away, then a backup date about a year. That way it keeps the interest up and allows a way out.

I don't know if you have any truth or not. It's too hard weeding through the errors. If you start backing up things scripturally, logically, and reasonably, someone may start listening....

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: dedication] #183299
04/15/17 11:57 AM
04/15/17 11:57 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

The testimonies declare:

"Our position has been one of waiting and watching, with no time-proclamation to intervene between the close of the prophetic periods in 1844 and the time of our Lord's coming.--10MR 270 (1888).

That is a great quote if understood correctly. Clarification inserted below from the context of the quote itself

Quote:
The world placed all time-proclamation on the same level and called it a delusion, fanaticism and heresy. Ever since 1844 I have borne my testimony that we were now in a period of time in which we are to take heed to ourselves lest our hearts be overcharged with surfeiting and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon us unawares. Our position has been one of waiting and watching, with no time-proclamation [of the day and hour of Christ's coming] to intervene between the close of the prophetic periods in 1844 and the time of our Lord's coming. We do not know the day nor the hour, or when the definite time is, and yet the prophetic reckoning shows us that Christ is at the door. {10MR 270.1}

Quote:
If I have failed to make this matter plain which you wish to understand, write me again and I will endeavor to make every point plain and clear. But I must plead not guilty to the charge of seeing in vision that the Lord would come at a definite day and hour, which has since passed by. {10MR 271.1}

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #183301
04/16/17 03:12 AM
04/16/17 03:12 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The testimonies not only condemn definite actual dates in time settings, they also warn against approximate time predictions like we've been hearing here -- like; Jesus will come within one or two or three years.

They also warn against setting time periods for probation to close and the latter rain to fall.

The testimonies declare:

"Our position has been one of waiting and watching, with no time-proclamation [do not insert your own qualifications here] to intervene between the close of the prophetic periods in 1844 and the time of our Lord's coming.--10MR 270 (1888).

"No one has a true message fixing the time when Christ is to come or not to come. Be assured that God gives no one authority to say that Christ delays His coming five years, ten years, or twenty years. “Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.”. . . {CTr 343.5}

" You will not be able to say that He will come in one, two, or five years, neither are you to put off His coming by stating that it may not be for ten or twenty years. . . . We are not to know the definite time either for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit or for the coming of Christ.--Review and Herald, March 22, 1892. {Ev 221.1}

"We are not to live upon time excitement. We are not to be engrossed with speculations in regard to the times and the seasons which God has not revealed. Jesus has told His disciples to "watch," but not for a definite time. His followers are to be in the position of those who are listening for the orders of their Captain; they are to watch, wait, pray, and work, as they approach the time for the coming of the Lord; but no one will be able to predict just when that time will come; for "of that day and hour knoweth no man." You will not be able to say that He will come in one, two, or five years, neither are you to put off His coming by stating that it may not be for ten or twenty years. {1SM 189.2}

"We are not of that class who define the exact period of time that shall elapse before the coming of Jesus the second time with power and great glory.
We are not of that class who define the exact period of time that shall elapse before the coming of Jesus the second time with power and great glory. {SpTEd 106.2}

Also, let's not confuse the proclamation of the 2300 prophecy which ended in 1844 in the same category as what's going on now after 1844. That's what she was referring to when she wrote "The world placed all time-proclamation on the same level and called it a delusion, fanaticism and heresy." There were time prophecies leading us to the judgment hour that began in 1844. There are no more time lines between 1844 and the second coming.

Notice as well -- EGW placed E.P.Daniels' vague prediction of Christ coming within five years, as unfounded time setting.

" I understand that Brother [E. P.] Daniels has, as it were, set time, stating that the Lord will come within five years. Now I hope the impression will not go abroad that we are time-setters. Let no such remarks be made. They do no good. Seek not to obtain a revival upon any such grounds, but let due caution be used in every word uttered, that fanatical ones will not seize anything they can get to create an excitement and the Spirit of the Lord be grieved." {LDE 34.4}

The Lord showed me that the message must go, and that it must not be hung on time; for time will never be a test again. I saw that some were getting a false excitement, arising from preaching time, that the third angel's message can stand on its own foundation, and that it needs not time to strengthen it, and that it will go with mighty power, and do its work, and will be cut short in righteousness. {RH, March 22, 1892 par. 8}

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #183302
04/16/17 05:08 AM
04/16/17 05:08 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Quote:
"...the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.”
The Bible is pretty clear on this point.

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #183303
04/16/17 05:23 AM
04/16/17 05:23 AM
J
Josh M  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018
Colorado, USA
The testimonies not only condemn definite actual dates in time settings, they also warn against approximate time predictions like we've been hearing here -- like; Jesus will come within one or two or three years.

I agree, and whether or not Ellen White was referring specifically to just calculating the time of the second coming, the act of calculating events since 1844 does end up being an attempt to do exactly that through a route of reasoning by elimination.

Even if the calculation avoids addressing the date for the second coming, it's still eliminating the possibility of Jesus returning during that stretch of time by saying that we still had a certain number of one kind of leader or another to go through, or that it wasn't yet a certain phase of a time cycle. If every other possibility is eliminated, then we're left with the time to expect the second coming just as if it had been directly calculated.

These methods then work to invalidate what Ellen White said about the possibility of Jesus returning back in her time if people had just been ready.

Suppose there had still been a long list of required signs and decades worth of many leaders to fulfill. It wouldn't have actually been possible for Jesus to have returned in the 1800s without just ignoring a huge amount of prophecy and telling us to never mind all of that. Especially so if there were specific time prophecies that stretch well into the 20th and 21st centuries.

We are supposed to be always waiting and watching.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: dedication] #183330
04/17/17 03:52 PM
04/17/17 03:52 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

Also, let's not confuse the proclamation of the 2300 prophecy which ended in 1844 in the same category as what's going on now after 1844. That's what she was referring to when she wrote "The world placed all time-proclamation on the same level and called it a delusion, fanaticism and heresy." There were time prophecies leading us to the judgment hour that began in 1844. There are no more time lines between 1844 and the second coming.

I disagree with how His Child is using things and what he's trying to make things say, and I agree for the most part of what you are saying, but I'm not sure of your last sentence there. Did Ellen White say anything like that which does not relate to the 2300 prophecy?

Page 26 of 46 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 45 46

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by dedication. 04/29/24 07:16 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!