HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,612
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,976 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 30 of 46 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 45 46
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Green Cochoa] #183430
04/24/17 09:14 AM
04/24/17 09:14 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Originally Posted By: His Child
6) Since Obama has left office and Trump is now president, Trump has to fulfill the self-magnification aspect of prophecy (Daniel 8) in the time allotted to Obama or Obama has to return to office before 19 January 2018. As I studied this I went with the Ancient Babylonian calendar (New Year's Day 28 March 2017) It didn't happen. So I'm looking to 19 January 2018. But as I think about it. America counts the year from 1 January and Mr Obama left office 20 days into the New Year. So if 1 January is the correct day for the the start of the year in this prophecy, one of 2 things has to happen. Christ will come before 31 December 2018 or President Obama will be back in office by that date rather than 19 January 2018 as i had earlier thought.

You are still date-setting, which shows you do not understand Mrs. White's messages on this topic. I can assure you that your dates above are wrong. I knew well ahead of your March/April dates that you gave for this year that you would be proven incorrect, and I am equally confident that your dates for 2018 are wrong. In fact, given what Mrs. White says about time setting, you sin in putting forward such dates. Some may be led astray in disappointment when your predictions do not come to pass. Others will be given occasion to mock. In no case is God glorified by it.

I am still studying and praying and learning. But your rejection of my presentation is faulty as you will see soon enough. Those who truly study what I present are led closer to the LORD. While those who reject it because of their predisposition to label New Light as error cannot be blessed by it.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Green Cochoa] #183431
04/24/17 09:28 AM
04/24/17 09:28 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

7) Time is not the big factor here. But as I explain my studies, time is what you get hung up on. The Big factor is Daniel 7 & 8 clearly identify President Obama. So to fail to see that we are in the final sealing time and to fail to give the third angel's message the right sound at this time is to fail to watch the prophecies.

That is where I stand until more light comes.

If time is not a big factor here, why keep urging times? I urge you, brother, to change your focus. What is the third angel's message? It is about the worship of and obedience to God, lest we receive the plagues of His wrath (see Revelation 14). That message is our duty to give to the world. Obeying God has little to do with who may or may not be president. It has nothing to do with when He will come (that time is not up to us to decide). Our duty is to be ready every day for His coming.

When God revealed to Daniel that King Nebuchadnezzar was the king identified in Bible prophecy, that was present truth for Daniel's Day. It was a big deal. It was not something that could be ignored.

Likewise when God reveals in His word that President Obama or his surrogate will be the instrument to implement the Mark of the Beast, it is not wise to ignore what has been revealed in Scripture. It is a big deal and those who take the Laodicean view that they don't need any revelation other than what their grandfathers had a 100 years ago are only deceiving themselves and anyone else who is not willing to look outside their comfort zone.

We have the illustration of the brass serpent and the message to the Laodiceans to teach us how to avoid this error. But it is up to us as to whether we will heed the warnings or repeat the mistakes.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #183434
04/24/17 03:16 PM
04/24/17 03:16 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: kland
3) When the prophecy in Daniel 7 is used to interpret itself the meaning is not the same as when Heaven's interpretation is used to interpret it.

I don't understand, why are you saying Daniel 7 is not Heaven's interpretation? Or are you saying YOU are 'Heaven's Interpretation'?

Is the obvious not so obvious?
Daniel saw beasts arise from the SEA (7:1-3). Bible study teaches us that the sea is water and water is people, etc. (cf Revelation 17:15) Thus the vision of the sea beasts interprets itself. So why does Heaven need to give an interpretation?

But in Daniel 7:17 Heaven's interpretation is..."These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth." When Heaven's interpretation is compared to Scripture, the power that arises to the earth is the USA. But instead of going with Heaven's interpretation of Daniel, Heaven's interpretation is set aside in favor of man's interpretation.
Whaaa?

Is Daniel 7:17 not part of the Bible?
Are you interpreting either one in your own interpretation?
You interpret "heaven's interpretation" in your own interpretation?

(By the way, I do not recall you answering, where does "These great beasts," refer to in Daniel 7:17

Dan 7:16 I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this.
All of what, what is "this"?)

Quote:
The translators fulfilled God's word by mistranslating the Hebrew word that they render kingdom in 7:23. Immediately after Heaven declares that they are 4 KINGS the translators changed them back into the KINGDOMS that they understood rather than accepting Heaven's interpretation.
WWAAAIT, Hold on. You said it was Heaven's interpretation. It is still part of it. Now you're saying Heaven's interpretation is wrong?
vs. 16: So he told me...
vs. 23: Thus he said,...

Quote:

Quote:
As I studied this I went with the Ancient Babylonian calendar (New Year's Day 28 March 2017)
Again, besides all the other errors, this is absolutely wrong! You have yet to show the Ancient Babylonian year would start on 28 March 2017.

And I doubt you will, can, nor even understand the objection.

From my study, that is how I understand it. And New Year's Day on the Hebrew calendar was on 28 March 2017 this year (Nissan 1). It is interesting that New Year's Day on the ancient Babylonian calendar just happened to correlate with New Year's Day the Hebrew Calendar this year.
Can you show that? What determined when the Babylonian calendar starts?

Quote:
When does your study indicate that ancient Babylon's New Year's Day occurs on our Gregorian Calendar?
The Equinox.
Sorry, I stand corrected. Further search on the Internet shows:

The Babylonian year consisted of twelve lunar months, each beginning on the evening (i.e. after sunset) of the first observed (or computed) lunar crescent after the astronomical new moon.
----
However, the Babylonian calendar remained chaotic throughout most of the first millennium BC due to the irregular insertion of random months. The Babylonian year apparently consisted originally of 12 months of 30 days, but sometimes made use of sightings of the crescent moon to name the beginning of a month. Under Nabonassar (747-734 BC), a fixed-length month of 30 days was used. The Babylonians finally systematized a strictly lunar calendar which began with the first visible crescent moon around 500 BC.

I had thought you said yourself it started at the Equinox.

So, if it starts at the first crescent, why would it not ALWAYS
correlate with New Year's Day of the Hebrew Calendar each and every year? At least according to how some neo-Jews start their year? When do you say the Hebrew Calendar starts, whether of Biblical or Heaven's interpretation or man's?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #183435
04/24/17 03:22 PM
04/24/17 03:22 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Henry Hills
I am still studying and praying and learning. But your rejection of my presentation is faulty as you will see soon enough.

We have heard that before, and your presentation was faulty.
Originally Posted By: Henry Hills
Those who truly study what I present are led closer to the LORD.
Why is that? Because of love or because of fear?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: dedication] #183436
04/24/17 03:37 PM
04/24/17 03:37 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: dedication
Prophetic Time is always fulfilled in literal time. Prophetic time doesn't become some mythical unreality just because it was originally stated in encrypted language.
You can't divorce prophetic time from literal time without doing serious damage to the prophetic foundation of truth.
All the prophetic time lines were fulfilled in literal time, with calendar dates.
Dedication, I think some misunderstanding between you and His Child has to do with your definition of "prophetic time". Are there no prophetic times in the Bible involving literal time?

Jonah 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.

Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Do you agree, the intent here is 40 literal days and 120 literal years?
If this is not prophetic time, then what would you call it?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #183451
04/24/17 08:20 PM
04/24/17 08:20 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta

I am still studying and praying and learning. But your rejection of my presentation is faulty as you will see soon enough. Those who truly study what I present are led closer to the LORD. While those who reject it because of their predisposition to label New Light as error cannot be blessed by it.
Who's "presentation" is it?

I rest my case.

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #183453
04/25/17 02:26 AM
04/25/17 02:26 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient

5) The Ram in Daniel 8 has 2 horns. The first is Bush I and the second is Bush II who came up last. And the she/he goat is Bill and Hilary Clinton. The broken horn is Bill Clinton who trampled Bush I and Hilary trampled Bush II. The notable one is Colon Powell from which Bush II and Barack Obama were propelled to be President. Obama is the little horn that magnifies himself.

The above interpretation comes only through a rejection of what Mrs. White tells us.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
“And he had two horns like a lamb.” The lamb-like horns indicate youth, innocence, and gentleness, fitly representing the character of the United States when presented to the prophet as “coming up” in 1798. The Christian exiles who first fled to America, sought an asylum from royal oppression and priestly intolerance, and they determined to establish a government upon the broad foundation of civil and religious liberty. The Declaration of Independence sets forth the great truth that “all men are created equal,” and endowed with the inalienable right to “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” And the Constitution guarantees to the people the right of self-government, providing that representatives elected by the popular vote shall enact and administer the laws. Freedom of religious faith was also granted, every man being permitted to worship God according to the dictates of his conscience. Republicanism and Protestantism became the fundamental principles of the nation. These principles are the secret of its power and prosperity. The oppressed and down-trodden throughout Christendom have turned to this land with interest and hope. Millions have sought its shores, and the United States has risen to a place among the most powerful nations of the earth. {GC88 441.1}

But the beast with lamb-like horns “spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed, . . . saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.” [Revelation 13:11-14.] {GC88 441.2}

The lamb-like horns and dragon voice of the symbol point to a striking contradiction between the professions and the practice of the nation thus represented. The “speaking” of the nation is the action of its legislative and judicial authorities. By such action it will give the lie to those liberal and peaceful principles which it has put forth as the foundation of its policy. The prediction that it will speak “as a dragon,” and exercise “all the power of the first beast,” plainly foretells a development of the spirit of intolerance and persecution that was manifested by the nations represented by the dragon and the leopard-like beast. And the statement that the beast with two horns “causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast,” indicates that the authority of this nation is to be exercised in enforcing some observance which shall be an act of homage to the papacy. {GC88 442.1}

Such action would be directly contrary to the principles of this government, to the genius of its free institutions, to the direct and solemn avowals of the Declaration of Independence, and to the Constitution. The founders of the nation wisely sought to guard against the employment of secular power on the part of the church, with its inevitable result—intolerance and persecution. The Constitution provides that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,” and that “no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office of public trust under the United States.” Only in flagrant violation of these safeguards to the nation's liberty, can any religious observance be enforced by civil authority. But the inconsistency of such action is no greater than is represented in the symbol. It is the beast with lamb-like horns—in profession pure, gentle, and harmless— that speaks as a dragon. {GC88 442.2}

Careful readers of the above will note that the two principles that give the beast its power are: Republicanism and Protestantism. These two principles come from the constitutional guarantee of the right of self-government, with people having elected representatives to enact and administer laws, and from the freedom of religion. These two things give America its power. Horns represent power in Scripture, just as wings represent speed, etc. America has had its power since its inception. Mrs. White speaks of its rise in 1798. Bush I and Bush II were not on the scene at that time.

Green,
Careful readers or the Bible and Spirit of prophecy will not contradict the Scriptures with statements from the Spirit of Prophecy. Regarding your presentation, I will agree with you "The above interpretation [that you suggest] comes only through a rejection of what Mrs. White tells us."

The Scriptures clearly explain the symbolic horns used in Bible prophecy. They depict kings.

Quote:
Da 7:24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

Quote:
Da 8:20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.

Quote:
Re 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

To miss-use or miss-reading of the Spirit of Prophecy to change the Bible is a gross error. The Bible states that the horns are kings which are men. The Spirit of prophecy does not contradict the Scriptures but clearly explains the CHARACTERISTICS or TRAITS of the horns [men] that are identified through Bible study.

"The "two horns like a lamb" well represent the character of the United States Government, as expressed in its two fundamental principles, Republicanism and Protestantism. These principles are the secret of our power and prosperity as a nation." -- Ellen White.

"Here is a striking figure of the rise and growth of our own nation. And the lamb-like horns, emblems of innocence and gentleness, well represent the character of our government, as expressed in its two fundamental principles, Republicanism and Protestantism." -- Ellen White.

His Child,

The mistake you are making is a fallacy of universalizing. By assuming that because the horns represent kings in one place in the Bible they must always represent kings, you come to the wrong conclusions--and end up rejecting what Mrs. White has said. The Bible is not at odds with Mrs. White--your interpretation of it is. Never does Mrs. White reference American kings. America does not have a king. Our presidents are not kings. Notice that the speaking like a dragon comes through America's legislation and congress--not the president, according to Ellen White. Ellen White does not refer to the president at all in speaking of the horns--a fact that your interpretation must struggle to explain.

Horns represent power. Just look at how they are used in nature. Animals use their horns to wage war with their competitors. In America, it is Congress that declares war, not the president. America has the House of Representatives and the Senate as two principal legislative bodies, fittingly parallel to the "two horns."

Besides, if presidents were kings, America has had far more than two of them--and your attempts to use letters of their names to reduce it to two fail of proper interpretation.

Incidentally, I have been studying and learning Hebrew. The "W" is NOT the last letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Neither is "O". The last letter is actually "T"! So IF the letters meant much, and IF they denoted American presidents, Trump is in a good position to be the last one. (Note that Hebrew did not, until much later, have any written vowel markings, and all 22 letters of its aleph-bet are considered consonants.) In some Bibles (I have one like this), the Hebrew letters are written above the 8-verse sections of Psalm 119. You may see the Hebrew letter and "Tav" or "Tau" or "Taw", as it may be variously spelled in English, above verse 169 as the last alphabetic letter. I have learned this alphabet and am well on my way to reading Hebrew orally.

His Child, part of proper biblical interpretation, believe it or not, is a submission of one's ideas to the brethren and accepting their moderating influence as to the correctness of them. I hope you would duly consider these things.

Likewise when God reveals in His word that President Obama or his surrogate will be the instrument to implement the Mark of the Beast, it is not wise to ignore what has been revealed in Scripture. It is a big deal and those who take the Laodicean view that they don't need any revelation other than what their grandfathers had a 100 years ago are only deceiving themselves and anyone else who is not willing to look outside their comfort zone.

The Bible does not mention President Obama, does not say he will have a surrogate, and Trump is certainly no surrogate of Obama! Trump and Obama stand at odds on virtually every point, and if Obama had any choice at all in the matter, it is clear that Trump would not have his position. Obama declared during the campaign period that Trump would NOT be president--so much for that!

Again, let's stick with facts, such as those of the Bible and Ellen White, not what we opine that those facts should be. Are we entering the age of "alternative facts"?

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #183454
04/25/17 03:09 AM
04/25/17 03:09 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Time will tell? Wait and see??? The prophecies are clear.

THE VISIONS:
  1. Daniel 2 began with the head of gold Nebuchadnezzar. It ended with the legs Nabonidus and Belshazzar being crushed by Cyrus.

2. Daniel 4 began with the tree that received a deadly wound that was healed before it was finally destroyed.

3. Daniel 7 repeated and enlarged the meaning of Daniel 2 to include kingdoms, and the fourth kingdom was in two phases pagan and papal Rome. Then Heaven explained them as kings from the earth which repeated and enlarged Daniel 2 & 7.

4. Then the final meaning of Daniel 2--Reagan was the head of gold, Bush I the silver, Clinton the brass, Bush II one iron leg that extended his rule into church craft and Obama the other iron leg that extended into church craft. And Christ strikes the image upon the feet when He comes.

5. When the kings of the earth/American Presidents are understood in Daniel 7, Daniel 8 explains that the ram's first horn is Bush I, and the one that comes up last is Bush II. The she/he goat is Bill and Hilary Clinton, Bill is the first horn that was broken and Obama is the second horn that waxes great. The notable ones were the 4 American joint chief of staff. The notable one was Colin Powell who was instrumental to place Bush II in office and then Obama.

6. The prophecy is clearly enlarged in Revelation. Reagan is the white horse rider. Bush I the red horse rider, Clinton rode the black horse (he left office with a surplus, but he had caused the housing bubble that burst after he left that devastated the world's economy), and the last two riders are Bush II who brought death with his statement (9/20/01) that 'the beliefs of Muslims are good' -- Muslims teach salvation apart from Christ, and the rider that brings hell that is on the same horse is Obama.

You posted the foregoing on Saturday November 12, 2016. However, your interpretations are problematic.

1. Though you are correct in saying Nebuchadnezzar was represented by the head of gold, you are wrong in saying the two legs were representative of Nabonidus and Belshazzar.

AFTER the two legs came the ten toes and it was to be in the days of those ten toes (and not the two legs absent the toes) the kingdom of heaven was to be established a. In other words, the God of heaven (through Christ who was going to descend from heaven) was going to set up an everlasting kingdom. Today we call that the Church based on the authority of Jesus Christ in heaven b. There was going to be no other king chosen by God to lead His people after Christ, and one day our King will return to save, change and translate us where we will be with Him forever and ever, Amen c.

Cyrus, and his kingdom of Persia, fulfilled neither that vision nor promise. Where are they today?

I will address your other assertions one by one later.

a In the days of these kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever: inasmuch as you saw that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold. (Dan. 2:44-45)

b In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea, and saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!" (Mat. 3:1-2)

c The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear! (Mat. 13:41-43)

///

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #183455
04/25/17 03:14 AM
04/25/17 03:14 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
3) When the prophecy in Daniel 7 is used to interpret itself the meaning is not the same as when Heaven's interpretation is used to interpret it.

I don't understand, why are you saying Daniel 7 is not Heaven's interpretation? Or are you saying YOU are 'Heaven's Interpretation'?

Is the obvious not so obvious?
Daniel saw beasts arise from the SEA (7:1-3). Bible study teaches us that the sea is water and water is people, etc. (cf Revelation 17:15) Thus the vision of the sea beasts interprets itself. So why does Heaven need to give an interpretation?

But in Daniel 7:17 Heaven's interpretation is..."These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth." When Heaven's interpretation is compared to Scripture, the power that arises to the earth is the USA. But instead of going with Heaven's interpretation of Daniel, Heaven's interpretation is set aside in favor of man's interpretation.
Whaaa?

Is Daniel 7:17 not part of the Bible?
Are you interpreting either one in your own interpretation?
You interpret "heaven's interpretation" in your own interpretation?

That is the foundation of the error --
Interpreting the interpretation and coming up with a totally new interpretation of his own.

Daniel saw four beasts in in the chapter 7 vision.
The angel gives an interpretation of the vision.

Four symbolic beasts emerge from a symbolic sea.
Angel gives interpretation.
Four symbolic beasts equal four literal kingdoms.
The symbolic sea represents a well populated literal area on earth.

One does not now take the interpretation, regard it as a new symbolic message, and produce an interpretation of one's own of the interpretation.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: James Peterson] #183464
04/25/17 02:31 PM
04/25/17 02:31 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Time will tell? Wait and see??? The prophecies are clear.

THE VISIONS:
  1. Daniel 2 began with the head of gold Nebuchadnezzar. It ended with the legs Nabonidus and Belshazzar being crushed by Cyrus.

2. Daniel 4 began with the tree that received a deadly wound that was healed before it was finally destroyed.

3. Daniel 7 repeated and enlarged the meaning of Daniel 2 to include kingdoms, and the fourth kingdom was in two phases pagan and papal Rome. Then Heaven explained them as kings from the earth which repeated and enlarged Daniel 2 & 7.

4. Then the final meaning of Daniel 2--Reagan was the head of gold, Bush I the silver, Clinton the brass, Bush II one iron leg that extended his rule into church craft and Obama the other iron leg that extended into church craft. And Christ strikes the image upon the feet when He comes.

5. When the kings of the earth/American Presidents are understood in Daniel 7, Daniel 8 explains that the ram's first horn is Bush I, and the one that comes up last is Bush II. The she/he goat is Bill and Hilary Clinton, Bill is the first horn that was broken and Obama is the second horn that waxes great. The notable ones were the 4 American joint chief of staff. The notable one was Colin Powell who was instrumental to place Bush II in office and then Obama.

6. The prophecy is clearly enlarged in Revelation. Reagan is the white horse rider. Bush I the red horse rider, Clinton rode the black horse (he left office with a surplus, but he had caused the housing bubble that burst after he left that devastated the world's economy), and the last two riders are Bush II who brought death with his statement (9/20/01) that 'the beliefs of Muslims are good' -- Muslims teach salvation apart from Christ, and the rider that brings hell that is on the same horse is Obama.

You posted the foregoing on Saturday November 12, 2016. However, your interpretations are problematic.

1. My answer here.

2. The purpose of the vision in Dan. 4 was not tell the history of Babylon but to speak to the heart of one man, Nebuchadnezzar a. Indeed, the tree suffered a "deadly wound" but survived and was revived as you rightly say.

However, the point of it all was that God hates the proud and that pride goes before a fall; that nevertheless, in repentance there is hope of everlasting life b. To add to the interpretation of the vision (that "it was finally destroyed") is to miss that point ENTIRELY.

The tree lives "forever". The vision is complete in and of itself c without your presumptuous addition.

I will address your other assertions one by one later.

a Nebuchadnezzar the king, to all peoples, nations, and languages that dwell in all the earth: Peace be multiplied to you. I thought it good to declare the signs and wonders that the Most High God has worked for me. How great are His signs, and how mighty His wonders! His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and His dominion is from generation to generation. (Dan. 4:1-3)

b This decision is by the decree of the watchers, and the sentence by the word of the holy ones, in order that the living may know that the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, gives it to whomever He will, and sets over it the lowest of men.’ (Dan. 4:17 cf. v.34-37)

c DANIEL says, "Therefore, O king, let my advice be acceptable to you; break off your sins by being righteous, and your iniquities by showing mercy to the poor. Perhaps there may be a lengthening of your prosperity" ... NEBUCHADNEZZAR says, "Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, all of whose works are truth, and His ways justice. And those who walk in pride He is able to put down." (Dan. 4:27, 37)

///

Page 30 of 46 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 45 46

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!