HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, 1 invisible), 3,263 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: When The Clouds Go By [Re: Nadi] #183900
05/31/17 04:24 PM
05/31/17 04:24 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
I think the answer to whether or not God fails us is directly related to what we can legitimately expect from God.

So the question is "What has GOD SAID we can expect from Him?"
Simple as that.

Answer THAT question and we can proceed to determine if He has failed us or not.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: When The Clouds Go By [Re: Nadi] #183908
06/01/17 01:14 AM
06/01/17 01:14 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Nadi

Is it necessary to characterize someone else's theology or belief system as "spiritualism" and "poison" and "satanic?"

We only have a short life here on this planet, and yes, as I quoted from scripture:
"your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour" 1 Peter 5:8

It's not just a "characterization" it is a real battle.
Originally Posted By: Ephesians

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].
6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

How can we know something is spiritualism and satanic?
When it comes from spiritualistic sources --

Though Elle claims it as "her beliefs" it no more originated with her than evolution is original to the local science teacher.

I fear for Elle --
Now that we know she is battling a disease that has already claimed three of my own relatives, I realize she is fighting for her very life here on earth. I pray she will yet have many good years, but there is also a chance she may not.

Eternity hangs on her decisions that she makes, eternity is not something to take lightly. This life is NOTHING compared to eternity.

Originally Posted By: Bible
Deut. 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
30:20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, [and] that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he [is] thy life,

Are we simply to put out a "feel good" message?
Saying all roads lead to salvation, when they do NOT.

Rather tell them that yes, Jesus provided everything for our salvation. Trust in Him!
Cling to Him, abide in Him, let Him lift all the burden of sin from you, for He has already paid the wages they exact. Place all your cares upon Him for He cares for you, and will carry you through no matter what this earthly life may throw at you. Follow Him in humble, loving obedience.

Can one instead point out the "error" (as you see it) in their logic and present what you believe? Of course one may say that the other is wrong;....

Done that -- many posts have already discussed the issue. Many Bible texts presented.
But when language is changed and words no longer mean what words actually mean --- When clear Bible passages are allegorized into mystical interpretations--- It comes to a point where there is no more possibility for reasoning.

And yes, I've studied enough to know where these things are coming from. And yes, it is from sources that are not from God.
Satan is real and working with intense fury now, as time is coming to an end, to mislead, and destroy people.

Are we to simply sit back and not warn people.
Does no one care?

I believe that such characterizations and "discussion" methods are one of the reasons why the serious Bible scholars mentioned in my other thread are no longer participating here.

The reason many have left -- is that this is not a place where Adventists can really discuss the Bible and their beliefs anymore. It has become a place where Adventist beliefs tend to be attacked and/or "reconsidered" in attempted change. More often than not those sharing Adventist truths are portrayed as simple minded, no matter how much Biblical or other material one shares it is pushed aside as so much "unscholarly" trivial.

Many have left because they feel it is useless to share precious truths here and that God can use them to share the last message more effectively in other places.

And yes, I have found that those whose "theology is way off" are usually treated better than those who try to give a reason for their Adventist beliefs. I think it's because those who come here to change Adventist doctrines are not threatened by them, after all Elle and HC are also trying to change Adventist belief so they are no threat, its those of us who deeply believe, who the change agents see as a huge threat.

Re: When The Clouds Go By [Re: Nadi] #183909
06/01/17 02:03 AM
06/01/17 02:03 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
I think the answer to whether or not God fails us is directly related to what we can legitimately expect from God.

So the question is "What has GOD SAID we can expect from Him?"
Simple as that.

Answer THAT question and we can proceed to determine if He has failed us or not.

It would be far more profitable to
"count your blessings" and see what God has done,
rather than look at the problems in this life and think God has failed us.

It is a "state of mind" really.

Prosperity preachers are preaching a false doctrine. Don't listen to them for, unless you are financially prospering, you soon start to think God failed. But it is not the truth.

For a brief spell, as everyone in this thread was listing their "misfortunes", I started mentally listing mine --
Wow -- in no time I was in despondency thinking of all that I had lost over the years.

Then the Holy Spirit nudged me -- "what about the blessings"?
Count your blessings.

Psalms 05:1 O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.
105:2 Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works.
105:3 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
105:4 Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.

"The Lord is good!" He is very good!

Psalms 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Psalms 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Psalms 30:11 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
30:12 To the end that glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Will we let the tribulation separate us from God?
If this world's trouble separates us from God, it is not God that has left us, it is we that have left God.

Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Re: When The Clouds Go By [Re: Nadi] #183915
06/01/17 12:09 PM
06/01/17 12:09 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: The Wanderer
Isn't it true, that God sometimes, quite simply, "fails" us? - The Wanderer

Huge question, Wanderer. Do you really want to go there...?

I think part of the picture is "What can one legitimately expect from God?" The Bible has promises of all kinds of wonderful things. If these things do not materialize in our lives as Christians,...Sorry, I see this as a failure.

You may want to continue this discussion as a PM. Otherwise be prepared for a whole lot of insensitive, hurtful people telling you about your lack of faith, dangerous heretical theology, and outright arrogant stupidity and defiance of God.

Your call.

That is not necessarily insensitive, hurtful people! People should warn of such dangers out of love. It may sound hurtful and insensitive to the hearer, but, it is not.

So then, if you pray and ask and wait for something and it doesn't come as you expect; Is that God failing you? If God fails us; Can we trust Him to save us?

I believe these are fair questions in a thread such as this.

Re: When The Clouds Go By [Re: dedication] #183916
06/01/17 12:17 PM
06/01/17 12:17 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: dedication
Jesus never fails
Jesus never fails
heaven and earth may pass away,
but Jesus never fails.

Friends and Family may fail us
Teachers and leaders may fail us
pastors and spouses may fail us
society and health may fail us
the laws of the land may fail us
our ability to care for ourselves may fail us
all things of earth may fail us

But Jesus never fails.

God has not promised skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways all our lives through;
God has not promised sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow, peace without pain.

God has not promised we shall not know
Toil and temptation, trouble and woe;
He has not told us we shall not bear
Many a burden, many a care.

God has not promised smooth roads and wide,
Swift, easy travel, needing no guide;
Never a mountain, rocky and steep,
Never a river, turbid and deep.

BUT
But God has promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labor, light for the way,
Grace for the trials, help from above,
Unfailing sympathy, undying love.

Amen dedication.

I will admit I have trouble understanding God at times. I still marvel at Abraham going to sacrifice Isaac when he knew for sure Isaac was the child of promise and that God forbids sacrificing of children. (Deut. 12:29-21 and Jer. 7:30-32) I would say human sacrifices all together.

Yet, Abraham took Isaac to sacrifice him at the mountain. Abraham still knew somehow it was God even though the command contradicted God's word! I still don't get it.

But, God didn't fail Abraham and He will not fail us. Amen!?!

Last edited by Alchemy; 06/01/17 12:19 PM.
Re: When The Clouds Go By [Re: The Wanderer] #183923
06/01/17 05:43 PM
06/01/17 05:43 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
This idea of "God failing us" is very pernicious. It is expressed in many ways too. God has failed to protect the Bible as it is no longer trustworthy. God failed with the Spirit of Prophecy writings as they are a tool of the devil. God fails us when we tell Him what we want and He doesn't give it to us. We have spiritual struggles so that is evidence of God's failure. God failed us because Biblical authors such as Paul and James wrote "wrongheaded" stuff. James was a "legalist" leading people away from faith in God.

All these things are is an expression of lack of faith in God. An infinitely wise God is to give us everything we ask for because what we want can't possibly be bad for us? We wander away from God due to lack of submission to Him, trust in His love and watch care over us, and because we do not spend the necessary time and effort working on our relationship with Him and that is God's fault? Our emotional ups and downs that come from living in a world of sin are God failing us?

I have been through hell-on-earth during my life time, but is that God's fault? Is He the one who made all my choices? Is He the one that inspired my family to reject me, and constantly emotionally abuse me during my formative years and even afterwards? Is He the one who inspired me to abuse drugs for years? God had nothing to do with all of that. He, in fact, has intervened in positive ways many times and in many ways throughout my lifetime. He kept me alive several times when I should have been severely injured or killed. He directly intervened when the devil came after me to claim me as his own.

For finite, mortal, immensely flawed beings to claim it is the fault of the infinitely intelligent, all fore-knowing, God of love when bad things happen in our lives is to make the same accusations that the devil has made against God ever since his rebellion started. What is that accusation? God didn't give me what I wanted so He is unfair and selfish.

What more could God have given us than His Son? I don't see how it is possible for Him to give us anything more valuable and more greatly needed than that. That we can look at that gift and then say God fails us is to me incomprehensible.

Re: When The Clouds Go By [Re: Elle] #183925
06/02/17 07:48 AM
06/02/17 07:48 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Elle
Originally Posted By: The Wanderer
Jb 36:32 "With clouds he covereth the light; and commandeth it [not to shine] by [the cloud], that cometh betwixt."

"Do the clouds of our experience block out the Light of His presence glory? Isn't it true, that God sometimes, quite simply, "fails" us?

See if I understand your points, dedication!

First, dedication's point : Jesus never fails and He supplies us all that we need. [my summary taken from dedication 1st post]

Jesus never fails.....
But God has promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labor, light for the way,
Grace for the trials, help from above,
Unfailing sympathy, undying love.

So dedication, if we fail... well it's not Jesus failure.... for He gave us all that we needed to succeed. Am I understanding your point?

Second dedication's point; these "clouds" is to build in us the same "faith of Jesus".
The answer I have found is that these small trials are allowed to come to draw us closer to totally dependence upon Christ -- not push us away. He gives the strength to get through, His love supports us, we need to build that trust.

That is the "faith of Jesus" spoken of in Revelation.
Jesus, in His humanity, completed trusted in the Father. And when upon the cross feeling excruciating pain, falsely accused, terribly mistreated, feeling an enormous burden of guilt crushing Him (not His own but bearing ours), feeling deserted by God the Father, yet His faith clung to God, His faith in God and that all things will work out for good to them that trust in Him carried Him through!

The faith of Jesus --
"Here is the endurance of the saints who keep God's commandments and have the faith of Jesus." Rev. 14:12

So are you implying that if we don't make it....well the failure is all ours for we didn't have the "faith of Jesus"?

the wanderer & nadi, do you agree with dedication's points?

I understand the desire to blame God. Adam blamed God when he said "The woman whom thou gavest to be with me". But, the failure was all Adam's and it is the same with us in this life.

Dedication is right in saying that our experiences in this life now prepare us for the much harder experiences in the future. The Faith of Jesus is what the Bible calls that. And of course, it is the Holy Spirit that inspires us and leads us to the truth we need for these last days.

Re: When The Clouds Go By [Re: Alchemy] #183928
06/02/17 09:06 AM
06/02/17 09:06 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
I understand the desire to blame God. Adam blamed God when he said "The woman whom thou gavest to be with me". But, the failure was all Adam's and it is the same with us in this life.

I 100% agree that Adam fell and he bare some level of responsibility in his fall. The same with the Israelites when they came out of Egypt....they bore some level of responsibility in their failure and they all died(except 2) in the dessert and did not enter the promise land.

Regardless, the New Covenant oath that God ALONE made is very Biblical and still stand. With the New Covenant Oath that God made, the responsibility to succeed no longer rest on our shoulder because the new covenant is a ONE WAY UNCONDITIONAL Covenant that God alone has made.

So if someone says that if we fail in our life time we will loose our salvation because we didn't hold our oath of the bargain.... that type of mindset or teachings comes from the OLD Covenant. It is very obvious that these people are teaching the "other gospel" by which history shows that no man can keep their part of their oath.

I find it very interesting that I've presented a very simple Biblical concept of the New Covenant that we all should know....and for some reason...that the New Covenant enters in the category of being an evil & false doctrine??? Beats me? When individuals come to the point of rejecting the most fundamental stone of our Salvation that God has laid for us in scriptures via His death that made Jesus the mediator of the New covenant(not the Old covenant), then for me there's no door for further discussion. I will leave you to continue your path with your Old Testament oath. All the best to you...I do hope you can do better than the Israelites.

Blessings
Re: When The Clouds Go By [Re: Elle] #183929
06/02/17 11:28 AM
06/02/17 11:28 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Originally Posted By: Elle
Originally Posted By: Alchemy

I 100% agree that Adam fell and he bare some level of responsibility in his fall. The same with the Israelites when they came out of Egypt....they bore some level of responsibility in their failure and they all died(except 2) in the dessert and did not enter the promise land.

Regardless, the New Covenant oath that God ALONE made is very Biblical and still stand. With the New Covenant Oath that God made, the responsibility to succeed no longer rest on our shoulder because the new covenant is a ONE WAY UNCONDITIONAL Covenant that God alone has made.

So if someone says that if we fail in our life time we will loose our salvation because we didn't hold our oath of the bargain.... that type of mindset or teachings comes from the OLD Covenant. It is very obvious that these people are teaching the "other gospel" by which history shows that no man can keep their part of their oath.

I find it very interesting that I've presented a very simple Biblical concept of the New Covenant that we all should know....and for some reason...that the New Covenant enters in the category of being an evil & false doctrine??? Beats me? When individuals come to the point of rejecting the most fundamental stone of our Salvation that God has laid for us in scriptures via His death that made Jesus the mediator of the New covenant(not the Old covenant), then for me there's no door for further discussion. I will leave you to continue your path with your Old Testament oath. All the best to you...I do hope you can do better than the Israelites.

Elle,

So in your view God controls all the choices we make? He causes us to not spend time with Him in study on prayer? He causes us to doubt Him? The reason I ask these questions is because they are implied by your belief.

It seems to me that you are very much blaming God for sin for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Romans 14:23 And since God is responsible, in your view, for our lapses of faith He is then the author of sin and temptation.

Re: When The Clouds Go By [Re: The Wanderer] #183933
06/02/17 05:27 PM
06/02/17 05:27 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
gary, elle resolves our lack of free will by believing that God will save everyone. Her favorite website is steeped in universalism. Satan is the author of sin and the idea of universalism. The New Covenant is indeed based on the promises of God only, but ignores the fact that God's love can be rejected. Yes, God wills all to be saved, that does not mean all will be saved. Universalism ultimately claims all men are righteous, no matter what they do for good will at last come out of evil.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!