HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,611
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 2 invisible), 2,944 guests, and 16 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Legal AND/OR healing restoration, [Re: ] #184439
07/09/17 08:28 PM
07/09/17 08:28 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Gary K
Originally Posted By: APL
Do you hot have an answer to my question? I don't think so. Perhaps you believe that sin is not really that bad, it is only breaking some rules which in themselves is not really a problem just that it makes god made and then that god must inflict pain and torture to punish the one who broke the rules. So god is the real problem, not sin. NO, sin destroys the sinner. And the Bible and SOP are very clear how God is involved. God must have been wrong according to your last post in His treatment of Cain. Say nothing of His treatment of Satan.

This is the very last time I will ever respond to you. You have not answered my posts with anything but misdirection and a twisting of words so that the English language becomes meaningless. I see it as so dishonest I am completely disgusted with your behavior.

The 33rd chapter of the Great Controversy is true from my perspective. Your perspective does nothing more than make Ellen White a liar. Retributive justice is not "natural" justice in any way, shape, or form. It is retribution. It is repayment. It is payback. The only way to make retributive justice fit your theology is to ignore the meaning of the English language. Sorry, but that kind of behavior is dishonest to it's very core.

God is loving. God is kind. God is also just. And He will return upon the heads of those who defy Him, His laws, and common decency while at the same time doing all they can to make the lives of their fellow beings miserable just what they have handed out during their lifetimes.

Vengeance is mine: I will repay, saith the Lord. To deny this plain, unequivocal, statement of God's is to make God out to be a liar. Ellen White tells us over and over again to take the Bible "as it reads", and if we do this we cannot go wrong in knowing who God is and what He stands for.

Your theology ultimately makes God out to be some sort of psychopath. If a human being did what you claim God does they would be thrown in jail for abuse and endangerment. Why? Because you make God out to be someone who is so weird that He will not punish His own children, but will instead bring in the neighborhood psychopath and turn him loose upon his own children to punish them while he looks the other way. That is such a vile attack upon God's character it makes me sick.

I didn't come up with the above analogy, but I fully agree with it. The Bible plainly states, and so does Ellen White, that the same angels who protect and serve God's people kill God's, and His people's, enemies when He tells them to, and also will punish His own people, according to God's instructions, when they require it. What do you do? You call "the angel of the Lord" the devil. He is the psychopath in the above analogy that you have God turning loose upon His own children. Just how sick will you make God appear just to justify your pet theology? All this you do so you can say that God will not purposely apply justice and and render sentence upon those who hate Him and everything He stands for.

I'm sorry to have to say this to you, but your theology comes straight from the devil. He is the only being in the universe twisted enough by hatred of God to come up with this.

Christ came to save [rescue, heal] fallen man, and Satan with fiercest wrath met him on the field of conflict; for the enemy knew that when divine strength was added to human weakness, man was armed with power and intelligence, and could break away from the captivity in which he had bound him. [a legal break away? Or a total transformation?] Satan sought to intercept every ray of light from the throne of God. He sought to cast his shadow across the earth, [he still is apparently] that men might lose the true views of God's character, and that the knowledge of God might become extinct in the earth. [we can't let that happen!] He had caused truth of vital importance to be so mingled with error that it had lost its significance. [such as how sinners are destroys?] The law of Jehovah was burdened with needless exactions and traditions, and God was represented as severe, exacting, revengeful, and arbitrary. [even - love Me, or I will kill you!] He was pictured as one who could take pleasure in the sufferings of his creatures. The very attributes that belonged to the character of Satan, the evil one represented as belonging to the character of God. [one who has to actively punish sin, for certainly sin is not so bad as to cause death by itself!] Jesus came to teach men of the Father, to correctly represent him before the fallen children of earth. [if you have seen ME, you have seen the FATHER] Angels could not fully portray the character of God, but Christ, who was a living impersonation of God, could not fail to accomplish the work. [where do we see Christ actively destroying anything? We don't!] The only way in which he could set [justify] and keep [sanctify] men right was to make himself visible and familiar to their eyes. That men might have salvation he came directly to man, and became a partaker of his nature. [salvation is only by partaking of the divine nature, it is not a legal pardon, but healing] {ST, January 20, 1890 par. 6}

The Father was revealed in Christ as altogether a different being from that which Satan had represented him to be.
{ST, January 20, 1890 par. 6}

The psychopathic mindset is if you don't love me, then I'll kill you. No, God has never actively killed anyone. Sin does that just fine. But you want to ignore the plainest statements and only take bits and pieces instead of reading as a whole. When EGW writes, "God destroys no man," you say "yes he does, you take that statement out of context!" Well, I can only hope that someday you will open your eyes and see God as He really is.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Legal AND/OR healing restoration, [Re: APL] #184440
07/10/17 03:59 AM
07/10/17 03:59 AM
dedication  Online Content OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Truth or half truths mixed with error?

If something self-destructs, or if it is smashed with a sledge hammer, is it still destroyed. Yes, sinners will be destroyed! And how does that happen? SIN!!

True it is their clinging to sin that results in their destruction. Sin in that sense destroys them. But the actual substance that destroys them is FIRE, not sin.

Rev. 20:15,14 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire... This is the second death.
Rev. 20:9 fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Mal. 4:3 ...the wicked; for they shall be ashes ....

Originally Posted By: dedication
Who used His power to raise the unsaved from the dead? They already died "the natural death" that sin brought upon the human race.

Sin is the cause both the first and second death. The death that Adam experienced is NOT the death that he was warned about. EGW makes that abundantly clear. No one has ever seen the second death except at the Cross.

But I believe it was the first death Adam was warned against.
Gen. 3:17 " for in the day that you eat thereof dying you shall die."

The dying process began the day they ate the forbidden fruit. That process was much slower back then, now one is barely full grown when the signs of withering up and getting feeble (slowly dying) start to show.

What many fail to realize is that the first death, without Divine intervention, was the "final death".
If Christ had not stood as humanities' surety, and would not have gone to the cross, and paid the penalty God's broken law demanded for Adam and all his descendants, and if any personal sin would have been found in Christ, holding Him in the grave so that He rose not, then there would be no resurrection for anyone.
The first death would be the end of existence forever.

We get too technical over "first death" and "second" death".
Pretending that the "first" death isn't really death. It is really death, the extinction of life.
There would be no return from the first death were it not for Christ's sacrifice.

Thanks to Christ's sacrifice, the first death is not the final death, we call it a "sleep" because Christ gained the victory over the first death and will wake us back to life. It is only because of Christ's victory over the first death, that there is need for a "second death".

The definition of the second death is the forever death-- the final, irreversible extinction of life.

Christ was facing the first death without any mediator, without a savior, without the assurance of a resurrection, thus He experience the full and awful agony of the "final death" for He felt the sins of the world were too great upon Him to allow Him to rise again. He felt the terrible displeasure God the Father against sin. He felt a wall separating Him forever, from the Father.

If Christ had failed to fulfill all the demands of the law in perfect righteousness, and slipped into even a "small" sin, Satan would have triumphed, he could have held Christ in the tomb and there would not have been a resurrection: Not for Christ, nor for anyone else. The first death would have been "the final death".

Adam and Eve's first death would have been the final death, and that would be the end of the story. It would have been FINAL.
There would be no resurrection, thus no need for a second death, as the first would have been final.

1 Cor. 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; you are yet in your sins.
15:18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

There, [at the cross] Christ demonstrated it, [the second death] and we see that God did not execute His Son.

A shift away from the true reason why Christ died --
Was the purpose to "demonstrate" the second death,
or was it to "experience" the penalty and punishment which the law demands of transgressors?

Christ experienced the agony of the final death, (in measures far greater than the wicked will experience when they realize their lot is the final, irreversible death) but even though He fully experienced the agony of facing the final death, Christ did not "demonstrate the second death" He did not die the final death. He rose AGAIN! Praise the Lord!

Christ's resurrection announces to mankind that He, Christ, has triumphed over the grave. He didn't triumph over the second death, BUT HE triumphed over the first death -- no longer is the first death final.

Because Christ triumphed over the first death -- everyone will rise again -- as I pointed out in my last post.

Because of Christ’s victory over death, the grave is not final. The believer does not grieve as one who has no hope (1 Thess. 4:13). Thanks to Jesus’ resurrection all who have died believing and trusting in the Savior, will one day be taken from their graves to be clothed with glorified resurrection bodies (1 Cor. 15:42-44). And so “we shall always be with the Lord” (1 Thess. 4:17).

The unsaved also will be resurrected, BUT for them,

there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Re: Legal AND/OR healing restoration, [Re: dedication] #184441
07/10/17 04:50 AM
07/10/17 04:50 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
True it is their clinging to sin that results in their destruction. Sin in that sense destroys them. But the actual substance that destroys them is FIRE, not sin.
Did Christ experience the second death? If so, then look there. Was there fire involved? YES!

"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" The wrath of God fell upon Christ. This was the hiding of the Father's countenance. [wrath of God = hiding of the Father's countence] Tho innocent, Christ was treated as a sinner, that through His merits sinners, tho guilty, might be treated as the loyal and obedient children of God. Christ died with the sins of the world imputed to Him, that His righteousness might be imputed to the sinner. When the sense of the loss of His Father's favor was withdrawn, Christ had drained the last dregs in the cup of bitterness. {ST, April 14, 1898 par. 9}

In His great suffering, Christ felt no pang of bitterness against His Father. He felt no remorse for His own sins, but for the sins of the fallen race. But those who refuse the gift of Christ will one day feel the sting of remorse. Entire obedience to the law of God is the condition of salvation. Those who refuse this, who refuse to accept Christ, will become embittered against God. When punished [let go, given up, handed over] for transgression, they will feel despair and hatred. This will be the experience of all who do not enter into Christ's suffering; for it is the sure consequence of sin. {ST, April 14, 1898 par. 12}

We read of chains of darkness for the transgressor of God's law. We read of the worm that dieth not,
and of the fire that is not quenched. Thus is represented the experience of every one who has permitted himself to be grafted into the stock of Satan, who has cherished sinful attributes. When it is too late, he will see that sin is the transgression of God's law. He will realize that because of transgression, his soul is cut off from God, and that God's wrath [hiding of the Father's countence] abides on him. This is a fire unquenchable, and by it every unrepentant sinner will be destroyed. [file = mental anguish] Satan strives constantly to lead men into sin, and he who is willing to be led, who refuses to forsake his sins, and despises forgiveness and grace, will suffer the result of his course. {ST, April 14, 1898 par. 13}

Christ experienced the consequence of sin, and it was a fire unquenchable, the same which every unrepentant sinner will be destroyed.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Legal AND/OR healing restoration, [Re: APL] #184442
07/10/17 06:12 AM
07/10/17 06:12 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
You in the past have argued that angels are immortal, evident by the fact that Satan has not died. But that is contrary to scripture, and in fact we know that if Satan has experienced the invitable results of his sin, he would had died.

Why are you posting falsehoods?
Never have I argued that satan and his angels are immortal. Never, never, never.
Why are you accusing me of something I would never say, or believe.

Thank God -- that a time is coming when they will be no more! Satan and his angels are NOT immortal!!!!

God's angels do have a conditional immortality, given them by God, the giver of all life.

Obviously you do not read.
For this is what I wrote -- and only with intense twisting and ignoring key phrases would anyone come to the conclusion that you did.

Why, if sin is simply an intrinsic "DNA" or genetic issue, would the rebellious angels have died back then? The disease would have only begun. Why are they still alive after living with what must be absolutely horrendous defects in their DNA of this is how sin is defined -- they lived in the greatest depths of sin for thousands of years? How is it that they can live and yet be so deeply imbued in the "virus" of sin, if the genetic change in the beginning was already so bad that they would have died right then and there?

You see -- it's not based on "genetics" or "sickness" -- it's based on the fact that sin cannot live in the presence of God's absolute holiness.

The very glory of the holiness of God would have killed them [as they stood there in rebellion in the courts of heaven].

God veils His glory and in mercy gives life to sinners for a time.

We do NOT have life in ourselves. Every breath is a gift of God. Every heartbeat is a gift from God. Life belongs exclusively to God, He is the author of life, the sustainer of life, without Him there is no life.
Sinners are rebelling against God and do NOT deserve life -- but in mercy God grants life that we may come to Him and find eternal life in Him.

The reason God takes away life, is because He gave life!
He can sustain it, or take it --

The only reason satan is still alive is because God grants him life.
He's not immortal, God grants him life, so he can demonstrate his rule.
God' grants life, and God takes life.

That's a principle I've been trying to share -- but you turn it into "immortality' or 'murder'? (Shake head in amazement at such twisting)

Another false statement by APL

When EGW writes, I was shown that the judgments of God would not come directly out from the Lord upon them, but in this way: They place themselves beyond His protection. When is she speaking about this? In the final destruction? In their time here on earth now? You say never!

No -- I said IN THIS LIFE -- go back and read.
You are definitely NOT reading, or comprehending.

For this is what I wrote:

Originally Posted By: Dedication
It's true, in THIS LIFE, God allows people to reap the results of their sin to show the results of sin.
That is part of the great controversy -- to see what satan's rule is like.
Thankfully God many times holds back the fierce evil of sin, to make our lives bearable and even enjoyable.

Yes, living in a world of sin in THIS LIFE brings all sorts of terrible results.

Then APL brought up Korah and his companions, who were swallowed up by the earth. Implying this was "simply God removing His protection" not actively destroying these men.

Actually years ago when some other people first tried to tell us much the same theories APL presents, it was this Bible story that convinced me of their error.

Read the story carefully as described in PP.

Originally Posted By: PP
In the name of the God of Israel, Moses now declared, in the hearing of the congregation: "Hereby ye shall know that the Lord hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind. If these men die the common death of all men, or if they be visited after the visitation of all men, then the Lord hath not sent me. But if the Lord make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down quick into the pit, then ye shall understand that these men have provoked the Lord." {PP 400.4}

So Moses puts forth a challenge --
Much like Elijah put forth a challenge on Mount Carmel.

We know what happened in both those challenges.
Most will readily acknowledge that God sent down the fire on the altar in answer to Elijah's challenge on Mount Carmel.

But -- the advocates of the same theory that APL promotes told me that it was satan that opened the earth to swallow Nathan, Korah and Abiram.

I was astonished! How could that be?
Oh, they said, Satan inspired the jealousy and ambition of these men and was planning the whole thing in order to destroy Israel.

Now, I agree satan was inspiring the jealousy and evil plots these men were hatching.
But who opened the earth to swallow them?

The answer is very clear on this point.

Quote:
As Moses ceased speaking, the solid earth parted, and the rebels went down alive into the pit, with all that pertained to them, and "they perished from among the congregation." The people fled, self-condemned as partakers in the sin. {PP 400.5}
...Overwhelming evidence had been given that they were wrong, and that Moses was right. The signal manifestation of God's power had removed all uncertainty. {PP 401.2}

A signal manifestation of God's power ----
How could anyone ascribe that to the enemy?

But now comes the quote that totally convinced me this theory APL is also sharing, is wrong.

Originally Posted By: Patriarchs and Prophets
Notwithstanding they had had the most convincing evidence of God's displeasure at their course, in the destruction of the men who had deceived them, they dared to attribute His judgments to Satan, declaring that through the power of the evil one, Moses and Aaron had caused the death of good and holy men. It was this act that sealed their doom. They had committed the sin against the Holy Spirit, a sin by which man's heart is effectually hardened against the influence of divine grace.

"They dared to attribute God's judgments to Satan,...
It was this act that sealed their doom."

Re: Legal AND/OR healing restoration, [Re: dedication] #184444
07/10/17 01:46 PM
07/10/17 01:46 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Why, if sin is simply an intrinsic "DNA" or genetic issue, would the rebellious angels have died back then? The disease would have only begun. Why are they still alive after living with what must be absolutely horrendous defects in their DNA of this is how sin is defined -- they lived in the greatest depths of sin for thousands of years? How is it that they can live and yet be so deeply imbued in the "virus" of sin, if the genetic change in the beginning was already so bad that they would have died right then and there? You see -- it's not based on "genetics" or "sickness" -- it's based on the fact that sin cannot live in the presence of God's absolute holiness.
What is it about sin that causes death in the presence of God? EGW is clear that if satan has been left to the inevitiable results of his sin, he would have died. Yes, we are all on artificial life support. Satan and the human race.
When EGW writes, I was shown that the judgments of God would not come directly out from the Lord upon them, but in this way: They place themselves beyond His protection. When is she speaking about this? In the final destruction? In their time here on earth now? You say never!
No -- I said IN THIS LIFE -- go back and read. You are definitely NOT reading, or comprehending. For this is what I wrote: [quote=dedication]It's true, in THIS LIFE, God allows people to reap the results of their sin to show the results of sin. That is part of the great controversy -- to see what satan's rule is like. Thankfully God many times holds back the fierce evil of sin, to make our lives bearable and even enjoyable. Yes, living in a world of sin in THIS LIFE brings all sorts of terrible results.
Then APL brought up Korah and his companions, who were swallowed up by the earth. Implying this was "simply God removing His protection" not actively destroying these men. Actually years ago when some other people first tried to tell us much the same theories APL presents, it was this Bible story that convinced me of their error. Read the story carefully as described in PP.
Originally Posted By: pp by dedication
In the name of the God of Israel, Moses now declared, in the hearing of the congregation: "Hereby ye shall know that the Lord hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind. If these men die the common death of all men, or if they be visited after the visitation of all men, then the Lord hath not sent me. But if the Lord make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down quick into the pit, then ye shall understand that these men have provoked the Lord." {PP 400.4}
And you need to read this in the context of Numbers 21:6 Then the LORD sent poisonous snakes among the people, and many Israelites were bitten and died.

But did the LORD send fiery serpents? And in Korah's case, we have further evidence: 1 Corinthians 10:10 We must not complain, as some of them did---and they were destroyed by the Angel of Death.

And this is why I say you DO believe that the judgments of God do indeed come directly out from Him. But EGW's comment is not qualified to say, occationally His judgments do not come directly out from Him. Thus, this statement from your viewpoint cannot be ever appied. When EGW writes that God is not the executioner of the sentence against transgression but leaves the sinner to reap that which they have sewn, you say, NOPE - that did not happen to Korah. So I cannot see where ever you would apply these statements.
Originally Posted By: PP
Korah would not have taken the course he did had he known that all the directions and reproofs communicated to Israel were from God. But he might have known this. God had given overwhelming evidence that He was leading Israel. But Korah and his companions rejected light until they became so blinded that the most striking manifestations of His power were not sufficient to convince them; they attributed them all to human or satanic agency. [Korah speaking] The same thing was done by the people, who the day after the destruction of Korah and his company came to Moses and Aaron, saying, "Ye have killed the people of the Lord." Notwithstanding they had had the most convincing evidence of God's displeasure at their course, in the destruction of the men who had deceived them, they dared to attribute His judgments to Satan, declaring that through the power of the evil one, Moses and Aaron had caused the death of good and holy men. It was this act that sealed their doom. They had committed the sin against the Holy Spirit, a sin by which man's heart is effectually hardened against the influence of divine grace. "Whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man," said Christ, "it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him." Matthew 12:32. These words were spoken by our Saviour when the gracious works which He had performed through the power of God were attributed by the Jews to Beelzebub. It is through the agency of the Holy Spirit that God communicates with man; and those who deliberately reject this agency as satanic, have cut off the channel of communication between the soul and Heaven. {PP 404.4}

"They dared to attribute God's judgments to Satan,... It was this act that sealed their doom."

Read the full quote what sealed their doom - it was not that their accusation was that the judgment was done by Satan alone, but that it was Moses and Aaron using the power of Satan. Accusing Moses and Aaron sealed their doom.

Re: Legal AND/OR healing restoration, [Re: dedication] #184445
07/10/17 02:12 PM
07/10/17 02:12 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
dedication,

I would add to your evidence of Korah, Nathan and Abiram, the story of Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron who were slain by fire that came from God.

Quote:
But soon afterward a sudden and terrible calamity fell upon the family of the high priest. At the hour of worship, as
the prayers and praise of the people were ascending to God, two of the sons of Aaron took each his censer and burned
fragrant incense thereon, to rise as a sweet odor before the Lord. But they transgressed His command by the use of
“strange fire,” For burning the incense they took common instead of the sacred fire which God Himself had kindled,
and which He had commanded to be used for this purpose, For this sin a fire went out from the Lord and devoured
them in the sight of the people. PP p.359

Quote:
Leviticus 10: 1 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the Lord, which he commanded them not.
2 And there went out fire from the Lord, and devoured them, and they died before the Lord.

Re: Legal AND/OR healing restoration, [Re: dedication] #184448
07/10/17 03:07 PM
07/10/17 03:07 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Leviticus 10:1-2 Aaron's sons, Nadab and Abihu, each took his fire pan, put live coals in it, added incense, and presented it to the LORD. But this fire was not holy, because the LORD had not commanded them to present it. (2) Suddenly the LORD sent fire, and it burned them to death there in the presence of the LORD.

Leviticus 10:4-5 Moses called Mishael and Elzaphan, the sons of Uzziel, Aaron's uncle, and said to them, "Come here and carry your cousins' bodies away from the sacred Tent and put them outside the camp." (5) So they came and took hold of the clothing on the corpses and carried them outside the camp, just as Moses had commanded.

The fire comes from God to kill the impenitent such as the drunken Nadab and Abihu, went into the sanctuary without the protection of the incense. In this case it is found that they entered into God's presence with their own fire, their own righteousness, which cannot endure before Him.

The same principle applies to the two hundred and fifty princes in the story of the rebellion of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram. These men had also come before the Lord with their own fire. Such is done by the rebel, as if to state, no, as truly stating, "We will not have this Jesus reign over us." They are making a fundamental statement of intent to stand on their own and in defiance of God's righteousness as their only covering and protection, they boldly try to come before Him on their own merits. God honors their final choice in the matter, and we have then a dramatic example of the withdrawal of His word, the fire of the Holy Spirit, from them, and they are "consumed," not in a physical rapid oxidation from great heat, but they die immediately by the cessation of God's sustaining power within their being.

Isaiah 33:14-15 The sinful people of Zion are trembling with fright. They say, "God’s judgment is like a fire that burns forever. Can any of us survive a fire like that?" (15) You can survive if you say and do what is right. Don’t use your power to cheat the poor and don’t accept bribes. Don’t join with those who plan to commit murder or to do other evil things.

"I indeed baptize you in water unto repentance," said John; "but He that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire." Matthew 3:11, R. V., margin. The prophet Isaiah had declared that the Lord would cleanse His people from their iniquities "by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning." The word of the Lord to Israel was, "I will turn My hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin." Isaiah 4:4; 1:25. To sin, wherever found, "our God is a consuming fire." Hebrews 12:29. In all who submit to His power the Spirit of God will consume sin. But if men cling to sin, they become identified with it. Then the glory of God, which destroys sin, must destroy them. Jacob, after his night of wrestling with the Angel, exclaimed, "I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." Genesis 32:30. Jacob had been guilty of a great sin in his conduct toward Esau; but he had repented. His transgression had been forgiven, and his sin purged; therefore he could endure the revelation of God's presence. But wherever men came before God while willfully cherishing evil, they were destroyed. At the second advent of Christ the wicked shall be consumed "with the Spirit of His mouth," and destroyed "with the brightness of His coming." 2 Thessalonians 2:8. The light of the glory of God, which imparts life to the righteous, will slay the wicked. {DA 107.4}

In the time of John the Baptist, Christ was about to appear as the revealer of the character of God. His very presence would make manifest to men their sin. Only as they were willing to be purged from sin could they enter into fellowship with Him. Only the pure in heart could abide in His presence.
{DA 108.1}

Re: Legal AND/OR healing restoration, [Re: dedication] #184450
07/10/17 04:56 PM
07/10/17 04:56 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Originally Posted By: EGW

As Moses ceased speaking, the solid earth parted, and the rebels went down alive into the pit, with all that pertained to them, and "they perished from among the congregation." The people fled, self-condemned as partakers in the sin. {PP 400.5}
...Overwhelming evidence had been given that they were wrong, and that Moses was right. The signal manifestation of God's power had removed all uncertainty. {PP 401.2}

A signal manifestation of God's power ----
How could anyone ascribe that to the enemy?

Originally Posted By: EGW
Notwithstanding they had had the most convincing evidence of God's displeasure at their course, in the destruction of the men who had deceived them, they dared to attribute His judgments to Satan, declaring that through the power of the evil one, Moses and Aaron had caused the death of good and holy men. It was this act that sealed their doom. They had committed the sin against the Holy Spirit, a sin by which man's heart is effectually hardened against the influence of divine grace.

"They dared to attribute God's judgments to Satan,...
It was this act that sealed their doom."

Re: Legal AND/OR healing restoration, [Re: dedication] #184451
07/10/17 05:06 PM
07/10/17 05:06 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
You keep leaving out the important part, in your ...

they dared to attribute His judgments to Satan, declaring that through the power of the evil one, Moses and Aaron had caused the death of good and holy men. It was this act that sealed their doom.

Declaring that through the power of the evil one, Moses and Aaron cause the death of good and holy men. Did Moses and Aaron via ANY power cause the death Korah et al? Nope. THAT accusation is what sealed the doom their accusers. I can understand why you want to use ellipses to remove the point of the statement, because it destroys your argument.

Re: Legal AND/OR healing restoration, [Re: ] #184452
07/10/17 05:25 PM
07/10/17 05:25 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: kland
I just realized part of what I said above isn't entirely accurate. I once stated here that I would not discuss the God doesn't kill theology and apl and kland got pretty upset with me for saying I had rejected it after a studying it. So I can't say that I have never seen apl talk about it here. I had just forgotten about it until a few seconds ago.
You're going to have to refresh my memory.

The post number of yours is #182862. It is in the rejection of the testimonies thread and it is dated 3/21/2017.

Here it is:
Originally Posted By: kland
APL,

I have studied the "God doesn't kill" theology and soundly rejected it. I refuse to even discuss it.
Do you accept, "Be good or God will kill you", if not torturing you first?

So by asking, "Do you accept", in response to you rejecting that "God doesn't kill", mean I'm "pretty upset" with you?

Really?

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!