HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, 1 invisible), 3,202 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: Nadi] #184223
06/25/17 01:48 AM
06/25/17 01:48 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
No need for God's people to fear "judgment in any way because. The pre-Advent judgment is in favor of the saints:

'As I watched, this horn was waging war against the saints and defeating them, until the Ancient of Days came and pronounced judgment in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came when they possessed the kingdom'" (verses 21, 22, N.I.V.).

This translation is slightly different from the King James Version, which reads: "judgment was given to the saints of the most High." Brown, Driver, and Briggs render this phrase: "Judgment was given in favor of."

For 1260 years the saints had been persecuted, condemned, and slain under the dominion of the apostate power of the "little horn," which claimed to stand in the place of God, with the right to forgive sins and to decide cases for right or wrong.

The judgment of the church on earth had gone against them all these years. At last the record is to be put straight. The pre-Advent judgment will reverse the judgment against them by the antichrist and his earthly agents.

This judgment rendered by the heavenly tribunal cannot be called into question. It is the only true court of appeal; God's judgment in and from the heavenly sanctuary will reveal who the true saints are.

Once that judgment has been completed, the text declares: " 'The time came when they possessed the kingdom'" (verse 22, N.I.V.). And when do the saints possess the kingdom?

Quote:
"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory. . . . Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world" (Matt. 25:31-34)

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: Nadi] #184226
06/25/17 04:58 AM
06/25/17 04:58 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Originally Posted By: Nadi
erhaps start another thread.

Those 4 questions are very relevant to the subject of this thread.

Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: ] #184229
06/25/17 05:37 PM
06/25/17 05:37 PM
N
Nadi  Offline OP
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Originally Posted By: Gary K
Unfortunately I do not share that view, but simply see it as a second attempt to de-rail the discussion.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: Nadi] #184230
06/25/17 06:04 PM
06/25/17 06:04 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Elle,

Before we get into scripture I have a few questions for you.

1. Do you see a struggle between good and evil down throughout human history?

2. Do you see that struggle in your own life and the lives of others?

3. Is there clear misconception of who God is in the world?

4. In the Garden of Eden when the devil tempted Adam and Eve what was the temptation based on? What idea?
Perhaps start another thread.
I agree with Nadi, this belongs in a separate topic, perhaps something along the lines of "The Great Controversy?" Perhaps the person asking these questions could help us out with a little more explanation on why these questions are being proposed here?

- The Wanderer
Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: ] #184231
06/25/17 06:05 PM
06/25/17 06:05 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
erhaps start another thread.

If that is so; perhaps you can lead the way and answer them, as well as explain better this statement?

- The Wanderer
Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: Nadi] #184232
06/25/17 06:21 PM
06/25/17 06:21 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Hi Nadi; I thought it might be helpful for you to see the "official" view point on "The Investigative Judgment." Sometimes called The PreAdvent Judgment. When you have a chance to read it and think about it, then maybe we could answer more specific questions you might have about it? This is taken from the 27 Fundamental beliefs book. There is now, a similar book out with 28 fundamentals listed.

Quote:
25. Christ's Ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary:
There is a sanctuary in heaven, the true tabernacle which the Lord set up and not man. In it Christ ministers on our behalf, making available to believers the benefits of His atoning sacrifice offered once for all on the cross. He was
inaugurated as our great High Priest and began His intercessory ministry at the time of His ascension.
In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry. It is a work of investigative judgment which is part of the ultimate disposition of all sin, typified by the
cleansing of the ancient Hebrew sanctuary on the Day of Atonement. In that typical service the sanctuary was cleansed with the blood of animal sacrifices, but the heavenly things are purified with the perfect sacrifice of the blood of Jesus.
The investigative judgment reveals to heavenly intelligences who among the dead are asleep in Christ and therefore, in Him, are deemed worthy to have part in the first resurrection.
It also makes manifest who among the living are abiding in Christ, keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, and in Him, therefore, are ready for translation into His everlasting kingdom. This judgment vindicates the justice of God in saving those who believe in Jesus. It declares that those who have remained loyal to God shall receive the
kingdom. The completion of this ministry of Christ will mark the close of human probation before the Second Advent.
(Heb. 8:1-5; 4:14-16; 9:11-28; 10:19-22; 1:3; 2:16, 17; Dan. 7:9-27; 8:13,14; 9:24-27; Num. 14:34; Eze. 4:6; Lev.16; Rev. 14:6, 7; 20:12; 14:12;22:12.)
There is more explanation of this in the book, but they do make the point that what I have quoted here is the only part that is "official." I hope this helps. smile

- The Wanderer
Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: The Wanderer] #184233
06/25/17 06:58 PM
06/25/17 06:58 PM
N
Nadi  Offline OP
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Thanks for posting that, Wanderer. I have read this before but do not have a copy with me at this time.

Give me a little time to unpack it and demonstrate the kind of support I would consider adequate for a doctrine such as this.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: Nadi] #184234
06/25/17 07:08 PM
06/25/17 07:08 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Thanks for posting that, Wanderer. I have read this before but do not have a copy with me at this time.

Give me a little time to unpack it and demonstrate the kind of support I would consider adequate for a doctrine such as this.
That sounds good. Take your time. There's no rush on my end. I will say one more brief comment. This doctrine appealed to me quite a bit when I first became a Christian. Out of all the possible doctrines that might have convinced me to be baptized and commit myself to God, this was the one that did it. That being said, I am totally in support of people asking questions, but I will not fight or argue about it. Its just something i found very helpful, and I will share what I know. smile

- The Wanderer
Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: Nadi] #184238
06/26/17 08:26 AM
06/26/17 08:26 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Elle

Here's a short respond of what I see what scripture is saying about the question of evil.

-According to Is 45:7 God says He created evil

-in Lev 26 we have very explicit repeated language that The Lord is the one that brings unto us "evil" in the form of all those calamities listed in that chapter.

We need to look at all scripture (but of course we can't quote all scripture in any one post, that's the frustrating part) but
that is the only way the whole subject of the sanctuary really shines forth as truth.

As to this "evil"-- who is responsible?

How do you balance your texts with these texts?

1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

Psalms 145:17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.

Anyone who says God works or does evil is basically saying God is not holy. Thus of course we wouldn't have any call to be holy either.
That of course is Satan's lie, so how does scripture reconcile this?

God did NOT create sin, God created perfect intelligent beings, with the capacity to love, praise, think, understand, and choose. There were no calamities, sickness, etc. etc. in the perfection of God's finished creation.

Scripture says of all God's creation:

Gen. 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.

Sin challenged God's righteous government?
Sin is rebellion against God's moral law?
Sin is evil and totally messes up God's perfect creation.
The whole mess the human race is in is due to the rejection of God's righteous government which is based upon His moral law.

That is the whole controversy.

In Isaiah 14 we read that -- A highly exalted created being allowed little thoughts to grow in his mind -- he began to think he was too bright and brilliant to subject himself to God's government, he would establish his form of government above God's government.

God is all powerful -- He could have wiped the rebellion out right at the start. He could stop all evil in an instant -- or allow the evil doers to exercise their will.

If you really read your scriptures you will find a God who wants people to LOVE Him and serve Him, not because they HAVE to, but because the WANT to.
Remember the verse "IF YOU LOVE ME, keep my commandments" (John 14:15)
In other words -- the "love me" comes first, obedience joyfully follows.

But in a perfect world -- the heavenly hosts had never experienced a life outside of God's will --
-- that doubting angel began planting doubts in their perfect minds.
-- "did God tell you to do this, or not do that -- God knows that if you disobey you will be like him -- you're will be elevated to new heights! (See Gen 3:1-5 for a sample of satan's method of placing doubts about God in unsuspecting minds)

If God had simply put an end to it then and there -- would the created beings have obeyed Him because they loved Him and loved His righteous, holy ways, or would they have served only out of duty or fear?

Earth thus became a "theater" so to speak.
God says -- OK let's just see where this "new government" (the freedom from God's law) style leads.

Thus created beings who thought they were "smarter" than God (who like Lucifer want to set their thrones above God's throne Is 14) were allowed to show what the results would be.

What most don't realize is just how much God has RESTRAINED evil, so that life is still somewhat bearable on this earth,
where the "prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience" (Eph 2:3)stakes out his claims.

Just read the book of Isaiah, especially the chapters 40 and onward -- how God is pleading with his people to look to Him, He alone is the source of salvation and hope, why do they turn away and go after to those stupid idols and their rebellious ways? Time and again they turned away from God, and God allowed their enemies to harass them, then they would cry unto the LORD, and He would raise up a deliverer and deliver them, but no sooner were things going well, and they turned away from God, and the cycle went on and on ever spiraling downward. (see Psalms 106-107).
People today are no different. Why can't people see the goodness of God and the deceitful poison of sin?
Instead they tend to blame God for the mess that sin has made.

The investigative judgment -- that judgment at which the entire heavenly host is a witness (See Daniel 7) is allowed to view the situation in it's true light, before God executes any final judgment. God's patient dealings working to draw people to Himself -- to LIFE! vs the workings of sin and the resulting damage to emotional, mental and physical well being which this rejection of the only One who can save, brings! All fully are opened.

God will not put an end to sin until all realize the truth of the matter-- and the justice, as well as holiness, and righteousness of God in all His works.
Those who want God's blessings and protection, just so they can continue to live a life of rebellion against God's will and moral laws -- would never be happy or even be able to live in God's presence.

Those who are saved, and cleansed by Christ's blood, will without a shadow of a doubt know and rejoice that God's ways are great, awesome, wonderful and that's the way they WANT to live, they LOVE HIM, and long to be in fellowship with HIM, forever. They will know that in Him there is NO DARKNESS at all.
The scriptures are full of texts of praise from those who contemplate God's holiness.

So yes -- the IJ is an integral part, and is both biblical as well as making sense in bringing the controversy to an end.

Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: Nadi] #184239
06/26/17 02:05 PM
06/26/17 02:05 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
To tack onto what dedication said above, if Isaiah 45:7 is meant to be taken in the literal sense that God actually created evil then James 1:13 is a lie, for James said, God tempts no man.

The only way these two verses can be harmonized is to understand that God is taking the responsibility for evil because He gave us the power of choice, and with the power of choice came the possibility of evil. In that way, and that way alone, can God be said to have created evil.

Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!