HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,632
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication), 3,496 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
God is so merciful and good to me #18587
11/25/05 11:45 PM
11/25/05 11:45 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Some of you know that the place where I have been at for the past 9 yrs as a security officer will be closing down very shortly. They are tearing down the racks and most of the Hewlitt Packard product has been shipped to KY. So there is only a few weeks left.

They have been trying to find other posts for us as they come up with other accounts. We also just lost the Hewlitt Packard account where they were thinking they would move us to so those places are out.

I have been with the UPS account who was contracted to do work for Hewlitt Packard.

My Account Manager for the UPS account was offered a job with another security company a few weeks ago and she took it. When she left our company the rover(security officer who reponds to any emergency, gives breaks, etc.) took her place as the Account Manger since we only had about a month left, and they did not want to hire another Account Manager for that account. When he took that position I moved to his position because the rover position would be the very last position to be closed.

This meant I would be working more closely with my co-workers..security officers instead of the client. As I would be giving breaks now. There were two officers in the front of the building, lobby and the Control center who I would be dealing with now. I have been out in this area for the whole 9 yrs with this job. In those 9 yrs I have never ever worked with two of the most rudest and moody people. The very first day was a test of my character and I failed miserable. I did not fail to the wordly standards as the rest of the people said I handled it terrific. Well I know different. However I am not one to carry grudges or turn people in and I was able to keep things better by just acting pleasant and smiling. And most of all lots of continual prayer to God for help. I am not exagerarting on these two people. I had to lay down the law for lack of the correct ways to say it. And they found out that I was not going to lay down and let them do to me what they do to others. They did not like it but things were somewhat better. I only went up there to give the control person her breaks and lunch.

However....the first time in 9 yrs I dreaded getting up and going to work. With me making my stand with these two people another officer decided to do the same. And did and I believe this made them madder at me cause she would not stay up there either. So things were not getting better for them I guess.

Thursday in my prayer time I pleaded with God to have mercy and find me another job elsewhere, I was now ready to go. It has been hard for me to actually want to look at the other posts coming up. I wanted to keep hanging on there. Praying God would perform a miracle and they would stay here. I knew He could, if it was His will.

All the other accounts where there was a post I could do had to work on Sabbath hours so they were out.

When I went to give the control officer her first break that morning (Thursday) she was very hostile to me and tried to pick a fight with me. I just kept smiling and was doing all I could to just give her her break. (boss is not there all the itme) Well she finally goes on her break. The lobby guy is just standing there grinning from ear to ear...so I just keep calm and watch the cameras, etc. I just can not understand how people can be so rude and moody and mean to others. However I am glad it was directed at me instead of others who cannot handle it very well.

While I was in the warehouse doing patrol the account manager comes in and calls me on the nextel and wants to meet in the back with me. Of course I'm thinkin she went to him and complained about me. I should have known better as Carl and I have worked togther for 8 yrs and he knows how she is. I have never told him what they do to me. Handle it myself.

He had a message for me to call our former manager, Khalida. God is good isn't he. If this officer had not done what she had just done to me I dont know if I would have had the courge to call her after work right away. See she needed me to call right away. God's timetable is always the best. Amen.

She had a job offer for me. A new graveyard postition was opening up at her company on Dec. 1 and I could pick my nights. She knows that I will not work on Sabbath hours and told the company she is with now. So I will be working from Midnight to 0800 Sunday thru Thursday. With Friday and Sabbath off. I will be a gateofficer again at a gated community. This is all going to be different but I know God will be with me.

I put in my resignation with my company on Thursday after work. Hard for me to do. But this place is closing real soon.

Re: God is so merciful and good to me #18588
11/26/05 12:12 AM
11/26/05 12:12 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
It's good to see God's leading in this area of your life. [Smile]

Re: God is so merciful and good to me #18589
11/26/05 12:22 PM
11/26/05 12:22 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Avalee,

It is a wonderful blessing to hear praises to the Lord!

This week I was studying about hospitality, and it seems the Lord was carrying you through the same type of lesson.

It is not easy to remember those blessed words on the cross
"...Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do...." , but with Christ's strentgh we are assured we will travel through and be hospitable to our enemies like some of our Brethren in the scriptures. How blessed it is to give dear Avalee, what a joy and delight to hear your testimony.

Here is the memory verse to this education:
1 Peter 4:9 “Use hospitality one to another without grudging”

Things pertaining to hospitality:

• How would you define hospitality?
  • Mention two examples of hospitality in the Old Testament.
  • Explain the experience of Joseph with his brothers.
  • Who were the only survivors of Jericho, and why?
  • Summarize Job’s experience in the welfare work and explain how many more can imitate his example.
Sister, thank you for this refreshing post!

With Christian love,
Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
Cheri Fritz

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/15/24 09:27 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!