HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Bible Questions & Answers / Facts That We Can All Agree With [Re: Elle] #186587
05/05/18 01:27 PM
05/05/18 01:27 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
So what is the next question, Daryl?

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Bible Questions & Answers / Facts That We Can All Agree With [Re: JAK] #186588
05/05/18 09:31 PM
05/05/18 09:31 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted By: JAK

We know that the devil using the serpent, as in making it appear that the serpent was actually speaking in the the devil by having taken possession of the serpent, tempted and was successful in deceiving Eve, but who tempted Adam?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Bible Questions & Answers / Facts That We Can All Agree With [Re: Daryl] #186610
05/08/18 12:26 PM
05/08/18 12:26 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Daryl

We know that the devil using the serpent, as in making it appear that the serpent was actually speaking in the the devil by having taken possession of the serpent, tempted and was successful in deceiving Eve, but who tempted Adam?

Can we say that the devil was using Eve as a medium? The devil had used the serpent as a medium before -- why not do the same but by using Eve this time?

So basically the answer is the same -- the devil -- but via Eve this time?

Blessings
Re: Bible Questions & Answers / Facts That We Can All Agree With [Re: Elle] #186614
05/08/18 07:10 PM
05/08/18 07:10 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
So from Scripture we have the story of the fall of Man: Eve is tempted by the Serpent, eats the fruit, gives some to Adam, who eats and voila---Man falls.

Essentially we are in OUR predicament today because:
A woman
Listened to a voice (A talking animal, of all things)
Did something she was told not to
Which unleashes Hell on the world.

Seriously?

How is this story essentially different from Pandora and her famous box?

In that story we have:
A Woman
Who listens to a voice
Does something she was told not to

Both stories are found in ancient writings, and yet we believe one and not the other.

BOTH stories:
A) cast WOMEN as the source of evil, and
B) support the spiritually abusive "male headship" bull*hit being so militantly promoted and supported by those who worry only about maintaining the status quo and whose employment and or power and influence it might affect.

Re: Bible Questions & Answers / Facts That We Can All Agree With [Re: JAK] #186615
05/08/18 10:22 PM
05/08/18 10:22 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
So from Scripture we have the story of the fall of Man: Eve is tempted by the Serpent, eats the fruit, gives some to Adam, who eats and voila---Man falls.

A woman

Seriously?

In that story we have:
A Woman
Who listens to a voice

Both stories are found in ancient writings, and yet we believe one and not the other.

BOTH stories:
B) support the spiritually abusive "male headship" bull*hit being so militantly promoted and supported by those who worry only about maintaining the status quo and whose employment and or power and influence it might affect.

• We believe the one and not the other because the one is true and the other is not. There was no box, and no such person as Pandora. We believe the Bible because there was a Garden of Eden in which the first human beings, created by God, lived. They chose to do something wrong and so forfeited any claim to the Tree of Life.

The Tree of Life was a gift, a promise. One does not, of oneself, demand a gift nor decide that one is deserving of a promise. A gift is given to one for whom there is much affection in a relationship. Does a man give anniversary presents to all the women in his neighbourhood?

Having lost the gift of Eternal Life, what ensued was "hell on earth". He who puts his hand in the fire will be scared for life. But the promise still remains. If anyone turns to God through Christ, as Jesus has said, he will not perish but have everlasting life. Remember that.

• As regards male headship: Jesus chose 12 men and said to them, "Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." Mat. 19:28

Are you going to rebel in heaven because 12 men and no women were chosen from earth to be head, leader, and judge along with Jesus Christ who was a man Himself? Are you planning on confronting God on the first day there about Adam being a man and not a woman? Shall the clay say to the potter, "What are you making?" Is it not within the potter's power to look upon the intractable lump in His hand and smash it?

Is it not written this way? ...

Originally Posted By: Job 40:1-5
    Moreover the Lord answered Job, and said: "Shall the one who contends with the Almighty correct Him? He who rebukes God, let him answer it."

Then Job answered the Lord and said: "Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer You? I lay my hand over my mouth. Once I have spoken, but I will not answer; Yes, twice, but I will proceed no further."

How it then, you do not bow your head in shame?

///

Re: Bible Questions & Answers / Facts That We Can All Agree With [Re: James Peterson] #186617
05/09/18 12:22 AM
05/09/18 12:22 AM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
We believe the one and not the other because the one is true and the other is not. There was no box, and no such person as Pandora. We believe the Bible because there was a Garden of Eden in which the first human beings, created by God, lived. They chose to do something wrong and so forfeited any claim to the Tree of Life.

The Tree of Life was a gift, a promise. One does not, of oneself, demand a gift nor decide that one is deserving of a promise. A gift is given to one for whom there is much affection in a relationship. Does a man give anniversary presents to all the women in his neighbourhood?

Having lost the gift of Eternal Life, what ensued was "hell on earth". He who puts his hand in the fire will be scared for life. But the promise still remains. If anyone turns to God through Christ, as Jesus has said, he will not perish but have everlasting life. Remember that.

As regards male headship: Jesus chose 12 men and said to them, "Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." Mat. 19:28

Hope that's workin' for you...

Originally Posted By: James Peterson
Are you going to rebel in heaven because 12 men and no women were chosen from earth to be head, leader, and judge along with Jesus Christ who was a man Himself? Are you planning on confronting God on the first day there about Adam being a man and not a woman? Shall the clay say to the potter, "What are you making?" Is it not within the potter's power to look upon the intractable lump in His hand and smash it?

Maybe I am. ******* STAFF EDIT ******* I don't answer to you.

Last edited by Daryl; 05/09/18 11:07 PM. Reason: Staff Edit to remove inappropriate language.

Re: Bible Questions & Answers / Facts That We Can All Agree With [Re: JAK] #186630
05/12/18 12:22 PM
05/12/18 12:22 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada

There could be more to this story than what most denominations has as an "official" story. As I mentioned in post #186531 :
Originally Posted By: elle
We take Is 14 and relate this to be the devil....but I have studied that chapter in details...and to me it relates more to Adam than the devil.

For example, if you read Is 14:16 "They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;" Satan is not a man...Adam is a man.

According to Isaiah 14, satan Adam wanted to exalt himself above God.

Originally Posted By: Jak
A woman

Seriously?

In that story we have:
A Woman
Who listens to a voice

BOTH stories:

That's a good point how these two stories amount to both blaming Eve.

You know that this "spiritually abusive "male headship" bull*hit" is found in the Bible if you read the Bible literally. And that's where the main problem lies of most interpretation. Many haven't understood yet that God talks in "dark speeches" (chiydah, which means a riddle, a puzzle to be solved).

Num 12:6 "6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream. 7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house. 8 With him(Moses) will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; H2420 and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?"

In this dispute, Aaron & Miriam was claiming to be an equal prophet to Moses (see Num 12:2); but God Himself said that was not so. Moses was more than a prophet by which Moses understood God's language whereas prophets don't. That's the same case with most people including EGW. We are far from understanding God's symbolic or puzzled language like Moses or Paul had.

Take note that Jesus also spoke in parables -- another form of riddle.

Concerning "male headship bull*hit", we end up with such interpretaton when we read scripture literally. However, if we look at scriptures more closely we will find that there's no female gendered language attributed to the "sons of God". However we know that woman will be saved also. Then why does the Bible never speaks of the "daughters of God"?

Because the spiritual maturity is symbolized throughout the Bible as being a male.....because a male is able to pass on the SEED (the seed of the gospel). God always uses the natural realm to explain the spiritual realm.

Also, as we know in the natural, boys are not physically capable of producing the seed. Even if they become capable ... according to scriptures they need to be trained before hand and supervised by the priests before they can enter the ministry. 30 is the age of [spiritual] maturity in the law. John the Baptist and Jesus both were 30 when they started their ministry.

Whereas, a female never can produce a seed. She is (symbolically) the recipient of the seed by which portrays someone that haven't received the gospel seed yet.

So if we take the symbolic meaning and apply it to someone's spiritual maturity level... a man that haven't received the gospel seed yet is symbolically a woman....however, a woman that is spiritually mature that can pass on the gospel seed to someone else is symbolically a man according to scriptures.

Blessings
Re: Bible Questions & Answers / Facts That We Can All Agree With [Re: Elle] #186631
05/12/18 01:44 PM
05/12/18 01:44 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Elle, your posts are always interesting to read. COSMICAllY flawed theology, but interesting.

Originally Posted By: Elle
You know that this "spiritually abusive "male headship" bull*hit" is found in the Bible if you read the Bible literally.

Being "found in the Bible" does not make something "Biblical." We also "find in the Bible":
- Incest
- polygamy
- genocide
- Heaven located beside Hell
- keeping of feast days
- sex with your brother's wife if he dies
- stoning your disobedient children
- etc., etc., etc.

I believe the words of Scripture mean exactly what they say, unless there is a specific reason to understand them symbolically.
Therefore, as I've said in other posts, I cannot agree with your system of interpreting Scripture by "dark riddles" and spiritual laws and hidden meanings. I'm sure it works great for you, but not for me.

Re: Bible Questions & Answers / Facts That We Can All Agree With [Re: JAK] #186646
05/13/18 02:44 PM
05/13/18 02:44 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
You know that this "spiritually abusive "male headship" bull*hit" is found in the Bible if you read the Bible literally.

Being "found in the Bible" does not make something "Biblical." We also "find in the Bible":
- Incest
- polygamy
- genocide
- Heaven located beside Hell
- keeping of feast days
- sex with your brother's wife if he dies
- stoning your disobedient children
- etc., etc., etc.

So how do you read these text JAK? Do you ignore them? Do you say it applied only to Moses time? ???

I believe the words of Scripture mean exactly what they say, unless there is a specific reason to understand them symbolically.

I do agree that Scripture means what they say, but not exactly. Most of the time some sort of symbolism is attach to it. Like for example in the animals sacrifices, it does mean that a death is involve but it was symbolized by different types of animals. Each animals represents different aspects of Jesus' nature. Plus each ritual details represents different LEGAL aspect that pertains to the plan of salvation. These are all symbolically written in "dark speeches"(puzzle to be solved).

The 7 items you provided above, I do see the symbolism in 4 of them. Remember Jesus said that all the law(Torah == first 5 books) will be fulfilled. (Jesus said "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." Mat 5:18)

So these texts that appears "non-God-like" will be fulfill by Jesus in some ways. I don't believe they are fulfilled literally, but symbolically showing the spiritual realm.

- polygamy : God had 2 wives, Israel and Judah (see Jer 3; Hos 2:2; etc...)

- keeping of feast days : In brief, feasts relates to our spiritual growth in 3 steps. With Passover God describes that only Jesus righteousness save us. Jesus righteousness is imputed to us. Pentecost is between Passover and Tabernacle. It is the sanctification process that Jesus will employ to bring us to spiritual maturity. Tabernacle is our glorification when we will abide in God's house surrounded with "live branches" which equates to God's glory / immortality. These are all described symbolically.

- sex with your brother's wife if he dies : Jesus is our eldest brother who died childless. We are to beget (passing the gospel seed) children to Him. (1Co 4:15 "for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." see also Phm 1:10 )

- stoning your disobedient children : Those that remain "disobedient" during their lifetime will resurrect after the Millennium and face the white throne judgment. Stoning was always done by a group of people after they had reached a verdict. At the Great white throne, the 144K will judge with Jesus. Yes death is involved but it is the 2nd death (submitting our will to God ==spiritual death -- the same death we have at baptism -- "every knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess") and not the 1st death (the physical death).

Therefore, as I've said in other posts, I cannot agree with your system of interpreting Scripture by "dark riddles" and spiritual laws and hidden meanings. I'm sure it works great for you, but not for me.

? I think you didn't have a chance to give this a thorough thought. I don't think that works for you...for if it did... you will need to go against much scriptures. Anyway here's some reasons why I think you haven't give this some serious reflection :

-God said very straight forward in Num 12:8 that He speaks in "dark speeches" -- check out the definition and usage of the Hebrew word H2420-chiydah https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H2420&t=KJV
-all over the Bible there's lots and lots of symbolism He employs to explain to us the spiritual realms and His plan,
-Jesus always spoke to the crowd in parables that had hidden meanings,
-the book of Revelation is big time written in symbolism and filled with hidden meanings,
-and His laws are spiritual as Paul said in Rom 7:14 "the law is spiritual".

Blessings
Re: Bible Questions & Answers / Facts That We Can All Agree With [Re: Elle] #186669
05/17/18 08:20 PM
05/17/18 08:20 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada

As I mentioned previously, Elle, we differ on our view of Scripture.
So how do you read these text JAK? Do you ignore them? Do you say it applied only to Moses time? ???

I'm not sure what texts you are referring to.

I do agree that Scripture means what they say, but not exactly. Most of the time some sort of symbolism is attach to it.... These are all symbolically written in "dark speeches"(puzzle to be solved).

I do not agree. Although Scripture DOES contain some language that is symbolic, I cannot agree that all (or most) of it has hidden symbolic meaning. Scripture means exactly what it says; no more, no less. Do not add to, and do not subtract from.

The 7 items you provided above, I do see the symbolism in 4 of them.
Those seven items were not intended to address symbolism, but rather to show that just because "it's in the Bible" does not make it "Biblical."

- polygamy : God had 2 wives, Israel and Judah (see Jer 3; Hos 2:2; etc...)
What??? God doesn't have ANY wives. And that certainly does not justify polygamy.

- keeping of feast days : etc.,...
The life and death of Jesus released us from the observance of feast days.

- sex with your brother's wife if he dies : Jesus is our eldest brother who died childless. We are to beget (passing the gospel seed) children to Him. (1Co 4:15 "for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." see also Phm 1:10 )
What?? What??? This is getting too strange!

- stoning your disobedient children : etc,...
Stoning children has nothing to do with the resurrection or "white throne judgement."

-God said very straight forward in Num 12:8 that He speaks in "dark speeches"
Not sure where you got THAT from because the way I read it God said He DOES NOT speak in dark speeches. He also tells us to "come, let us REASON TOGETHER." You can't do that with dark speeches and symbolism and hidden meanings.

I do agree that the Bible does contain symbolism, but to extrapolate from that to say that ALL the Bible is symbolic is unwarranted and, in my opinion, unsupportable.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!