HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,609
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Daryl, Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 3,111 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #189029
04/07/19 05:13 PM
04/07/19 05:13 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
His Child, are people numbered and sealed before they pass the MOB test?

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Mountain Man] #189036
04/08/19 02:08 AM
04/08/19 02:08 AM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
As you see it, what is the fruit of saving faith? And, what does Jesus mean when He speaks of judgment, reward, and punishment?
By "fruit" I assume you to mean the result in one's life and behavior.

In a NUTSHELL:

So, going on that assumption, I believe one is saved solely through the grace of God without any merit or actions on our part with the exception of accepting the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.

As a result of the Holy Spirit's action on the heart, which drew the sinner to God in the first place, there is also a desire to lead a life acceptable to God. This is part and parcel of the conversion/salvation process. Without a desire to change there is actually no true conversion.

Through the leading of the HS, which is ascertained through prayer and the reading of Scripture, one begins to change their behavior in accordance with their understanding of the Spirit's leading.

However, being human, our behavior changes slowly and imperfectly, often with much resistance on our part. But we must continue in the Christian life, being led by the HS through Bible study and Prayer, confident that forgiveness is ALWAYS available. When we sin and ask forgiveness, we are not restored to God's favor because we never left it. This point is important, even vital, because we cannot do our best unless we know that we are NOT REJECTED (ie: we do not leave God's favor) if we fail.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #189037
04/08/19 02:26 AM
04/08/19 02:26 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Nadi,

1) which Bible passages tell us that the fruit of saving faith is "our behavior changes slowly and imperfectly"?

2) you wrote - "When we sin and ask forgiveness, we are not restored to God's favor because we never left it." Does anything change when we sin (before we "ask forgiveness")?

3) and, what does Jesus mean when He speaks of judgment, reward, and punishment?

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Mountain Man] #189040
04/08/19 03:24 AM
04/08/19 03:24 AM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Nadi,

1) which Bible passages tell us that the fruit of saving faith is "our behavior changes slowly and imperfectly"?
The fruit of saving faith is not "our behavior changes slowly and imperfectly," rather the fruit is "a desire to lead a life acceptable to God."

2) you wrote - "When we sin and ask forgiveness, we are not restored to God's favor because we never left it." Does anything change when we sin (before we "ask forgiveness")?
The short answer is No, nothing changes. God himself, through the Holy Spirit, will bring us to repentance if we continue in the Christian walk. It is our desire to follow Christ and be led by the Holy Spirit that is important to God. If we continue with that desire God will continue to work with us, and we do not leave His grace. This is why David could be called a man after God's own heart.

3) and, what does Jesus mean when He speaks of judgment, reward, and punishment?
I haven't gotten to that part yet.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #189046
04/08/19 05:39 PM
04/08/19 05:39 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Nadi, you wrote - saving faith is "a desire to lead a life acceptable to God." As you see it, what is the difference between "desire" and "doing" as it pertains to living in harmony with God's will? And, how do the following passages speak to the issue at hand?

Matthew
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Matthew
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #189047
04/08/19 05:57 PM
04/08/19 05:57 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
God has given us His word that we may become acquainted with its teachings and know for ourselves what He requires of us. When the lawyer came to Jesus with the inquiry, “What shall I do to inherit eternal life?” the Saviour referred him to the Scriptures, saying: “What is written in the law? how readest thou?” Ignorance will not excuse young or old, nor release them from the punishment due for the transgression of God's law; because there is in their hands a faithful presentation of that law and of its principles and claims. It is not enough to have good intentions; it is not enough to do what a man thinks is right or what the minister tells him is right. His soul's salvation is at stake, and he should search the Scriptures for himself. However strong may be his convictions, however confident he may be that the minister knows what is truth, this is not his foundation. He has a chart pointing out every waymark on the heavenward journey, and he ought not to guess at anything. GC 598.1

Many are daily cheating their souls with a form of godliness without the power; but the Lord has removed His smile and the inspiration of His Spirit from them. His displeasure is against them, because their deeds are evil. He demands decided changes in the life and character. Good intentions, good resolutions, good acts, can not be accepted as substitutes for repentance, faith, and willing obedience. ST November 7, 1906, par. 4

Many are inquiring, “How am I to make the surrender of myself to God?” You desire to give yourself to Him, but you are weak in moral power, in slavery to doubt, and controlled by the habits of your life of sin. Your promises and resolutions are like ropes of sand. You cannot control your thoughts, your impulses, your affections. The knowledge of your broken promises and forfeited pledges weakens your confidence in your own sincerity, and causes you to feel that God cannot accept you; but you need not despair. What you need to understand is the true force of the will. This is the governing power in the nature of man, the power of decision, or of choice. Everything depends on the right action of the will. The power of choice God has given to men; it is theirs to exercise. You cannot change your heart, you cannot of yourself give to God its affections; but you can choose to serve Him. You can give Him your will; He will then work in you to will and to do according to His good pleasure. Thus your whole nature will be brought under the control of the Spirit of Christ; your affections will be centered upon Him, your thoughts will be in harmony with Him. SC 47.1

Desires for goodness and holiness are right as far as they go; but if you stop here, they will avail nothing. Many will be lost while hoping and desiring to be Christians. They do not come to the point of yielding the will to God. They do not now choose to be Christians. SC 47.2

Through the right exercise of the will, an entire change may be made in your life. By yielding up your will to Christ, you ally yourself with the power that is above all principalities and powers. You will have strength from above to hold you steadfast, and thus through constant surrender to God you will be enabled to live the new life, even the life of faith. SC 48.1

Last edited by Mountain Man; 04/08/19 06:01 PM.
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Mountain Man] #189049
04/08/19 08:03 PM
04/08/19 08:03 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Nadi, you wrote - saving faith is "a desire to lead a life acceptable to God."
A close reading of that which I actually write will be helpful. I did not say that "... the fruit of saving faith is "our behavior changes slowly and imperfectly" nor did I say "saving faith is "a desire to lead a life acceptable to God." "Rather, I said that THE FRUIT OF (ie: the result of, or that which is produced by) SAVING FAITH is a desire to lead a life acceptable to God.

As you see it, what is the difference between "desire" and "doing" as it pertains to living in harmony with God's will?
No difference. The desire is as much a sin as the doing. However, through the grace and power of God we can refrain from the doing as God works to change the desire, while at all times remaining secure in the grace of God.

On the other hand, God accepts as sufficient our desire to live a holy life, even though we may not actually BE living a holy life. His grace makes up for our shortfall as long as we continue to seek Him.

Last edited by Nadi; 04/08/19 08:05 PM.

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #189050
04/08/19 09:40 PM
04/08/19 09:40 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Nadi, not sure I understand. I'll wait for you to finish addressing my quotes and questions. Thank you.

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Mountain Man] #189051
04/08/19 11:26 PM
04/08/19 11:26 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
His Child, are people numbered and sealed before they pass the MOB test?

Mike,

Review Ezekiel 9. The man with the ink goes through (sealing God's people) before the men with the slaughter weapons). And Judgment begins at the House of God.

If no one is sealed before the MOB how would God pour out His Holy Spirit to finish the work? Just as the judgment of the people before Christ Comes, the sealing has to precede the out pouring of the Holy Spirit.

Are people who are not sealed, going to resist the MOB? Or is resisting the MOB something that prepares us to be sealed?

But is that really an issue that we have to concern ourselves with? Pray for the Holy Spirit and prepare to meet our God.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Mountain Man] #189056
04/09/19 02:32 PM
04/09/19 02:32 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Nadi, not sure I understand. I'll wait for you to finish addressing my quotes and questions. Thank you.
As I have apparently struggled to make my position clear, perhaps it is best if we abandon this line of discussion.

If you wish, you could clarify or be more specific about what it is regarding my posts that you do not understand.

Or not.

Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!