HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,628
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,109 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Zechariah 5 #188628
03/02/19 01:59 AM
03/02/19 01:59 AM
T
Theophilus  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

Florida. USA
v.5-11 I am very interested in the vision where Zechariah sees a basket and a woman sitting inside the basket. The woman is pronounced wicked and a lead cover placed over her, and two women with wings carried her to the area between heaven and earth, and then to Shinar.
Does anyone have any ideas about this? I am pretty sure confused2 the woman is the early church (maybe I mean a few of the early believers), but a part that apostasied to Babylonish behavior (Shinar), but who are the ones who carry her? Why is the basket she is in covered in lead?
TIA

I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which Thou hast shewed unto Thy servant;...
Gen 32:10
Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #188635
03/02/19 10:31 AM
03/02/19 10:31 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
From Adam Clarke's Commentary on Zechariah 5:6 quoted below:

This is an ephah that goeth forth - This, among the Jews, was the ordinary measure of grain. The woman in the ephah is supposed to represent Judea, which shall be visited for its sins; the talent of lead on the ephah, within which the woman was enclosed, the wrath of God, bending down this culprit nation, in the measure of its sins; for the angel said, “This is wickedness;” that is, the woman represents the mass of iniquity of this nation.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #188637
03/02/19 11:29 AM
03/02/19 11:29 AM
T
Theophilus  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

Florida. USA
Do you think the woman could also be a type of the early church that fell away and apostate churches set up? And any idea why the two who took her away were described as women with wings?

I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which Thou hast shewed unto Thy servant;...
Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #188642
03/02/19 08:12 PM
03/02/19 08:12 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Referring once again to Adam Clarke's Bible Commentary on Zechariah 5:9 I quote the following:

There came out two women - As the one woman represented the impiety of the Jewish nation; so these two women who were to carry the ephah, in which the woman Iniquity was shut up, under the weight of a talent of lead, may mean the desperate Unbelief of the Jews in rejecting the Messiah; and that Impiety, or universal corruption of manners, which was the consequence of their unbelief, and brought down the wrath of God upon them. The strong wings, like those of a stork, may point out the power and swiftness with which Judea was carried on to fill up the measure of her iniquity, and to meet the punishment which she deserved.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #188645
03/03/19 08:18 AM
03/03/19 08:18 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Theophilus
v.5-11 I am very interested in the vision where Zechariah sees a basket and a woman sitting inside the basket. The woman is pronounced wicked and a lead cover placed over her, and two women with wings carried her to the area between heaven and earth, and then to Shinar.
Does anyone have any ideas about this? I am pretty sure confused2 the woman is the early church (maybe I mean a few of the early believers), but a part that apostasied to Babylonish behavior (Shinar), but who are the ones who carry her? Why is the basket she is in covered in lead?
TIA

The book of Zechariah was written towards the end of the Babylonian captivity. The prophet was concerned about the indifference of the captives in returning home to Jerusalem and rebuilding the Temple. In fact, the entire book is consumed by it. "'Up, up! Flee from the land of the north,' says the Lord; 'for I have spread you abroad like the four winds of heaven,' says the Lord. 'Up, Zion! Escape, you who dwell with the daughter of Babylon.'" Zech. 2:6-7

The visions of chapter 5 served as a warning to those who had fallen in love with their kidnappers, fallen captive to the comforts of Babylon:
  • The flying scroll, the word of the LORD, which they purported to love was testifying against them in their houses, their very hearts. And the curse of God remained over their heads in that foreign land.

• The House of Shinar (Babylon) was the house of Wickedness, kept in store for retribution later. Why would anyone want to be associated with such when the day of judgement came for that House? LEAVE BABYLON!!! To build a Temple in that city is wrong, wrong, wrong!

• (The imagery of women was used because of the ephah, the measuring cup, to indicate the "cup of iniquity" that was going to grow heavy. Women were the ones who were associated with such domestic exercise. The wings in both instances symbolized rapidity and of Divine origin as in "sent by God Himself".)
It's interesting that the Jews clung to that ancient city, and where is it now? It is a lesson for us that this world is WICKEDNESS and will be consumed one day. Why dig deep to establish roots here? We have a city, the New Jerusalem, which God is preparing for us. Let us leave in our hearts and return to Him. It may not look like much now, but in that day, it will be more glorious than anything anyone had ever imagined.

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." -- Jesus Christ, Mat. 6:19-21

///

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #188664
03/09/19 12:23 AM
03/09/19 12:23 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
TIA

I'm not sure what all the two women who carry the basket symbolize but in my view this is an end-time prophetic vision that runs from 1:7 to 6:8. So to understand the symbols I'd look at the vision as a whole and treat it like Daniel and Revelation where sometimes the visions repeat and expand and sometimes they are chronological. But I would especially rely on Revelation's descriptions of Babylon the Great to understand the impure woman in Zechariah.

The woman in the basket is confined and restricted by God. She can't come to power until God allows it. He allows the other two women to set her upon her power base in spiritual Babylon. These women have the winds of change in their wings. We may not understand what political/religious or other forces are responsible for establishing Babylon the Great so that she rides the beast until it happens.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #188745
03/16/19 01:58 AM
03/16/19 01:58 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Consider this comment:

Quote:
"Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll. And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits. Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth; for everyone that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and everyone that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it. I will bring it forth, saith the Lord of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name; and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof." {ST, June 2, 1890 par. 13}

Quote:
The angel is represented as flying through the midst of heaven with a roll in his hand, on which are written the deeds of our daily life. God bears long with the children of men, but there is a time coming when he will cease to bear with them. God wants them to get under the cover of his wings. Jesus is pleading his blood in our behalf, but Satan is standing at his right hand, resisting every effort in our behalf. May God help us to humble our hearts, before it shall be forever too late to make wrongs right. {ST, June 2, 1890 par. 14}

Quote:
Let the Spirit of God fashion our character and our work. We are responsible for the manner in which the truth is presented. We should seek to impress unbelievers with its exalted character. Christ is soon coming, and those who have not kept the Sabbath sacredly should reform. God will frown upon those who disregard his commandments, and he cannot bless the church that retains Sabbath-breakers in its fellowship. {ST, June 2, 1890 par. 15}

Quote:
Oh, that Christ might walk among you, that he might say, "Take away the filthy garment, and clothe them with change of raiment." We want to know that we are on the Lord's side. We want to dwell with him through all eternity. Those who sit with Christ on his throne must be partakers with him of his sufferings. They must drink of the cup that he drank of, and be baptized with the baptism that he was baptized with. {ST, June 2, 1890 par. 16}

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #188828
03/20/19 01:05 AM
03/20/19 01:05 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
TIA

Theophilus, I came across this allusion to the two women with wings like a stork in Don McLean's American Pie, #1 hit from 1972. All of it is amazingly prophetic of the rise of the anti-Christ which he refers to as "the day the music died". I've bolded the part that alludes to the two women. McLean applies it to a nuclear event that catapults the anti-Christ to power. Pop culture authors have interpreted his lyrics as applying to the past and that was likely one of his meanings but McLean himself, now in his seventies has never said what the lyrics mean.
Quote:

. . . When the jester sang for the king and queen
In a coat he borrowed from James Dean
And a voice that came from you and me
Oh and while the king was looking down
The jester stole his thorny crown
The courtroom was adjourned
No verdict was returned
And while Lennon read a book on Marx
The quartet practiced in the park
And we sang dirges in the dark
The day the music died
We were singin'
Bye, bye Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye
And singin' this'll be the day that I die
This'll be the day that I die

Helter skelter in a summer swelter
The birds flew off with a fallout shelter
Eight miles high and falling fast
It landed foul on the grass

The players tried for a forward pass
With the jester on the sidelines in a cast
Now the half-time air was sweet perfume
While sergeants played a marching tune
We all got up to dance
Oh, but we never got the chance
'Cause the players tried to take the field
The marching band refused to yield
Do you recall what was revealed
The day the music died?
We started singin'

And singin' this'll be the day that I die
Oh, and there we were all in one place
A generation lost in space
With no time left to start again

So come on Jack be nimble, Jack be quick
Jack Flash sat on a candlestick
'Cause fire is the devil's only friend
Oh and as I watched him on the stage
My hands were clenched in fists of rage
No angel born in Hell
Could break that Satan's spell
And as the flames climbed high into the night
To light the sacrificial rite
I saw Satan laughing with delight
The day the music died
He was singin'

Singin' this'll be the day that I die

. . .
I went down to the sacred store
Where I'd heard the music years before
But the man there said the music wouldn't play
And in the streets the children screamed
The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed
But not a word was spoken
The church bells all were broken
And the three men I admire most
The Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost
They caught the last train for the coast
The day the music died
And they were singing
And them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye
They were singing

Songwriter: Don McLean

If that's what he means, McLean could be right. Imagine the reaction of the world if a terrorist organization or nation detonates a nuclear bomb in a populated area in Europe or North America. Even now, the youth, high school teens and adolescents, in Europe are skipping classes to hold public rallies and protests to save the planet. What kind of zeal will they have if they're confronted with this? Youth, environmentalists, globalists, financiers and religious leaders will bond together to meet the emergency to save humanity and the planet.

But I tend to think McLean has it only partly right. I think it will be a startling series of events/disasters, human and superhuman, natural and supernatural, that cause global panic and a global man-made solution to save the planet. Notice the italicized statement in the quote below:
Quote:
The world is filled with transgression. A spirit of lawlessness pervades every land, and is especially manifest in the great cities of the earth. The sin and crime to be seen in our cities is appalling. God can not forbear much longer. Already his judgments are beginning to fall on some places, and soon his signal displeasure will be felt in other places. There is to be, at this period, a series of events which will reveal that God is Master of the situation. The truth will be proclaimed in clear, unmistakable language. As a people, we must prepare the way of the Lord, under the overruling guidance of the Holy Spirit. The gospel is to be given in its purity. The stream of living water is to deepen and widen in its course.{RH July 5, 1906, par. 5, 6}

The world's reaction to this revelation that God is master of the situation is panic and rebellion. It brings about the birthing of Babylon the Great, carried by storks in a blanket (actually a well sealed basket) to it's new home, its base, the beast and its image and once again a woman rides the beast.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #188838
03/20/19 11:34 AM
03/20/19 11:34 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
One element that will be a major factor in setting Babylon down on its base is the Environmental Movement. In the last month or two youth around the world have mobilized to force climate concerns to the front of the nation's legislative priorities. I'd encourage Maritime and family to keep an eye on this movement. It will, in my view, be the catalyst driving the creation of the image of the beast. Here's a list of what US youth are demanding according to the Youth Climate Strike website. The demands are similar globally:

- a national embrace of the Green New Deal
- an end to fossil fuel infrastructure projects
- a national emergency declaration on climate change
- mandatory education on climate change and its effects from K-8
- a clean water supply
- preservation of public lands and wildlife
- all government decisions to be tied to scientific research

The movement is in essence a misguided religion of planetary salvation. In 1986 I had the following dream of a high school youth movement. At no time between 1986 and now have I seen anything that appeared to precisely fulfill it. But what we're seeing today in my view is an ominously good fit. See what you all think.

I was in an attractive middle-class American neighborhood. It was a sunny, summery, late afternoon and I noticed that an unusually large number of people were outside on their lawns and in the street. Besides white people, there were a large number of blacks and Jews. The majority of those outside their homes were walking in the same direction. I was curious where everyone was going, and joined those around me. We soon reached our destination - the local high school where a good number of people had already gathered on the front lawn of the school. As we approached the school I saw a large, newly sculpted statue that the people had gathered around. It was clear that this statue, which was still under construction but nearing completion (its base required some finishing touches) was the reason for the gathering. The statue was the all-absorbing topic of discussion. Some were in favor of having it completed and some were opposed.

The statue itself was large and impressive - perhaps forty feet in height. It was of a large, handsome, muscular male. He stood upright like a Caesar with a self-assured bearing, his right hand raised as though addressing a crowd. A spiked crown was on his head, like the crown on the Statue of Liberty, but no torch was in his raised right hand. With my eyes I followed his form down towards his feet and I was surprised to see that this large image was being carried securely on the shoulders of another statue, also a man, but about one third the size of the first. This second man was dressed in the full armor of an ancient Roman legionnaire (foot soldier). The face of this soldier was what impressed me most. It had an intelligent, purposeful and determined look. I was given the impression that the material it was carved from - very hard stone - was an expression of its determined character or will.

I came closer to the base of the statue and noticed that it bore many inscriptions, none of which I understood, but which contained symbols of the occult. After looking at these, I found myself rising from the ground, being lifted up to the top of the statue, level with its head. The head mysteriously began to open above the left ear as though the top of the skull were hinged just above the right ear. I looked inside. But, even when open and exposed directly to the afternoon sunlight the inside of the skull remained ominously dark. The only distinguishable object inside the skull was what looked like a spider's web made of strong strands of steel spanning the inside. The skull seemed full of evil and in my dream I shuddered in horror.

The top of the skull closed then just as it had opened and I was lowered to the ground and placed near the front of the image. Something on my left then attracted my attention. I turned and saw a set of bleachers to the left of the statue and that a woman's choir dressed in their robes had gathered on them and was starting to sing. The choir was made up of women of different races, and as they sang, they made signs with their hands that reinforced the lyrics of their song. They sang with gusto and in beautiful harmony as though pleading a case against the completion of the statue. As the song built to a climax they held out their hands in the direction of the statue as though presenting the final plea and warning to the audience of the results of finishing it.

But after the climax, the song came to an abrupt end and the choir members hurriedly began to remove their robes and disperse in the direction of the school. I was now standing on the lawn between the main school doors and the choir bleachers. As the members of the choir approached where I stood on their way into the school, I asked some of them sympathetically about what they had sung. Most hurried quickly by into the school avoiding my question. Several acted embarrassed and irritated. Some were scornful towards the very ideas they had just sung about and awkwardly stated that they had never actually believed what they were advocating. Then I awoke. After awakening I was able to recall all the particulars of the dream, but the feeling of horror I experienced when looking inside the scull remained with me quite a while after waking.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #188839
03/20/19 11:54 AM
03/20/19 11:54 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
PS: I send this message to Dennis Prager this morning, just now:
Quote:
Please remain vigilant on this (the high school student strike movement). Green is the new misguided youth religion that is taking the world by storm. It is the largest single threat to Biblical values of liberty and freedom globally. The power behind this is evident in the conflagration its become in the few short weeks since Greta first launched the call to action. Prayers and thanks.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Charity] #188844
03/21/19 03:51 AM
03/21/19 03:51 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Originally Posted By: Charity

After looking at these, I found myself rising from the ground, being lifted up to the top of the statue, level with its head. The head mysteriously began to open above the left ear as though the top of the skull were hinged just above the right ear. I looked inside. But, even when open and exposed directly to the afternoon sunlight the inside of the skull remained ominously dark. The only distinguishable object inside the skull was what looked like a spider's web made of strong strands of steel spanning the inside. The skull seemed full of evil and in my dream I shuddered in horror.

Then I awoke. After awakening I was able to recall all the particulars of the dream, but the feeling of horror I experienced when looking inside the scull remained with me quite a while after waking.
well; I dont see anything Biblical in this "dream." Seems like you have a very active imagination. What are we supposed to do with this? How you managed to mix in the concern re the "environmental movement"; Ill never know. What Bible truth are you trying to attach to this theme? Personally, I dont see anything in it worth pursuing.

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Charity] #188845
03/21/19 10:47 AM
03/21/19 10:47 AM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
One element that will be a major factor in setting Babylon down on its base is the Environmental Movement. In the last month or two youth around the world have mobilized to force climate concerns to the front of the nation's legislative priorities. I'd encourage Maritime and family to keep an eye on this movement. It will, in my view, be the catalyst driving the creation of the image of the beast. Here's a list of what US youth are demanding according to the Youth Climate Strike website. The demands are similar globally:

- a national embrace of the Green New Deal
- an end to fossil fuel infrastructure projects
- mandatory education on climate change and its effects from K-8
- a clean water supply
- preservation of public lands and wildlife

- a national emergency declaration on climate change

They may find a conflict with that!

Quote:

The movement is in essence a misguided religion of planetary salvation. In 1986 I had the following dream of a high school youth movement. At no time between 1986 and now have I seen anything that appeared to precisely fulfill it. But what we're seeing today in my view is an ominously good fit. See what you all think.
I recall a similar dream you told about that you seemed to have a different conclusion. Are the dreams the same or different?

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #188858
03/23/19 01:24 AM
03/23/19 01:24 AM
T
Theophilus  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

Florida. USA
I don't know about the dream things, but I do know Stephen bohr has been preaching that climate change will bring the world together. His video on this topic is fantastic.
Also, I heardthe song by don McClean, American Pie, was about Buddy Holly, Richie valens, and the Big Bopper.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: kland] #188879
03/24/19 11:37 AM
03/24/19 11:37 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
... I recall a similar dream you told about that you seemed to have a different conclusion. Are the dreams the same or different?

Interesting: I saw this comment as I scanned through this topic. Didn't have a clue who wrote it.

Thought to myself: reads like something Kland would write.

Surprise...Kland did write it.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #188893
03/25/19 01:00 PM
03/25/19 01:00 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Hmmm... Would you say I question things?

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: kland] #188902
03/26/19 09:57 AM
03/26/19 09:57 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Hmmm... Would you say I question things?

To the extent that you often muddy the water when things are clear.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: kland] #188946
04/02/19 01:31 AM
04/02/19 01:31 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
I recall a similar dream you told about that you seemed to have a different conclusion. Are the dreams the same or different?
I've shared it here before but I can't remember what my conclusions were. Bohr is right IMO. I've been looking recently for the spiritualism aspect within the environmental movement because in the dream the statue rests on an occultic/spiritualistic base. To me it's becoming evident that the religious fervor about the environment for many people draws heavily from paganism, nature worship, pantheism etc., and this is starting to manifest overtly now in the Vatican's treatment of the topic. Earlier today I read the introduction of Laudato Si, the current Pope's encyclical on the environment from a few years ago and was surprised at the Pope's blatantly pantheistic and pagan sentiments.
Quote:
“Laudato si’, mi’ Signore” – “Praise be to you, my Lord”. In the words of this beautiful canticle, Saint Francis of Assisi reminds us that our common home is like a sister with whom we share our life and a beautiful mother who opens her arms to embrace us. “Praise be to you, my Lord, through our Sister, Mother Earth, who sustains and governs us, and who produces various fruit with coloured flowers and herbs”.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #188948
04/02/19 11:23 AM
04/02/19 11:23 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
In addition to venerating and worshiping mother earth, in the same document, Laudato Si, the Pope offers Sunday or sun worship as a cornerstone of environmental salvation by shutting off emissions on that day which he also recommends as a family day for the laborer. It makes a certain kind of sense to link together environmental reverence with the Pagan veneration of mother nature and with the sun and Sunday. Ellen White tells us that heathen deities will manifest themselves supernaturally at the end. This has started with the Fox sisters of Rochester and now with Marian apparitions leading the way for other heathen deities to chime in and combine together to reinforce the call of the youth movement. Green religion combines with and is underpinned by green spiritualism.

But what does the Bible teach. It tells us that the world is laid waste because of the weight of the sins and transgressions of its wicked inhabitants. Only those who are in harmony with the laws of the Creator are empowered to be true stewards of the environment. In worshiping the Creator they naturally and automatically will care for the created order as faithful stewards who have been entrusted with the dominion of the earth.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #188950
04/02/19 04:56 PM
04/02/19 04:56 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I imagine that the powers that be are sitting around thinking climate change is a big hoax. But since the people keep it going, they say, hmmm, maybe we can use that to our advantage. So now they're going with it. At least at the present time until something more popular comes up. Asteroid, nuclear, Muslims, who knows.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: kland] #188953
04/03/19 12:18 AM
04/03/19 12:18 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
I imagine that the powers that be are sitting around thinking climate change is a big hoax. But since the people keep it going, they say, hmmm, maybe we can use that to our advantage. So now they're going with it. At least at the present time until something more popular comes up. Asteroid, nuclear, Muslims, who knows.

Climate change will climax in the 7 last plagues. No hoax prophecy getting ready to be fulfilled.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: kland] #188955
04/03/19 01:09 AM
04/03/19 01:09 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA

Environmental concerns from fossil fuel consumption has only intensified over the last 70 plus years. It's not a fad. It's morphed from valid concern to an hysterical religious movement that some of the powers will use as you say to their own ends. Rather than seeing God's hand in the disasters that are calls to repentance, the world blindly attributes these things mainly to fossil fuel consumption. Given that these calamities will increase we can expect the calls for environmental reform will intensify. But you make a valid point - the focus could still shift. There is still the "overwhelming surprise" factor.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Charity] #188956
04/03/19 02:04 AM
04/03/19 02:04 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
In addition to venerating and worshiping mother earth, in the same document, Laudato Si, the Pope offers Sunday or sun worship as a cornerstone of environmental salvation by shutting off emissions on that day which he also recommends as a family day for the laborer. It makes a certain kind of sense to link together environmental reverence with the Pagan veneration of mother nature and with the sun and Sunday. Ellen White tells us that heathen deities will manifest themselves supernaturally at the end. This has started with the Fox sisters of Rochester and now with Marian apparitions leading the way for other heathen deities to chime in and combine together to reinforce the call of the youth movement. Green religion combines with and is underpinned by green spiritualism.

But what does the Bible teach. It tells us that the world is laid waste because of the weight of the sins and transgressions of its wicked inhabitants. Only those who are in harmony with the laws of the Creator are empowered to be true stewards of the environment. In worshiping the Creator they naturally and automatically will care for the created order as faithful stewards who have been entrusted with the dominion of the earth.

Aren't you being facetious, duplicitous, misleading and demonstrably prone to telling tall tales in school?

The Pope NEVER offered "Sunday or sun worship as a cornerstone ..." The TEN COMMANDMENTS specifically warns against this type thing you do. It says, "You shall not bear false witness, period!" Exod. 20:16

You rest you say on Saturdays, named for the pagan god Saturn. Moreover, you wax eloquent about the matter and grow solemn, travelling over land and see seeking to make one proselyte of anyone who would be beguiled by you. If the Pope were offering "Sunday or sun worship as a cornerstone" and you condemn him, how is it afterwards, you ask to borrow his shoes and continue onward walking in very his footsteps?

Matthew 7:5

///

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: James Peterson] #188957
04/03/19 04:42 AM
04/03/19 04:42 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Originally Posted By: James Peterson

You rest you say on Saturdays, named for the pagan god Saturn.
While I cannot speak regarding the person you were directing this comment to, I could offer the thought that it is "the seventh day," Sabbath, regardless of what one wants to call it. The person you addressed this comment to does not speak for the Adventist Church. The official belief of Adventists puts it this way:
Quote:
The beneficent Creator, after the six days of Creation, rested on the seventh day and instituted the Sabbath for all people as a memorial of Creation. The fourth commandment of God's unchangeable law requires the observance of this seventh-day Sabbath as the day of rest, worship, and ministry in harmony with the teaching and practice of Jesus, the Lord of the Sabbath. The Sabbath is a day of delightful communion with God and one another. It is a symbol of our redemption in Christ, a sign of our sanctification, a token of our allegiance, and a foretaste of our eternal future in God's kingdom. The Sabbath is God's perpetual sign of His eternal covenant between Him and His people. Joyful observance of this holy time from evening to evening, sunset to sunset, is a celebration of God's creative and redemptive acts. -Sabbath, Fundamental Belief 20

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: James Peterson] #188960
04/03/19 10:02 AM
04/03/19 10:02 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
The Pope NEVER offered "Sunday or sun worship as a cornerstone ..." The TEN COMMANDMENTS specifically warns against this type thing you do. It says, "You shall not bear false witness, period!" Exod. 20:1

You're right. The Pope does not directly promote paganism. He and the Catholic Church for the last 1600 years have adopted the main religious holidays of paganism and sanctified them by their own authority under the blatantly blasphemous claim that they, under God, are themselves gods on earth and therefore above the law of God. It is baptized Paganism that the Pope promotes which is more sinister than paganism itself. And so God is forced to leave them to their own delusions such as the sentiments the Pope expressed in Laudato Si which are clearly pagan and pantheistic.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: His child] #188962
04/03/19 04:33 PM
04/03/19 04:33 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: His child

Climate change will climax in the 7 last plagues. No hoax prophecy getting ready to be fulfilled.
Ha ha.
Well yes, that's true, but has nothing to do with what today is being called climate change.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: kland] #188965
04/04/19 12:39 AM
04/04/19 12:39 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Ha ha.
Well yes, that's true, but has nothing to do with what today is being called climate change.
Some people don't think the following verse regarding the plagues/wrath of God is related to environmental stewardship, which is fine. Personally I see a connection. Notice the underlined parts:
Quote:
Rev 11:18 The nations raged, but your wrath came, and the time for the dead to be judged, and for rewarding your servants, the prophets and saints, and those who fear your name, both small and great, and for destroying the destroyers of the earth."

Of course the main cause for the disruption and destruction of nature and the environment is sin. But men can worsen the groans of creation by polluting it physically as well as spiritually by contaminating it with toxic chemicals, with radioactive contamination, biological weapons, with genetic confusion of species etc. This last destructive behavior is especially offensive to God because man assumes the role of the Creator when he meddles with creation.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: kland] #188970
04/04/19 12:32 PM
04/04/19 12:32 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

Ha ha.

Hmmm...

Quote:
Revelation 16:8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

Do you not think that that has anything to do with the destruction of the ozone layer and global warming?

Quote:
Revelation 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Cause and effect climaxing in the 7 last plagues is not an anominally.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: His child] #188980
04/04/19 10:22 PM
04/04/19 10:22 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

Hmmm...

Quote:
Revelation 16:8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

Do you not think that that has anything to do with the destruction of the ozone layer and global warming?

Read what I wrote again:
but has nothing to do with what today is being called climate change.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: kland] #189018
04/06/19 09:23 PM
04/06/19 09:23 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Read what I wrote again:
but has nothing to do with what today is being called climate change.

Today, CO2, carbon dioxide, makes up about .04 percent of the gases in earth's atmosphere. That means 99.96 percent of the atmosphere is made up of other gasses. (I don't doubt that those figures are accurate. We've been able to measure CO2 accurately for about a century.) Eighty or ninety years ago CO2 was about .03 percent. In other words the non-CO2 gasses were 99.97 percent. So between the time that fossil fuel consumption rose significantly and today, atmospheric CO2 has increased by .01 percent.

The majority of scientists claim that this change is the main cause of temperature rise because CO2 traps more of the sun's energy than other gasses do. I don't doubt their claim that CO2 does do that. But I haven't understood so far how they arrived at the conclusion that a .01 percent change in the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is causing global warming. To me, I'm open to being convinced because it's a plausible explanation but I can certainly see room for questioning how strong the causal link is between the two. Maybe someone on here can explain why. If the link was direct shouldn't scientists be able to conduct controlled studies of the temperature rise comparing one container of gas with another when exposed to the same sunlight.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #189110
04/12/19 04:03 PM
04/12/19 04:03 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Given however long you think the climate has existed on this earth, do you think 100 years is adequate to determine "normal" CO2 levels? And you're right, at .03 percent, one wonders how that can make a difference. Note, that is not .03 but 0.0003! And as you're probably aware, one volcano going off can swamp that in no time.

Quote:
The majority of scientists claim that this change is the main cause of temperature rise because

How would one go about determining that the temperature is rising?
Today, it is much cooler than yesterday. Does that mean we are going into global cooling? If you say one day is not long enough, then how many days or years do we need to determine whether the earth is warming or cooling? You look at a line chart from 1880 to 2000 and the temperature rises and falls, but appears to be in a general incline. But if you choose a segment midway, it appears in a decline. Is there any reason not to suspect that if there were more years, we would see rises and falls made up of smaller rises and falls? Just because we are looking at a very limited segment should not cause us to conclude anything.

If there was a way to even determine the current temperature of the earth, do we know whether that is the ideal temperature or if it should be warmer or cooler? It seems to me that there is some egocentrism that we do not even care how things were 100 years ago, but only care what it was during part of our lives and want it to be the same. But weather happens. Even if it doesn't meet all the predictions made...

So many questions that so many scientists and others do not answer or do not ask.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #189111
04/12/19 04:06 PM
04/12/19 04:06 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #189117
04/13/19 05:41 PM
04/13/19 05:41 PM
T
Theophilus  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

Florida. USA
I found the meaning of Zechariah 5 from this Walter Veith video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGiXc9ydhqw

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #189128
04/14/19 09:05 PM
04/14/19 09:05 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
I found the meaning of Zechariah 5 from this Walter Veith video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGiXc9ydhqw

Except for the Illuminati-Jesuit-Vatican conspiracy theory, good video. The best lecture on Zechariah 5 I've heard.

The problem with conspiracy theories is two fold: 1)They are a distraction from the more important issues of present truth and the three angel's messages and 2)They are usually a source of disunity and division because they are strongly held opinions that, like climate change, can't be proven either way.

But, notice that Veith agrees that the main application of Zechariah 5 is to the near future. And he implies Revelation 11 also is to be fulfilled again in the future. I'm glad to see a well-known SDA making that application. I hope he sees the future final application of the trumpets and seals as well.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: kland] #189129
04/14/19 09:16 PM
04/14/19 09:16 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Given however long you think the climate has existed on this earth, do you think 100 years is adequate to determine "normal" CO2 levels? And you're right, at .03 percent, one wonders how that can make a difference. Note, that is not .03 but 0.0003! And as you're probably aware, one volcano going off can swamp that in no time.

Quote:
The majority of scientists claim that this change is the main cause of temperature rise because

How would one go about determining that the temperature is rising?
Today, it is much cooler than yesterday. Does that mean we are going into global cooling? If you say one day is not long enough, then how many days or years do we need to determine whether the earth is warming or cooling? You look at a line chart from 1880 to 2000 and the temperature rises and falls, but appears to be in a general incline. But if you choose a segment midway, it appears in a decline. Is there any reason not to suspect that if there were more years, we would see rises and falls made up of smaller rises and falls? Just because we are looking at a very limited segment should not cause us to conclude anything.

If there was a way to even determine the current temperature of the earth, do we know whether that is the ideal temperature or if it should be warmer or cooler? It seems to me that there is some egocentrism that we do not even care how things were 100 years ago, but only care what it was during part of our lives and want it to be the same. But weather happens. Even if it doesn't meet all the predictions made...

So many questions that so many scientists and others do not answer or do not ask.

Good points. After I posted that bit on CO2 a few weeks ago I reviewed NASA's site on climate change and was more than a little surprised to find out how weak their case actually is. I still think it's probable that burning an unprecedented amount of fossil fuels is having some kind of impact, but it is by no means an open and shut case so far as what exactly the impact(s) is/are. It should concern us when the youth are energized, convinced that you and I are irrational deniers of science if we don't agree and anyone who thinks otherwise is a menace to their well being and future.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #189137
04/15/19 08:10 PM
04/15/19 08:10 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Yes, burning an unprecedented amount of fossil fuels is having some kind of impact, but not global warming. Did everyone forget about pollution? There are lots of harmful byproducts being produced unlike natural occurring air. And it's using up resources which could be used for something more clever than just to burn. It wouldn't surprise me that some of the biggest polluters could be behind the global warming hoax in order to take the heat off their worst by-products. 'We might be dumping tons of toxins into the river, but we changed to LED lighting and plant trees to offset our carbon footprint'. Yeah....

I think what your seeing with the youth, is not just youth, but this background permeating hostility. The trade towers kind of started a mentality that some are not going to set back and let their "plane" be crashed. Which may have been another purpose of the event....

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #189139
04/16/19 06:34 AM
04/16/19 06:34 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
In March 2015, it was determined that 96 million barrels of oil were consumed daily. 96 x 365 = 35,040.

It is not possible to consume 35,050 million barrels of oil a year without putting a considerable amount of heat into the atmosphere that is not being offset by planting trees or other means. While generating heat and CO2 from oil consumption, the US alone is being deforested at a rate of 10 million acres annually. Some of that land is being replanted, but a sapling does not take nearly as much CO2 from the atmosphere as full grown trees.

And none of the above takes into consideration the number of acres lost annually to forest fires globally.

Re: Zechariah 5 [Re: Theophilus] #189157
04/19/19 08:09 PM
04/19/19 08:09 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Heat?

Really?

Me thinks you do not understand the issues of the false claim.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!