HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,632
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, Kevin H), 3,289 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: James Peterson] #188672
03/09/19 06:02 PM
03/09/19 06:02 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
  • You MISSED the point which was: << "That's [i.e. Rev. 14:7] not about an SDA IJ." >> Look before you leap.

Really?

While you are correct about Rev. 14:7 not being about the IJ, your response was ambiguous; did it refer to the thread which I referenced or the Bible text?

So, since you're so free with advice here's some for you: learn how to structure an English sentence.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #188673
03/09/19 07:18 PM
03/09/19 07:18 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: His child
Amazing the feedback that was generated by my post.

The fact is that 4 March was a super blessing to me personally spiritually and otherwise in ways that I had neve imagined. It came out of the blue and it was of the LORD.

Perhaps you should go back to reread my post and see what I actually said instead of trusting the comments as to what people have read into my post. There are things that the LORD wants us to understand and the Laodicean mindset is so ingrained in some of us that we won't look at anything because of a fear of getting something wrong, then we won't be ready to go forward by faith. And we may be too ready to join the accuser of the brethren.

It is the time of the final shaking. Surely from some of the comments posted the LORD will not have a difficult time to see who is a skeptic and who is a Bible student.

In the parable of the 10 virgins some slumbered and some slept. Studying those words some dosed off and some died. The dozing virgins can awake in time, the dead virgins won't awaken until the resurrection. Too late to meet the Bride Groom.

To those who tried to enter into a reasoning together conversation, I thank you. To those who criticized and merely found fault without trying to uplift Jesus, I pity you.

I am a student of the Bible. I try to understand it and I study with prayer and an open mind. And the LORD has blessed my study, though I like John the Baptist who did not understand everything clearly went forward with what he did understand. After he proclaimed that Jesus was the Lamb of God, he sent messengers to Jesus to ask if He was the Messiah. There are somethings that we know and we need confirmation.

What, pray tell, was the March 4 "super blessing"?

There are times that one can only laugh. Just laugh. That's all.

You should be aware, that ALL time prophecies are conditional with respect to time. God reserves the right to change His mind; and those who speak so definitively saying, "Watch out for March 4 at precisely 12:43 pm and 21.876 seconds ...!" have fallen into the ditch. Shall the pottery say to the potter, "What handle have you made? It is not according to specifications!"

But though the rug is pulled from under a man, he gets up, dusts himself off and says, "That was supposed to happen." Pride goes before a fall, and he who kills his own conscience is as good as dead.

///

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Green Cochoa] #188674
03/10/19 12:39 PM
03/10/19 12:39 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
On March 9, 2019, "Green" replied to the post from Hch. Now Hch is examining what Green replied:

Originally Posted By: Green
1) According to Ellen White, there will be no more prophecy upon definite time. But HC has here given TWO times, erroneously said to be prophetic.

Ellen White clearly states that there will be no time prophecy giving the date of Christ's advent. She contrasts the world's view of ALL TIME PROPHECY to time prophecy relating specifically to Christ's second Advent. Thus "Green" is making Ellen White contradict herself. Hch has shown this by quoting EGW that the 1260 years were fulfilled between 538-1798 and before she died, EGW places ALL OF REVELATION 13 in the future (after 1844), which included the 42 months as evidenced by her writing out that very text by long hand.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
In the last days...will take place the final fulfillment of the Revelator’s prophecy. [Revelation 13:4-18, quoted.] 19MR 282.1

Quote:
And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty [and] two months. Revelation 13:5

"Revelation 13:4-10. This entire chapter is a revelation of what will surely take place." written by Ellen White after 1844

Those who quote EGW, need to quote her correctly. The traditions that have crept into the SDA Church are making EGW say what she doe not say. And thus you are teaching the commandments of men in contradiction to the word of God.

This implies that:

a) HC does not accept that Ellen White's counsels are still applicable today, for she says the decisions of the General Conference in Session are to be regarded as the voice of God; and

Ellen White taught that the GC in session had authority over the work of God on earth to manage it finances and general operations. NOT moral authority to dictate the conscience of believers.

God has ordained that the representatives of His church from all parts of the earth, when assembled in a General Conference, shall have authority. The error that some are in danger of committing, is in giving to the mind and judgment of one man, or of a small group of men, the full measure of authority and influence that God has vested in His church, in the judgment and voice of the General Conference assembled to plan for the prosperity and advancement of His work.--Testimonies, Vol. 9, pp. 260, 261

There has been merchandise carried on in our institutions. Why have my brethren upheld and sanctioned wrong? Why have they allowed their judgments to be controlled by those who neither fear God nor regard man? Why have their principles of right and justice been swayed and guided by another mind in matters of conscience? They may think it a better mind and a better judgment; but they are not to exchange this judgment for that of another man. Place your will and mind where the Holy Spirit can reach it; for it will not work on another man's mind and conscience to reach yours. But these whom it was thought had pure religious principles, have shown themselves too ready to give up their own religion for that of another man. {1888 1592.3}

b) HC believes it is an "abomination" to reject women's ordination--something which is not supported in Scriptures.

"In the city of Portland the Lord ordained me as His messenger, and here my first labors were given to the cause of present truth."--Ellen White, RH, May 18, 1911

Who are God's messengers?

Quote:
For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he [is] the messenger of the LORD of hosts. Malachi 2:7

I have presented this evidence in the past and more. The issue is obedience to the revealed will of God.

Prior to Christ coming; man as a priest foreshadowed the role of Christ in our salvation. After Christ fulfilled the law, the law was changed as it is written in Hebrews. The changed law had priests from Aaron's line and Jesus from the tribe of Judah. There is no indication in Scripture that the changed law allows just any man Jew, Greek, or gentile to be a priest. But we allow any man to be a priest/minister. The only qualification that man has added to the change in the law is that the priest/minister be a man.

But Christ, the prince of the kings of the earth, has already made His people kings and priests unto God (cf Revelation 1:6). And when His people get to heaven (5:10) they will have that role. Are only men qualified to be kings and priests? Are only men going to be in heaven? Absurd!

As Christ has fulfilled the law of circumcision, He has fulfilled the law of male priesthood and women, who are called may heed their calling.

It is the accompaniment of the Holy Spirit of God that prepares workers, both men and women, to become pastors to the flock of God. {GW 96.4}

Originally Posted By: Jesus
Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. Matthew 12:31

His Child, Jesus loves you. But: "Good and evil never harmonize. Between light and darkness there can be no compromise. Truth is light revealed; error is darkness. Light has no fellowship with darkness, righteousness no fellowship with unrighteousness." You cannot speak in contradiction to God's inspired writers and expect Him to accept the error as if it were of no consequence. Error is a serious thing.

Originally Posted By: Jesus
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. Matthew 12:37

. . . The Lord presents Himself as the authority for His requirements. There is to be no departure from the word of God in order to exalt the word of man. God is authority and what he says is to be done. {RH, August 9, 1898 par. 11}

The whole matter centers here. Obedience means eternal life; disobedience means eternal death. Error never becomes truth, though it may be hoary with age. Then shall intelligent beings decide that in this world, to which Satan was banished as an exile, God has given the rebel what he claimed and failed to gain in heaven? Shall the professed Christian churches change leaders, taking a "Thus saith Satan" in the place of a "Thus saith the Lord"? {RH, August 9, 1898 par. 12}

When there is so much at stake, why do not those who claim to be God's delegated messengers go to the Word of life, and make honest, wise, prayerful research, saying, We will know what saith the Lord in this matter? If the search is undertaken in the spirit of Christ, it will be awarded. But if the teachers of the people echo the words of the great apostate, it will be found to their shame and ruin; and they will carry with them those whom they have deceived, as Satan in his rebellion carried out of the heavenly courts those who accepted his words instead of the words of God. {RH, August 9, 1898 par. 13}

Sin lies at the door of those who do not allow their ignorance to be expelled by the rays of light from God's word. They are doing what the Jews did in the days of Christ,--teaching for doctrine the commandments of men. By their actions they say, We do not wish to be disturbed. Let us alone. Do not disturb our peace. To God's messengers, sent to them with words of warning and reproof, they say, "Art thou he that troubleth Israel?" {RH, August 9, 1898 par. 14}

Originally Posted By: Green: echoed by Hch
You should find that last paragraph to be especially thought-provoking in your case, Green. When I have presented words of wisdom from Mrs. White that apply directly to your case, you have characterized me as false teacher, while you are miss quoting Mrs. White. But from whom did the rebukes come? Whose pen recorded those messages?

Be careful, "lest haply ye be found even to fight against God."

Christian regards,

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #188675
03/10/19 12:52 PM
03/10/19 12:52 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
While you were watching 4 March 2019, did you see this?

https://www.catholicworldreport.com/2019...ce-in-politics/

Do you see the contrasting parallels?

General conference in session dictating who cannot be ordained to serve God (limiting God's work on earth) and 1335 days later: The pope telling his followers how to gain political influence (to extend Catholic influence in Latin America).

The image beast is forming behind the scenes and political movements are hindering the work of God.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #188676
03/10/19 01:00 PM
03/10/19 01:00 PM
T
Theophilus  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

Florida. USA
Wow! you said we didn't read your March 4 prophesy correctly, --you said on March 4, the Lord blessed you! Imagine! A Bible time prophecy just for you!
I want to know, and this is asked with respect, but, how does God give you these messages? Do you hear voices?

I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which Thou hast shewed unto Thy servant;...
Gen 32:10
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Theophilus] #188681
03/11/19 01:49 PM
03/11/19 01:49 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Theophilus
Wow! you said we didn't read your March 4 prophesy correctly, --you said on March 4, the Lord blessed you! Imagine! A Bible time prophecy just for you!
I want to know, and this is asked with respect, but, how does God give you these messages? Do you hear voices?

Quote:
"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." James 1:5

Quote:
"For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath." Matthew 25:29

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Theophilus] #188694
03/12/19 02:51 PM
03/12/19 02:51 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Theophilus

Yeah. Today is going to be a Biblically predicted event of great disaster. Tomorrow, I say I lost my pencil.

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: James Peterson] #188695
03/12/19 02:58 PM
03/12/19 02:58 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

That's not about an SDA IJ at all; so it is safe to discuss the verse on this thread. The angel speaking with John told him what "judgment" it was. And it was God's judgment of Babylon. Look at the series of proclamations (Rev. 14:6-13):

• "Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water."

NOTICE THE CALL TO WORSHIP GOD ALONE

• "Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she has made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication."

I was talking about the judgment portion. Notice it comes before the fall of Babylon. Verse nine says "third angel followed". This indicates there were two previous ones. In sequence. The fall happens after the judgment.

But you seem to want to talk about Babylon.

What do you say is Babylon and can you give support from Revelation?

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: kland] #188699
03/12/19 05:45 PM
03/12/19 05:45 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland

That's not about an SDA IJ at all; so it is safe to discuss the verse on this thread. The angel speaking with John told him what "judgment" it was. And it was God's judgment of Babylon. Look at the series of proclamations (Rev. 14:6-13):

• "Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water."

NOTICE THE CALL TO WORSHIP GOD ALONE

• "Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she has made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication."

I was talking about the judgment portion. Notice it comes before the fall of Babylon. Verse nine says "third angel followed". This indicates there were two previous ones. In sequence. The fall happens after the judgment.

But you seem to want to talk about Babylon.

Why did you take out the judgment of God in order to impose your own interpretation of what the judgment was? Here was the judgment:

• "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name." Rev. 14:6-13

• NOTICE THE JUDGMENT: THE WRATH OF GOD POURED OUT FULL STRENGTH INTO THE CUP OF HIS INDIGNATION!!!!!!!!!

• In other words, Babylon, instead of advancing the worship of God, was colluding with the Beast and in fierce anger forcing others to worship the Image. For that reason, Babylon "was fallen" --- and the hour of God's judgment against that city had come.

Do SDA consider themselves to be BABYLON THE GREAT MOTHER OF HARLOTS? Then why do they continue to follow blindly, stumbling into the ditch of mangled and convoluted wrong interpretations, declaring themselves to be under judgment? John 5:24

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #188705
03/13/19 02:05 PM
03/13/19 02:05 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I think you are substituting in "judgment" for "wrath".

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/15/24 09:27 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!