HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,632
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, Kevin H), 3,289 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: kland] #188710
03/14/19 12:02 PM
03/14/19 12:02 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: Theophilus
Wow! you said we didn't read your March 4 prophesy correctly, --you said on March 4, the Lord blessed you! Imagine! A Bible time prophecy just for you!
I want to know, and this is asked with respect, but, how does God give you these messages? Do you hear voices?

Yeah. Today is going to be a Biblically predicted event of great disaster. Tomorrow, I say I lost my pencil.

Did you predict that terrible hurricane blizzard that engulfed the Midwest?

Is the loss of your pencil, when you found you computer to type the post above?

Some folks will be to smart to look and live. It happened when Moses raised the brass serpent on the pole in the wilderness. Some folks knew that looking at a snake on a pole wouldn't cure their deadly wound. They dug in their heels and ran the clock out: They died before they realized that they could have looked and lived.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #188718
03/14/19 08:31 PM
03/14/19 08:31 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
And some people consulted the witch of Endor.

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: kland] #188728
03/15/19 11:51 AM
03/15/19 11:51 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
And some people consulted the witch of Endor.

It takes discernment om God to know who is led of the Holy Spirit and who is consulting devils.

Quote:
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! (Isaiah 5:20)

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #188732
03/15/19 01:38 PM
03/15/19 01:38 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
His Child,

The Bible could hardly be more clear. Your prophecies have failed. You are, consequently, a false prophet.

Remember the prophet who prophesied against Jeroboam and the altar he had set up? Remember how he was given strict instructions from God to return home another way without stopping to eat or drink along the way? Remember that another prophet gave him a message "from God" that he was to eat with him?

Woe unto him who listens to the wrong prophet, assuming, because of his fair speech, that he has God's spirit and message.

The Bible helps us know which prophet to follow: "...when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, then shall the prophet be known, that the LORD hath truly sent him" (Jeremiah 28:9).

Based on that scripture, until Obama becomes president again, replacing Trump, can you be considered a true prophet of God? Your word has not come to pass. I know, you'll probably say you haven't claimed to be a prophet. Well, neither did the prophets in the Bible. A prophet is one because of his or her word as to what God is doing or will do. You have given yours.

"If they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." How much light? The devil mixes truth with error. He is an expert at it. That you have spoken some truths does not establish the validity of all you have said.

I think there have been at least three or four specific prophecies you have promulgated here in the past which failed to come to pass. If someone could make a list of all of your prophetic sayings/interpretations, it would be easier to determine just which ones had any potential validity and which ones outright failed.

Here's one of your false interpretations/prophecies:
Originally Posted By: His Child, 24 September 2016
My Bible study confirms that the Judgment Hour of the dead was allotted a specific duration.

Day = 1000-years
hour = 83 years 4 months because Jesus said there are 12 hours in a day

Judgment Hour of dead 22 October 1844 till 22 February 1928

That is obviously false because Mrs. White and Jesus tell us we will not and cannot know when the judgment will pass from the dead to the living.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
The judgment is now passing in the sanctuary above. For many years this work has been in progress. Soon--none know how soon--it will pass to the cases of the living. In the awful presence of God our lives are to come up in review. At this time above all others it behooves every soul to heed the Saviour's admonition, "Watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is." Mark 13:33. "If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee." Revelation 3:3.

Yes, it takes discernment to know who is led of the Holy Spirit and who is consulting devils. Unfortunately, many who do the latter are ignorant of the fact that their devils are not actually the Holy Spirit. Self-deception is the worst kind. Who can undeceive such a one?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #188742
03/16/19 01:25 AM
03/16/19 01:25 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Green,

We would do well to consider the counsel in the testimonies:

Quote:
We should show our faith by our works. A greater anxiety should be manifested to have a large measure of the spirit of Christ; for in this will be the strength of the church. It is Satan who is striving to have God's children draw apart. Love, oh, how little love we have--love for God and for one another! The word and spirit of truth, dwelling in our hearts, will separate us from the world. The immutable principles of truth and love will bind heart to heart, and the strength of the union will be according to the measure of grace and truth enjoyed. Well would it be for us each to hold up the mirror, God's royal law, and see in it the reflection of His own character. Let us be careful not to neglect the danger signals and the warnings given in His word. Unless heed is given to these warnings, and defects of character are overcome, these defects will overcome those who possess them, and they will fall into error, apostasy, and open sin. The mind that is not elevated to the highest standard will in time lose its power to retain that which it had once gained. "Let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall." "Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ." {5T 537.2}

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #188744
03/16/19 01:46 AM
03/16/19 01:46 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
HC,

I can heartily agree with that. Did you notice how much she dwelt on "truth" in that statement? Truth and love are partners--and many misunderstand what true love is.

Those ministers who are men pleasers, who cry, Peace, peace, when God has not spoken peace, might well humble their hearts before God, asking pardon for their insincerity and their lack of moral courage. It is not from love for their neighbor that they smooth down the message entrusted to them, but because they are self-indulgent and ease-loving. True love seeks first the honor of God and the salvation of souls. Those who have this love will not evade the truth to save themselves from the unpleasant results of plain speaking. When souls are in peril, God's ministers will not consider self, but will speak the word given them to speak, refusing to excuse or palliate evil. {PK 141.3}

Excusing evil is no sign of true love. "Faithful are the wounds of a friend."

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Green Cochoa] #188752
03/16/19 10:44 AM
03/16/19 10:44 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
HC,

I can heartily agree with that. Did you notice how much she dwelt on "truth" in that statement? Truth and love are partners--and many misunderstand what true love is.

Those ministers who are men pleasers, who cry, Peace, peace, when God has not spoken peace, might well humble their hearts before God, asking pardon for their insincerity and their lack of moral courage. It is not from love for their neighbor that they smooth down the message entrusted to them, but because they are self-indulgent and ease-loving. True love seeks first the honor of God and the salvation of souls. Those who have this love will not evade the truth to save themselves from the unpleasant results of plain speaking. When souls are in peril, God's ministers will not consider self, but will speak the word given them to speak, refusing to excuse or palliate evil. {PK 141.3}

Excusing evil is no sign of true love. "Faithful are the wounds of a friend."

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Green,
On one point we agree.

But we disagree on the fact: You think you understand BUT you do not understand what I have done and am doing so much so that you have called my work evil when it is in service of God.

You would do good to remember that God once told Abraham to sacrifice his son, his only son Isaac. If you had been one of Abraham's counselors, you would have concluded that this could not have been God speaking to Abraham because it is not in harmony with God's word. But Abraham knew the voice of God and though the command was not in accordance with God's teachings, Abraham did not rationalize that Satan was appearing to him as if he were God. Abraham knew the voice of God and obeyed.

If you understood that man is not infallible and that by studying the word of God with prayer and following it through faith, you would see a growth from partial understanding to a more complete understanding. But because you focus on the shortcomings in my studies that were not completely understood at various times in my studies, you have pronounced me a false prophet rather than a growing Christian. And now that my understanding has matured a great deal, you are unable to see the development of truth so much so that you label it error. And you cast a shadow of unbelief over my comments. That will only turn people to darkness when I offer them light.

The final shaking will shake everything that is not firmly established in Christ. That time has arrived.

Christian regards

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #188754
03/16/19 11:01 AM
03/16/19 11:01 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: His child
Green,
On one point we agree.

But we disagree on the fact: You think you understand BUT you do not understand what I have done and am doing so much so that you have called my work evil when it is in service of God.

You would do good to remember that God once told Abraham to sacrifice his son, his only son Isaac. If you had been one of Abraham's counselors, you would have concluded that this could not have been God speaking to Abraham because it is not in harmony with God's word. But Abraham knew the voice of God and though the command was not in accordance with God's teachings, Abraham did not rationalize that Satan was appearing to him as if he were God. Abraham knew the voice of God and obeyed.

If you understood that man is not infallible and that by studying the word of God with prayer and following it through faith, you would see a growth from partial understanding to a more complete understanding. But because you focus on the shortcomings in my studies that were not completely understood at various times in my studies, you have pronounced me a false prophet rather than a growing Christian. And now that my understanding has matured a great deal, you are unable to see the development of truth so much so that you label it error. And you cast a shadow of unbelief over my comments. That will only turn people to darkness when I offer them light.

The final shaking will shake everything that is not firmly established in Christ. That time has arrived.

Christian regards

His Child,

Your theology here has become dangerous. You would have us believe that a knowledge of the Scriptures is of less use than a faith that comes from a relationship with Christ (prayer)? If, however, your understanding is growing, as you have said, I hope you will resolve from henceforth to set no more dates. That would be in accordance with the teaching of Ellen White.

I know in whom I have believed, Henry. My faith is solidly based on a "thus saith the Lord," and will not be undermined by any form of a mere emotional appeal. Please remember that which was written by the prophet:

Those who endeavor to obey all the commandments of God will be opposed and derided. They can stand only in God. In order to endure the trial before them, they must understand the will of God as revealed in His word; they can honor Him only as they have a right conception of His character, government, and purposes, and act in accordance with them. None but those who have fortified the mind with the truths of the Bible will stand through the last great conflict. To every soul will come the searching test: Shall I obey God rather than men? The decisive hour is even now at hand. Are our feet planted on the rock of God's immutable word? Are we prepared to stand firm in defense of the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus? {GC 593.2}

God has given us His Word. We may safely accept it as faithful and true, and we must use it, and it alone, as the light to shine on the errors that surround us. Only in the light of God's Word will we find sound steps upon which to place our feet.

In the words of the famous reformer: "Here I stand, I can do no other; may God help me. Amen."

Green Cochoa.

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Green Cochoa] #188781
03/18/19 02:27 AM
03/18/19 02:27 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
His Child,

Your theology here has become dangerous. You would have us believe that a knowledge of the Scriptures is of less use than a faith that comes from a relationship with Christ (prayer)?

Green,
Thank you for showing me that my post was unclear. Language is an imperfect way of expression. The Bible only, BUT The Bible apart from the Holy Spirit can do more harm than good.

Originally Posted By: EGW
The Holy Spirit has been given us as an aid in the study of the Bible. Jesus promised, "The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26. When the Bible is made the study book, with earnest supplication for the Spirit's guidance, and with a full surrender of the heart to be sanctified through the truth, all that Christ has promised will be accomplished. The result of such Bible study will be well-balanced minds. The understanding will be quickened, the sensibilities aroused. The conscience will become sensitive; the sympathies and sentiments will be purified; a better moral atmosphere will be created; and new power to resist temptation will be imparted. Teachers and students will become active and earnest in the work of God. {CT 357.1}

Originally Posted By: EGW
Even Bible study, as too often conducted in the schools, is robbing the world of the priceless treasure of the word of God. The work of "higher criticism," in dissecting, conjecturing, reconstructing, is destroying faith in the Bible as a divine revelation; it is robbing God's word of power to control, uplift, and inspire human lives. {Ed 227.4}

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #188870
03/23/19 03:52 PM
03/23/19 03:52 PM
T
Theophilus  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

Florida. USA
If Green and you both read the same Bible, and what Scripture says, and you say one needs the Holy Spirit and Scripture to understand, then one of you is being led by a spirit that is not holy. so is Green deceived? Or are you? It has to be one or the other.

I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which Thou hast shewed unto Thy servant;...
Gen 32:10
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/15/24 09:27 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!