HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,641
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, daylily, dedication), 3,117 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Smiling in Church #18886
10/17/00 01:46 PM
10/17/00 01:46 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
Bro. Ed, you should do thios at your church.

My pastor has lay preachers speak here and I'd be willing to bet yours would welcome a break from preaching some sabbath.

If you do, and work it out, share it with us as to how it went.

------------------
What is popular is not always right.
What is right is not always popular.

Gerry B.

Re: Smiling in Church #18887
10/18/00 01:24 PM
10/18/00 01:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

I get to bring flowers, money, offering plates, but no messages from the pulpit ( Just Sabbath School & Superintendent).

------------------
Edward F. Sutton

Re: Smiling in Church #18888
10/19/00 03:37 AM
10/19/00 03:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd love to have a message like the one you described in either of my churches.

If we don't become "family-friendly" soon, you'd have to improvize the illustration by hoisting up the youngest retiree while those who can still walk on their own place the flowers...

------------------
As the Happy Moments Roll,

Pastor Andrew

Re: Smiling in Church #18889
10/19/00 12:39 PM
10/19/00 12:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unfortunatly too true.

Geritol has always been rejected by the 36 week old taste test crowd, something about the Lack of the milk of human kindness.

Maybe we should add this update to our understanding of doctrine.
"Thou shalt love your neighbor more than anything except God. This word love is an action word that means visits, helps for their & our needs(sometimes they are the ones helping us), prayers, fellowship,
groceries and shopping trips and so on."

------------------
Edward F. Sutton

Re: Smiling in Church #18890
10/20/00 04:22 PM
10/20/00 04:22 PM
G
gypsyklb  Offline
Posting New Member
?
Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say Rejoice!
Edward Sutton, YOU are my kind of speaker. In your heart is a love for children that can only come from Above.
In the church I was attending until this summer was very much like some that were described at the beginning of this subject.
There were quips on the church board how people joined our church to die, we had about 6 deaths last year. However, the hearts of many have been dead for years (& years). We had a wonderful pastor when I joined to be with friends who have since left the state. He was loved by many and disliked by as many. But he loved children. Now we have a 'fancy' pastor that went to Brigham Young and allows no one to forget that he is Dr.especially when a point is needed to be made and is forever working the polls, (the retired pastors and head elder).
To please the polls, "Sabbath School program is suppose to be enough for the children"; the children's story was forever scrubbed; 'To make the Worship service more appealling' to the up and coming and those with ample monthly retirement to boast the tithes submitted to the conference each month.
True, there are some sweet souls that still have a young heart and they are the only reason I stayed as long as I did.
I don't think that my Jesus would have enjoyed it either. He would not be very welcome there. Only the priests and rabbis!

Re: Smiling in Church #18891
10/22/00 04:24 AM
10/22/00 04:24 AM
G
gypsyklb  Offline
Posting New Member
?
We shared a glorious Sabbath. A stimulating Sabbath school lesson, a A+ sermon, a delious lunch and time with the family I rarely get to see during the week.

I was reminded of a story that my uncle told numerous time regarding a certain 3 or 4 year old girl. Mother had to go to the doctor for she was suffering from enlarged tonsils. She was there for a rather small woman with a very very small throat. The doctor had given her some pills that she found difficult to swallow and complained the doctor had given her 'horse pills'.
Sabbath as the choir entered through the back for the march down toward the front. She looked up just in time to see the doctor in question. Excitely it was announced in a loud whisper, "Ooh, there is Dr. Parker. My mommy says he's a horse doctor." Many faces turned red. Dr. Parker, at being associated as such, was embarassed, the people around and yip, Uncle Wilmer, all attempting to conceal the humor of the moment.
I never felt contempt from the grownups as I grew in the church.

A few years down the road, a young mother of two attempted to rejoin the church. The oldest child was 6 years of age and baby sister was 2. The mother's room was not air-conditioned and the speakers didn't work. The mother embarassed because the children were not use to sitting confined for such a length of time decided that to avoid "the looks", she would return when the children were older.

She never did return to that small church. Jesus said, "Let the little childen come and do not forbid them." Kids are..well, they are kids and do impulsive things...smile, whisper too loud or even just can't seem to sit still. Let none forget to embrace the little ones. They are the church of the future and Jesus lived and died for them too.

Isn't God Awesome?
klb

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/21/24 04:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!