HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,609
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
What is the Great Tribulation? #189154
04/19/19 12:06 AM
04/19/19 12:06 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Now if you ask, the answer a lot of people give is that is a seven or more years at some time in the future, and I am posting a good explanation by my buddy Amo and what I have found that shows the time frame of the Great Tribulation, and its not seven years. But the early Church was persecuted from the very beginning, first by the Jews first, then the pagan Romans, then the Papal Romans. So the Church was going through tribulation since it’s inception, first through the persecution and crucifixion of Christ Himself, then through the same in relation to His Apostles, and followers thereafter. Now we find that the dragon or Satan was persecuting the church as soon as it was founded by Christ and the Apostles.

Revelation 12:1-6
1And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

The man child is Christ, and the woman was the Church, during it’s transition from the old to the new covenant, is a logical conclusion when the facts of the prophecy are examined closely.

Psalms 2:1-12
1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, 3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. 4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. 5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. 6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. 7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. 10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. 11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. 12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Isaiah 11:1-5
1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. 5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

Revelation 19:13-16
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

The above scriptures are all in relation to the Lord Jesus Christ. It is He who is, and will rule the nations with a rod of iron. The prophecy does not say that the man-child is immediately caught up to heaven, just that he is caught up to heaven. Prophecies condense a lot, into a little. Unless clearly specified, we should not consider the time of prophecies by the form in which they are written, but rather by the fulfillment of the details specified in the prophecy.

The child is said to be caught up to God, and His throne. Christ is the only one that the scriptures refer to in this manner.

Hebrews 1:5-8
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? 6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. 7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. 8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Hebrews 8:1-2
1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; 2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

Hebrews 12:2
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Revelation 3:21-22
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Revelation 22:1-3
1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

The details of the prophecy of the man-child of Revelation 12 can only apply to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Himself. Now Christ does say that there will be tribulation that shall rise to an intensity that has not been " since the beginning of the world to this time".

Matthew 24:21, 22
"21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved."

As Jesus spoke these words to His disciples, He was referring to a similar prophecy made by the prophet Daniel.

Daniel 12:1
"1 At that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book."

The good news is that God's people will survive the coming tribulation which is a "time of trouble" that culminates with the Second Coming. When discussing the great tribulation to take place just before Jesus returns, you have to understand that there has been many "times of trouble" for God's people in the past. For example, the children of Israel endured 400 years of tribulation just before the Exodus.

Acts 7:6.
"6 And God spake on this wise, That his seed should sojourn in a strange land; and that they should bring them into bondage, and entreat them evil four hundred years."

The early Christians also passed through a time of trouble immediately after the stoning of Stephen.

Acts 8:1
"1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles."

From A.D. 303-313, during the era represented in the book of Revelation by the Smyrna church, God's people suffered a 10-year period of tribulation.

Revelation 2:10
"10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life."

But perhaps the most notable time of trouble was the "thousand two hundred and threescore days." which is prophetic years, or 1,260 years of intense persecution waged against true Christians during the Dark Ages.

Revelation 12:6, 13.
6 "And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and threescore days." 13 "And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman."

As bad as these times were for God's people, none can compare with the final, great tribulation that is yet to take place. The great tribulation corresponds with the time during which the seven last plagues of Revelation referred to in chapter 15 and 16 when they will fall and they are connected to the Third Angels Message, so we will begin with that.

Third Angel's Message

Revelation 14:9-12 .....'And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.'

The seven last plagues have a connection with the third angel’s message; for it is brought to view in the message itself, and are intimately connected with it according to other prophecies. The message “The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation.” is connected to the first verse of chapter 15, which speaks of judgments in which “is filled up the wrath of God.”

Revelation 15:1-7
1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.
2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.
4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.
5 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:
6 And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
7 And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.
8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.

This "wrath of God" must certainly mean the same as the unmixed wrath threatened in the Third Angels Message. But here the "wrath of God" is plainly said to be the seven last plagues which cannot be poured out till the work in the sanctuary is finished. We see here, "behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:" From that temple then came forth seven angels with the seven last plagues, the temple brings to view the work of Christ in the most holy place.

In verse 8 the "temple was filled with the glory of the Lord so that no one was able to enter therein, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled." This brings us to the time when the priesthood of Christ has closed, as until then there will be some one ministering in that temple. The Seven Last Plagues are the unmixed wrath threatened in the Third Angels message, which is the last judgment to be inflicted on men before the Lord appears.

Last edited by Rick H; 04/19/19 03:11 PM.
Re: What is the Great Tribulation? [Re: Rick H] #189155
04/19/19 12:21 AM
04/19/19 12:21 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
So now we turn to the time of trouble of which Spirit of Prophecy tells us:

"When the third angel's message closes, mercy no longer pleads for the guilty inhabitants of the earth. The people of God have accomplished their work. They have received "the latter rain," "the refreshing from the presence of the Lord," and they are prepared for the trying hour before them. Angels are hastening to and fro in heaven. An angel returning from the earth announces that his work is done; the final test has been brought upon the world, and all who have proved themselves loyal to the divine precepts have received "the seal of the living God." Then Jesus ceases His intercession in the sanctuary above. He lifts His hands and with a loud voice says, "It is done;" and all the angelic host lay off their crowns as He makes the solemn announcement: "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." Revelation 22:11. Every case has been decided for life or death. Christ has made the atonement for His people and blotted out their sins. The number of His subjects is made up; "the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven," is about to be given to the heirs of salvation, and Jesus is to reign as King of kings and Lord of lords.

When He leaves the sanctuary, darkness covers the inhabitants of the earth. In that fearful time the righteous must live in the sight of a holy God without an intercessor. The restraint which has been upon the wicked is removed, and Satan has entire control of the finally impenitent. God's long-suffering has ended. The world has rejected His mercy, despised His love, and trampled upon His law. The wicked have passed the boundary of their probation; the Spirit of God, persistently resisted, has been at last withdrawn. Unsheltered by divine grace, they have no protection from the wicked one. Satan will then plunge the inhabitants of the earth into one great, final trouble. As the angels of God cease to hold in check the fierce winds of human passion, all the elements of strife will be let loose. The whole world will be involved in ruin more terrible than that which came upon Jerusalem of old."

When Christ ceases His intercession in the sanctuary, the unmingled wrath threatened against those who worship the beast and his image and receive his mark (Revelation 14:9, 10), will be poured out. The plagues upon Egypt when God was about to deliver Israel were similar in character to those more terrible and extensive judgments which are to fall upon the world just before the final deliverance of God's people. Says the revelator, in describing those terrific scourges: "There fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshiped his image." The sea "became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea." And "the rivers and fountains of waters . . . became blood." Terrible as these inflictions are, God's justice stands fully vindicated. The angel of God declares: "Thou art righteous, O Lord, . . . because Thou hast judged thus. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and Thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy." Revelation 16:2-6....

These plagues are not universal, or the inhabitants of the earth would be wholly cut off. Yet they will be the most awful scourges that have ever been known to mortals. All the judgments upon men, prior to the close of probation, have been mingled with mercy. The pleading blood of Christ has shielded the sinner from receiving the full measure of his guilt; but in the final judgment, wrath is poured out unmixed with mercy. ..(GC pages 624..629)

Speaking of Revelation 15 we read, "The whole chapter is but an introduction to the most terrific judgment of the Almighty that ever have been, or are to be, visited upon this earth in its present state; namely, the seven last plagues. The most that we here behold is a solemn preparation for the outpouring of these unmixed vials. Verse 5 shows that these plagues fall after the close of the ministration in the sanctuary; for the temple is opened before they are poured out. They are given in charge to seven angels, and these angels are clothed in linen pure and white, a fit emblem of the purity of God’s righteousness and justice in the infliction of these judgments. They receive these vials from one of the four beasts, or living creatures. These living beings were proved (see on chapter 4) to be a class of Christ’s assistants in his sanctuary work. How appropriate, then, that they should be the ones to deliver to the ministers of vengeance the vials of the wrath to be poured upon those who have slighted Christ’s mercy, abused his long-suffering, heaped contumely upon his name, and crucified him afresh in the treatment of his followers! While the seven angels are performing their fearful mission, the temple is filled with the glory of God, and no man - (oudeis), no one, no being, referring to Christ and his heavenly assistants - can enter therein. This shows that the work of mercy is closed, as there is no ministration in the sanctuary during the infliction of the plagues; hence they are manifestations of the wrath of God without any mixture of mercy." {DAR1909 681.3}

Another and more definite testimony as to the commencement and duration of these plagues is found in chapter 15: 8: “And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.” The temple here introduced is evidently that which is mentioned in chapter 11:19, where it says, “The temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament.” In other words, we have before us the heavenly sanctuary. The testimony is, then, that when the seven angels with the seven golden vials receive their commission, the temple is filled with smoke from the glory of God, and no being can enter into the temple, or sanctuary, till they have fulfilled their work; there will therefore be no ministration in the sanctuary during this time. Consequently, these vials are not poured out till the close of the ministration in the tabernacle above, but immediately follow that event; for Christ is then no longer a mediator; mercy, which has long stayed the hand of vengeance, pleads no more; the servants of God are all sealed. What could then be expected but that the “storm of vengeance should fall”, and earth be swept with the besom of destruction? {DAR1909 685.4}

Having now shown the chronology of these judgments, that they are before us in the very near future, treasured up against the day of wrath, we proceed to inquire into their nature, and what will result when the solemn and fearful mandate shall go forth from the temple to the seven angels, saying, “Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.” Here we are called to look into the “armory” of the Lord, and behold the “weapons of his indignation.” Jeremiah 50:25. Here are brought forth the treasures of hail, which have been reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war. Job 38:22, 23. {DAR1909 686.1}

The seven last plagues is directly connected to the 'wrath is poured out unmixed mercy' and corresponding to the 'time of trouble/time such as never was' given in the prophecies of Revelation and Daniel.

"As Jesus moved out of the most holy place, I heard the tinkling of the bells upon His garment; and as He left, a cloud of darkness covered the inhabitants of the earth. There was then no mediator between guilty man and an offended God. While Jesus had been standing between God and guilty man, a restraint was upon the people; but when He stepped out from between man and the Father, the restraint was removed and Satan had entire control of the finally impenitent. {SR 403.1}

"It was impossible for the plagues to be poured out while Jesus officiated in the sanctuary; but as His work there is finished, and His intercession closes, there is nothing to stay the wrath of God, and it breaks with fury upon the shelterless head of the guilty sinner, who has slighted salvation and hated reproof. In that fearful time, after the close of Jesus’ mediation, the saints were living in the sight of a holy God without an intercessor. Every case was decided, every jewel numbered. Jesus tarried a moment in the outer apartment of the heavenly sanctuary, and the sins which had been confessed while He was in the most holy place were placed upon Satan, the originator of sin, who must suffer their punishment. [Note.—This suffering of Satan is in no sense a vicarious atonement. As indicated in a previous chapter: “As man's substitute and surety, the iniquity of men was laid upon Christ.” (See p. 225.) But after those who accept Christ's sacrifice have been redeemed, it is certainly just that Satan, the originator of sin, should suffer the final punishment. As Mrs. White has said elsewhere, “When the work of atonement in the heavenly sanctuary has been completed, then in the presence of God and heavenly angels, and the host of the redeemed, the sins of God's people will be placed upon Satan; he will be declared guilty of all the evil which he has caused them to commit.”—The Great Controversy, 658.—Compilers.] {SR 403.2}

So as Christ has finished the intercessory work in the heavenly tabernacle, and now prepares to come, it gives a clue to how long this 'Great Tribulation' will be.

Last edited by Rick H; 04/19/19 02:32 PM.
Re: What is the Great Tribulation? [Re: Rick H] #189156
04/19/19 11:34 AM
04/19/19 11:34 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
And what is the Wrath of God?

The restraint which has been upon the wicked is removed, and Satan has entire control of the finally impenitent. God's long-suffering has ended. The world has rejected His mercy, despised His love, and trampled upon His law. The wicked have passed the boundary of their probation; the Spirit of God, persistently resisted, has been at last withdrawn. Unsheltered by divine grace, they have no protection from the wicked one. Satan will then plunge the inhabitants of the earth into one great, final trouble. As the angels of God cease to hold in check the fierce winds of human passion, all the elements of strife will be let loose. The whole world will be involved in ruin more terrible than that which came upon Jerusalem of old. {GC 614.1}

This is a recap of Chapter 1 of The Great Controversy:

We cannot know how much we owe to Christ for the peace and protection which we enjoy. It is the restraining power of God that prevents mankind from passing fully under the control of Satan. The disobedient and unthankful have great reason for gratitude for God's mercy and long-suffering in holding in check the cruel, malignant power of the evil one. But when men pass the limits of divine forbearance, that restraint is removed. God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression; but He leaves the rejectors of His mercy to themselves, to reap that which they have sown. Every ray of light rejected, every warning despised or unheeded, every passion indulged, every transgression of the law of God, is a seed sown which yields its unfailing harvest. The Spirit of God, persistently resisted, is at last withdrawn from the sinner, and then there is left no power to control the evil passions of the soul, and no protection from the malice and enmity of Satan. The destruction of Jerusalem is a fearful and solemn warning to all who are trifling with the offers of divine grace and resisting the pleadings of divine mercy. Never was there given a more decisive testimony to God's hatred of sin and to the certain punishment that will fall upon the guilty. {GC 36.1}

Where does the punishment come from? God? No.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: What is the Great Tribulation? [Re: Rick H] #189163
04/20/19 05:04 PM
04/20/19 05:04 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
We quarantine contagious people to protect the public. People who purposely infect others is considered criminal. For example, if someone with measles goes into a public place knowing their presence will infect others is malicious, liable, and subject to criminal prosecution. In a similar way, God would be at fault if He showed up knowing His presence would consume people.

Re: What is the Great Tribulation? [Re: Rick H] #189167
04/20/19 10:22 PM
04/20/19 10:22 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: mike
In a similar way, God would be at fault if He showed up knowing His presence would consume people.
Or has the power to prevent a girl from being raped but does not? Or prevent the alcoholic from driving drunk and killing an innocent family? What do you draw the line?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: What is the Great Tribulation? [Re: Rick H] #189168
04/21/19 02:27 AM
04/21/19 02:27 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
We do not draw lines on God.

We've just had a wonderful weekend reflecting on the love of God. Christ, the Lamb of God, coming to earth, entering the human sphere and becoming one of us, that we, through His life and sacrifice may become one with Him. He suffered untold agony that we might have life.
Yet, people are constantly questioning God's love?

Yes, in this life we will have tribulation, sorrow, and even death, but God has promised "all things work together for good o them that love in Him"

We tend to see salvation from a self centered perspective -- but salvation is far greater in its scope --
He Who knows the end from the beginning, and whose great desire is to win the hearts and souls of the created, giving them eternal life and eternal joy -- He alone knows where to draw the lines in this sinful world, in perfect righteousness, holiness and love. And He will do so in a way that NO ONE will ever again doubt that goodness and love throughout all coming eternity.

Re: What is the Great Tribulation? [Re: Rick H] #189169
04/21/19 04:04 AM
04/21/19 04:04 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The plagues in Revelation--
They are in bowls or containers of some sort.

In the overall Bible story we read about containers in which sin accumulates and is held -- "the cup of iniquity"

Example:

Genesis 15:16 the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.

We read in Romans
“But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God” (Romans 2:5).

Jesus, in His stern denunciation of the Pharisees, made the declaration, “Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers guilt.” Math 23:32

And of Babylon who holds a cup in her hand it is said:
Rev. 18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled, fill to her double.

EGW writes of the people before the flood"
"Their cup of iniquity was full, and he cleansed the earth of its moral pollution by a flood." {CTBH 43.1}

Then referring to Jerusalem
"They were about to fill to overflowing their cup of iniquity. And soon it was to be poured upon their heads in retributive justice. Of this, Jesus warned them: {DA 618.3}

"Transgression has almost reached its limit. Confusion fills the world, and a great terror is soon to come upon human beings. The end is very near. We who know the truth should be preparing for what is soon to break upon the world as an overwhelming surprise.--8T 28 (1904). {LDE 41.4}

All through the Scripture we find the concept of the accumulation of sin over a period of time when God seemingly does nothing. Typically He allows the sin and the corresponding retribution to accumulate, to “pile up” until finally His very nature requires Him to respond.

So those bowls that the seven angels hold -- what are they filled with?
Why is the angel that explains the destruction of Babylon in Revelation 17, and 18, holding one of those bowls as He shows John the accumulation of wickedness in Babylon's cup?

I would suggest those bowls the angel's are holding are full of the accumulated wickedness of the nations.
When they are poured out on the nations -- yes, it is basically the the accumulated evil of these nations that is being poured in full measure back on the heads of these nations. And it will be a terrible time of trouble.

Arguing about just the hows, and exact involvement of angels and God is futile -- It is God that has been holding back, and it is God that degrees the time has come to pour them out.
The truth is -- a time is at hand when the full fury of the storm will hit as the bowls are poured out.

The question we need to face --
Are we ready?
Are our sins blotted out by the blood of the Lamb?
Are we safely hidden in the cleft of the Rock which is Jesus Christ the ONLY ONE Who can save us and seal us for eternal life in His eternal kingdom of light and love?

Re: What is the Great Tribulation? [Re: Rick H] #189171
04/21/19 12:47 PM
04/21/19 12:47 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
We tend to see salvation from a self centered perspective -- but salvation is far greater in its scope --
EXACTLY!
But the plan of redemption had a yet broader and deeper purpose than the salvation of man. It was not for this alone that Christ came to the earth; it was not merely that the inhabitants of this little world might regard the law of God as it should be regarded; but it was to vindicate the character of God before the universe. To this result of His great sacrifice--its influence upon the intelligences of other worlds, as well as upon man--the Saviour looked forward when just before His crucifixion He said: "Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all unto Me." Joh_12:31-32. The act of Christ in dying for the salvation of man would not only make heaven accessible to men, but before all the universe it would justify God and His Son in their dealing with the rebellion of Satan. It would establish the perpetuity of the law of God and would reveal the nature and the results of sin. {PP 68.2}

m the first the great controversy had been upon the law of God. Satan had sought to prove that God was unjust, that His law was faulty, and that the good of the universe required it to be changed. In attacking the law he aimed to overthrow the authority of its Author. In the controversy it was to be shown whether the divine statutes were defective and subject to change, or perfect and immutable. {PP 69.1}

Originally Posted By: dedication
All through the Scripture we find the concept of the accumulation of sin over a period of time when God seemingly does nothing. Typically He allows the sin and the corresponding retribution to accumulate, to “pile up” until finally His very nature requires Him to respond.

So those bowls that the seven angels hold -- what are they filled with?
Why is the angel that explains the destruction of Babylon in Revelation 17, and 18, holding one of those bowls as He shows John the accumulation of wickedness in Babylon's cup?

I would suggest those bowls the angel's are holding are full of the accumulated wickedness of the nations.
When they are poured out on the nations -- yes, it is basically the the accumulated evil of these nations that is being poured in full measure back on the heads of these nations. And it will be a terrible time of trouble.

Arguing about just the hows, and exact involvement of angels and God is futile -- It is God that has been holding back, and it is God that degrees the time has come to pour them out.

The truth is -- a time is at hand when the full fury of the storm will hit as the bowls are poured out.
The Seals, Trumpets and Bowls sequence all show the agency behind destruction. Don't trust everyone one a while horse - we have been warned about deception. The DNA of the demonic is so clear in the 5th trumpet. And we know that God is not the executioner of the sentence against transgression but leaves the sinner to reap what which they have sewn, a letting go of the 4 winds. And results shows the truth of the matter.

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!