HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,638
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, TheophilusOne, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,262 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189584
05/27/19 09:28 AM
05/27/19 09:28 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: Daryl
There would need to be a lot of support from the Republicans in order for that to happen, which looks highly unlikely at the moment.

Daryl,

If the House of Representatives impeached Donald Trump and the Democrats in the Senate convicted him, it would only take 10 (give or take a few) Republican Senators to convict him and remove him from office. It can come down to a relatively few people to put Michael in office and in context of the war with Iran, The Time of Trouble will commence. Michael will stand for his people [evangelicals] and:

Quote:
The days in which we live are solemn and important. The Spirit of God is gradually but surely being withdrawn from the earth. Plagues and judgments are already falling upon the despisers of the grace of God. The calamities by land and sea, the unsettled state of society, the alarms of war, are portentous. They forecast approaching events of the greatest magnitude. The agencies of evil are combining their forces, and consolidating. They are strengthening for the last great crisis. Great changes are soon to take place in our world, and the final movements will be rapid ones.--Testimonies, vol. 9, p. 11.

His Child,

You should cease your prognostications, for they are false and merely sensationalistic. If you must continue posting false prophecies, I wish you would find somewhere else to do so. As a moderator here, I hate to feel the burden of making a judgment as to whether to allow your false teachings to remain, and I am beginning to wonder if I should remove them. I'm sure you are sincere in your beliefs, but you have many times posted false prophecies here, and, unfortunately, you continue doing so--seemingly never having learned from your past errors.

Pence is NOT the "Michael" of which the Bible speaks. Ellen White is clear enough that the One who stands up is Jesus Christ.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Those professed believers who come up to the time of trouble unprepared, will, in their despair, confess their sins before all in words of burning anguish, while the wicked exult over their distress. The case of all such is hopeless. When Christ stands up, and leaves the most holy place, then the time of trouble commences, and the case of every soul is decided, and there will be no atoning blood to cleanse from sin and pollution. As Jesus leaves the most holy, he speaks in tones of decision and kingly authority, "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still; and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still; and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still; and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." {3SG 134.1}

Then Jesus will step out from between the Father and men, and God will keep silence no longer, but pour out His wrath on those who have rejected His truth. I saw that the anger of the nations, the wrath of God, and the time to judge the dead, were separate and distinct, one following the other; also that Michael had not stood up, and that the time of trouble, such as never was, had not yet commenced. The nations are now getting angry, but when our High Priest has finished His work in the sanctuary, He will stand up, put on the garments of vengeance, and then the seven last plagues will be poured out. {CET 100.2}

The Biblical language about "Michael" is clear. He is our Prince. Remember, a "prince" is a son of a king. Not only is He our Prince, He is called "the great prince." Pence is not so great. The media has been hard on him lately for some of his indiscretions. Even if he is elected, and even if he brings in the Sunday law, he will never be the "Michael" addressed by Daniel 12:1. Never.

Selah.

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189586
05/27/19 06:34 PM
05/27/19 06:34 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
President Trump is not being impeached. Why do you think he will be?

My reading of Daniel 11:30 transitions power from President Trump to President Pence through the actions of a few people as it correlates with the #IranUSwar.

Will the war come first?
Will Trump get the boot first?
When Pence is President, the Time of Trouble follows.

That is how I read it in 3 lines.

As this thread continues, the prophecies will bear that out.

Why do you say that? You say 2=4 because your presumed prophecy didn't match math, so since trump is not being impeached, why not recalculate your prophecy to be something else?

You can't have it both ways, Henry.

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: Green Cochoa] #189588
05/28/19 05:40 AM
05/28/19 05:40 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa

His Child,

You should cease your prognostications, for they are false and merely sensationalistic. If you must continue posting false prophecies, I wish you would find somewhere else to do so. As a moderator here, I hate to feel the burden of making a judgment as to whether to allow your false teachings to remain, and I am beginning to wonder if I should remove them. I'm sure you are sincere in your beliefs, but you have many times posted false prophecies here, and, unfortunately, you continue doing so--seemingly never having learned from your past errors.

Pence is NOT the "Michael" of which the Bible speaks. Ellen White is clear enough that the One who stands up is Jesus Christ.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Those professed believers who come up to the time of trouble unprepared, will, in their despair, confess their sins before all in words of burning anguish, while the wicked exult over their distress. The case of all such is hopeless. When Christ stands up, and leaves the most holy place, then the time of trouble commences, and the case of every soul is decided, and there will be no atoning blood to cleanse from sin and pollution. As Jesus leaves the most holy, he speaks in tones of decision and kingly authority, "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still; and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still; and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still; and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." {3SG 134.1}

Then Jesus will step out from between the Father and men, and God will keep silence no longer, but pour out His wrath on those who have rejected His truth. I saw that the anger of the nations, the wrath of God, and the time to judge the dead, were separate and distinct, one following the other; also that Michael had not stood up, and that the time of trouble, such as never was, had not yet commenced. The nations are now getting angry, but when our High Priest has finished His work in the sanctuary, He will stand up, put on the garments of vengeance, and then the seven last plagues will be poured out. {CET 100.2}

The Biblical language about "Michael" is clear. He is our Prince. Remember, a "prince" is a son of a king. Not only is He our Prince, He is called "the great prince." Pence is not so great. The media has been hard on him lately for some of his indiscretions. Even if he is elected, and even if he brings in the Sunday law, he will never be the "Michael" addressed by Daniel 12:1. Never.

Selah.

Green Cochoa.

Green,

Truth from error is often difficult to discern. The counterfeit is so close to the truth that Christ said something like: If it were not for the Spirit of God giving discernment, the very elect might be deceived.

My replies thus far have been honest answers to honest questions. I would not have spoken so much to the point in this phase of the study (before all of the facts were established from a study of history, the Bible and the Spirit of prophecy) except those questions were asked and in all honesty, they could not be ignored.

If you have truth that contradicts what I have written, please share it with me that I may see my error.

The Spirit of prophecy that you shared above is true. If it were a message that is to be applied to those in Laodicea, there are two classes in that church of Laodicea: One class that is approved of God and another that thinks that they see things as they really are, while Christ calls them BLIND. That poses a problem: The blind think that they see. How then are the blind to know that they are the blind while thinking that they are the ones that see or the sighted to bring light to the blind, who do not know that they are the blind?

Jesus said that the wheat and tares would grow together until the harvest. Does He intend that to be the case in the Church of Laodicea?

I accept the reference in Daniel 12 about Michael as relating to Christ. BUT I now see that there is a counterfeit Michael in that passage as well. So should the truth about Michael/Christ be allowed to conceal everything else in the passage that God has placed there for those who are about to enter the Time of Trouble?

Truth will prevail and false teachings will be seen as the errors that they are that Satan has designed to deceive the very elect. It would be sad for you to cast your shadow over a study that is seeking truth. The word of God will do the work that He has appointed it to do.

This is a warning that we would do well to heed that it should not be said of any of us:

Quote:
The men who have the oracles of God not only break the law themselves but teach those who would investigate and obey the light to do the same. The men who claim to be teachers deceive the people, as did the leaders in Israel in Christ's day. He, the great Teacher, was in the world; He was the light of the world; but Satan interposed his hellish shadow between Him and the souls whom Christ came to save. When accused by the Pharisees, He said, "Ye make void the law of God by your tradition." "Ye teach for doctrines the commandments of men." Again He said to those so-called teachers, "Ye are both ignorant of the Scriptures and the power of God." {ST, March 20, 1901 par. 4}

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189589
05/28/19 05:52 AM
05/28/19 05:52 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Ellen G. White

Ellen G. White and her writings influenced Christianity worldwide. Eyewitnesses reported a miraculous Bible study when she held a large family Bible up with one hand and turned the pages with the other while looking Heavenward. She would point to a specific text and say it aloud, and then she would turn to another text while still looking away and repeat the process until the study was done.

In 1970, Ellen’s grandson, Arthur White, told me about that miracle and the testimony of those who had seen it. He showed me the very Bible that Ellen had held up. It was more like an unabridged dictionary than a Bible that we use today.

How could a woman of average size hold a heavy Bible up like that? It must have weighed about as much as three gallons of milk; being held high to one side with one hand while her head was turned heavenward; while pointing to the texts and quoting them verbatim. There is no comparison.

In addition to this manifestation of the Holy Spirit in the life of Ellen White, her relationship with the Lord allowed her to be used mightily. Could she have been a prophetess?

Google her. Some who have rejected Ellen White speak negatively of her appearance and criticize her in other ways. Notice how her Christian life and writings have blessed society: With good health through hospitals like Loma Linda, education through the Seventh-day Adventist school system that circles the globe, sound Bible teachings that exalt Jesus, and prosperity by showing folks how to better themselves in fulfillment of God’s word: “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth” (3 John 1:2). Ellen White gave meaning to Peter’s instruction to Christians, “whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation” (1 Peter 2:12).

God wants us to know what is for our best interest. He sends us prophecy to guide us and people to instruct us.

Nothing in the Bible forbids Ellen White from being a prophetess. If her prophetic insights agree with the Bible, failing to read and heed her writings is like ignoring the speed limit while speeding past a highway patrol car.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: Green Cochoa] #189593
05/28/19 09:08 AM
05/28/19 09:08 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
His Child,

Selah.

Green Cochoa.

I agree with your assessment of Henry (aka His Child & Charity???)'s prognostications. They are like the mist of the morning which appears beautiful but dissipates into nothing in the bright light of day. Therefore, they are harmless and only represent a proclivity for notoriety, given that their meanings frequently and shamelessly change and shift and update and finally get thrown in the bin. The best argument against them is not denunciation or erasure or excommunication, but time.

You would do well to simply allow others to engage him in conversation which would make those debates the footnote to his posts that they do not represent the truth or at least, the ideas espoused by Maritime SDA.

As I've said a million times before, Roman Catholicism by any other name (e.g. SDA) is just as tasteless. The resort to deletion and banning is tantamount to silencing the conscience. You begin to indicate to others that your end is nigh and the door of your coffin is about to be sealed. You begin to see in Mike Pence, Michael the Archangel. Look at the tattered reputation of Henry the Great (aka His Child and Charity???). Do you also want to go down that road in a bubble of echoes divorced from reality?

///

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189606
05/29/19 06:19 AM
05/29/19 06:19 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
The Message of Prophecy

Quote:
God speaks in His word, and fulfills this word in the world. We need now to seek to understand the movements of God’s providence. Said Paul, “Ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night nor of darkness.” God’s people are not left to depend on man’s wisdom. With prophetic guideposts God has marked out the way He wishes them to take. These great waymarks show us that the path of obedience is the only path we can follow with certainty. Men break their word, and prove themselves untrustworthy, but God changes not. His word will abide the same forever. Those who love and obey the law of Jehovah will meet with trial and temptation; but these are only what Jesus met, and He declares: “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me: and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand.” If we hope and pray, and by faith trust His word, we shall be able to say, with Paul, “I am persuaded, that neither death nor life nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Quote:
“There is no real standard of righteousness apart from God’s law. By obedience to this law the intellect is strengthened, and the conscience is enlightened and made sensitive.” We “need to gain a clear understanding of God’s law.” We “are not left to follow blindly the guidance of men. The great prophetic waymarks which God Himself has set up show the path of obedience to be the only path that can be followed with certainty.”

Quote:
Ponder well the paths your feet are treading. Search your Bibles carefully and prayerfully. Study the way¬marks, and inquire diligently whether your feet are in the path leading heavenward, or in the path leading to perdition.

Quote:
In every place God is working to bring men to a knowledge of Christ and His righteousness. He speaks to them in His Word. The Bible is the key that unlocks the mysteries which it is essential for human beings to understand in order to know what they must do to gain eternal life. The Bible is its own expositor. Its bright beams are to shine into all parts of the world, that sin may be revealed. The Bible is a chart, pointing out the waymarks of truth. Those who are acquainted with this chart will be enabled to tread with certainty the path of duty, wherever they may be called to go.

Quote:
The dealings of God with His people should be often repeated. He has worked as a wonder-working God. He has baptized His chosen messengers with the Holy Spirit. The past history of the cause of God needs often to be brought before the people, young and old, that they may be familiar with it. How frequently were the waymarks set up by the Lord in His dealing with ancient Israel, lest they should forget the history of the past?

Quote:
Shall we exalt human wisdom, and point to finite, changeable, erring men as a dependence in time of trouble? Or shall we exemplify our faith by our trust in God’s power, revealing the net of false theories, religions, and philosophies which Satan has spread to catch unwary souls?

Quote:
Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures. It is God’s will that we should possess this. Search, O search the precious Bible with hungry hearts. Explore God’s word… Never give up the search until you have ascertained your relation to God and His will in regard to you. Christ declared, “Whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask anything in My name, I will do it.” John 14:13, 14.

Quote:
“If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you,” the Saviour said, “ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is My Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so, shall ye be My disciples. As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love.” There is peace to be found in continuing in Christ’s love, and in daily carrying out the conditions upon which our salvation depends.

Quote:
Are we by repentance and confession sending our sins beforehand to Judgment, that they may be blotted out…? This is an individual work, --a work which we cannot safely delay. We should take hold of it earnestly; our salvation depends upon our sincerity and zeal. Let the cry be awakened in every heart, “What must I do to be saved?”

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189608
05/29/19 07:27 AM
05/29/19 07:27 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
What is the final message of mercy to the world Henry? That Pense will be president? Nope. It is not about humans, it is about God. John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

It is the darkness of misapprehension of God that is enshrouding the world. Men are losing their knowledge of His character. It has been misunderstood and misinterpreted. At this time a message from God is to be proclaimed, a message illuminating in its influence and saving in its power. His character is to be made known. Into the darkness of the world is to be shed the light of His glory, the light of His goodness, mercy, and truth. {COL 415.3}

This is the work outlined by the prophet Isaiah in the words, "O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God! Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and His arm shall rule for Him; behold, His reward is with Him, and His work before Him." Isa_40:9-10. {COL 415.4}

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love. The children of God are to manifest His glory. In their own life and character they are to reveal what the grace of God has done for them. {COL 415.5}

The light of the Sun of Righteousness is to shine forth in good works--in words of truth and deeds of holiness. {COL 416.1}

Christ, the outshining of the Father's glory, came to the world as its light. He came to represent God to men, and of Him it is written that He was anointed "with the Holy Ghost and with power," and "went about doing good." Acts 10:38. In the synagogue at Nazareth He said, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He hath anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord." Luke 4:18-19. This was the work He commissioned His disciples to do. "Ye are the light of the world," He said. "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:14; Matthew 5:16. {COL 416.2}

That is the message.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189612
05/29/19 08:37 AM
05/29/19 08:37 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Finding Vice President Pence in prophecy doesn't make sense to me mainly because it implies Jesus could not have returned "ere this". Whereas it is evident to me the stage has been set for Jesus to return at any time since shortly after 1844. I believe one of the main reasons (perhaps the only reason) Jesus hasn't returned yet is because His Chosen People have not embraced the righteousness by faith lifestyle.

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: Mountain Man] #189616
05/30/19 05:28 AM
05/30/19 05:28 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Finding Vice President Pence in prophecy doesn't make sense to me mainly because it implies Jesus could not have returned "ere this". Whereas it is evident to me the stage has been set for Jesus to return at any time since shortly after 1844. I believe one of the main reasons (perhaps the only reason) Jesus hasn't returned yet is because His Chosen People have not embraced the righteousness by faith lifestyle.

Mike,

Perhaps it is a little less complicated than you might think.

For example: The 42 months in Revelation 13 was fulfilled from 538-1798. Thus Christ could have come as prophesied after that prophecy was fulfilled. But we were not prepared for His coming. Thus He allowed that which had been to be repeated. And once the prophecy began to be repeated that which has been is to be again until the appointed time when the Lord will not allow any more delay.

Food for thought.

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189617
05/30/19 05:46 AM
05/30/19 05:46 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Prophetic Ignorance

It makes a difference to us if we place the fulfillment of Bible prophecy in the past, the present, or the future. To correctly understand Bible prophecy, it must be in the right time placement. There are prophecies that have been fulfilled in the past that will have their final or complete fulfillment before Jesus Returns. But giving prophecies a secondary fulfillment when it is commonly thought that the prophecy has been fulfilled poses problems. Some people will not accept multiple fulfilments after they believe that the prophecy has been fulfilled, and some overlook the specifics relating to a prophecy that may not have been completely fulfilled, while believing that that prophecy has been fulfilled. Its pending fulfillment can be overlooked entirely. Or while looking for prophetic fulfillment in the future, its past fulfillment can be overlooked.

Years ago, M. E. Cornell wrote: “When a prophecy is applied in the right place, there will be a perfect fitness in the application. And when not rightly applied, there will not be a perfect fulfillment of all the specifications laid down.”

A. T. Jones offered this insight: “It has been a proverb that ‘history repeats itself.’ And in that lies the truth that history is in itself prophecy which conveys to the careful and wise student instruction and admonitions concerning important movements in his own day and nation.”

Bible prophecies must be evaluated thoroughly and honestly. It is dangerous not to do this. If personal opinions or traditions determine the meaning of Bible prophecy apart from the Bible, misunderstandings will result. Historically, a misunderstanding of the meaning of the cleansing of the Sanctuary skewed Bible prophetic understanding in 1843 and 44. That misunderstanding caused some of those, who were waiting for Christ’s return in glory, to turn away from Him. Though more Bible study cleared up the error, it was too late for many who had misunderstood the Present Truth before all of the facts were known. History has repeated itself.

By faith, will we believe the prophetic evidence that God has revealed for our day; the Present Truth that is about to happen or as it happens? When prophecy is fulfilled before our very eyes, will we believe that God knows what is for our best interest, and will we follow where God is leading? Or will we ignore God and explain away Present Truth by claiming to get our prophetic understanding from the Bible, the word of God, and ignore the media reports that confirm that His word is being fulfilled! Will we do our own thing; only to learn too late the consequences of rebelling against God and the messages that He sends to bless us?

Before Jesus was born, God provided more than enough evidence to confirm His sure word that foretold Christ’s First Advent. When Jesus came, the Jews had prophecy fulfilled: The testimony of the shepherds that had heard and seen Heaven’s angels and the holy child, the magi, the testimony of God’s two faithful servants in the temple, John’s witness at Christ’s baptism, Christ’s life, His miracles, and His resurrection. Though all of this declared Jesus to be the promised Messiah, who fulfilled prophecy, very few believed.

Though God had given ample evidence before Christ’s birth to identify Jesus, Israel’s leading men did not accept Him as the Messiah even after He fulfilled Bible prophecy exactly on time! Nor did they cooperate with Heaven to give the gospel message to the world. Will we fail as they failed?

We have the endtime Present Truth that declares Prophecy Fulfilled! Pope Benedict XVI arose at the appointed time, continued for a short space, and resigned at the time appointed of Heaven; there are now two living popes (with a 3rd soon to come); and (spiritually speaking) ISIS has dried the Euphrates River up (cf Revelation 16:12). This will climax when the 7 last plagues are poured out upon the world.

Very few people anticipated that the short space in Revelation 17 related to Pope Benedict XVI. How do we know that endtime popes or presidents are revealed in Bible prophecy? As this study continues, the Scriptures will reveal the Present Truth that is essential for us to understand.

Present Truth IS challenging traditional teachings that have failed to see popes in endtime Bible prophecy: In spite of the fact that traditional Bible studies recognize that a pope is linked to the plucking up of three horns in Daniel 7. Will we examine the facts or choose to cling to unreliable notions that have lingered like the popular ideas of Israel’s leaders in Christ’s Day, who rejected Jesus? Can we expect a different outcome if we have the same mindset as those, who refused to honestly consider evidence that did not fit their beliefs?

The problem is not Bible prophecy. The problem is that man’s prophetic speculations have become more trusted than the prophecies. Instead of teaching Bible Truths, speculation is taught as truth. Because man has taken Bible prophecy out of context, prophetic chains have been forged that are not inspired. Bible study has evolved into a study of man’s speculations and assumptions about what the Bible means instead of letting the Bible explain itself.

We must compare Scripture with Scripture to learn the meaning of Bible prophecy. Supplemental explanations of these prophecies can be a blessing if they are correct, but they are: Useless apart from the Bible. For supplemental teachings to have merit, they must align with Bible prophecy. They must be reviewed and revised frequently or else they will stand fast when prophecy moves. Light from the word of God moves; we must follow it or be found in darkness. Man’s opinions cannot be held so dogmatically that they have supremacy over God’s word.

Though Jesus promises to meet our needs, it is our duty to search for and to accept that which He provides in His word; but instead of searching the Bible for Present Truth, some are dependent on a pastor. They expect him to do their Bible study for them. How can anyone that does not value Christ enough to study His word, be ready to meet Him?

Quote:
The present generation have trusted their bodies with the doctors, and their souls with the ministers. Do they not pay the minister well for studying the Bible for them, that they need not be to the trouble? And is it not his business to tell them what they must believe, and to settle all doubtful questions of theology without special investigation on their part?

That mindset held sway for centuries when Bibles were chained to the pulpits. People depended upon priests to explain God’s word: It got so misconstrued that tradition and rituals usually superseded it. In fact, religious confusion stifled the intellect for 1260 years: Those were the Dark Ages.

Quote:
The astonishing indifference and carelessness which many now feel, is because they are separated in their thoughts from God, and really ignorant of their own peril. If the truth does not have a sanctifying influence upon your life and character, you will be like the foolish virgins, whose lamps were gone out at the very time when the bridegroom came to go in to the marriage. A theory of the truth is not enough. There is a high standard for us to reach. Our conflict is a continual conflict with the powers of darkness, and we must put on the whole armor of God, fight the good fight of faith, and lay hold on eternal life. But how few are willing to urge their way heavenward against every opposing force of evil in the world!

Quote:
Before the coming of Christ, important developments in the religious world, foretold in prophecy, were to take place. The apostle declared: “Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.”

Quote:
Why, then, this widespread ignorance concerning an important part of Holy Writ? Why this general reluctance to investigate its teachings? It is the result of a studied effort of the prince of darkness to conceal from men that which reveals his deceptions. For this reason, Christ the Revelator, foreseeing the warfare that would be waged against the study of the Revelation, pronounced a blessing upon all who should read, hear, and observe the words of the prophecy.

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/19/24 01:25 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!