HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,617
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Kevin H, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,329 guests, and 23 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Who Am I? #18951
11/06/00 03:33 AM
11/06/00 03:33 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I would like to discuss something different. I would like us to discuss ourselves.

It is nice to introduce and maybe even reintroduce ourselves.

I find it easier and more fulfilling to get to know each other a little. That way when someone says something we can better relate to where he or she may be coming from.

So I would like to ask everyone who has a few minutes to sit down and write a little blurb about yourself. You can tell as much or as little as you like. But please tell us something so we can get to know you better.

Some suggestions are:

1- Your name (even though it may already show)
2 - Your age
3 - Your location (that may already show also)
4 - Your birth place
5 - Do you have a family? How do you fit into you family? I.e., wife, husband, child, brother, sister, uncle, so on.
6 - What are your hobbies?
7 - Do you work or go to school? What kind or work or studies?
8 - How did you find Jesus?
9 - Are you a member of the SDA Church?
9 - If yes, how did you find the SDA Church?
10 - If yes, how long have you been a member?
11 - Do you hold Church office?
12 - What kinds of things is the church doing in your area.
13 - Favourite Adventist speaker?
14 - Favourite song or TV show?
15 - What are you thoughts and concerns?
16 - What are you expecting to get from Maritime SDA OnLine?
17 - Have you been on other SDA Discussion Boards or Lists? What were they like?

And much more.

Write in as much or little about yourself as you feel comfortable sharing. But if you have any time at all this week write in and tell us something. It will help us "BOND" as a Christian Family.

Also, please feel free, if possible, to post an URL that will display a picture of yourself.

Thanks!

Daryl

Re: Who Am I? #18952
11/09/00 11:26 AM
11/09/00 11:26 AM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
I'm a 51 (almost) year old ex truck driver.
I came into the Adventist church rather late in my short life.
I have a wife and three daughters, 2 of whom are married, expecting and one has a child already.
I have 3 dogs and 1 cat that think they own the place.
I'm opinionated ( ask my kids), bad tempered ( ), and I didn't take care of myself for the 2o+ years I drove a truck(the legal years that is, but that is another story).
I am oversized, over wrought and under worked.
I enjoy reading, playing on the puter and visiting my grandson.

I got interested in puters thanks to my brother in Washington state.
I like to talk ( because of all the years on the road alone )
I am currently the Personal Ministries Leader in my home church ( Tawas SDA)
I am trying to start up a tape ministry in conjunction with Laurie, plus taping our service for shutins.

Add to that starting a business with Ken P. selling Barley Green and other health related products along with a cat. sales with my wife, and you can see that when they take off, I'll be like a cat trying to dig a hole in a metal roof.

'Nuff for now?

Re: Who Am I? #18953
11/11/00 04:10 AM
11/11/00 04:10 AM
Jason P  Offline
California, USA
Jason Preisner
Single
Live in northern CA, USA

Hobbies: working on my camaro, driving my camaro, working on my camaro some more... hanging out with cool people, playing computer games (Starcraft anyone?) etc etc

Working full time for the Forest Service right now, am planning on college for Jan.

Was raised SDA.

Am even tempered, logical, and humorous. (And a bad speller....)

Re: Who Am I? #18954
11/13/00 06:45 PM
11/13/00 06:45 PM
L
Lorelei Grecian  Offline
Fredericton, NB, Canada
Hi, All!

1- Your name- Lorelei Ann Grecian (nee Levy), although over the years I have had many a nickname- generally one per person that knows me.
2 - Your age 27
3 - Your location (that may already show also)Fredericton, NB
4 - Your birth place Born in Lunenburg, NS. Grew up in New Ross. That makes me a bluenosed stump jumper!!! HAHA!
5 - Do you have a family? How do you fit into you family? I am the wife of the second Grecian family in all of Canada. My husband is Dedreic whom I met in Newfoundland. He was born in Northern California (Novato) and grew-up just outside of St. John's. Praise God for finding a way for us to meet.
6 - What are your hobbies? I am only revisiting that now. I like to read, bake, hike, bike, birdwatching, camp, photography, listen to music, volunteer, fix up old furniture and build new...etc. etc.
7 - Do you work or go to school? What kind or work or studies? I finished my M. Sc. (Aquaculture) in May 1999. Currently doing a field assistant job (sampling on the Bay of Fundy mud flats) and entering puffin sightings in Gulf of Maine for the past 20 years. I would love to work in the mission field helping to grow food for families in need.
8 - How did you find Jesus? My husband, Dedreic, lead me to Him.
9 - Are you a member of the SDA Church? Yes, since 1997.
9 - If yes, how did you find the SDA Church? Again, my husband.
10 - If yes, how long have you been a member?
11 - Do you hold Church office? Not currently, I just moved here about six weeks ago. I am helping at the food bank they operate and am a member of their Church Choir.
12 - What kinds of things is the church doing in your area. The church operates the Fredericton Food Bank which provides food to 600 familes a month. Currently they are working on their Christmas Program. Also the church is involved in visitation, computer forum for SDA and non-SDA,... I am sure Daryl could elaborate more on this than myself.
13 - Favourite Adventist speaker? Elder Leo Schreven. He is such a great witness of Christ. I look forward to next campmeeting when he will be visiting the Camp Pugwash.
14 - Favourite song or TV show? It is Written
15 - What are you thoughts and concerns? I feel that more young people need to know Christ. I grew up not going to church at all. I am one of the fortunate ones to have survived the biggest part of being a youth and in the end having the desire to know Christ. We need to reach more to youth and let them know they are loved unconditionally.
16 - What are you expecting to get from Maritime SDA OnLine? A chance to learn more about God's Word as well as share an opportunity to fellowship with other SDAs.
17 - Have you been on other SDA Discussion Boards or Lists? What were they like? No, sorry, the big forum that existed only months ago was gone when I had more time to look at it.

I hope this was something like what you wanted.

------------------
Lorelei

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5

[This message has been edited by Lorelei Grecian (edited November 15, 2000).]

Re: Who Am I? #18955
11/14/00 10:28 PM
11/14/00 10:28 PM
Vincent E MacIsaac  Offline
Eastern Canada, currently resi...
Hmmmm

This topic look Strangly Familar to me for some reason! LOL

Your name: Vince MacIsaac

Your age: 30 I can't believe I am thirty already! Where do the years go?
It feels like yesterday I was getting out to school! Now I have grey hair coming in!!! Jesus better come soon.

Your birth place: I was born in Ormocto New Brunswick a Canadian Arm Forces town and I spent the first 14 years living in rural eastern Canada. Until at the age of 14 my parents decide (actually mostly my Dad) it was time for a divorce. I then moved to Ontario with my mom and sister and brother. I lived in Hamilton most of that time up until 1998 when my wife and myself moved to North Carolina USA on a whim. We never planned to stay, and still don't, just have not found the next jumping place yet!

Do you work or go to school? I WISH! Since Coming to the USA I need a Green Card to work or go to full time school. I am still working on that with a lawyer. In the mean time I have been studying computers and trying some freelance writing.

What are your hobbies? WAY TOO MANY! First of all I formed a online ministry (SDA-TODAY) back in 1996.
I am PLEASE SDA-TODAY is working on a Partnership with Daryl here on this Discussion form. I will be opening a section called SDA-TODAY.
Keep praying for SDA-TODAY. The hour is late in earth's history (later then perhaps even I consider) yet there is much preparations and people to be reached. Let God use all of us for His kingdom.

Other hobbies include the lighter side of things Writing, reading, Computer study and repair, strumming a guitar, classic TV (only the good stuff), vegetarian Cooking and much much more!

How did you find Jesus: I found Jesus while I was doing my best to run form him. Highschool and College was a very empty and messed up time in my life.
Despite spending my spare time in Highschool (public school) being a thorn in many Christian students side, Jesus Perused me and like he did Jacob and wrestled with me till dawn. Praise God, no mater how far you find yourself from Him, He will chase after you and wait by your side for the second you are willing to let Him in!

How Did you Find the SDA Church? The SDA church was just the natural progression of meeting Jesus for me. He lead me right to the doorstep Himself and would not let me enter into anything other then the best. I thank God for this Church and it's true Mission, the Three Angles Message!
There is SOOO Much confusion out there. It could of been easy to get lost in it all. If it had not been for God's love and wisdom!

How long have you been a member? Just over 10 years of growth.

Do you hold Church office? Just can't seem to escape it no matter where I go! This year I am on Church Board, I am Sabbath School Superintendent, and help with the Audio Visual committee.

Favourite Adventist speaker? Walter Vith, Stephen Wallace, and a vast amount of others!

What are you thoughts and concerns? I am very Concerned for what I see. I'll just explain it the best I can. The way I see things Jesus is at the edge of the door step of His return. The Church (myself included) is blinded; trapped in a cross fire attack satan has set up. Our greatest enemy is ourselves!! On one side we have strong long standing legalism. It is cold, bitter, and loveless. On the other side we have a weekend watered down theology that comes more from the world then the bible. At times I can not help but see the church and those in the church (including myself) trading one basket of rotten apples for another! We need to find the Straight and Narrow, and to keep out of both ditches of hell; The ditch of legalism and the ditch of lawlessness. We need Jesus to be the centre of all we are, we need to see the law and our doctrines for what they really are; the expressed life of a soul given over to Jesus, surrendered, bought and paid for and redeemed!

------------------
This restless world is just illusion
All at once, there’s a message from above
This senseless world of mass confusion ....

In the name of love
There’s a message from above ... (Sammy Hagar 2000)

------------------

I reformatted it for you and yes it does seem strangely familiar.

[This message has been edited by Daryl Fawcett (edited November 16, 2000).]

Re: Who Am I? #18956
11/17/00 11:06 PM
11/17/00 11:06 PM
A
Andrew Marttinen  Offline
Pastor
Dedicated Member
Carleton Place, Ontario, Canad...
Hi!

I'm Andrew Marttinen. I live in Chatham, Ontario with my wife and 3 children. I am a 3rd generation Seventh-day Adventist from both sides of my family.

My dad and mom came to Toronto from Europe in 1950. I am an "only child," born on October 15, 1963.

Kingsview Village Chrurch was the place I was baptized in 1976. A few years earlier I heard the Gospel Message from an evangelist named Lawton Lowe. That series at Cawthra School in Mississagua and my Adventist upbringing convinced me of the Truth. What impressed me the most about pastors like Lawton Lowe and D. J. Handysides (the preacher at Kingsview when I was young) was that the Gospel seemed to carry them, ie. bouy their spirits. It wasn't a "burden" that would bring them down.

I attended Toronto Junior Academy, Kingsway College, Andrews University and Newbold College (in England).

I entered the pastoral ministry in 1988 (although I was a task-force assistant pastor in 1985-86 in Niagara Falls).

While I was up in Swan River, Manitoba, I began to correspond with Mia, who lived in St. Catharines, Ontario. A couple of months later we met in person. We were never separated since. It took less than 2 weeks to decide that we wanted to spend our entire lives together. We were married on May 30, 1991.

Since then we have moved several times and raised 3 children. Andrew Jr. is 8, Annya is 7 and Sara is almost 5. They go to public school in Chatham. Hopefully our next assignment will be to a place where there is a church school nearby!

My hobbies are rock collecting, bird watching and Bible memorization.

My favourite preacher is...well...I should be a little more modest....

I would have loved to hear Ellen White or George Whitfield preach, though.

I edit some posts, so you'll hear more about me when I think of important things to include later.

Bye for now!

------------------
As the Happy Moments Roll,

Pastor Andrew

Re: Who Am I? #18957
11/20/00 02:34 AM
11/20/00 02:34 AM
C
Catherine  Offline
Charter Member
Veteran Member
Michigan, USA

My name is Cathy Sears. I live in rural Barry County Michigan with my husband, Loren, who is a journeyman electrician, and our twin sons, Aaron and David, who are 16. We also have a married daughter, and a granddaughter who is one year old.

I am 46 years old, a homemaker and homeschool teacher. I particularly enjoy gardening, reading, sewing, singing, playing my piano, organ, or keyboard, solving jigsaw puzzles and math and logic problems, and hiking out in nature. I love to watch the birds at my feeders, and the highlights of my life are my encounters with nature on my daily walks. That should give you some idea as to why I volunteered to moderate the bird watchers and nature lover's forums. I also co-moderate the homeschooling forum, where nothing is going on currently. So all you homeschoolers, go over there and help me out! I don’t enjoy talking to myself, or I wouldn’t be here. Well, that is, at least I prefer to not to talk to myself all of the time, and certainly not in public! (Actually, I don’t ever talk to myself out loud anyway, as I much prefer writing to talking.)

I have been an SDA for 24 years now, but a born-again Christian for only 11. Those first 13 years weren’t so good, and I am very thankful that God didn’t leave me to flounder in legalism, but reached out to reveal Himself to me. He has become my very best, most faithful Friend and constant Companion, and in my interaction with others, here and elsewhere, my highest aim is to encourage and inspire others with a desire to know Him as I have come to know Him, and to walk with Him as I strive to walk with Him.

I also am an administrator of a Seventh-day chat room that was created by my son to replace the Adventists Online chat room, where my Internet friends and I used to meet every Friday night. You can find information about that chat room in the Appropriate Web Sites forum. The fellowship happens every Friday night, and all are welcome to join us – the more the merrier!

Daryl Fawcett was one of our regular chat room friends until he got too busy with this forum to join us every week. That is how I happened to come here, being invited by both Daryl and another chat room friend. This forum is a great place for friendly, respectful discussion of a wide variety of topics, some quite serious, and others just for fun. It is especially a blessing to me, as the circumstances of my life keep me quite isolated.

------------------
The Lord is the strength of my life and my portion forever.

[This message has been edited by Cathy Sears (edited June 04, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Cathy Sears (edited August 24, 2001).]

Re: Who Am I? #18958
11/25/00 02:57 AM
11/25/00 02:57 AM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
My name is Linda Sutton and I'm aging as gracefully as I can. I'm close to the half century mark. I currently reside in Zanesville, Ohio, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, God's Great Universe but my home is in New Jerusalem where I have inherited a place on Abraham's farm. It will be only a short time now until I shall receive my inheritance.

I was born in the little town of Elkins in the heart of West Virginia. No two ways about it, it was a pure hick town. Nothing to do, no place to go. But in retrospect, it was a good place to grow up. There wasn't too much trouble a young person could get in there. I love the mountains because I grew up with them all around me.

My mother was the youngest of seven children. When I was growing up, we had family get togethers. All of my aunts and uncles are dead now, with the exception of one aunt by marriage, but I still have pleasant memories. I am the wife of Edward, mother of Joel and Suzanne (for those who also read other forums, no, my daughter is not the Suzanne Sutton who is a moderator on one of them and posts on others) I am the child of Bonnie, and the sister of Sherry. My father stepped out of the picture when I was very young.

I got a degree in art because I enjoy artistic pursuits–crafts, sewing and designing, needlework of many kinds. I almost always have several projects setting around to be finished. I also enjoy writing, history, research and study. I have a big curiosity and I like to learn new things.

My line of work is that of domestic engineer. But since my children are grown and my youngest will probably leave the nest this summer after graduating college, I might have to start earning my keep.

I like to be active in church. I carry the weight of the adult SS on my shoulders. That means I am superintendent, I am currently teaching a class using the book and study guide Ready or not, Here He Comes by G. Edward Reid, and try to keep it all organized. I also help out with things like the school yard sales which are usually held twice a year. Again my curiosity comes into play. I like to see what's in all those bags and boxes! And this year I'm on the nominating committee.

Favorite Adventist speaker: Doug Batchelor, Samuel Korenteng Pipim, and I like to hear Mark Finley.
Favorite song: Redeemed, the old tune!!! Leaning On the Everlasting Arms, Oh, How I Love Jesus. There are too many to list.
Favorite book of the Bible: the gospel of John, especially chapters 13-17. There are so many promises packed in these chapters, so much hope.

I like Maritime for its open attitude toward discussion, for the friends that I've made here, for the camaraderie, the caring, a place that I call home on the web. I've been, and still am, on other forums. One got to be too rancorous and I don't visit there anymore; one is a little on the rigid side, but has some good discussions; one is finally starting to pick up activity but is less rancorous.

I was born and raised an SDA, have been out of the church, but God brought me back. My story is in the Testimony forum.

------------------

Re: Who Am I? #18959
03/07/01 07:27 PM
03/07/01 07:27 PM
C
Catherine  Offline
Charter Member
Veteran Member
Michigan, USA
I just wanted to bring this topic to the top, so all of then newer members will notice it. We'd like everyone here to tell us about themselves, both the new members, and the older ones who haven't done so yet. Please include a photo of yourself, if you can.

Re: Who Am I? #18960
06/05/01 12:03 AM
06/05/01 12:03 AM
C
Catherine  Offline
Charter Member
Veteran Member
Michigan, USA
Would those who have joined in recent months please tell us a little bit about themselves?

------------------
The Lord is the strength of my life and my portion forever.

Re: Who Am I? #18961
06/05/01 02:10 PM
06/05/01 02:10 PM
A
Angie S  Offline
Charter Member
Benton Harbor, MI USA
My name is Angela Street. I'm 23, gonna be 24 next month. I am the middle of three daughters to Gerald and Kathy Buck. Being the middle child isn't all it's cracked up to be. I am married with two beautiful children, Jesse Patrick (3) and Amber Madison (3 1/2 months). My husband's name is Jason. We've been married for almost 5 years (Aug 31). We reside, for now, in Muskegon, MI. Getting ready to move to Berrien Springs, MI. I am a stay-at-home mom and my husband works in house construction. My birthplace is Saginaw, MI, and I grew up in Tawas City, MI. I've been a member of the SDA church for almost 5 years (Nov 7). I don't currently hold any church offices, because we have just started a new fellowship in the Muskegon area and we aren't a company as yet. We're working on it, tho. I guess that tells what our church is up to in this area, huh? I found the SDA church when my dad started going XX number of years ago. (You're welcome, dad.) I was baptized with my husband at the Wyoming SDA Church in Wyoming, MI. My favorite SDA speaker would have to be Mark Finley. It was thru his series in 96 that my husband and I were baptized. My thoughts and concerns are mostly about my children and my family. I guess I've said quite a bit, so there you go.

God bless!

------------------
Blessed is he... whose hope is in the
Lord his God. Psalms 146:5

Angie

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 07:26 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!