HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,606
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 3,145 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22
Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: kland] #189613
05/29/19 08:39 AM
05/29/19 08:39 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: James Peterson

QUESTION (Verse 13): "How long will the vision be, concerning the daily sacrifices and the transgression of desolation, the giving of both the sanctuary and the host to be trampled underfoot?"

ANSWER (Verse 14): "For two thousand three hundred evening-mornings; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed."

Note well that the question did not pertain to the entire vision but to the latter part of it, as it was asked, "concerning ...." And note too the implicit reference to the evening and morning sacrifices, giving the length of time in terms of the number of those that were going to be opposed: 2,300 of them, or for 1,150 days, a little over three years, a shortened three-and-a-half years.
James, you seem to depend upon the word, "sacrifices". Except the word "sacrifices" isn't in the text.

No, I don't; but rather, the context of question and answer and angelic interpretation that the horn is a man, a king and NOT a series of popes.

READ THE INTERPRETATION GIVEN BY THE ANGEL OF GOD.

///

Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: Nadi] #189618
05/30/19 10:00 AM
05/30/19 10:00 AM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Dan 8:20 "The ram which you saw, having the two horns-they are the kings of Media and Persia.

Kings could be individual men.

Dan 8:21 "And the male goat is the kingdom of Greece. The large horn that is between its eyes is the first king.

First king. Sounds like individual man.

Dan 8:22 "As for the broken horn and the four that stood up in its place, four kingdoms shall arise out of that nation, but not with its power.

Kingdoms? That doesn't sound like individuals.

Could you explore this "horn" idea more?

Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: Mountain Man] #189620
05/30/19 10:21 AM
05/30/19 10:21 AM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
I believe the SDA understanding of the IJ. No doubts. However, I wish Jesus didn't have to resurrect the unsaved at the end of the one thousand years. I wish the security of eternity could be secure without having to resurrect them, judge them, and then punish them in the lake of fire in duration and in intensity according to their sinfulness. I understand it, and I also know it breaks Jesus' heart.
Why do you not wish so?

It will make perfect sense to me when it happens. No doubts about it. But as I think of it now I wonder why just leaving them dead for eternity isn't proof enough and punishment enough. It's hard for me to imagine I will want or need to see them judged, hear them confess, watch them suffer and die to believe God is right and feel secure for eternity. Again, I believe it now because Jesus says so. But I know it's going to break His heart and the thought of it breaks my heart now. I hate the trouble sin and sinners causes - especially for God.

No doubt it will break His heart. And it did on the cross. What do you feel could be some of His purposes for punishing the sinners?

Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: Nadi] #189633
06/01/19 10:39 PM
06/01/19 10:39 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
According to Raymond Cottrell....
Yes Cottrell as well as Des Ford made those assertions on Daniel 8.
To me it simply shows that the study of Biblical bases for the Adventist sanctuary doctrine had been hugely neglected in the years previous. Those assertions woke a lot of Adventists up to study the issues for themselves.
Some agreed with Ford and Cottrell, but others found solid Biblical evidence supporting the doctrine.

From what I have read, I have seen every criticism answered and they have shown those assertions against the doctrine to be without foundation.

Some good questions have been raised --
but before answering I think we need to understand why this doctrine makes perfect sense to some and why it does not to others.
It has to do with one's world view.

Now I think all here believe in a personal God, and believe salvation is only in Jesus Christ. So that narrows the wide range of world views down to biblical based world views.

A popular world view in theology is basically focused on "personal salvation". In that world view, salvation is all about us. Humans are in a mess, Christ came to seek and save the lost, accept Him and be saved.

The world view that Adventist's embraced includes "personal salvation" but sees it in a much bigger light called the cosmic conflict or "great controversy" in which this earth is a "theater of the universe". It's not just about saving us, though that is a very important part of it, but it also includes fully convincing all created beings in the whole universe that God is pure unselfish love, that He is just, His rule is wonderful, His laws are perfect and He can be perfectly trusted. The whole drama here on earth is allowed, for it is necessary to convince all throughout all eternity future that sin is terrible, that God is wonderful, good and gracious, and never again will sin raise its ugly head.

In the end all will joyfully sing "Lord God Almighty; just and true [are] thy ways, thou King of saints.: Rev. 15:3

Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: Nadi] #189634
06/01/19 11:11 PM
06/01/19 11:11 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: MM
I wish Jesus didn't have to resurrect the unsaved at the end of the one thousand years.

It will not be a happy time. In fact I think it will be a very painful time for the saved (not just for those who perish in the lake of fire)

Why are they raised?
Just some suggestions.

First let's look at
1 Cor. 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
(22) For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (23) Each in his own order....

Notice the wording -- "all be made alive".

Christ's death and resurrection brings the gift of life!
His resurrection broke the power of the first death -- ALL will be resurrected, each in their sequential order.

If Christ didn't resurrect the lost, the question of "why" would remain -- some would think, "Surely if they just SAW what Christ was offering them they would accept Christ?

So they are raised and they SEE -- they see not only the glittering city, they see Jesus, they are shown everything Christ did to win them.
They now fully understand what they rejected, but do they repent?

But it appears that none repent. And it is fully seen that God's decision to exclude them was the right decision.
They CHOSE not to be in God's kingdom.

Their resurrection was a gift of life bought for them at Calvary. But it did them no good. Then it is demonstrated clearly that they have rejected Christ and His gift of life.

The words in Hebrews 10:28-29 applies == ... "who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?"

Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: dedication] #189678
06/08/19 06:58 AM
06/08/19 06:58 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: dedication
Originally Posted By: MM
I wish Jesus didn't have to resurrect the unsaved at the end of the one thousand years.

It will not be a happy time. In fact I think it will be a very painful time for the saved (not just for those who perish in the lake of fire)

Why are they raised?
Just some suggestions.

First let's look at
1 Cor. 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
(22) For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (23) Each in his own order....

Notice the wording -- "all be made alive".

Christ's death and resurrection brings the gift of life!
His resurrection broke the power of the first death -- ALL will be resurrected, each in their sequential order.

If Christ didn't resurrect the lost, the question of "why" would remain -- some would think, "Surely if they just SAW what Christ was offering them they would accept Christ?

So they are raised and they SEE -- they see not only the glittering city, they see Jesus, they are shown everything Christ did to win them.
They now fully understand what they rejected, but do they repent?

But it appears that none repent. And it is fully seen that God's decision to exclude them was the right decision.
They CHOSE not to be in God's kingdom.

Their resurrection was a gift of life bought for them at Calvary. But it did them no good. Then it is demonstrated clearly that they have rejected Christ and His gift of life.

The words in Hebrews 10:28-29 applies == ... "who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?"

I get your point with this explanation, and it is hardly a new explanation. I have sometimes explained it to myself in the same manner. But the more I consider it, the more I see it as a flawed justification.

Consider this: Jesus said there will be those who say "Lord, Lord!" who are not in the kingdom. Why? They wanted to be there. They worked to save others. Perhaps they see themselves as willing to do anything for Jesus. But they have been neglectful. And now it is simply too late.

I think there comes a time when it will be simply too late. Every case will be decided. They did have opportunity, but they failed to improve upon it. They were unfaithful servants, not wicked enemies. (Of course, the argument could be made that no one sits on the fence, and those not on the Lord's side are on the side of His enemies--but Jesus doesn't call them enemies, He speaks of them as His unfaithful servants.)

It is my view that the ones raised in the third resurrection know full well that God is giving no second chances at that point. Why, then, should they vainly attempt to repent? His Spirit has left them, and they no longer hear His wooing voice. They no longer have any desire to repent. If the Holy Spirit still strove with them, they very well might. But it is forever too late. The invitation is closed.

That is, at least, my perspective. I do not know what will happen to me if I should be in that group, but I have often imagined to myself that I would not join in Satan's last rebellion. What would be the point of it? We know how that will turn out, don't we? I would just sorrowfully sit down to accept my fate. It's easy to imagine last words spoken between relatives between the bars of the city's gates. It's easy to daydream about "what ifs." But I don't think it's best. We should focus on our present work, our own individual standing before God, and on the salvation of those around us. Let us do all we can on our part now, before the "too late!" cry is heard.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: kland] #189701
06/09/19 11:04 AM
06/09/19 11:04 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
MM: It will make perfect sense to me when it happens. No doubts about it. But as I think of it now I wonder why just leaving them dead for eternity isn't proof enough and punishment enough. It's hard for me to imagine I will want or need to see them judged, hear them confess, watch them suffer and die to believe God is right and feel secure for eternity. Again, I believe it now because Jesus says so. But I know it's going to break His heart and the thought of it breaks my heart now. I hate the trouble sin and sinners causes - especially for God.

K: No doubt it will break His heart. And it did on the cross. What do you feel could be some of His purposes for punishing the sinners?

The plan of salvation shields us from fully suffering the consequences of sinning the instant we sin. The consequences of sinning was - The day you sin is the day you die eternally. But Jesus stepped in and suffered A&E sin debt of death and afforded them a second chance at eternal life. That's why they didn't die the day they sinned.

Had A&E died the day they sinned the consequences would have been a short and painful death. However, now that we live a long life of sin - our accumulated debt is much greater (all of which is quarantined within the body of Jesus until its future fate is determined: 1) perishes with Satan in the lake of fire, or 2) perishes with sinners in the lake of fire).

Because we live a long life of sinning, we accumulate a greater sin debt which means we will suffer greater intensity of pain and longer duration the day we are judged and found wanting and deserving of punishment and eternal death. There is nothing arbitrary about it. The intensity and duration is tied to our sin debt of death. Jesus will remove the protection salvation affords us now and allow us to experience the accumulated force of our sins.

Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: Green Cochoa] #189728
06/11/19 03:34 PM
06/11/19 03:34 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
That is, at least, my perspective. I do not know what will happen to me if I should be in that group, but I have often imagined to myself that I would not join in Satan's last rebellion. What would be the point of it? We know how that will turn out, don't we? I would just sorrowfully sit down to accept my fate.

Satan knows what will happen to him. What would be the point of satan leading the rebellion?

Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: Mountain Man] #189729
06/11/19 03:36 PM
06/11/19 03:36 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
MM: It will make perfect sense to me when it happens. No doubts about it. But as I think of it now I wonder why just leaving them dead for eternity isn't proof enough and punishment enough. It's hard for me to imagine I will want or need to see them judged, hear them confess, watch them suffer and die to believe God is right and feel secure for eternity. Again, I believe it now because Jesus says so. But I know it's going to break His heart and the thought of it breaks my heart now. I hate the trouble sin and sinners causes - especially for God.

K: No doubt it will break His heart. And it did on the cross. What do you feel could be some of His purposes for punishing the sinners?

The plan of salvation shields us from fully suffering the consequences of sinning the instant we sin. The consequences of sinning was - The day you sin is the day you die eternally. But Jesus stepped in and suffered A&E sin debt of death and afforded them a second chance at eternal life. That's why they didn't die the day they sinned.

Had A&E died the day they sinned the consequences would have been a short and painful death. However, now that we live a long life of sin - our accumulated debt is much greater (all of which is quarantined within the body of Jesus until its future fate is determined: 1) perishes with Satan in the lake of fire, or 2) perishes with sinners in the lake of fire).

Because we live a long life of sinning, we accumulate a greater sin debt which means we will suffer greater intensity of pain and longer duration the day we are judged and found wanting and deserving of punishment and eternal death. There is nothing arbitrary about it. The intensity and duration is tied to our sin debt of death. Jesus will remove the protection salvation affords us now and allow us to experience the accumulated force of our sins.

But what would be the purpose?

Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: kland] #189738
06/11/19 07:41 PM
06/11/19 07:41 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
But what would be the purpose?

I'm not entirely sure. Resurrecting them and judging them and then hearing them say they deserve to die eternally is essential to the eternal security of the everyone in the Universe. Allowing them to suffer in duration and in intensity proportionate to their sinfulness enables us to understand more clearly the cost of rebellion and the cost Jesus paid on the Cross to redeem us. It doesn't entirely make sense to me now but I believe it will when Jesus explains it in detail.

Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:16 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!