HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,944 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
communion & your children #19423
04/15/01 12:51 AM
04/15/01 12:51 AM
L
lisa  Offline OP
gwinn mich U.S.A.
You know it is funny what people in church will make their buisness and raise more then an eyebrow at. I allowed my 8 year old girl to take part of the communion with the cracker and juice. Her heart is more than Christ centered, even more so then some adults, I was so proud of her explaining to her little friend sitting next to her what each item ment and we did this to show jesus we loved him and remembered what he did for us. But it caused a great stir in the church, some even said people HAD to be babtized first before taking part. We sda's have on OPEN communion, anyone can take part, I do feel that you need to have your heart centered in the right place, that it isn't just something to do out of tradation. What do you all feel, and how would you approach these brow raisers when they approach you?

Re: communion & your children #19424
04/15/01 10:14 AM
04/15/01 10:14 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Hi Lisa,

If there is any info you could use, to help honestly seeking SDA's feel free to reprinte it. It is in Private Specialty Forums, under Family Concerns, in the thread kids and communion.

Jesus

never
told the disciples, "suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not, woops wait a minute they ain't baptized."

The Bible defines eating and drinking communion unworthily. This child seems to have the needed preparations and displayed them to her little friend and confessed Jesus as her Saviour at the same time, within the limits of her understanding in a childs language. but hit the heart of it more squarely than a lot of the grownups. They seem to have problems understanding and acting upon the written intensions of the gospel.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: communion & your children #19425
04/15/01 07:45 PM
04/15/01 07:45 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
If they confess with the mouth, and believe in their heart that Jesus is the Son of God, what more does the heart of Jesus require?

He said to suffer (LET)the little children come unto Me.
[ Mark 10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.]

He rebuked the desciples because they were trying to keep the children away from Him.

Jesus was/is a child magnet.
They were/are drawn to Him like a bee to a flower.

Your child is so enamored of Him, she listened to all you told you about Him.

Don't worry, she's in good company, she belongs to that special group that Jesus specificaly called to Him.
Children, the only ones that really know how to love without being taught.

I say God bless your child, not only does she know Jesus, she isn't hesitant to share Him with others.

More than can be said for some adults.

Re: communion & your children #19426
04/16/01 04:25 PM
04/16/01 04:25 PM
W
Wedntgp  Offline
?
As I am sure you know, the communion service came from the Last Supper, which was a celebration of Passover. Passover, you remember, was the celebration of the deliverance from Egypt, and the "saving" of the firstborn in those homes that ate the passover lamb and put the blood on the doorposts. In Jewish society, children are and were a very important part of those feasts. And I suspect that the children of the homes at the time of the deliverance from Egypt were very interested in the ceremony, especially the first born.

If children were involved in the origin of the service, what right do we have to exclude them now?

I have heard that children should not be included because there were no children at the Last Supper. There also were no women, should they be excluded also.

We had communion this past Sabbath. The children's story was the story of the Last Supper and what communion is all about. Children should be informed, and not partake just because it is happening. But once they know the story, why not let them show their love for Jesus?

Re: communion & your children #19427
04/17/01 02:52 AM
04/17/01 02:52 AM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
quote:
Originally posted by Wedntgp:
As I am sure you know, the communion service came from the Last Supper, which was a celebration of Passover. Passover, you remember, was the celebration of the deliverance from Egypt, and the "saving" of the firstborn in those homes that ate the passover lamb and put the blood on the doorposts. In Jewish society, children are and were a very important part of those feasts. And I suspect that the children of the homes at the time of the deliverance from Egypt were very interested in the ceremony, especially the first born.
Good point, in fact this last Sabbath, my sermon was based on the Passover, I called it 'Christ, our true passover'.

If children were involved in the origin of the service, what right do we have to exclude them now?
I agree whole heartedly.

I have heard that children should not be included because there were no children at the Last Supper. There also were no women, should they be excluded also. (g)

We had communion this past Sabbath. The children's story was the story of the Last Supper and what communion is all about. Children should be informed, and not partake just because it is happening. But once they know the story, why not let them show their love for Jesus?

Why would we stop them from showing their love for Jesus?

[This message has been edited by Gerry Buck (edited April 16, 2001).]

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!