HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,131 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
God Works In Our LIves #195075
10/17/22 10:52 AM
10/17/22 10:52 AM
G
Gregory  Offline OP
SDA
Chaplain

Active Member 2022
Most Dedicated Member
USA
Pavel Goia has recently written a small eleven chapter book that I consider to a thought-provoking discussion of God's activity in our lives today. It is full of sermon illustrations that could start off a good many sermons. The ABC has it on sale for$17. Amazon is selling it for$145. [No, that is not a typo.]
Paul Goia & Kelly Mowrer, In the Spirit & Power: God's Presence & Answers to Prayer In Pavel Goia's Journey, Safeliz, 2022,160 pages.

Gregory
May God's will be done.
Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196060
07/20/23 11:32 AM
07/20/23 11:32 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Originally Posted by Gregory
Pavel Goia has recently written a small eleven chapter book that I consider to a thought-provoking discussion of God's activity in our lives today. It is full of sermon illustrations that could start off a good many sermons. The ABC has it on sale for$17. Amazon is selling it for$145. [No, that is not a typo.]
Paul Goia & Kelly Mowrer, In the Spirit & Power: God's Presence & Answers to Prayer In Pavel Goia's Journey, Safeliz, 2022,160 pages.

I don't get it. We need to read a book to understand that God works in our lives? The first miracle that I know of in my life happened in the 1st or 2nd grade. I was running home after school and ran directly out in front of a car. It was a 45mpn speed zone and I ran right out in front of a cherry red ford Galaxy two door hard top. I heard a screeching of tires coming from my left and looked. The driver was gripping the steering wheel with both hands and his eyes looked as big as saucers. I turned to run back the way I had come and the next thing I knew I was standing on the sidewalk where I had come from. That car skidded half way across the intersection so it would have seriously injured me if not most likely killed me.

My guardian angel spoke to me twice to save me from getting into serious accidents, but unfortunately I didn't listen either time. Another time I was driving drunk and speeding at around 3 in the morning after a full day of drinking and getting high. I went around a 90 degree corner which I thought I could make it around, but there was a plugged irrigation culvert there and when I hit that water running across the road the car hydroplaned and turned sideways. I down shifted and hit the throttle, but the car had a shift linkage problem and you couldn't go directly from 4th to 3rd gear. You had to go to neutral, move the shifter to the side and then move it to back to where it would shift back into third. We never left the road. If we had we would have hit that ditch and rolled. All I can say is my guardian angel held that car on the road. I have had multiple other miracles happen in my life too. I'm not bragging about these things because I got into all of these situations from my own stupidity. I'm talking about the unbelievable love God has for all of us.

But each of us should have stories that demonstrate how God has worked miracles in our lives for there is no greater miracle than that we were turned away from rebellion against God to becoming His servants. No miracle is greater than that kind of miracle.

Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196061
07/20/23 12:58 PM
07/20/23 12:58 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
So what finally woke you up to accepting the One who literally saved you?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Daryl] #196063
07/20/23 01:48 PM
07/20/23 01:48 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Originally Posted by Daryl
So what finally woke you up to accepting the One who literally saved you?

The only person who could, God. It seems we humans often think it is our job to do the work of the HS as He is the one who convicts of sin and shows us the solution to our self destructiveness as sin is self destructiveness. The very most any of us can do is present the truths of God's word to people. The rest of it is up to God. It's a bitter pill to swallow as I well know, but it's the truth.

Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196066
07/20/23 04:16 PM
07/20/23 04:16 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
I have another story of a miracle in my life.

I was emotionally, sexually, and physically abused as a kid and emotionally abused until I was in my mid to late twenties. This story is how God saved the life my dog, He knew I needed him as I had no friends as one of the consequences of abuse is that you get close to no one because you're positive no one will like you if they actually get to know you. Sin is just sooo damaging.

Well someone had been pounding on the side of my house so I borrowed a Ruger Blackhawk .44 caliber magnum so if/when they came back to harass me I could go out and put a bullet through the block of their car. I lived out in the country so could do that without hurting anyone else. The next day I went down after work to play softball with a bunch of people on the Milton Freewater, Or. church property. After we had played a while we took a break and were playing fetch with my dog Toby as he was a fetching fool He just loved it. Well after a while a guy came up and asked if he could hit the ball as he could hit it further than he could throw it. I said yes without thinking and when he tossed the ball unto the air Toby jumped to catch it and he hit Toby in the head with a full swing of an aluminum bat. Toby went out like a light and stayed out for quite a while. I got to thinking during that time and figured I wouldn't let Toby wake up as I didn't think he could ever be the same after that kind of blow to the head. I had that pistol in my pickup so I went and got it. It was single action which means it must be cocked before it can be fired. I tried to cock that pistol many times and couldn't. It just couldn't be cocked. I have called Toby my miracle dog ever afterwards as God knew I needed him for emotional support as he and I were best buddies. We went everywhere together for years after that.

God is just so good to us it boggles my mind. How He can love people like you and I is beyond me.

Last edited by Garywk; 07/20/23 04:19 PM.
Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196083
07/22/23 02:55 PM
07/22/23 02:55 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
I just must tell more of the stories of how God has worked miracles in my life. Not because I am worthy of them but to praise Him.

Four of five years ago I was sitting and thinking about why my old man hated me so much and it was really hurting me. I started praying about it and the HS revealed the reasons to me. When he was pretty small his dad died in a boating accident. He and a friend were fishing and drinking, or probably should say drinking and fishing, on Lake Superior. They got so drunk they failed to see a thunder storm coming until it hit them. On Superior waves can hit 20 feet high in a very short time during a storm. Much too short a time to row back to shore in a row boat. My old man was born in 1921 so that tells us what kind of technology was available back then.

His dad was thrown out of the boat somehow and his friend barely made it out alive. My dad was convinced it was murder. I asked him one time why he thought it was murder and his answer was two men go out fishing and only one comes back it can't be anything but murder. This from someone who grew up very close to Lake Superior.

To make matters worse his friend married his mother later and his hobby when coming home drunk at night was to beat up his wife. When my dad was high school age he'd had all of that he could stand so one night when Grandpa came home drunk one night he met him on the stairs with his hunting rifle and told him that beating his mother up was going to stop,. Grandpa started to come up the stairs towards him and he jacked a shell into the rifle. He said Grandpa looked at him for a little while and turned around and went back down the stairs. Grandpa never beat up his mother again.

I come along and no one tells me the story until I am in my teens and Grandpa and I became buddies because he really nice to me.

I have to interrupt the narrative for a bit to explain something about the old man. He was a very talented musician as he could play the accordian and by ear. I have flashes of memory of him playing the accordian when I was really young. He was up front on a home made dais playing his accordian for a song service. By the time I was in the first grade he no longer had it and I suspect this was one of the reasons he walked away from his relationship with God as he needed that musical release to be whole.

Now back to the narrative. By the time I was in the first grade he was always mad at me for something. He whipped me several times on night because I told him I didn't want to play Parchesi with a spinner, He had been reading the SOP and read where Ellen White said it was sinful to play dice. He had only gotten an 8th grade education and had only spoken Finnish until he started school. This caused him to misunderstand some things he read. He had light blue eyes and when he got mad they turned white. After he had whipped me several times with his favorite instrument of punishment, a thin belt made of some metallic substance that was very flexible and pretty heavy he asked me one last time if I was going to play and when I said no he shoved me out the door of the trailer we lived i and told me I was going to spend the night outside. I stood outside sobbing in my rage and began screaming at him I hate you. I hate you. That trailer door had a window of wrinkled glass that allowed light to pass through it but you couldn't distinguish anyone standing between it and a light source so I could see him standing there listening. He opens the door a couple of minutes after he shoved me out the door and said, what did you say? I realized right then if I continued I was going to get beaten half to death and mumbled, nothing. He laughed and shut the door. It was that night that I realized that the old man hated me.

Now back to my prayer for help in understanding why he had hated me. It hit me like a ton of bricks and it made sense out of my entire life as the old man had been really cruel to me until I was in my later 20's. Even after I had been rebaptised and God had given my victory over my drug addiction he was both physically and emotionally abusive to me. One of his favorite pastimes was to run me down in front of my friends and girlfriends.

I sat there that day and it was mike my life was laid out l9iike jigsaw puzzle on a portable card and it had been shaken and my life just came together like puzzle in a matter of seconds and I was able to form close friendships for the first time in my life.

God is just so good His love is way beyond our understanding. I owe Him everything I am.

Last edited by Garywk; 07/22/23 03:02 PM.
Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196174
08/06/23 12:34 PM
08/06/23 12:34 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
I have to say I don't understand the lack of interest in this thread, If we love Jesus He will be working in our lives on a daily basis and we will be excited to talk about what he is doing for us and in us. If nothing is happening in our lives daily if should worry us because it shows the devil has been able to distract us in some manner away from working on our relationship with Him.

I have not said much here as I'm afraid it will be seen as boasting but I will say this. God has been working miracles in my life for a little more than a year now. Some have been physical miracles, but the most important ones are how He has been changing my heart. He has brought me so much closer to Him over that time that there is no comparison to my previous spiritual condition.

Time is running short to get right with God and we need to be daily drawing nearer to Him or we will never make it to heaven. I'm worried about you, my brothers and sisters in Jesus.

Last edited by Garywk; 08/06/23 12:35 PM.
Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196188
08/09/23 11:49 AM
08/09/23 11:49 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
I have a quote here on witnessing because the love of God is in our hearts.

No sooner does one come to Christ, than there is born in his heart a desire to make known to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus; the saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart. If we are clothed with the righteousness of Christ, and are filled with the joy of His indwelling Spirit, we shall not be able to hold our peace. If we have tasted and seen that the Lord is good, we shall have something to tell....

And the effort to bless others will react in blessings upon ourselves. This was the purpose of God in giving us a part to act in the plan of redemption....

If you will go to work as Christ designs that His disciples shall, and win souls for Him, you will feel the need of a deeper experience and a greater knowledge in divine things, and will hunger and thirst after righteousness. You will plead with God, and your faith will be strengthened, and your soul will drink deeper drafts at the well of salvation. Encountering opposition and trials will drive you to the Bible and prayer. You will grow in grace and the knowledge of Christ, and will develop a rich experience.
This is found in God's Amazing Grace the reading for October 24

Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196208
08/12/23 07:32 AM
08/12/23 07:32 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I find your stories encouraging, therefore, please continue sharing them.

I also found that quote to be so true and revealing that the church is in need of revival, and that revival needs to begin with me and so many others.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196210
08/12/23 02:50 PM
08/12/23 02:50 PM
D
daylily  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

USA
Gary, I agree with Daryl. I have several cousins that grew up much like you describe. Some of them follow the Lord and some do not. I pray for them all the time. Thanks you for sharing your stories. I have stories of how God has worked in my and my families life that I will share when I have more time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!