HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,942 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196211
08/12/23 05:47 PM
08/12/23 05:47 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
OK. I;ll tell some recent stories of what God is doing in my life.

The laptop from which I am posting is a miracle laptop. I'm getting blind in my old age as well as in the early stages of alzheimers and when we bought the laptop I messed up on the phone number that Windows requires for registration. So I had to disconnect the battery. In attempting to do that I inadvertently shorted out the motherboard. That completely killed the entire laptop. Both my wife and I prayed about it and God repaired it.

That's just one of many miracles that God has been working in my life in the last year or so. We are getting very close to the end of time and need to be seriously working on our relationships with God. That's the biggest miracle God has worked in my life lately. He's woken me up to my spiritual condition and gotten me to study and pray as I never have in my life.

Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196225
08/14/23 11:58 AM
08/14/23 11:58 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Here is another couple of miracles. They just happened last night. They aren't important other than to build the faith of my wife and I.

Two or three days ago our doorbell rang at around 4:30 am. I didn't get up to answer it as I couldn't figure out who would be ringing our doorbell at that time of day. Just before my wife left for work I had taken our little dog out to he could take a leak. When I did I found 3 young kittens. Within a couple of hours two more kittens had shown up and by evening a sixth and a momma cat had too. Things went well that first night but have gone down hill since then as neighbor cats have come by wanting to kill the kittens. Last night we were awoken early in the morning by a very short cat fight. The momma cat has been ambushing the cats trying to kill her babies and trying to teach them to leave her babies alone.

Well, that freaked my wife out as the night before one of the kittens had run so far in her fear that we couldn't find her. We found her through a Facebook post that someone had posted that one of m wife's granddaughters had sent my wife.So after getting awoken two nights in a row my wife brought them inside. We have a very jealous little dog and he made no fuss whatsoever about sharing our apartment with seven cats. He's always caused a big ruckus before if a cat even looked in our screen door.

The next miracle was just as important to us. Before I went back to bed I asked the Lord to keep all those kittens from making a mess or peeing inside. Not a single one caused a problem.

Like I said, they were small miracles but important to us. It goes to show God is interested in even the smallest of details in our lives. His love is beyond our comprehension.

Last edited by Garywk; 08/14/23 12:02 PM.
Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196227
08/14/23 07:11 PM
08/14/23 07:11 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
I posted this on Cheistian forums this morning and thought I'd copy and paste it here too.

I grew up being hated by my parent and my brothers from the time I entered grade school. I was physically. emotionally and sexually abused by family members. My older brother tried to kill me when I was in the eighth grade.

By the time I graduated from high school I had no self respect or even liking for myself and I wanted out of life completely. I took the cowards way out by using drugs as I knew they could destroy my mind and I wouldn't have to feel all that pain anymore.

Within seven years I was really burnt out. I couldn't even hold down a job pushing a broom. I began walking around early in the mornings looking up at the sky and asking if the God of Abraham. Isaac and Jacob was real. (I'd been raised in a religious home but unfortunately not a Christian home.) The winter after I started doing that I tore my ankle up really badly playing basketball and had no option but to go live with my parents. They were living in the very northwest corner of Montana 30 miles or so from the closest town. As I could barely walk I had lots of time to read. I'd soon read every secular book they owned and had to start reading their religious books.

I had always loved history si I started out reading a 5 book series on the history of the Bible and the history if sin. I got to the middle book in the series call The Desire of Ages on the life of Christ. By the time I had finished that book I had discovered that God loves me. That really shook me up as no one had ever told me they loved me before. Me, the one everyone loved to bully and make fun of. I just almost couldn't believe it but I did as the HS was working hard on me. I got rebaptised and recommitted my life to God. Not long after that I was lying on my bed looking outside at the clouds floating by under the light of a full moon. All of a sudden I was no longer in bed but was standing at one end of a long table. There were people standing facing away from me with long hooded black robes down both sides of the table. At the other end of the table was another guy facing away from me and looking into a massive river rock fireplace. He turned around, looked me in the eye, and crooked his index finger and told me, your mine, your mine. I levitated and began floating across the table towards him. I got right up to him and then realized who he was. I yelled out, no. and was immediately back in bed. I rolled over and began praying asking for God to protect me. I was completely covered with goose bumps and scared out of my gourd. I felt warm and cold wing tips on me as there were two angels fighting on top of me. They rolled over and over on top of me in their struggle. I don't know how long that lasted but finally it was over and I drifted off to sleep.

In the preceding years I had audibly told the devil I was his if he would work out an issue I had at the time/ He was coming to claim his own that night only God protected me as soon as I asked for help.

The point of this story is that I have a love for God that those who have never experienced what I have can understand. I owe Him everything I am and have. Thus I keep the Sabbath as no one else I know, It bothers my conscience to tell a secular joke on Sabbath and I know lots of Sabbath keepers whom it doesn't bother in the slightest.

That is only one of the miracles God has worked in my life. My guardian angel has spoken to me twice and has saved my life when I ran out in front of a car doing 35-40 mph. My life and all I have is His in a way you just cannot understand unless God has done the same for you. I don't even know how many miracles God has worked in my life. I'm sure if I tried to remember how many I'd leave some out. My life as always seemed to be struggle between good and evil since I was a little kid.

I didn't tell you all this to brag but to glorify God. His love for all of us is beyond our comprehension. I know it's beyond mine.

Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196259
08/17/23 10:02 PM
08/17/23 10:02 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Here is another miracle in my life. This happened the same winter as I got rebaptized. I was dating a gal that lived up in that tiny community and one Friday night we went with my old man and her dad to an evangelistic series in the closest town. On the way back home my girlfriend, Sue. and I were sitting in the back seat talking about spiritual things. My old man and her dad were talking about every day things. She said she wanted in in her life what I had in mine and asked me how to get it as she wanted what I had.

I told her it was really simple. Just close your eyes and ask Jesus into your heart. A few seconds later I could feel the presence of the HS fill the car. She opened her eyes and I said, congratulations. She looked at me with a startled look on her face and asked me how I knew knew had asked Jesus into her heart. I said, I could feel Him enter the car.

I had this same experience a little more than a year ago before my mother-in-law died from the complications of alzheimers. My wife and I had taken a Sabbath afternoon drive and stopped by her place on the way back home. It was sundown and she wanted to have sundown worship; So my brother-in-law read some scripture. we sang a few songs and had prayer. While we were singing I felt the HS again really strongly.

My wife had been abused by her parents too and this happened the summer before her mother died. So I've been able to give her some comfort that her mom had repented of her cruelty and been forgiven. And I was given the opportunity to help ease her grief.

God is soooo good. It will take an eternity to find out just how good and loving He is.His love is beyond our wildest imaginations as all we have ever known is sin.

Last edited by Garywk; 08/17/23 10:08 PM.
Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196262
08/18/23 09:44 AM
08/18/23 09:44 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Repeat post

Last edited by Garywk; 08/18/23 09:52 AM.
Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196263
08/18/23 11:21 AM
08/18/23 11:21 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
I have another story of a miracle God worked in my life.

This one happened during the days of my active drug addiction and alcohol abuse. We had been drinking and smoking dope since about 10 or 11 in the morning as it was on a Sabbath or Sunday. At about 2 in the morning we picked up a couple of women and decided to go out in the country and smoke dope with them. My friend had a nice 1972 Torino GT with a 351 in it and he was trusting enough of me to let me drive his car when we were both loaded to the gills.

We headed out of town on a winding two lane road that followed a creek just wide enough for two cars to meet without one of them having to get onto the shoulder of the road. Two or three miles out out of town it came to a point where two old country roads had met. It was a 90 degree corner and I figured I would swing wide, hit the outside, inside and outside of the corner again. I was doing about 50 and when I got about halfway through the corner the car just let loose and lost all traction.

It was a four speed transmission and had a problem with the linkage so you couldn't downshift directly from fourth to third. Well I attempted to shift to third and couldn't . You had to stop the shift and move the shifter over to where you could hit 1st or 2nd and then go to third. I did and hit the gas making the tires spin in the gravel on the small shoulder of the road. That was all the farther we left the road. I stopped about a quarter mile down the road and I couldn't figure out what had happened.

Wonder of wonders by buddy wanted to drive. He said he never thought I would wreck his car. We turned around at the next intersection and went back. There was a plugged irrigation culvert under the driveway to the house right there and there was anywhere from a quarter to a half inch of water running across the road. It's no wonder the car had hydroplaned. My guardian angel had to have held the car on the road. If we had left the road we would have hit that ditch and rolled in those people's front yard and through a barb wire fence about four feet from the house..

God is really, really good. If we had rolled I would have most likely been facing manslaughter or murder charges for killing someone while driving recklessly. He takes care of His own even when they are living in rebellion against Him. To me His love is unfathomable.

Last edited by Garywk; 08/18/23 11:33 AM.
Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196282
08/20/23 12:01 PM
08/20/23 12:01 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
I have another story of a miracle from yesterday. My stepdaughter has been married to a very abusive guy since she was 17, She's now in her late 40's. He has absolutely destroyed life and done massive amounts of damage to her emotionally; He has also destroyed the lives of their six kids. He has caused my stepdaughter, Missy, to hate both me and her mother and done the same with his daughters. The level of antipathy they hold towards her and me is amazing.

Yesterday was the day they buried the ashes of my mother=in-law. I'd been praying for all of them for months and God impressed me that this was the day to start to break down the barriers. He did it too. A granddaughter who has hated me for years because of her father's abuse became friendly to me again. The same with my stepdaughter. God gave me the right words ro say at the right time and He reached her heart.

My wife was really mad that I wanted to go eat dinner with them as she thought my presence would infuriate them but I insisted and we finally went. She was yelling at me all the way to the airbnb house and I just kept telling her God was going to work miracles. I finally got her to agree that God is capable working huge miracles and then she calmed down a little. She didn't think they would even let us into the house, but we got there and just walked right in. It was tense but things became less so little by little and within two hours I had my stepdaughter smiling and chuckling about me gently teasing her about all her grand babies and kids.

God is really good. He loves us with an everlasting love and draws us with everlasting kindness.

Last edited by Garywk; 08/20/23 12:09 PM.
Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196303
08/22/23 03:23 PM
08/22/23 03:23 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Is no one else going to post in this thread? I'm beginning to feel like the Lone Ranger. and it's not a comfortable feeling. We all have miracles to speak about or we wouldn't be here on this forum and we wouldn't be Christians as the greatest miracle God can perform is turn a sinner into a saint. By that I mean the greatest miracle of all, the turning of the human heart from rebellion against God into the friend of God.

Last edited by Garywk; 08/22/23 04:05 PM.
Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196304
08/22/23 04:03 PM
08/22/23 04:03 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
OK. I have another miracle of answered prayer from yesterday.

I woke up yesterday morning around 3:30 coughing. The smoke was so thick from our local forest fires that my sinus were plugged and my throat was burning from the smoke. I asked God to please make my throat stop burning and open up my sinuses. Then I realized that was a really selfish prayer as there are a lot of other people in this area with breathing problems. I have a brother-in-law who has lung cancer from getting vaccinated. The doctors have told him the tops of his lungs look like popcorn. He lives about 40 miles from us so I asked God to lift the smoke there too and said it would be a really good thing if we would get some rain. Within a few minutes I could smell fresh air and the smoke lifted all day long. We hadn't been able to see the sky for days. By mid afternoon I could see the sky. The greatest thing about about all this is we didn't even have a breeze. The air was still.

When my wife got home from work I asked her if she had talked to her brother and she said yes. I then asked her how he was doing with his breathing. She said he was doing good. Then I asked her about the wind down there and she said there wasn't any.

Oh, one more thing. I asked God for s good soaking rain to put out our local fires and it;s been raining since around 4 this morning. A good soaking rain. Not hard but steady.. Just what I asked for.

God is soooo god, His love for us is beyond our wildest imagination. At least it's beyond mine.

Last edited by Garywk; 08/22/23 04:03 PM.
Re: God Works In Our LIves [Re: Gregory] #196365
08/28/23 08:54 PM
08/28/23 08:54 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Here are another couple of miracles.

A couple of weeks ago the forest fire smoke around here was really thick. I woke up before daylight coughing, with my sinuses plugged and my throat burning. I was lying there miserable and got to thinking about what Ellen White says about God is pleased when His people make large demands upon Him. At first I had asked Him to make the smoke stop bothering me. I got to thinking about that and started thing about all the other people in the area and though that was a really selfish prayer, So I asked God to lif the smoke so other people could breathe too. Then I asked for rain to damp down the local fires so the smoke would stay down for a while.

Within 15 minutes or so I could smell fresh air as if it was raining. There was no breeze to speak of and it rained for hours. A steady soaking rain.

Then this weekend the smoke was back and I woke up with the same symptoms. I prayed the same prayed and God answered it the same way although I didn't ask for rain and it didn't rain..

God is really good to us, to all of us, His friends as well as His enemies.

Last edited by Garywk; 08/28/23 08:56 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!