HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,116 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: 2nd Quarter 2023 Three Cosmic Messages [Re: dedication] #195928
06/18/23 02:13 PM
06/18/23 02:13 PM
dedication  Online Content OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Comments on Lesson 13
ABLAZE WITH GOD'S GLORY

MEMORY VERSE

Revelation 18:1 After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory.

The above verse sounds victorious and wonderful, but the context that follows doesn't sound good at all, as it defines a world worshipping and involved in a system gone totally wrong.
But the message is a message of hope and urgency to "come out".

But let's consider another verse which may cause us to put a little different light on the verse.

John 12:23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.

What hour is Jesus referring to in this second verse?
John 12:27-28 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.

Jesus was referring to His crucifixion! The glorifying sought is that reached through death. It wasn't for Himself that He prayed for glorification, but that God's name may be glorified among the people.

At this time Christ's mission didn't look victorious either, rather it looked more like cruel defeat. The priests and Pharisees had been given plenty of evidence of Who Christ was, but what was also becoming evident was that they would never receive Him as the Messiah, they were determined to kill Him! To His disciples the case seemed hopeless.
And yet it was the hour He would be glorified! Christ was approaching the consummation of His mission. Christ was to open up the fountain of grace for the whole world!

Does our dying to self, bring glory to God?

Take up thy cross and follow Me. Luke 9:23-24
John 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abides alone: but if it die, it brings forth much fruit.

Yes, those verses mean dying to self and living for Christ.

Yet, there is another thought expressed.

WHEN WILL THE EARTH BE ILLUMINATED WITH HIS GLORY

How will the third angel's message lighten up the earth and bring everyone to decision, causing many to leave Babylon and cast their lot in with God's people who keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus.

At present, when the three angel's messages of the importance of the Sabbath is shared the response too often is "don't be so arrogant", "you think you're better than us?" "the Sabbath is legalism". etc. And true, the message is sometimes given in a manner that gives that impression. Mere religious words in our society don't "lighten the earth".

But when a people would rather suffer the lose of all that makes life livable, and even die (and yes there will be martyrs before probation closes), rather than deny the God who created all things and offers salvation, by trampling on His Sabbath. When this is brought before the world and discussed in the courts of law people are going to ask questions?

Sure, many will think the Saturday keepers are crazy insubordinates and deserve what they get, but others will seriously think -- is the legal mandate to set apart Sunday under the pretext of restoring God's favor, actually submitting to a false god, and to powers that are defying God's commands, and denying Christ as the Creator and Redeemer?
Which day did God actually set apart, and if not Sunday, why is Sunday now being mandated legally?

This message (depicted as an angel) which lightens the whole earth with glory, before Babylon receives her plagues and is destroyed, will be given by people who have so committed themselves to Christ, that their stand to be faithful to the Creator God (by the power of the Holy Spirit that is promised to be poured out upon them) will, by their very willingness to suffer, be that glory that lightens the world.

WHY IS THIS GLORY TO ENLIGHTEN THE WHOLE EARTH

God wants everyone to have a chance to accept salvation, before Babylon's judgment is carried out.

Revelation 18:4 Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. "

Rev. 22:14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Psalms 111: 7 The works of His hands are verity and justice;
All His commandments are sure.
8 They stand fast forever and ever,
And are done in truth and uprightness.
9 He has sent redemption to His people;
He has commanded His covenant forever:
Holy and awesome is His name.

Reply Quote
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Re: 2nd Quarter 2023 Three Cosmic Messages [Re: dedication] #195941
06/22/23 03:54 AM
06/22/23 03:54 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
GOD'S GLORY FILLS THE EARTH

Rev. 14:7 Fear God and give glory to Him!

God?s glory is His character of righteousness, love, mercy, goodness.

The earth will be filled with the glory of God when we are filled with the love of God and our characters are changed by redeeming love.

Exodus 33:19 "?I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.?

Through the transforming work of Christ in our lives, we can reflect His glorious character.
His love in our personal lives reveals His glory, His character, to the world.

There is no glory for ourselves in our good works, or our righteousness, or our goodness. The message of Christ's righteousness is to sound from one end of the earth to the other. And, as noted in the post above, it may be because God's people are willing to pay the ultimate price rather than bring any dishonor to God, that this message will sounded throughout the whole world.

In the following verse Jesus tells Simon Peter that he would glorify God by his death, and to follow the example of Christ. We know from history Peter was also crucified, but requested to be crucified upside down because he didn't think himself worthy to crucified like Christ!

John 21:17-19 Jesus said the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because He had asked the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said to him, Lord, you know all things; you know that I love You!
Jesus said unto him... Verily, verily, I say to you, When you were young, you put on your belt, and walked where ever you wanted: but when you are old, you will stretch forth your hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry you where you would rather not go.
Thus Jesus, signified by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he said to Simon Peter, Follow me.

Yet we are to bring glory to God while living!

1 Cor. 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Peter 2:12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

2 Cor. 4:4-6 The god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Matt. 5:14 Ye are the light of the world.

God desires us to shine as lights in the world. Darkness has covered the earth, and gross darkness the people; and Christ says to His followers, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." We are to give the light of truth to others, ever asking, ever receiving, ever imparting, working in all simplicity through the sanctification of the Spirit.
Christ pointed out the position His people should occupy when He said, "Ye are the light of the world." From the members of the church there is to go forth an influence which shall enlighten others. The Light-giver arranges the lamps so that all in His house (the world) may be enlightened. He has an inexhaustible supply of light, and He places those who truly believe in Him where they will shine brighter and brighter. Constantly our light is to increase in brightness because we are constantly receiving light from the Source of all light. Beholding Christ, we are to become changed into His image, reflecting His light to the world.
Each soul united to Christ becomes a light in God's house. Each is to receive and impart, letting his light shine forth in clear, bright rays. We are held responsible by God if we do not let light shine to those who are in darkness. God has given each member of His church the work of giving light to the world, and those who faithfully act their part in this work will receive an increasing supply of light to impart. By His Spirit the Lord will mold and fashion the human agent, quickening his energies, and giving him light wherewith to enlighten others.
Life always shows itself in action. If the heart is living, it will send the lifeblood to every part of the body. Those whose hearts are filled with spiritual life will not need to be urged to reveal this life. The divine life will flow forth from them in rich currents of grace. As they pray, and as they speak, God is glorified.
Our part is to rest on the word with unwavering faith, believing that God will do according to His promise. Let faith cut its way through the shadows of the enemy. When a questioning doubt arises, go to Christ, and let the soul be encouraged by communion with Him. The redemption He has purchased for us is complete. The offering He made was plenteous and without stint. Heaven has a never-failing supply of help for all who need help.--Bible Echo, June 11, 1900. {Reflecting Christ 197}

Reply Quote
Re: 2nd Quarter 2023 Three Cosmic Messages [Re: dedication] #195944
06/22/23 09:55 PM
06/22/23 09:55 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Knowing Truth

From Monday's lesson:
God?s final appeal to His people is to flee the errors of Babylon and walk in the light of eternal truth found in His Word. The key to everything is the Bible. As long as people stick to the Bible and follow what it teaches, they will not be deceived in the final crisis, particularly regarding the Sabbath.

The message of the second angel appeals to us to accept truth

Is knowing the truth important? Isn't it enough just to love Jesus and others, why spend time studying the scriptures trying to figure out what is truth? Won't the Holy Spirit simply tell us what is a deception and what is not?

These are comments I've met as these lessons on the three angels have been studied this quarter.

Of course, if one does not see the love of God and redeeming grace of Jesus in these messages they have not arrived at truth. And yes, we need the Holy Spirit to lead is into all truth.

So how important is KNOWING and establishing ourselves in truth concerning these last day warning messages?

Hos. 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God

It appears to me that KNOWING truth is very important.

Reply Quote
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!