HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,409 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Beliefs needed to understand Investigative Judgment [Re: Kevin H] #196260
08/18/23 02:13 AM
08/18/23 02:13 AM
dedication  Online Content OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted by Kevin H
As far as God is concerned, there are always other choices. The problem is that the sinner has closed and locked the door upon themselves and that there is nothing else that God can do to change them and to keep them from choosing eternal death. They would rather not exist than to live in a universe that has the law of self sacrificing love. They have prevented themselves from any second chance. They have destroyed their ability to choose. God can't do anything else for them unless he takes away their freedom and forces salvation upon them, but they would find it torture to live in a universe based on self sacrificing love, ....

Basically I agree with you, though I kind of thought of it from a slightly different angle -- more from vindicating God's justice angle.
One of the reasons for this whole display of Christ enthroned, the panoramic viewing of all Christ did to save each and every person, and their rejection of it, was to show that even when it was all so graphically and wonderfully revealed to them. they will still turn away and reject salvation.

God fully understood the heart. and their omission from the book of life in the investigative judgment was 100% accurate, because they didn't want to be in God's kingdom, it was their choice.

Re: Beliefs needed to understand Investigative Judgment [Re: Kevin H] #196261
08/18/23 02:51 AM
08/18/23 02:51 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
When the prophets saw God they felt like they were being burned alive, but found that they could not only survive the fire but thrived in it and hated to leave it. The lost refuses to have the life giving relationship with God that would lead to surviving and thriving in this fire. They pull back from the only source of life and thus are killed by the glory of God.

Now, are you saying that God's love, beauty, power and glory is too weak to cleanse the earth and that God needs something else that is strong enough to do it?

It's true, when clothed with righteousness God's people will be very comfortable in the flaming glory of God's holiness. Those who cling to sin and refuse Christ's cleansing power can not survive in that flaming glory of God's holiness.

Also, God can do anything with just a Word. He doesn't need the fire, He can command the earth to be cleansed and it would be so.

However, God tends to use natural things, and scripture as well as Spirit of Prophecy depict a literal fire that fills the whole earth and burns everything up. Like the flood of Noah's time when it was a real flood of real water. (see 2 Peter 3) so in the end it will be a real fire.

It may even be using the weaponry the lost have created in preparation to take the city (after all, every modern weapon would be known to some in that vast crowd) When the lost turn their weapons on Satan who knows what they use? They could ignite a lot of fire!

"As it was in the days of Noah so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. Water will never destroy the earth again, but the weapons of God are concealed in the bowels of the earth which he will draw forth to unite with the fire from heaven to accomplish his purpose in the destruction of all those who would not receive the message of warning and purify their souls in obeying the truth and being obedient to the laws of God. {ST Jan. 3, 1878}

Re: Beliefs needed to understand Investigative Judgment [Re: dedication] #196264
08/18/23 12:17 PM
08/18/23 12:17 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Originally Posted by dedication
When the prophets saw God they felt like they were being burned alive, but found that they could not only survive the fire but thrived in it and hated to leave it. The lost refuses to have the life giving relationship with God that would lead to surviving and thriving in this fire. They pull back from the only source of life and thus are killed by the glory of God.

Now, are you saying that God's love, beauty, power and glory is too weak to cleanse the earth and that God needs something else that is strong enough to do it?

It's true, when clothed with righteousness God's people will be very comfortable in the flaming glory of God's holiness. Those who cling to sin and refuse Christ's cleansing power can not survive in that flaming glory of God's holiness.

Also, God can do anything with just a Word. He doesn't need the fire, He can command the earth to be cleansed and it would be so.

However, God tends to use natural things, and scripture as well as Spirit of Prophecy depict a literal fire that fills the whole earth and burns everything up. Like the flood of Noah's time when it was a real flood of real water. (see 2 Peter 3) so in the end it will be a real fire.

[b[It may even be using the weaponry the lost have created in preparation to take the city (after all, every modern weapon would be known to some in that vast crowd) When the lost turn their weapons on Satan who knows what they use? They could ignite a lot of fire[/b]!

"As it was in the days of Noah so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. Water will never destroy the earth again, but the weapons of God are concealed in the bowels of the earth which he will draw forth to unite with the fire from heaven to accomplish his purpose in the destruction of all those who would not receive the message of warning and purify their souls in obeying the truth and being obedient to the laws of God. {ST Jan. 3, 1878}

What I bolded in your post just reminded me of a book I bought back in the later 1970s written by a SDA guy by the name of Rene Noorbergen titled Secrets of the Lost Races. I just picked it up yesterday and began reading it again. There is evidence of nuclear warfare in our earths history. They have found glassified stone walls in Scotland and acres of sand turned to glass in the Sinai desert. There is example after example of advanced technology the postdeluvian descendants of Noah were able to reconstruct after the flood. Noah had a light that shown like the sun which he hung from the roof of the ark. If we think about it he had to have had a light source bright enough to light the entire interior of the ark for any openings lift open would have let water into the ark during that terrific storm.

There are also examples of technology that have been covered up as they are considered to controversial to tell the public about.

I think it it is still possible to find copies of his book on lime used book stores such as thriftbooks,com. I've bought books from there for years and found them reliable,

I just looked and there is at least one copy of the book available,

Re: Beliefs needed to understand Investigative Judgment [Re: dedication] #196297
08/21/23 09:45 PM
08/21/23 09:45 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted by dedication
It's often asserted that Adventists build their belief of the Investigative Judgment on inconsequential information and on one misunderstood text.
But this is a straw man!
In reality, the Investigative Judgment is based on a broad understanding of scripture, and it is in agreement with a proper understanding of the Protestant gospel.

However, there is more than one way to understand the gospel within the broader scope of Protestantism ? There are several basic Biblical doctrines which determine how we understand the gospel which in turn determine our understanding of the Investigative Judgment -- indeed the Pre-Advent judgment is a logical and fully Biblical conclusion when those OTHER biblical doctrines are understood.

What are these beliefs that must first be understood before the Investigative Judgment becomes a logical conclusion, and necessary event in salvation's story?

1. The understanding of the great controversy between Christ and Satan (the dragon).
This includes the whole understanding of creation and the beginning of sin, Satan's enmity against God's commandments, yet accusing people as not savable sinners before God.
Revelation 12, Isaiah 14:12-15, Genesis 1-3, Zechariah 3, Matt, 4:1-11, Luke 10:18; Luke 22:31; Acts 26:18; Rev. 20:2; Ephesians 6:11-12

2. The understanding of freedom of choice. Arminianism not the Calvinism's concept of God's fixed predetermined predestination of who is to be saved and who is to be left unsaved.
We need to understand the Biblical call to all, whosoever will, may come.
Rev. 22:17, Mark 8:34; Joshua 24:15

3. Once saved is not necessarily always saved. The understanding that a person is free to turn away and stop following Christ even if at some point in their lives they accepted Him.
Luke 8:14, Heb.6:4-6; Heb. 10:26; 2 Peter 3:17, Matt. 7:21-22, Ez. 18:24

4. The understanding that the dead are really dead until the resurrection. No immortal soul. All are asleep in their graves having not yet received their "eternal rewards" .
Acts 2:35; 1 Thess 4:16-17; Eccl 9:5, Ps.146:3-4, Ps. 115:17, Rev. 11:18, Rev. 22:12

5. The understanding that God does judge.
Daniel 7:9-10; Heb 10:26-27; 1 Peter 4:17; Romans 14:10; 2 Cor. 5:10; Eccl 3:17; Ez. 18:30-31; Acts 10:42; Romans 2:16; 2 Tim.4:1

Adventist doctrine of the Investigative Judgment is the natural outgrowth of the Arminian concept of people's choice as to whether they accept the offered salvation, as well as the doctrine of Soul Sleep.
Everything else in our study of the investigative judgment is useful in understanding the doctrine and its relevance. Once those doctrines are understood the pre-Adventist Judgment is seen as a logical part of the salvation process, and the doctrine does not rest solely on the usual arguments discussed.

The necessity for a - judgment stands or falls on how salvation itself is understood. The scope of the sin problem as it relates on a cosmic scale, the aspect of our choice to follow Christ faithfully and the Biblical concept of the dead asleep in their graves awaiting a resurrection all fit with an investigative judgment.

Since Adventists have a biblical foundation for these concepts, it is easy to understand the essential nature of the Investigative or Pre-Advent Judgment.

So if people agree on those point, other details supporting the IJ become relevant as well.
But if any of the five above points are denied, then the waters get more muddy.

We've discussed the need to understand the first four listed doctrines, which, when misunderstood, bar the way to understanding the investigative (pre-Advent) Judgment.

The fifth -- does the Bible say that God will judge prior to His second coming? The biggest resistance seems to come from the idea that Christians will be judged. Is this Biblical?
We teach that Christ is judging (whether they are genuine) all those who profess to follow Christ.
The wicked have already judged themselves. (john 3:18)

Many Christians, however, look to John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment; but is passed from death unto life, and will claim that verse to say those who believe in Christ will face no judgment.

We point out that the word "judgment" is often translated as "condemnation".
Those who believe in Christ and live lives in harmony with their calling will not be condemned in the judgment. In fact we want our names to come up in judgment,
Psalm 26:1-3 A Psalm of David. Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; [therefore] I shall not slide. Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart. For thy lovingkindness [is] before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.

The investigative judgment is about determining who the genuine believers are, for many "come in My name saying "Lord, Lord," but they don't enter the kingdom. (see Matt. 7:21-23)

All these texts below teach about Judgment -- (you can share more if you like)
Which ones show that Christ does judge those that claim to be His people, to see if they are genuine?

i] Daniel 7:9-10; Heb 10:26-27; 1 Peter 4:17; Romans 14:10; 2 Cor. 5:10; Eccl 3:17; Ez. 18:30-31; Acts 10:42; Romans 2:16; 2 Tim.4:1, Revelation 3:5[/i]

Last edited by dedication; 08/22/23 01:30 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!