HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,609
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 3,079 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Righteousness by faith #196085
07/22/23 11:31 PM
07/22/23 11:31 PM
G
Garywk  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
This is a foundational belief of Adventism. We find it all throughout scripture and throughout the SOP. Here are a few examples from scripture.

Eze 36:25? Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.?
Eze 36:26? A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.?
Eze 36:27? And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.?

1Co_1:30? But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Jer 31:31? Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:?
Jer 31:32? Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:?
Jer 31:33? But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.?
Jer 31:34? And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.?

Here are a couple of quotes from the SOP. This is taught throughout the SOP.

All true obedience comes from the heart. It was heart work with Christ. And if we consent, He will so identify Himself with our thoughts and aims, so blend our hearts and minds into conformity to His will, that when obeying Him we shall be but carrying out our own impulses. The will, refined and sanctified, will find its highest delight in doing His service. When we know God as it is our privilege to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience. Through an appreciation of the character of Christ, through communion with God, sin will become hateful to us. Desire of Ages page 668

Many are inquiring, ?How am I to make the surrender of myself to God?? You desire to give yourself to Him, but you are weak in moral power, in slavery to doubt, and controlled by the habits of your life of sin. Your promises and resolutions are like ropes of sand. You cannot control your thoughts, your impulses, your affections. The knowledge of your broken promises and forfeited pledges weakens your confidence in your own sincerity, and causes you to feel that God cannot accept you; but you need not despair. What you need to understand is the true force of the will. This is the governing power in the nature of man, the power of decision, or of choice. Everything depends on the right action of the will. The power of choice God has given to men; it is theirs to exercise. You cannot change your heart, you cannot of yourself give to God its affections; but you can choose to serve Him. You can give Him your will; He will then work in you to will and to do according to His good pleasure. Thus your whole nature will be brought under the control of the Spirit of Christ; your affections will be centered upon Him, your thoughts will be in harmony with Him.

This is the most important message we have today as this how we become Jesus in thought word and deed. We are incapable of weeding sin out of ourselves as we inherited our sinful nature from Adam and Eve. It is in us at the level of our dna so it impossible for us to disentangle. We must have a power outside of us and greater than ourselves to do this work for us.

Time is running out on our planet as we well know. The signs are everywhere. Things have never been setup before in the history of our world to create the type of persecution we will see. To go through it we must have Jesus in our hearts as at no other time in history.

Reply Quote
Re: Righteousness by faith [Re: Garywk] #196086
07/23/23 03:04 PM
07/23/23 03:04 PM
G
Garywk  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
I'm going to post more from the SOP on RxF.

A profession of faith and the possession of truth in the soul are
two different things. The mere knowledge of truth is not enough. We
may possess this, but the tenor of our thoughts may not be changed.
The heart must be converted and sanctified.
The man who attempts to keep the commandments of God from
a sense of obligation merely?because he is required to do so?will
never enter into the joy of obedience. He does not obey. When the
requirements of God are accounted a burden because they cut across
human inclination, we may know that the life is not a Christian
life. True obedience is the outworking of a principle within. It
springs from the love of righteousness, the love of the law of God.
[98] The essence of all righteousness is loyalty to our Redeemer. This
will lead us to do right because it is right?because right doing is
pleasing to God.
The great truth of the conversion of the heart by the Holy Spirit
is presented in Christ?s words to Nicodemus: ?Verily, verily, I say
unto thee, Except a man be born from above, he can not see the
kingdom of God.... That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that
which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee,
Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou
hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh and
whither it goeth. So is every one that is born of the Spirit.? John
3:3-8, margin. Christ's Object Lessons pp 97, 98

Obedience is the test of discipleship. It is the keeping of the commandments that proves the sincerity of our professions of love. When the doctrine we accept kills sin in the heart, purifies the soul from defilement, bears fruit unto holiness, we may know that it is the truth of God. When benevolence, kindness, [147] tenderheartedness, sympathy, are manifest in our lives; when the joy of right doing is in our hearts; when we exalt Christ, and not self, we may know that our faith is of the right order. ?Hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. Thoughts From the Mount of Blessings pp 146. 147

I just love this belief as I only accepted it a few months ago and it has made a major change in my life,already. My love for Jesus has grown greatly. I gave the children's story last week and I teared up when speaking of the love of God for us as it is beyond our comprehension. How did Jesus decide to come to our sin sick world and die for us when the vast majority of us will reject Him. And even further die for us so that He can give us the power and love for Him so that we can keep His commandments. It just boggles my mind.

Last edited by Garywk; 07/23/23 03:06 PM.
Reply Quote
Re: Righteousness by faith [Re: Garywk] #196092
07/24/23 12:37 PM
07/24/23 12:37 PM
G
Garywk  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
I have some more to say on RxF. as I am pretty nuch obsessed with this as it is the closing message of God to our world.

Php 2:13? For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.?

Rom 8:1? There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.?
Rom 8:2? For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.?
Rom 8:3? For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:?
Rom 8:4? That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.?

Rev 3:18? I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.?
Rev 3:19? As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.?
Rev 3:20? Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.?
Rev 3:21? To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.?

Rev 14:6? And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,?

Several have written to me, inquiring if the message of justification by faith is the third angel's message, and I have answered, ?It is the third angel's message in verity.? The prophet declares, ?And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.? Brightness, glory, and power are to be connected with the third angel's message, and conviction will follow wherever it is preached in demonstration of the Spirit. How will any of our brethren know when this light shall come to the people of God? As yet, we certainly have not seen the light that answers to this description. God has light for his people, and all who will accept it will see the sinfulness of remaining in a lukewarm condition; they will heed the counsel of the True Witness when he says, ?Be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.? Review and Herald April 1, 1890

Reply Quote
Re: Righteousness by faith [Re: Garywk] #196192
08/09/23 09:08 PM
08/09/23 09:08 PM
G
Garywk  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
This seems to be a pretty unpopular topic but I have more to say on it. The following quote comes from Christ Our Righteousness page 87.

That such a fundamental, all-embracing truth as imputed righteousness-justification by faith should be lost sight of by many professing godliness and entrusted with Heaven's final message to a dying world, seems incredible; but such, we are plainly told, is a fact. "doctrine of justification by faith has been lost sight of by many who have professed to believe the third angel's message."-The Review and Herald, August 13, 1889.
"There is not one in one hundred who understands for himself the Bible truth on this subject [justification by faith] that is so necessary to our present and eternal welfare.?- The Review and Herald, September 3, 1889.

For the last twenty years a subtle, unconsecrated influence has been leading men to look to men, to bind up with men, to neglect their heavenly Companion. Many have turned away from Christ. They have failed to appreciate the One who declares, ?Lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.? Let us do all in our power to redeem the past.?-The Review and Herald, February 18, 1904.The Review and Herald, February 18, 1904.

Twenty years back from 1904 would just take in the sweep of the message of Righteousness by Faith in 1888, with the preparatory messages which immediately preceded it. What do you say, fellow workers? Shall we not do all in our power to redeem the past? It may be that in returning from the feast we have left Jesus behind, and it becomes necessary for us to seek Him sorrowing, as did Joseph and Mary on their journey homeward from Jerusalem. We are told that- ?The reason why our preachers accomplish so little is that they do not walk with God. He is a day?s journey from most of them.?-Testimonies for the Church 1:434.
It is an individual matter. Let us pause and consider: Is the Saviour a living, abiding presence in my life? or is He a day's journey distant, and are my life and work the result of the memory of His presence? The searching warning sent through the Spirit of prophecy regarding the large number of Seventh-day Adventists who had lost sight of the ?doctrine of justification by faith,? was written in 1889. What change time has made in the proportion of our people who did not at that time hold to or understand this precious truth, none will attempt to say; but we do know that every believer in the third angel?s message at this time should have a clear conception of the doctrine of justification by faith and a well-grounded experience in the great transaction.

Reply Quote
Re: Righteousness by faith [Re: Garywk] #196193
08/09/23 09:28 PM
08/09/23 09:28 PM
G
Garywk  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Ellen White also said that not one in a hundred are are doing anything beyond doing business as usual. This is strong evidence that the world has them absorbed rather than being absorbed .with Jesus. If things were like that in her day think what it is like in the church today with all the winds of doctrine blowing through the church and the worldliness on display everywhere we look.

All the preaching in the world will not make men feel deeply the need of the perishing souls around them. Nothing will so arouse in men and women a self-sacrificing zeal as to send them forth into new fields to work for those in darkness. Prepare workers to go out into the highways and hedges. Do not call men and women to the great center, encouraging them to leave churches that need their aid. Men must learn to bear responsibilities. Not one in a hundred among us is doing anything beyond engaging in common, worldly enterprises. We are not half awake to the worth of the souls for whom
Testimonies volume 8 page 148

Last edited by Garywk; 08/09/23 09:29 PM.
Reply Quote
Re: Righteousness by faith [Re: Garywk] #196202
08/10/23 08:36 PM
08/10/23 08:36 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
THIS IS JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH
"As penitent sinners, contrite before God, discern Christ?s atonement in their behalf, and accept this atonement as their only hope in this life and the future life, their sins are pardoned. This is justification by faith. Every believing soul is to conform his or her will entirely to God?s will, and keep in a state of repentance and contrition, exercising faith in the atoning merits of the Redeemer, and advancing from strength to strength, from glory to glory. Pardon and justification are one and the same thing. . . . {CTr 150.3}

"Justification is the opposite of condemnation. God?s boundless mercy is exercised toward those who are wholly undeserving. He forgives transgressions and sins for the sake of Jesus, who has become the propitiation for our sins. Through faith in Christ the guilty transgressor is brought into favor with God and into the strong hope of life eternal. . . . {CTr 150.4}

"David was pardoned of his transgression because he humbled his heart before God in repentance and contrition of soul and believed that God?s promise to forgive would be fulfilled. He confessed his sin, repented, and was reconverted. In the rapture of the assurance of forgiveness he exclaimed, ?Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.? The blessing comes because of pardon; pardon comes through faith that the sin, confessed and repented of, is borne by the great Sin-bearer. Thus from Christ cometh all our blessings. His death is an atoning sacrifice for our sins. He is the great medium through whom we receive the mercy and favor of God. He, then, is indeed the Originator, the Author, as well as the Finisher, of our faith.?Manuscript 21, 1891 (Manuscript Releases, vol. 9, pp. 300, 301). {CTr 150.5}

CTr = Christ Triumphant page 150

Reply Quote
Re: Righteousness by faith [Re: Garywk] #196203
08/10/23 08:43 PM
08/10/23 08:43 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
THIS IS RIGHTEOUSNESS BY FAITH

And what is it to believe? It is to fully accept that Jesus Christ died as our sacrifice; that He became the curse for us, took our sins upon Himself, and imputed unto us His own righteousness. Therefore we claim this righteousness of Christ, we believe it, and it is our righteousness. He is our Saviour. He saves us because He said He would. Are we going to go into all the explanations as to how He can save us? Do we have the goodness in ourselves that will make us better and cleanse us from the spots and stains of sin, enabling us then to come to God? We simply cannot do it. {FW 70.2}

Don't you know that when the young man came to Christ and asked Him what he should do that he might have life, Christ told him to keep the commandments. Said he, "I have done it." Now the Lord wanted to bring this lesson right home. "What lack I yet? I am perfectly whole" (Matthew 19:20). He did not see that there was a thing the matter with him or why he should not have eternal life. "I have done it," he said. Now Christ touches the plague spot of his heart. He says, "Come, follow Me, and ye shall have life." {FW 70.3}

What did he do? He turned away very sorrowful, for he had great possessions. {FW 70.4}

Now he had not kept the commandments at all. He should have accepted Jesus Christ as his Saviour and taken hold of His righteousness. Then, as he had the righteousness of Christ, he could keep the law of God. The young ruler could not trample that law under his feet. He must respect it; he must love it. Then Christ would bring divine power to combine with man's efforts. {FW 70.5}

Christ took upon Himself humanity for us. He clothed His divinity, and divinity and humanity were combined. He showed that that law which Satan declared could not be kept, could be kept. Christ took humanity to stand here in our world, to show that Satan had lied. He took humanity upon Himself to demonstrate that with divinity and humanity combined, man could keep the law of Jehovah. Separate humanity from divinity, and you can try to work out your own righteousness from now till Christ comes, and it will be nothing but a failure. {FW 71.1}

By living faith, by earnest prayer to God, and depending upon Jesus' merits, we are clothed with His righteousness, and we are saved. "Oh, yes," some say, "we are saved in doing nothing. In fact, I am saved. I need not keep the law of God. I am saved by the righteousness of Jesus Christ." No, no, Christ came to our world to bring all men back to allegiance to God. To take the position that you can break God's law, for Christ has done it all, is a position of death, for you are as verily a transgressor as anyone. {FW 71.2}

Then what is it? It is to hear and to see that with the righteousness of Christ which you hold by faith, righteousness supplied by His efforts and His divine power, you can keep the commandments of God. {FW 71.3}

FW = FAITH AND WORKS pages 70-71

Reply Quote
Re: Righteousness by faith [Re: Garywk] #196204
08/10/23 09:09 PM
08/10/23 09:09 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
HOW IS THE THIRD ANGEL'S MESSAGE JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH IN VERITY??

by A.G.Daniells

Justification by faith, it is affirmed, is "the third angel's message in verity." The words "in verity" mean, in fact, in reality, in very truth. That means that the message of justification by faith and the third angel's message are the same in purpose, in scope, and in results. {1941 AGD, COR 64.5}

Justification by faith is God's way of saving sinners; His way of convicting sinners of their guilt, their condemnation, and their utterly undone lost condition. It is way of cancelling their guilt and delivering them from the condemnation of His divine law, and giving them a new and right standingbefore Him and His holy law. Justification by faith is God's way of changing weak, sinful, defeated men and women into strong, righteous, victorious Christians. {1941 AGD, COR 65.1}

Now if it be true that justification by faith is "the third angel's message in verity,"-in fact, in reality,-it must be that the genuine understanding and appropriation of the third angel's message is designed to do for and in those who receive it, the full work of justification by faith. That this is its purpose, is evident from the following considerations: {1941 AGD, COR 65.2}

1. The great threefold message of Revelation 14, which we designate by the term "the third angel's message," is declared to be "the everlasting gospel." Rev. 14:6. {1941 AGD, COR 65.3}

2. The message makes the solemn announcement that the "hour of His judgment is come." {1941 AGD, COR 65.4}

3. It admonishes all who are to meet God at His great tribunal, to be judged by His righteous law, to "fear God, and give glory to Him,"-and to "worship Him that made heaven, and earth." Verse 7. {1941 AGD, COR 65.5}

4. The result, or fruitage, of this message of warning and admonition is the development of a people of whom it is declared: "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the
commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." Verse 12. {1941 AGD, COR 65.6}

In all this we have the facts of justification by faith. The message is the gospel of salvation from sin, condemnation, and death. The judgment brings men and women face to face with the law of righteousness, by which they are to be tried. Because of their guilt and condemnation, they are warned to fear and worship God. This involves conviction of guilt, repentance, confession, and renunciation. This is the ground of forgiveness, cleansing, and justification.

Those who enter into this experience have had wrought into their characters the sweet, beautiful grace of patience, in an age of all-pervading irritability and fiery temper, which is destroying the peace, happiness, and safety of the human race. What is that but justification by faith? The word declares that, "being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Rom. 5: 1. {1941 AGD, COR 66.1}

But more still, these believers "keep the commandments of God." They have experienced the marvelous change from hating and transgressing the law of God, to loving and keeping its righteous precepts. Their standing before the law has been changed. Their guilt has been canceled; their condemnation has been removed, and the death sentence has been annulled. Having accepted Christ as Saviour, they have received His righteousness and His life. {1941 AGD, COR 66.2}

This wondrous transformation can be wrought only by the grace and power of God, and it is wrought for those only who lay hold of Christ as their substitute, their surety, their Redeemer. Therefore, it is said that they "keep the faith of Jesus." This reveals the secret of their rich, deep experience. They laid hold of the faith of Jesus,-that faith by which He triumphed over the powers of darkness. {1941 AGD, COR 66.3}

"When the sinner believes that Christ is his personal Saviour, then, according to His unfailing promises, God pardons his sin, and justifies him freely. The repentant soul realizes that his justification comes because Christ, as his substitute and surety, has died for him, as his atonement and righteousness."-Review and Herald, Nov. 4, 1890. {1941 AGD, COR 67.1}

As already pointed out, we find in the experiences of those who triumph in the third angel's message all the facts of justification by faith. For this reason, it is quite true that justification by faith is "the third angel's message in verity." {1941 AGD, COR 67.2}

And here it may be well to call attention to the fact that both justification by faith and the third angel's message are the gospel of Christ in verity. This is made apparent by a statement from the apostle Paul, who declares that the "gospel of Christ ... is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth. . . . For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith." Rom. 1: 16, 17. {1941 AGD, COR 67.3}

COR = Christ Our Righteousness, a book written by A.G.Daniells in 1941

Reply Quote
Re: Righteousness by faith [Re: dedication] #196205
08/10/23 10:02 PM
08/10/23 10:02 PM
G
Garywk  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Originally Posted by dedication
HOW IS THE THIRD ANGEL'S MESSAGE JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH IN VERITY??

by A.G.Daniells

Justification by faith, it is affirmed, is "the third angel's message in verity." The words "in verity" mean, in fact, in reality, in very truth. That means that the message of justification by faith and the third angel's message are the same in purpose, in scope, and in results. {1941 AGD, COR 64.5}

Justification by faith is God's way of saving sinners; His way of convicting sinners of their guilt, their condemnation, and their utterly undone lost condition. It is way of cancelling their guilt and delivering them from the condemnation of His divine law, and giving them a new and right standingbefore Him and His holy law. Justification by faith is God's way of changing weak, sinful, defeated men and women into strong, righteous, victorious Christians. {1941 AGD, COR 65.1}

Now if it be true that justification by faith is "the third angel's message in verity,"-in fact, in reality,-it must be that the genuine understanding and appropriation of the third angel's message is designed to do for and in those who receive it, the full work of justification by faith. That this is its purpose, is evident from the following considerations: {1941 AGD, COR 65.2}

1. The great threefold message of Revelation 14, which we designate by the term "the third angel's message," is declared to be "the everlasting gospel." Rev. 14:6. {1941 AGD, COR 65.3}

2. The message makes the solemn announcement that the "hour of His judgment is come." {1941 AGD, COR 65.4}

3. It admonishes all who are to meet God at His great tribunal, to be judged by His righteous law, to "fear God, and give glory to Him,"-and to "worship Him that made heaven, and earth." Verse 7. {1941 AGD, COR 65.5}

4. The result, or fruitage, of this message of warning and admonition is the development of a people of whom it is declared: "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the
commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." Verse 12. {1941 AGD, COR 65.6}

In all this we have the facts of justification by faith. The message is the gospel of salvation from sin, condemnation, and death. The judgment brings men and women face to face with the law of righteousness, by which they are to be tried. Because of their guilt and condemnation, they are warned to fear and worship God. This involves conviction of guilt, repentance, confession, and renunciation. This is the ground of forgiveness, cleansing, and justification.

Those who enter into this experience have had wrought into their characters the sweet, beautiful grace of patience, in an age of all-pervading irritability and fiery temper, which is destroying the peace, happiness, and safety of the human race. What is that but justification by faith? The word declares that, "being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Rom. 5: 1. {1941 AGD, COR 66.1}

But more still, these believers "keep the commandments of God." They have experienced the marvelous change from hating and transgressing the law of God, to loving and keeping its righteous precepts. Their standing before the law has been changed. Their guilt has been canceled; their condemnation has been removed, and the death sentence has been annulled. Having accepted Christ as Saviour, they have received His righteousness and His life. {1941 AGD, COR 66.2}

This wondrous transformation can be wrought only by the grace and power of God, and it is wrought for those only who lay hold of Christ as their substitute, their surety, their Redeemer. Therefore, it is said that they "keep the faith of Jesus." This reveals the secret of their rich, deep experience. They laid hold of the faith of Jesus,-that faith by which He triumphed over the powers of darkness. {1941 AGD, COR 66.3}

"When the sinner believes that Christ is his personal Saviour, then, according to His unfailing promises, God pardons his sin, and justifies him freely. The repentant soul realizes that his justification comes because Christ, as his substitute and surety, has died for him, as his atonement and righteousness."-Review and Herald, Nov. 4, 1890. {1941 AGD, COR 67.1}

As already pointed out, we find in the experiences of those who triumph in the third angel's message all the facts of justification by faith. For this reason, it is quite true that justification by faith is "the third angel's message in verity." {1941 AGD, COR 67.2}

And here it may be well to call attention to the fact that both justification by faith and the third angel's message are the gospel of Christ in verity. This is made apparent by a statement from the apostle Paul, who declares that the "gospel of Christ ... is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth. . . . For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith." Rom. 1: 16, 17. {1941 AGD, COR 67.3}

COR = Christ Our Righteousness, a book written by A.G.Daniells in 1941

I have Daniels' book. It's in the APL. Excellent book.I also like Morris Venden's sermons on it. They are an outstanding resource on the subject. So are Roger Bothwell's sermons. They can listened to/downloaded from American Christian Ministries who literally have hundreds of SDA sermons on RxF and the health message.

Ellen White's writings have a lot of RxF in them, especially The Desire of Ages. Christ's Object Lessons, Thoughts from the Mount of Blessings. Patriarchs and Prophets, Faith and Works, and more.

Last edited by Garywk; 08/10/23 10:03 PM.
Reply Quote
Re: Righteousness by faith [Re: Garywk] #196696
10/03/23 12:37 PM
10/03/23 12:37 PM
G
Garywk  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
More on RxF. This comes from what I consider to be the best chapter in The Desire of Ages, Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled. Don't let your heart be troubled and your peace be taken away from you. Just trust in God no matter what.

The Lord is disappointed when His people place a low estimate [668]
upon themselves. He desires His chosen heritage to value themselves
according to the price He has placed upon them.
God wanted them,
else He would not have sent His Son on such an expensive errand
to redeem them. He has a use for them, and He is well pleased
when they make the very highest demands upon Him, that they may
glorify His name.
They may expect large things if they have faith in
His promises.
But to pray in Christ?s name means much. It means that we are
to accept His character, manifest His spirit, and work His works.

The Saviour?s promise is given on condition. ?If ye love Me,? He
says, ?keep My commandments.? He saves men, not in sin, but from
sin; and those who love Him will show their love by obedience.

All true obedience comes from the heart. It was heart work with
Christ. And if we consent, He will so identify Himself with our
thoughts and aims, so blend our hearts and minds into conformity to
His will, that when obeying Him we shall be but carrying out our
own impulses. The will, refined and sanctified, will find its highest
delight in doing His service. When we know God as it is our privilege
to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience. Through
an appreciation of the character of Christ, through communion with
God, sin will become hateful to us.

As Christ lived the law in humanity, so we may do if we will
take hold of the Strong for strength.
But we are not to place the
responsibility of our duty upon others, and wait for them to tell us
what to do. We cannot depend for counsel upon humanity. The Lord
will teach us our duty just as willingly as He will teach somebody
else. If we come to Him in faith, He will speak His mysteries to us
personally. Our hearts will often burn within us as One draws nigh
to commune with us as He did with Enoch.
Those who decide to
do nothing in any line that will displease God, will know, after pre-
senting their case before Him, just what course to pursue. And they
will receive not only wisdom, but strength. Power for obedience, for
service, will be imparted to them, as Christ has promised. Whatever
was given to Christ?the ?all things? to supply the need of fallen
men?was given to Him as the head and representative of humanity.
And ?whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we keep His
commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.?
1 John 3:22

Last edited by Garywk; 10/03/23 12:43 PM.
Reply Quote
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!