HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,609
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Re: Beginnings of history after the flood [Re: Garywk] #196464
09/05/23 01:07 AM
09/05/23 01:07 AM
dedication  Online Content OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted by Garywk
Originally Posted by dedication

Where did you get the idea of I said 2000 years before the flood?
I quoted from National Geographic:
Pharaoh Khufu began the first Giza pyramid project, circa 2550 B.C.
Khufu's son, Pharaoh Khafre, built the second pyramid at Giza, circa 2520 B.C. His necropolis also included the Sphinx.
The third of the Giza Pyramids is considerably smaller than the first two. Built by Pharaoh Menkaure circa 2490 B.C.,

Because of this. Sorry, but it seems seems you don't understand what you post.
"The Giza Pyramids, built to endure an eternity, have done just that. The monumental tombs are relics of Egypt's Old Kingdom era and were constructed some 4,500 years ago.

That makes a mockery of the Biblical timeline.

This is hilarious!!!!
Yes, Gary, I know what I Post, but even after it's pointed out to you, you still can't read what I write!

Read that again, please. The pyramids "were constructed some 4,500 years ago!
And guess what 4,500 years takes you to 2480 BC (2020 AD + 2480 BC = 4500 years)
Exactly what I've been writing all along. Very close to the time of the flood.

Those pyramids were built within a very short time after flood.

Re: Beginnings of history after the flood [Re: Garywk] #196465
09/05/23 04:39 AM
09/05/23 04:39 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

The other thing that factors into this is the technology of the ancients. In Peru they moved stone blocks up to 20.000 tons across a valley and up a cliff and regularly moved stone blocks of 300 to 500 tons to build extensive walls up a sheer cliff 1000 feet high at an elevation of more than 10,000 feet.

So the building of the pyramids wasn't that big of a deal for them. I don't believe what modern archeologists believe about the manpower and time needed to construct them. With the technology they had and the elevation they were working at they might have built the pyramids in a lot less time I think they could have placed multiple. blocks a day.

Quite agree. That's why those pyramids were built by just a few men shortly after the flood in a very short time frame. The National Geographic suggests 75 years for the whole "Orion complex" of four pyramids, a sphinx and a few other lesser buildings to be built..

The Orion complex of pyramids are aligned to mirror the belt in the constellation of Orion. This wasn't just a burial for the Pharaoh's, this was re-establishing pre-flood connections with the supposed god's of the stars.

Indeed they had technology we don't even know of today, probably harnessing the energies and magnetic fields of the earth to lift enormous weights. And traveling by air.

These builders were the men from the first generations after the flood equipped with preflood knowledge of technology, astronomy, and also the remembrance of preflood religion. Orion still figures as the realm of God, even in EGW's writings. The ancient Egyptians were strangely fascinated by Orion and other constellations.

And yes, Ham's sons and descendants established the Egyptian kingdom, but they were too interested in surveying and setting up a world wide communication system to stay in Egypt, they probably set up those pharaohs to take care of things "at home" while they (and possibly others) went all over the world, mapping and building these monuments all over the world, setting up an elaborate communication system (which centered in the tower of Babel which Nimrod was orchestrating on the home front,

Noorbergern's book and he says Cheops ruled for only 22 years.

He further says that there is an inscription at the base of the pyramid that gives the start date of the construction. Half way up is another date inscription and it is only 2 years later. Thus the Great Pyramid was built in only 4 years.

This throws major doubt on your time lines.

How any of this throws any doubt at all on "my timeline" -- I surely don't see.

It fits very well, thank-you.
It's what I've been trying to share previously, It shows Cush, Nimrod and all the rest were very much alive when the pyramids were built and Osiris and Isis were honored.

And yes, they would have been able to build them in a matter of years, not decades. Four years may be pushing it, but yes, they weren't using primitive tools, they brought the knowledge of technology they remembered from before the flood.

My whole reason for bringing up the time line was to show that the dates for the pyramids and the date for the flood are almost the same. The pyramids were built VERY soon after the flood.
The date 2350 BC. is most likely accurate give or take some 200 years.

All those first five generation people lived over 400 years -- people back then didn't die in their forties naturally. So a worship system based on post flood heroes turning into gods or goddesses, wasn't a even in existents and their whole star god system were brought over from before the flood.

As to the short reigns of the pharaoh's they must have had some different meaning. It could be the pyramids were named for Mizraim's sons or grandsons perhaps. And each selected to be Pharaoh for a defined length of time to make them eligible to be buried in the pyramid when they eventually die. I don't know -- I just know people didn't naturally die at 40 or 50 in that time period.

Re: Beginnings of history after the flood [Re: dedication] #196466
09/05/23 10:41 AM
09/05/23 10:41 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa

The other thing that factors into this is the technology of the ancients. In Peru they moved stone blocks up to 20.000 tons across a valley and up a cliff and regularly moved stone blocks of 300 to 500 tons to build extensive walls up a sheer cliff 1000 feet high at an elevation of more than 10,000 feet.

So the building of the pyramids wasn't that big of a deal for them. I don't believe what modern archeologists believe about the manpower and time needed to construct them. With the technology they had and the elevation they were working at they might have built the pyramids in a lot less time I think they could have placed multiple. blocks a day.

Quite agree. That's why those pyramids were built by just a few men shortly after the flood in a very short time frame. The National Geographic suggests 75 years for the whole "Orion complex" of four pyramids, a sphinx and a few other lesser buildings to be built..

The Orion complex of pyramids are aligned to mirror the belt in the constellation of Orion. This wasn't just a burial for the Pharaoh's, this was re-establishing pre-flood connections with the supposed god's of the stars.

Indeed they had technology we don't even know of today, probably harnessing the energies and magnetic fields of the earth to lift enormous weights. And traveling by air.

These builders were the men from the first generations after the flood equipped with preflood knowledge of technology, astronomy, and also the remembrance of preflood religion. Orion still figures as the realm of God, even in EGW's writings. The ancient Egyptians were strangely fascinated by Orion and other constellations.

And yes, Ham's sons and descendants established the Egyptian kingdom, but they were too interested in surveying and setting up a world wide communication system to stay in Egypt, they probably set up those pharaohs to take care of things "at home" while they (and possibly others) went all over the world, mapping and building these monuments all over the world, setting up an elaborate communication system (which centered in the tower of Babel which Nimrod was orchestrating on the home front,

Noorbergern's book and he says Cheops ruled for only 22 years.

He further says that there is an inscription at the base of the pyramid that gives the start date of the construction. Half way up is another date inscription and it is only 2 years later. Thus the Great Pyramid was built in only 4 years.

This throws major doubt on your time lines.

How any of this throws any doubt at all on "my timeline" -- I surely don't see.

It fits very well, thank-you.
It's what I've been trying to share previously, It shows Cush, Nimrod and all the rest were very much alive when the pyramids were built and Osiris and Isis were honored.

And yes, they would have been able to build them in a matter of years, not decades. Four years may be pushing it, but yes, they weren't using primitive tools, they brought the knowledge of technology they remembered from before the flood.

My whole reason for bringing up the time line was to show that the dates for the pyramids and the date for the flood are almost the same. The pyramids were built VERY soon after the flood.
The date 2350 BC. is most likely accurate give or take some 200 years.

All those first five generation people lived over 400 years -- people back then didn't die in their forties naturally. So a worship system based on post flood heroes turning into gods or goddesses, wasn't a even in existents and their whole star god system were brought over from before the flood.

As to the short reigns of the pharaoh's they must have had some different meaning. It could be the pyramids were named for Mizraim's sons or grandsons perhaps. And each selected to be Pharaoh for a defined length of time to make them eligible to be buried in the pyramid when they eventually die. I don't know -- I just know people didn't naturally die at 40 or 50 in that time period.

All the legends say Nimrod was murdered. Not one say he lived out a natural life span for his time. So to say he did contradicts not only Hislop but all the old legends. It's extremely doubtful that he lived a full life when not a single legend about him agrees with that. If a couple of legends existed which contradicted that I would agree that he may have lived a full life but none do.

Therefore I still can not agree with you.

Or Mizraim's descendants were murdering one another for power and wealth. Where money and power are at stake all goodness goes out the window. Just look at our current culture for proof of that.

Last edited by Garywk; 09/05/23 10:43 AM.
Re: Beginnings of history after the flood [Re: dedication] #196468
09/05/23 02:19 PM
09/05/23 02:19 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Legends of Nimrod are numerous.

1. However, Nimrod is not found in any historical records of kings or rulers.
2. People have been assuming Nimrod was quite a number of different kings and conquerors. Hislop simply chose one of these assumptions.
3. All legends DO NOT say Nimrod was murdered.
4. Some say he tried to kill Abraham, others that he was one of the kings that captured Sodom.
5. Some say there never was a Nimrod, his reference in scripture just incapsulates that evil again reared itself and dominated the nations after the tower of Babel.

Wikipedia gives a long list of legends and their assumptions.

The facts (as far as I can tell) is that Hislop's theory of Nimrod and Semiramus having lived and died and been deified by the nations before the pyramids were built is impossible according to the Bible timeline.

The pyramids were in honor of Osiris and Isis. The Egyptain legends say Osiris was murdered by his brother Seth, but came back to life. Osiris as far as I can see from the Egyptian legends was the deification of Cain, (Adam and Eve's first son) who was threatened by Seth when, as the Bible says, men began to worship God. Cain's "resurrection" was his intense activity to overthrow Seth, which he nearly won and which brought the ancient world the flood.
Osiris' legend says he is the first-born of the gods Geb (god of the earth, Adam was created out of the dust of the earth) and Nut (sky goddess, Eve was wrested from Adam's side) Osiris was born shortly after the creation of the world, was murdered by his younger brother Seth, and brought back to life by his sister-wife Isis.

Re: Beginnings of history after the flood [Re: dedication] #196469
09/05/23 06:34 PM
09/05/23 06:34 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Legends of Nimrod are numerous.

1. However, Nimrod is not found in any historical records of kings or rulers.
2. People have been assuming Nimrod was quite a number of different kings and conquerors. Hislop simply chose one of these assumptions.
3. All legends DO NOT say Nimrod was murdered.
4. Some say he tried to kill Abraham, others that he was one of the kings that captured Sodom.
5. Some say there never was a Nimrod, his reference in scripture just incapsulates that evil again reared itself and dominated the nations after the tower of Babel.

Wikipedia gives a long list of legends and their assumptions.

The facts (as far as I can tell) is that Hislop's theory of Nimrod and Semiramus having lived and died and been deified by the nations before the pyramids were built is impossible according to the Bible timeline.

The pyramids were in honor of Osiris and Isis. The Egyptain legends say Osiris was murdered by his brother Seth, but came back to life. Osiris as far as I can see from the Egyptian legends was the deification of Cain, (Adam and Eve's first son) who was threatened by Seth when, as the Bible says, men began to worship God. Cain's "resurrection" was his intense activity to overthrow Seth, which he nearly won and which brought the ancient world the flood.
Osiris' legend says he is the first-born of the gods Geb (god of the earth, Adam was created out of the dust of the earth) and Nut (sky goddess, Eve was wrested from Adam's side) Osiris was born shortly after the creation of the world, was murdered by his younger brother Seth, and brought back to life by his sister-wife Isis.

Well, you do have some real evidence for your point of view this time. However. I will stick with Hislop for now as much of your evidence is still legend too and from sources just as old as Hislops and some of them, like the Talmud, very unbelievable. I find Jewish legends to be extremely unbelievable, It's like some of Josephus' legends. They seem to be very much off the wall.

Re: Beginnings of history after the flood [Re: dedication] #196470
09/05/23 07:25 PM
09/05/23 07:25 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa

Where did you get the idea of I said 2000 years before the flood?
I quoted from National Geographic:
Pharaoh Khufu began the first Giza pyramid project, circa 2550 B.C.
Khufu's son, Pharaoh Khafre, built the second pyramid at Giza, circa 2520 B.C. His necropolis also included the Sphinx.
The third of the Giza Pyramids is considerably smaller than the first two. Built by Pharaoh Menkaure circa 2490 B.C.,

Because of this. Sorry, but it seems seems you don't understand what you post.
"The Giza Pyramids, built to endure an eternity, have done just that. The monumental tombs are relics of Egypt's Old Kingdom era and were constructed some 4,500 years ago.

That makes a mockery of the Biblical timeline.

This is hilarious!!!!
Yes, Gary, I know what I Post, but even after it's pointed out to you, you still can't read what I write!

Read that again, please. The pyramids "were constructed some 4,500 years ago!
And guess what 4,500 years takes you to 2480 BC (2020 AD + 2480 BC = 4500 years)
Exactly what I've been writing all along. Very close to the time of the flood.

Those pyramids were built within a very short time after flood.

That is pretty funny. Mmmm.... Crow tastes good.

Re: Beginnings of history after the flood [Re: dedication] #196494
09/08/23 01:12 PM
09/08/23 01:12 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Here is more evidence for Hislop.

So much for Peter's chair and Peter's keys. Now Janus, whose key the Pope usurped
with that of his wife or mother Cybele, was also Dagon. Janus, the two-headed god, "who had
lived in two worlds," was the Babylonian divinity as an incarnation of Noah. [b]Dagon, the fish-
god, represented that deity as a manifestation of the same patriarch who had lived so long in
the waters of the deluge. As the Pope bears the key of Janus, so he wears the mitre of
Dagon. The excavations of Nineveh have put this beyond all possibility of doubt. The Papal
mitre is entirely different from the mitre of Aaron and the Jewish high priests. That mitre was a
turban. The two-horned mitre, which the Pope wears, when he sits on the high altar at Rome
and receives the adoration of the Cardinals, is the very mitre worn by Dagon, the fish-god of
the Philistines and Babylonians.p/]
There were two ways in which Dagon was anciently represented. The one was when
he was depicted as half-man half-fish; the upper part being entirely human, the under part
ending in the tail of a fish. The other was, when, to use the words of Layard, "the head of the
fish formed a mitre above that of the man, while its scaly, fan-like tail fell as a cloak behind,
leaving the human limbs and feet exposed." Of Dagon in this form Layard gives a
representation in his last work; and no one who examines his mitre, and compares it with the
Pope's as given in Elliot's Horoe, can doubt for a moment that from that, and no other source,
has the pontifical mitre been derived. The gaping jaws of the fish surmounting the head of the
man at Nineveh are the unmistakable counterpart of the horns of the Pope's mitre at Rome.
Thus was it in the East, at least five hundred years before the Christian era.

Here is a link to images of dagon.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/dagon-god.html?sortBy=relevant

Re: Beginnings of history after the flood [Re: dedication] #196501
09/08/23 06:45 PM
09/08/23 06:45 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
That has long been taught in our books. -- The illustrated Great Controversy has that in it.
The MITRE, the fish tails and fish heads, the name Pontifex Maximus.
Yes, there is a lot of paganism in the rituals of the Papal church.

The Philistines worshipped Dagon -- a fish god -- who fell on his face in front of the ark, when the Philistines had captured the ark. That story is in the Bible. (Judges 16)

The BIG difference is most of our books don't go into all the pagan gods and their names and legends and what they supposedly accomplished. Much more enlightening the Biblical record where we realize Dagon had no power to even stand when confronted with God's truth.
Nor will the papacy be able to stand when Christ comes to deliver His people.

Christ is far more powerful than any pagan god or goddess, we need to turn our eyes on Him!

Re: Beginnings of history after the flood [Re: dedication] #196503
09/08/23 08:07 PM
09/08/23 08:07 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
That has long been taught in our books. -- The illustrated Great Controversy has that in it.
The MITRE, the fish tails and fish heads, the name Pontifex Maximus.
Yes, there is a lot of paganism in the rituals of the Papal church.

The Philistines worshipped Dagon -- a fish god -- who fell on his face in front of the ark, when the Philistines had captured the ark. That story is in the Bible. (Judges 16)

The BIG difference is most of our books don't go into all the pagan gods and their names and legends and what they supposedly accomplished. Much more enlightening the Biblical record where we realize Dagon had no power to even stand when confronted with God's truth.
Nor will the papacy be able to stand when Christ comes to deliver His people.

Christ is far more powerful than any pagan god or goddess, we need to turn our eyes on Him!

I agree with most that. I did a search on my GC ebook and cannot find the word mitre in it. The search function found two instances of m i t r e but not in a single word.

Re: Beginnings of history after the flood [Re: dedication] #196504
09/08/23 08:41 PM
09/08/23 08:41 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
No, the regular Great Controversy does not have those pictures in it.
"Harvest Times Books" put out a "new" illustrated Great Controversy -- A beautiful edition with over 800 pictures all through the book, but not those pictures I have in an older illustrated edition.

The edition I'm referring to was an Illustrated Great Controversy, with a whole bunch of pictures in a middle section, a lot of them showing similarities between pagan things and papal things. I lent it out, need to get it back so I can tell you what edition and who printed it.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!