Here's a legitimate news story (Sainsbury's is a large grocery store chain in Britain) for all to enjoy while crunching on some "fixins":

Hen hatches Sainsbury's quails eggs

A hen has successfully hatched four quails whose eggs had been bought at Sainsbury's.

Leslie Lake and her boyfriend Mick Remmer, from Sedlescombe, East Sussex, had a bet to see whether their hen Speckly could become a surrogate mum.

After buying the eggs at Sainsbury's they later came home to find four of the six eggs had hatched.

"We had a jokey bet over it. I never though they would hatch," said Miss Lake.

A month later Speckly is proud of her two adopted young, named Rocky and Ginger after characters from the film Chicken Run, reports The Daily Telegraph.

A Sainsbury's spokesman said: "We try to separate the male and female quails so the males don't cross fertilise but they are very difficult to distinguish and that is what has happened to these eggs."

I sometimes wonder about chicken eggs. There's usually one in each dozen where I have to spoon out the "slop."

------------------
You have done many good things for me, Lord, just as you promised. I believe in your commands; now teach me good judgment and knowledge. Psalm 119:65-66 NLT

[This message has been edited by Andrew Marttinen (edited July 21, 2001).]