Originally Posted by dedication
Just a thought --
Christ redeemed everyone, his sacrifice is all sufficient to take away every sinners sin. He met the demands of the law for every sinners death. None need die the second death.

BUT

Not all are ransomed. Why?

It's like this --- everyone in this world is in bondage to sin, they are "imprisoned" in sin. They are held hostage.
Christ has the perfect key ready to give to everyone. The

I know all of that, but I don't see how it resolvel key was purchased at great price by Christ. He has redeemed them, he has met all requirements' for their release.
BUT the hostages must now accept the key in order for the ransom to take effect and be released.
The devil is holding them, doing his best to keep them from reaching out and taking the key of redemption. The Holy Spirit is doing His best to encourage them to take the key, accept the ransom price and be free in Christ.

When Christ made provision for redemption He took the sins of the whole world upon Himself, the ransom price was made available to free every person.
But those who refused to accept the ransom Christ provided for them, must pay their own ransom price. They will "pay" not only for their own sins but be punished for all the sins they caused the redeemed to commit.
The Azazel ritual on the day of atonement shows the antagonists will bear punishment for sins they CAUSED others to commit in their attempts to hold them hostage. (See PP 358+)

I know all of that but I don't see how it resolves the issue at hand.