Originally Posted by teresaq
I've come across Adventists, as I'm sure many here have also, who don't see how a Sunday law could eventually go worldwide. It occurs to me that that is because we have given a superficial reading to the text. But what is the wording?

The U.s. is supposed to be the most powerful country at this time. Is it small wonder that we could put pressure on non Christian nations under the right circumstances? Especially as the dictatorial minded continue to take over.

Revelation 13:11And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and
causeth
the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

14And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Causes. According to the passage cause in one instance means to be manipulated, hypnotized, as Ellen White and Jones stated it back in their time.
Revelation 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

According to inspiration people will believe because

2 Thessalonians 2:9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
We will have no one to blame but ourselves. It's easy to project onto others, but perhaps God would prefer we stay on our knees in humility of heart.

Causes through deceit which is manipulation in many forms.

Then cause as in force:
Revelation 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
First manipulate to acquire willing obedience, then by force for those who will not bow the knee to Satan.

Many will be laid to rest, especially children, which brings up an important issue.
1 Kings 14: 10Therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jeroboam, and will cut off from Jeroboam ... 12Arise thou therefore, get thee to thine own house: and when thy feet enter into the city, the child shall die. 13And all Israel shall mourn for him, and bury him: for he only of Jeroboam shall come to the grave, because in him there is found some good thing toward the LORD God of Israel in the house of Jeroboam.

This promise is yours. You may be comforted and trust in the Lord. The Lord has often instructed me that many little ones are to be laid away before the time of trouble. We shall see our children again. We shall meet them and know them in the heavenly courts. Put your trust in the Lord, and be not afraid.?Letter 196, 1899.
The Lord ?doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.? Lamentations 3:33. ?Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear Him. For He knoweth our frame; He remembereth that we are dust.? Psalm 103:13, 14. He knows our heart, for He reads every secret of the soul. He knows whether or not those for whom petitions are offered would be able to endure the trial and test that would come upon them if they lived. He knows the end from the beginning. Many will be laid away to sleep before the fiery ordeal of the time of trouble shall come upon our world. This is another reason why we should say after our earnest petition; ?Nevertheless not my will, but Thine, be done.? Luke 22:42. Such a petition will never be registered in heaven as a faithless prayer.

The apostle was bidden to write, ?Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labors; and their works do follow them.? Revelation 14:13. From this we can see that all are not to be raised up; and if they are not raised to health they should not be judged as unworthy of eternal life. If Jesus, the world's Redeemer, prayed, ?O My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from Me,? and added, ?nevertheless not as I will, but as Thou wilt? (Matthew 26:39), how very appropriate it is for finite mortals to make the same surrender to the wisdom and will of God.
It may be hard to believe but increasing disasters has only just begun. We haven't seen anything yet. Many will lose their lives.

In the end only 144,000 for God will be left standing out of the billions today. Only 144,000 who live Ellen White's dream of the narrow road that became more and more narrow till all that was left was a green cord to hole onto. Not something we want to hear from what I see. Easier to believe anything else than that.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.