The Health Message In The Light Of The Cross

“In the cross all influence centers; and from it, all influence goes forth.”
- Ellen G White, Manuscript #56, 1899.

I am trying to imagine just how heart-broken God must have been, when Adam and Eve ate of the forbidden fruit, way back in the Garden Of Eden. It must have pained Him deeply. The Bible reveals to us, that the human race is very dear to God, we are His special creation, created “in His own image.” (Gen.1:27). It is at just this point, where we can say; Just “as soon as there was sin, there was a Savior.” (DA 210).

“The guilty pair would have died then and there, had they been conscious of the full extent of their guilt; as we are told: “the wages of sin is death.” (Rom.6:23, The Knocking At The Door, pg.10).

Sadly, Scripture also reveals that “whatsoever we sow, we shall also reap:”

That sin was to the cross of Calvary
What the acorn is to the oak

In other words; the “seed” that Adam and Eve “planted” that fateful day in Eden; would grow, like a cancer, until it became so strong; that it actually killed, outright murdered, the Son Of God.

We are told that when Jesus explained to Adam and Eve, how He would give His life for THE ransom, (Gen.3:15), and take the sentence of death upon Himself, that Adam greatly trembled at the thought that his sin, must shed the blood, of the spotless Son Of God!

Christ consented to leave His honor, His Kingly authority, His wonderful glory, with the Father, and humble Himself, all the degrading way, down to fallen humanity; and then, engage in a deadly conflict with the mighty prince of darkness, in order to redeem man.
(Confrontation, pg.17).

When Adam was assailed by the tempter, none of the effects of sin were upon him…It was not thus with Jesus, when He entered the wilderness to cope with Satan. For four thousand years, the race had been decreasing in physical strength, in mental power, and in moral worth; and Christ took upon Himself, the many infirmities of degenerate humanity. Only thus could He rescue fallen man from the lowest depths of his degradation.
(DA 117).

(to be continued)

As I study this subject; I am studying it to see for myself, what inspiration says about the Bible’s health message. I have heard all kinds of angles on the subject of health & the Bible; but I have never really started at the beginning, and studied this out for myself. As I uncover things; I intend to try them out, and, where applicable, post any results that are achieved.

This should get interesting!

Health Message Of The Bible

[ June 19, 2002, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: DavidTBattler ]