HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,366 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Natural Remedies #31425
02/05/05 05:16 AM
02/05/05 05:16 AM
debbie  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
USA
I suppose most people like to pop a pill for their ailments but what do you think of natural remedies instead?

Do you believe no drugs should be used at all?

When you are sick, or your child is sick, do you take them to the doctor?

Does your family have a "family doctor?"

I have found out something by using hydrotherapy on my chilren when they were little. They LOVED the extra attention when they were not feeling well. The extra motherly touch, the good feeling from the treatment which left them relaxed and feeling secure.

I have books by Dr. Thomas with all hydrotherapy treatments listed in it. Also "Back to Eden" by Jethro Kloss. Dr. Agatha Thrash has many good books out on hydrotherapy and other treatments that are natural.

If any one is interested on how to obtain these books, I would be happy to give names of books and addresses of where you can get them.

Re: Natural Remedies #31426
02/05/05 08:58 AM
02/05/05 08:58 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Hi Debbie,
This may sound abit silly, but do the hydrotherapy treatments require any specialized equipment? I know I am interested in natural remedies sinceI feel that taking antibiotics does harm to my body, and know that there is a way to make the immune system strong enough to resist todays bugs. Mind you I don't believe in taking flu shots either and prefer that my body defend itself with what God gave it vs what man has whipped together in a lab.
If you can send me some information on where I can get these books that would be great!
God Bless & Happy Sabbath,
-Will

Re: Natural Remedies #31427
02/05/05 10:32 AM
02/05/05 10:32 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Hi Will & Debbie,

Hydrotherapy is really benefical. One way to do hydrotherapy each and every day, is to do a hot shower and cool off with cold water. The shower should just be hot enough to stand and then cool off with cold water until it is cold enough to stand. Note: Going to cold or hot should be gradual.

I recall in boarding school two sisters believed in hydrotherapy and I don't recall that they were ever sick. They faithfully took their showers very hot then cooling off to cold water.

Will, if you need natures antibotics, pine needle tea is great. You take a nice hand full of pine needles, cut off those pieces that are not all needles. Then cut into about 1/2 to 1 inch pieces. Bring your cup of water to a boil, add the pine needles and "gently" simmer for 20 minutes.

Now using lemon water daily is a good way to keep your blood cleansed. It really helps your system. Suggest 3 tablespoons lemon juice to your total daily water (8 glasses), especially if you don't like the lemon.

Great post Debbie! Thank you for bringing up this topic.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
Cheri

Re: Natural Remedies #31428
02/05/05 06:02 PM
02/05/05 06:02 PM
W
Windsor  Offline
United States
An once of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Wash your hands and never touch your face with your hands unless they have just been washed. You will be amazed at the reduction in sickness.

Also, most antibiotics are natural, penicillin being the classic example.

Re: Natural Remedies #31429
02/05/05 06:30 PM
02/05/05 06:30 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Here is something I have been doing recently. I have been eating several cloves of garlic during the week.
However I have been roasting heads of garlic, and this is in order that the immune system be strong enough to resist colds,flus, increase strength, help with digestion etc.
The beauty of roasting it is that the garlic smell is not as strong and is actually pretty weak. [Smile]
God Bless,
Will

Re: Natural Remedies #31430
02/05/05 07:27 PM
02/05/05 07:27 PM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
I've said it before, and hopefully it bears repeating: since giving up all dairy products nearly three years ago, I just don't get sick any more. Ever. Giving up meat helped, yes, but it was getting away from the dairy that pushed things over the top.

I might have a bad day every now and then, when a 'bug' is evidently trying to elbow its way into the system; but a few hours of sleep and everything's all better. That's a whole different scenario than having a cold/cough/sneezy sniffles/sore throat for two weeks!

Cheri, I'm going to try that cooling off with cold water trick in the shower; have been doing the hot part for decades. [Smile] The lemon water sounds like a good idea too -- and quite a bit cheaper than the "Willard Water" I use from time to time.

Debbie, about the only pill I pop is an ibuprofen for the occasional headache, when I'm in a hurry. But a better remedy for that is to pour a footpan of hot water, and put your feet in it. The blood rushes to the feet to try and carry away the extra heat; so blood moves away from the brain, and relieves the headache.

Re: Natural Remedies #31431
02/05/05 07:56 PM
02/05/05 07:56 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
quote:

Windsor originally posted:
Also, most antibiotics are natural, penicillin being the classic example.

Penicillin is a natural antibiotic?

Re: Natural Remedies #31432
02/05/05 09:31 PM
02/05/05 09:31 PM
W
Windsor  Offline
United States
Yes it is. Penicillin is produced by the fungus Penicillium chrysogenum.

Ampicillin and amoxicillin are in the same class of antibiotics but are considered semi-synthetic because a few molecules have been modified.

Re: Natural Remedies #31433
02/05/05 11:19 PM
02/05/05 11:19 PM
debbie  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
USA
Will, you can see by what John posted about the foot treatment how easy it is to do. And no, you really don't need any special equipment to practice hydrotherapy. A wool blanket, a pan to put your feet in, water, towels and washclothes, usually just household items. That is why hydrotherapy is so NICE

And Cheri, your shower "treatment" is excellent advice!! I get in a hurry at times and forget to do that--but you are right. If you want to stay well--and certainly have a clear mind--just try that cold water (and do a nice hopping dance in the shower [Big Grin] while you are doing it)...just remember you don't need to stay under the cold water. I just rinse off as quickly as possible (brrr!!) and get OUT!!

I must second what John said about leaving off all dairy products. It is the best way to stay healthy and well!

Windsor said penicillin is a natural product. I would agree. I do know that Dr. Thrash has in her books natural remedies in the place of an antibiotic. What Cheri posted about the shower is one natural antibiotic...it keeps the blood circulating and the white blood cells in better health so they can do their job. I like to look at penicillin as something I can take should it get to the point that nothing else would work--as a last resort. Penicillin has saved many lives in the past and I'm thankful for it!!

Will, I will get the information for these books and post them just a bit later...

Re: Natural Remedies #31434
02/05/05 11:38 PM
02/05/05 11:38 PM
debbie  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
USA
1. "Home Remedies" by Drs Agatha and Calvin Thrash. (Hydrotherapy, Massage, Charcoal and other Simple Treatments). Web-site with addresses is: www.ucheepines.org/contact_info.htm

2. "Water Seminar" by Charles S. Thomas, Ph.D. I'm not sure how to get this book as it was put out at a seminar I went to by Dr. Thomas. You might ask at your local ABC. This book covers the basics of hydrotherapy!!

3. "Back to Eden" by Jethro Kloss (SDA) (written in the 1800's and probably at your local library).

4. "Natural Remedies, A Manual" by Phylis Austin with Drs Agatha and Calvin Thrash (MDs). This is a smaller book as a continuation of the first book they put out (I listed above). There is a third one also out called "More Natural Remedies" by the same Uchee Pines group.

5. "God's Healing Leaves" A User's Guide to Herbology by Robert McClintock, ND. P. O. Box 7, Rice, Washington 99167. Dr. McClintock has been on 3ABN and is SDA. This book is more about the use of herbal treatments.

6. "Mad Cows and Milk Gate" by Virgil Hulse, M. D. is a good book telling the truth about the dairy industry. Published by Marble Mountian Publishing, P. O. Box 668, Phoenix, Oregon 97535. I am not sure but I believe Dr. Hulse is also SDA.

There are many more books out there. Mine are on the older side but very valuable to me.

I might add as an edit here: Dr. Thrash's website could probably help anyone get any of these books listed here. I'm thinking specifically of Dr. Thomas and Dr. Kloss's books!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!