HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,611
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 2 invisible), 2,944 guests, and 16 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Can We Actually Go And Sin No More? #31987
04/22/03 09:57 PM
04/22/03 09:57 PM
Restin  Offline
Apopka, Florida, USA
If i happened across Mike Lowe's wife or kid, I wonder if they would say Mike never did anything wrong last month. [Razz]

Re: Can We Actually Go And Sin No More? #31988
04/22/03 10:10 PM
04/22/03 10:10 PM
Restin  Offline
Apopka, Florida, USA
I do believe that one can achieve a state of sinlessness...when you are too old to go places, do things, and be interested in sex. [Heart]

Re: Can We Actually Go And Sin No More? #31989
04/22/03 11:24 PM
04/22/03 11:24 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
quote:
Originally posted by Restin:
I do believe that one can achieve a state of sinlessness...when you are too old to go places, do things, and be interested in sex. [Heart]

And unable to think.

Re: Can We Actually Go And Sin No More? #31990
04/22/03 11:56 PM
04/22/03 11:56 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I like to let the Bible speak to me rather than me speak to the Bible.

When Jesus says to go and sin no more irrespective of to whom He is saying it to, I would expect He means just that. His biddings are also His enablings.

We need to be careful that we are not putting words into the Bible's or our Lord's mouth.

Re: Can We Actually Go And Sin No More? #31991
04/23/03 12:03 AM
04/23/03 12:03 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Can We Walk With God?

What are the first things necessary in our life if we would be able to walk with God as Enoch did?
(Mat 5:6) Blessed [are] they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
(Hos 10:12) Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for [it is] time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.
Is this walk possible?

quote:
"It is only as we behold Jesus that we desire to become like Him. It is only as we view His righteousness that we hunger and thirst to posess it. It is only as we ask in earnest prayer, in humility and simplicity, as the little child asks an earthly parent for some good thing, that God will grant unto us our heart's desire."-The Signs of the Times, December 25, 1893.

"We are to live by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God; in this way we are to become partakers of the divine nature. Those who are doers of the word of God will be one with Christ, and will walk with God as Enoch walked with Him of old." -The Medical Missionary, August, 1, 1892.

What is God's grace?

(2Co 12:9) And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (Eph 3:7) Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
quote:
"Christ loved the hopeless sinner, and came to our world to bridge the gulf, and unite divine power to human weakness, that in His strength and grace man might wrestle for himself against Satan's temptations, overcome for himself, and stand in his God-given manhood, a victor over perverted appetite and degrading passions."-Christian Temperance and Bible Hygiene, p. 146.

"It is Christ's desire that His children shall reach this place. He longs to reveal thru them the treasure of His grace. He says to them, 'Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect'(Matthew 5:48). And He says this because He knows that it is possible for them to reach perfection. The life that He lived in this world, they can live. He met the foe single-handed, as they must meet him. He asked for and received power to enable Him to overcome in conflict. And those who walk in God's way have the same power."-The Signs of the Times, August 12, 1908.

"God's grace will be dispensed to His servants to meet the emergency. 'It shall be given you,' says Jesus, 'in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.' As the Spirit of God illuminates the minds of His servants, the truth will be presented in its divine power and preciousness. Those who reject the truth will stand to accuse and oppress the disciples. But under loss and suffering, even unto death, the Lord's children are to reveal the meekness of their divine Example. Thus will be seen the contrast between Satan's agents and the represenatives of Christ. The Saviour will be lifted up before the rulers and the people."-The Desire of Ages, p. 354.

God is full of grace and mercy, praise the Lord for something that we never deserved.
with love
Cheri

taken from SBL, Senior Divison "Enoch's Walk With God", April-June2003/SDARM SBL's

Re: Can We Actually Go And Sin No More? #31992
04/23/03 01:26 AM
04/23/03 01:26 AM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
It is so irrelevant to say who sins and who does not sin, when...that is not the issue at all. The issue is...what is the condition for eternal life "victory over sin and "go and sin No More."

We are not judges nor are we God that knows the heart, we are only mankind on our journey to the kingdom. Total Submission to our Saviour, puts us in a saving condition on this journey and Jesus finishes what he starts in us, and if we don't turn away from Him, by faith, He enables us to do His bidding. "Go And sin no more."

If this is not true, Satan will win the "Great Controversy."

Jesus shed His blood, that we may be Justified and gave us the example of a perfect life, by total dependence/submission on/to His Father. Also we may partake of His divine nature and He will live His life in us, which is Sanctification. Fitness for heaven.

Rom 5:9
Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Phi 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Genuine SORROW for sin is results in the forsaking of sin......

Sketches from the Life of Paul----PG- 177....

"Now I rejoice, not that ye were
made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance;
for ye were made sorry after a godly manner,
that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of." That repentance which is produced by the influence of divine grace upon the heart, will lead to the confession and forsaking of sin. .......

Re: Can We Actually Go And Sin No More? #31993
04/23/03 04:56 PM
04/23/03 04:56 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
quote:
Originally posted by Daryl Fawcett:
I like to let the Bible speak to me rather than me speak to the Bible.

When Jesus says to go and sin no more irrespective of to whom He is saying it to, I would expect He means just that. His biddings are also His enablings.

We need to be careful that we are not putting words into the Bible's or our Lord's mouth.

The Bible is a record of ancient human interaction with God. It is more important that we listen to what God says to us without insisting that everything in the Bible is what God says to us, or that all that God says to us is in the Bible. I understand the tendency to believe that Jesus was setting down universal requirements everytime He spoke or acted but even those who believe that don't live accordingly. I have not found one Christian who claims that broiled fish is a required part of the Christian diet, and we know that Jesus ate broiled fish. Jesus does not accept us because we are able to live sinlessly; He died for us because He always claimed us as His own.

Why we would ask whether God wants us to live sinlessly rather that whether God wants us to rely on Him is an interesting situation.

Re: Can We Actually Go And Sin No More? #31994
04/23/03 05:06 PM
04/23/03 05:06 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri Fritz:
We are born into sin. We are naturally sinful. We need what is good. That good is Christ's blood atoning for our sins.

That's what the devil wants us to believe, but it is not true. Where you are born does not define me. Jesus was born in a manger but that did not make him a farm animal.

When God created us He said we were good. That was our nature. We are naturally good. It borders on blasphemy to suggest that God was such a lousy creator that one of His created beings could change the nature of His creation. We were born slaves to sin but that did not deprive us of our heavenly citizenship. It is unfortunate that we have forgotten who we truy are. Jesus came to rescue us because we are His. If we were not His He would have had to conquer us.

Re: Can We Actually Go And Sin No More? #31995
04/23/03 05:44 PM
04/23/03 05:44 PM
Avalee  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Originally posted by Darius:
quote:
Originally posted by Restin:

And unable to think.

Praise God that we have the Word of God and the Spirit of Prophecy to guide us instead of humans! [Heart]

Psalms 139:23-24
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

1 Chronicles 28:9
And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.

Proverbs 12:5
The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the wicked are deceit.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart

Those are just a few of the scriptures that shows us that we must have our thoughts under control of the Holy Spirit, and yes this does include men...Jesus had his thoughts under control of the Holy Spirit and this means the men today can do this too...and of course women can too.

Re: Can We Actually Go And Sin No More? #31996
04/23/03 06:30 PM
04/23/03 06:30 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Darius,

In Eden our parents (Adam and Eve) were created perfect. They bore the clothes of light. And they could approach the Lord God Almighty, and in them there was no sin found because they did not know sin.

Gen 1:27 "So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. "

We were created in the image of God. What clothing does God wear?
quote:
"Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. Who coverest [thyself] with light as [with] a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:" Psalms 104:1,2
(1) Clothed with Honor
(2) Majesty
(3) Light
(a) This was the clothing of Adam and Eve in the beginning
(b) It is a very worldly-minded picture of Adam and Eve naked in the garden of Eden

quote:
(Gen 3:7) And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they [were] naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
(1) This was a different type of nakedness than in: " Gen 2:25 "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."
quote:
"God instructed our first parents in regard to the tree of knowledge, and they were fully informed relative to the fall of Satan, and the danger of listening to his suggestions. He did not deprive them of the power of eating the forbidden fruit. He left them as free moral agents to believe his word, obey his commandments and live, or believe the tempter, disobey and perish. They both ate, and the great wisdom they obtained was the knowledge of sin, and a sense of guilt. The covering of light about them soon disappeared, and under a sense of guilt, and loss of their divine covering, a shivering seized them, and they tried to cover their exposed forms. The Lord would not have them investigate the fruit of the tree of knowledge, for then they would be exposed to Satan masked. He knew that they would be perfectly safe if they touched not the fruit." Vol. 1, Spirit of Prophecy, p.40:2.
What did they do as soon as they lost that covering?Gen 3:7 "And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they [were] naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons."

Why did they make a garment of fig leaves? Because God would be in their presence.

Adam and Eve are lacking the good image of God and they knew it.

What is our present day condition?

quote:
Isa 64:6 But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
How are we going to be worthy if we have no righteousness? Joh 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
"1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." We NEED to be born again in Christ Jesus!

"Mat 5:6 Blessed [are] they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled."

* NOTE: What is good? In Genesis chapter one we read about the creation story and what God made was good. Good is perfection and good is without fault nor sin.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!