HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21
Re: Clapping in church #34180
11/23/05 03:16 AM
11/23/05 03:16 AM
D
D R  Offline
Charter Member
SDA
Active Member 2020

East Coast Canada
LOL [Smile]

Re: Clapping in church #34181
11/25/05 03:26 AM
11/25/05 03:26 AM
Redfog  Offline
Michigan, USA
[Off Topic] I know of a one handed bee keeper. Someone asked me how he could do the very labor intensive work of bee keeping with only one hand. I told them maybe he used a hired hand.... [Rolling Over For Laughter]

Sorry, I know that was bad, [Big Grin]

Redfog

Re: Clapping in church #34182
11/25/05 04:19 AM
11/25/05 04:19 AM
C
Claudia Thompson  Offline
England
One of the biggest problems is that the real reason behind all of this celebration movement and clapping in the church is that there is a great movement to ecumenise all of the Churches in order to remove the distinguishing marks between them. Just as Ellen White warned, there would be a movement to unite on points in common.

The clapping and swaying is one of the ways of making it where all the churches are doing the same thing, including pentecostals, seventh day adventists and other christian churches. Then of course there will be the Sunday movement...

The catholic church is making itself appear more protestant, the protestant churches is making itself appear less different then the catholic church and all of them together are adding on the pentecostal-like clapping and shouting. It is all in reality being done to unite. While God is calling His people out of Babylon and warning them to keep His commandments, Satan is bringing in this false revival movement to unite all of the churches.

And then of course "after the fact" people are conjuring up all these "good sounding" and "plausible sounding" reasons as to why it is suddenly a good thing to hop around in church and shout and carry on and clap.... when that really isnt even the issue.

Its like taking a pig and trying to put lipstick on it. But the psychological effect Satan wants it all to have is still effective... unity and less and less difference between the denominations. I cringe every time I drive by these other denominational churches and see "Celebration" on their church signs. Most Christians dont put two and two together though, unfortunately. They cannot see the big picture of whats really taking place.

Claudia

Re: Clapping in church #34183
11/25/05 12:40 PM
11/25/05 12:40 PM
D
D R  Offline
Charter Member
SDA
Active Member 2020

East Coast Canada
That is absured to state that we who clap, raise hands or even move a little to a song are "becoming one with the Sunday Churches or with the Catholic Church".
-If conforming with the other Churches were an issue then we as SDAs need to look at the origins of our "traditional worship service" Who introduced congregational singing?? Answer John Huss (SDA? NO Ctaholic? YES) Offering being collected on Sabbath? The arrangement of the pues, hymn books, Preacher raised above the congregation, wearing ties, service from 11 am to 12 noonish. Not raising hands, lack of respect in the sanctuary, these are some very important issues that we could examine and bring condemnation upon those that do these things...
-Blanket statements against "Celebration" are not what God wants from us, for throughout Scripture we see a joy of worship, a joy in the Lord, a serious relationship with Him. Why do we (SDA) have such a paranoia of Worship? This is not to say let everything go, we must be responsible to understand the motives and direction that the Worship service is towards. Do we Celebrate peoples Anniversaries? Birthdays? Graduations? Weddings? ALL THE MORE REASON we should be Celebrating Sabbath! I look forward to Sabbath as a special Holy day, one where my family comes together to Worship Him!...

Re: Clapping in church #34184
11/25/05 05:04 PM
11/25/05 05:04 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
This is the prayer of Jesus:
quote:
20"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. 25"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."
Why is this prayer of Jesus nowdays attributed to the devil?

/Thomas

Re: Clapping in church #34185
11/25/05 10:26 PM
11/25/05 10:26 PM
Redfog  Offline
Michigan, USA
Thomas I'm just an uneducated apiarist, can you expand the meaning and question of the last post?

Redfog

Re: Clapping in church #34186
11/25/05 11:25 PM
11/25/05 11:25 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Rf
Its in relation to what claudia wrote in this thread and others have voiced at other places. The idea that unity among christians is the first step towards persecution of SDA etc...

Re: Clapping in church #34187
11/26/05 01:21 AM
11/26/05 01:21 AM
debbie  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
Claudia is 100% right. Anyone who studies what is happening in the Protestant Churches can see it clearly. However, many are blind.

Mrs. White has clearly stated we are not to resort to applause/clapping in our churches.

PERIOD!!

Re: Clapping in church #34188
11/26/05 02:42 AM
11/26/05 02:42 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Good to see you Deb [Smile] You are absolutely correct, Sister White warned against applause in a church service because it exalts a person.
I posted the entire chapter inorder for us to grasp what she said, and why she said it.
quote:

Chap. 16 - Danger of Applause
I have been shown that great caution should be used, even when it is necessary to lift a burden of oppression from men and women, lest they lean to their own wisdom and fail to make God their only dependence. It is not safe to speak in praise of persons or to exalt the ability of a minister of Christ. In the day of God, very many will be weighed in the balance and found wanting because of exaltation. I would warn my brethren and sisters never to flatter persons because of their ability, for they cannot bear it. Self is easily exalted, and, in consequence, persons lose their balance. I say again to my brethren and sisters: If you would have your souls clean from the blood of all men, never flatter, never praise the efforts of poor mortals; for it may prove their ruin. It is unsafe, by our words and actions, to exalt a brother or sister, however apparently humble may be his or her deportment. If they really possess the meek and lowly spirit which God so highly esteems, help them to retain it. This will not be done by censuring them nor by neglecting to properly appreciate their true worth. But there are few who can bear praise without being injured. {3T 185.1}

Some ministers of ability who are now preaching present truth, love approbation. Applause stimulates them, as the
glass of wine does the inebriate. Place these ministers where they have a small congregation which promises no special excitement and which provokes no decided opposition, and they will lose their interest and zeal, and appear as languid in the work as the inebriate when he is deprived of his dram. These men will fail to make real, practical laborers until they learn to labor without the excitement of applause.

God Bless,
Will

Re: Clapping in church #34189
11/26/05 03:28 AM
11/26/05 03:28 AM
debbie  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
Thank you Will for posting these quotes. They are priceless! [Smile]

Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!